Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Post Names For Your Stuff?
on: March 24, 2013 02:42
Well, I have a slight problem that many of my friends ridiculed me for, but now many of whom do the same thing: I name all of my immediate belongings. I was wondering if anyone else did the same thing as me? Or if I just have preblems...
I'll kick off the list...
iPod- Steven. I dont even know why. He just is.
Cell Phone- Legolas Greenleaf (Actually has a purpose- has LG4G on the back of the phone.)
Violin- Giovanni, for whence the company where it was made. However, naming my stuff just made me more attatched to it which is why I have a breakdown every time my violin goes out of tune.
Acoustic Guitar- Aslan. Becasue it's a George Washburn Lyon and has a silver lion head emblem on the neck.
Electric Guitar- Pete. Because it's a Peavey guitar. I have no idea how to spell that
Camera- Vivi (From Vivitar, the manufacturing company)
And, finnaly, my DVD player. Its name is Phillip, becasue thats the company that made it
So how bout you guys?
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Names For Your Stuff?
on: March 24, 2013 04:27
I can only think of one thing that I've named: my MP3 Player. Her name is Jasmine, Jazzy for short.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2013 08:57
Um...my car has two different names, POS (Piece of Shi__) and Death Trap, due to the fact that it is old and keeps on breaking down on me.
'If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers. Though their magic was strong even in those days they were wary. They differed from the High Elves of the West, and were more dangerous and less wise.' ~ Flies and Spiders The Hobbit
Taug anin ú-daug.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2013 02:25
lol!!!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Ironfoot
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2013 01:58
Findemaxam I think that is really cool!
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
on: March 25, 2013 07:41
We used to name our cars, when I was growing up. We had a red Chevy station wagon that was Rosemarie, my grandparents had a yellow Chevy Sedan named Crystal (long before the horror movie), and a blue Chevy named Bluebell. Don't do that any more and both of them are long gone. Different time. Nothing wrong with naming objects, IMHO. Just makes them a bit more personal.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2013 08:37
Lastiel_Rusc, I had a car once with the same name as yours..POS, made me laugh. When I was little, my mother called her car Nelly Belle. My computer is Gandalf and my truck is Truck.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2013 10:55
OOOHHHH Findemaxam I have the SAME issue (as you know, but not many others on this site do). Here we go!

-My car's name is Molly (a little white 15-year-old Chevy)
-My iPod Touch's name is Cole (after a character in the Shiver series by Maggie Stiefvater, for those who don't even care )
-My phone's name is Oliver, named after a very attractive gym teacher substitute that we had last year in high school.
-My MacBook's name is Toby, after both Toby Mac (the Christian music artist) and Toby Turner (my favorite dude to watch on YouTube)
-Our home computer's name is Big Mac, which is an iMac (named after my dad's favorite sandwich at McDonald's)
-My Magic Mouse for my MacBook's name is Jerry (after the mouse in Tom and Jerry)
-My viola's name is Violeta (Spanish word for purple, closest word to "viola")
-Our guitars are named Cody and Riccardo, one's an Epiphone and the other's a Takamine.
-Our family van's name is Mini (take a good guess why...)
-My parent's Honda is named Stella.
-Our couch's name is Waffle (it looks like one and it's very fluffy)
-Our mini cactus's name is Spineapple
I know, we're a strange family Though i'm glad we're not the only ones that do this Or so I think.....
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 27, 2013 03:04
lol, thanks for those of you who think its cool.
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2013 09:06
I name my stuff 2! My purple iPod nano's name is Alexis. Okay, this is weird but she (my iPod) is married to findemaxa's iPod named Steven. He had a previous wife named Sherry but she died after being thrown by my mom (long story). Their adopted sons are Cole (see lotrelessar94 above) and my brothers iPod Max. They had their own kids named Blue (it's a blue iPod shuffle) and Noodles (a purple iPod shuffle I believe). Alexis and Stevens parents (my parents iPods) are named Butch and Phoebe. So, we have a legitimate family tree of iPods!
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
Cillendor
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2013 04:42
For the 2 ½ years that I had a car, it's name was the King of Red Lions. My GPS was affectionately known as Navi. But then the King of Red Lions went and got himself a transmission failure, and I've been without motorized transportation ever since.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2013 03:16
awwwww....sorry about your car......
Yes, we do have a family tree of iPods. You forgot Eddie, Rodwen. Green gen. 1 iPod shuffle that is one of Steven and Alexis' kids. We have many problems...
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2013 10:55
Oh, sorry. I'll add him in later. Sowy Ed!
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2013 01:23
its OK. He's dead anyways.............forgot to plug him into the compuer. What should I name the computer, guys!!!!!???????
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email