Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Post The Hobbit movie--what did you like?
on: April 04, 2013 11:07
I know we have a thread for what you didn't like about the first Hobbit movie, so on a positive note, what did you like? Was there something that stuck out to you in a good way, or was meaningful to you?
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: The Hobbit movie--what did you like?
on: April 04, 2013 11:48
I thought Bilbo was so brave. He was not afraid to defend himself or his friends.

I liked seeing Galadriel...she is breathtaking. I also liked Thranduil and I look forward to more of him in the upcoming films. It was interesting to see a different side of Rivendell with musicians and elves we have not seen before and it was a good addition to see Elrond riding with his warriors.

The music was outstanding...Howard Shore did a great job tying the score with the music from the trilogy.

All the Dwarves were wonderful, each with a distinct personality.

Actually, I loved the entire movie. There is nothing I did not like.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Glorfindel of Rivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2013 02:34
One of my likes kind of merges with a dislike, so I'll explain both.

While at first I wasn't, and in some ways still aren't, pleased with his putting in things that weren't in the book, such as Radagast the Brown, after a couple watches I did start to notice one thing.

In the first movie when he completely ignored the character Tom Bombadil, I was terribly disappointed. While I'm aware that in the sense of a movie he didn't add much to the storyline and that was Peter Jackson's reasoning for leaving him out.

In The Hobbit, however, I noticed that Radagast made me think a lot of Tom in some of the things he would say and do and whatnot, which made me feel that Peter was trying to bring a bit of Tom Bombadil out in Radagast.

Now I don't know if this is true or not, but that is the sense I got from the fleshing out of Radagast, and although I would much rather have had Tom Bombadil, it's nice to at least see a tip of the hat.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2013 11:45
I liked a number of things. Bilbo's facial expressions and reactions to the Dwarves arrivals and the party was absolutely priceless.
I loved Elrond's entrance, I think I already said this, but I really liked the humility it shows that he was participating in hunting the orcs and protecting Imladris, not just sending others out to take care of it. I also loved how gracious he was to Thorin, in spite of Thorin's rude comments.
Bofur reaching out to Bilbo when he's intending to leave was really sweet, he's been the underdog his whole life probably, now he's trying to help and encourage the underdog in their group.
And of course, Thorin hugging Bilbo in the end.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Bunnies! I want a bunny sledge!
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
Lol tarcolan, so true! I loved Misty Mountains Cold, and how grand everything was. You could feel the passion of the dwarves for their kingdom. Elrond is always epic!
"Tears unnumbered ye shall shed; and the Valar will fence Valinor against you, and shut you out, so that not even the echo of your lamentation shall pass over the mountains." ~ The Doom of Mandos
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email