Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Ironfoot
Council Member
Send Message
Post The Walking Dead
on: February 05, 2013 04:43
The Walking Dead is by far the greatest show to ever hit television (in my opinion). Never has a show gotten me to jump up out of my seat and rave at the TV screen like a madman like this one does ! I very much doubt there are any fans of the show on this forum. I might as well give it a shot. Any TWD fans here?
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Post Re: The Walking Dead
on: February 05, 2013 07:06
There is at least one more. lol. Actually, I normally hate anything having to do with zombies and I and resisted watching this one for a long time while my husband and son did. However, when season 2 started and I would be in the room with them I started watching a little and am now just as hooked as they are. Thankfully, Netflix had the 1st season for me to catch up. Can't wait for the return of the show this weekend.
Ironfoot
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2013 07:43
Quote from Dolwen on February 6, 2013, 05:06
There is at least one more. lol. Actually, I normally hate anything having to do with zombies and I and resisted watching this one for a long time while my husband and son did. However, when season 2 started and I would be in the room with them I started watching a little and am now just as hooked as they are. Thankfully, Netflix had the 1st season for me to catch up. Can't wait for the return of the show this weekend.

Yay! I know, that is exactly how I felt. I thought zombies were overrated but this show is just so creative. To be honest, like %75 of the show is about human interaction, as opposed to a zombie slaying gore-fest.
Ironfoot
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2013 07:43
If Daryl dies I will be so angry. He is my favorite character.
Dolwen
Send Message
on: February 05, 2013 08:11
To be honest, like %75 of the show is about human interaction, as opposed to a zombie slaying gore-fest.

Exactly! If it were the gore-fest I wouldn't watch it. I've never been a fan of horror. I agree with you on Daryl as well.
Ironfoot
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2013 03:47
***SPOILER ALERT***
SCROLL AT YOUR OWN PERIL!!

Okay, so here's my impression of the mid-season 3 return (episode 9) that aired today. I know only Dolwen will be interested in this . IT WAS AWESOME!!! The beginning blew me away. I did not think they would attempt a rescue on the first episode. I thought the rescue attempt was going to be a plot center piece for the next couple of episodes, so that was just awesome that it started out like that. I am a bit disappointed that Deryl left, but nonetheless I am overjoyed that he lived. I am also pretty certain he will rejoin the group at some point later on. Perhaps Merl dies or both of them decide to help out and Rick has a change of heart about him. He'll be back . It is distressing that Rick is going nuts but I also believe he will get over it and return to his normal self soon. Oh, and it scared the hell out of me seeing Rick's hallucination of Lori standing up there. Freaky! Overall it was a spectacular episode that is leading to some great turns.
Dolwen
Send Message
on: February 12, 2013 02:40
***SPOILERS***

We don't have cable so I don't get to watch it until the night after via amazon so we watched it last night and I avoided your post until then. Completely agree with you...amazing episode. The rescue was definitely unexpected. At first, I figured Merle and Daryl would fight their way out until the zombies that is. lol. I fully expect Daryl to return also, with our without his brother remains to be seen. I do hope that Rick lets the newbies stay, at least Tyreese and his girl. Don't' really trust the other guy and his son when they were so easily willing to kill Carol and Carl. I really can't stand the Governor, hope they kill him off soon and in an epic way. lol.
Ironfoot
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2013 12:54
Don't you think Andrea should become the new governor of Woodberry? Her leadership skills are amazing, and she wouldn't do all of the crazy stuff Phillip (I think that's his name) does. I predict that is what happens.
Dolwen
Send Message
on: February 12, 2013 09:57
Andrea has never been one of my favorite characters but I wish she'd wake up and quit being so naive about the Governor. She saw his room, she saw what he did to Daryl yet she still follows him. She would make a better leader than him though, he's a bit of a loon. lol. I wonder how long before they try to take the prison? Season finale perhaps?
Ironfoot
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2013 11:10
Yeah that's what I thought about Andrea too until this latest episode. She is sort of rising to the occasion...
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email