Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Post Hard times
on: June 18, 2013 04:04
Hello everyone! I know that everyone goes through hard times in their life, and sometimes talking about them helps, no matter how big or small. i hope this thread is allowed on here! so tell us about your hard times and you can find comfort here as well as encouragement. so right now, my mamaw has cancer. well, not anymore i guess. she went in for a scan and it came back clear! thank you to all who prayed! but right now she is really weak. she is having a surgery on Friday if you all can keep that in your prayers as well. my doggie Dafi is another. he has bone cancer and there is really nothing else the vet can do. i have been putting essential oils on his leg (where to tumor is) and it seems to be helping a bit. but today he barely ate anything. but he will eat bread! silly pooch. so i have been thinking of ways to work that into his food.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS PRAYED FOR MY DOG AND MY MAMAW! *hugs*

BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
A good friend of ours is losing a long battle with ovarian cancer. She has beat the odds three times, but this time it looks like it's winning. She is back in the hospital with fever and pneumonia after yet another round of chemotherapy and radiation. This has been going on for about 5 years now when they gave her no more than a year so she's been living on borrowed time. I'm just praying that she lets them make her comfortable and not prolong this if it's not possible to get her back on her feet.

Legolas23, I'm glad your grandma is doing better. It will take a bit for her to get her strength back. As for your dog, the pain of bone cancer is pretty bad so hopefully the vet can give him something to help with that. If the pain gets too bad, having him put down is really the kindest thing you could do. It's quite normal with cancer to lose the appetite, especially that particular kind. Poor thing... Whatever he wants to eat would be acceptable at this point. There really aren't any dietary restrictions with anyone or anything that has cancer, just whatever appeals. Hugs for all these painful things you're going through.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
He is taking pain killer and another med. to keep his appetite up. he tends to be most active at night and in the evening. but the rest of the time, he lays down for hours. but i guess sleep is also a wonderful medicine. i will be praying for your friend Belle! *hugs*
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email