Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Post Baby Chickies!!!
on: March 17, 2013 10:55
I just got some pictures of our new little chicks. We have 6 hens and one rooster. I couldn't get them to all hold still in the frame at one time. The two black ones are Lalaith and Elwing. The yellow ones are Meep and Mimmi. The dark brown one is Dis and the redish one is Rosie. The tiny yellow one is the rooster Amos, he's about a week or so younger than the girls. For those of you not familiar with chicks, when they sleep, they just sort of fall over where they are, it's really cute, I managed to catch Lalaith and Elwing sleeping.

And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Baby Chickies!!!
on: March 17, 2013 07:19
They are so beautiful and innocent HuldahMaria. Love their names. Thanks for sharing.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2013 02:24
Adorable!

We have chicks too. We got Plymouth Rock and Red Production chicks a couple weeks ago, and some Araucana ones a few days ago. The Araucanas are also know as Easter Egg chickens because they lay colored eggs.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2013 10:52
These are baby ducks that were born in my yard several years ago. Mommy duck was killed by an alligator when it came out of the water to eat the babies. She stopped running and let the alligator take her so the babies could get away. All but one of the babies were moved to another lake. That remaining duck still comes to my yard and has delighted me with many baby duckies. The alligator was "harvested".
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2013 11:05
Aw, poor duckies! Speaking of ducks, the place where my dad works ordered chicks and ducks (that's where we got our chicks from), and I got to see the little duckies that were left. They are sooo cute! I really want a pet duck sometime.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2013 09:56
Ducks are very smart and will learn to come when you call them. The only drawback is that they are a bit messy.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2013 12:50
congrats on the chickies! they are so cute! are they all fluffy?
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 27, 2013 10:09
They were, that was March 17. They are no longer fluffy I hear, they grow very fast. The last thing I heard from the person who is taking care of them is they are starting to look like mini hens. The little rooster is a tiny bit younger, so he is probably still a little fluffy as of right now.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 27, 2013 12:16
Take some more pictures to show us how big they are getting. When they grow up, what will happen to them?
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email