Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Jrodgers106
Council Member
Send Message
Post Getting started for a new member wanting to start a new language
on: January 04, 2014 08:16
Hello, I am sorry if I seem an amateur to the ways of this site and what not. I heard this was a good reliable website to be a catalyst towards learning an elvish language. I am leaning towards the Sindarin and while I have not explored the site to it's fullest yet, I thought I could go ahead and get some suggestions as to where to begin on this forum (if in fact this is the right forum; even though I am sure it is). Thank you to all that have input. I really appreciate it.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Sulaid!

I will give you what advice I can, as far as how I began to learn.

First, I went to the Language section of this site and read all of the "Studying Elvish Tools" that I could, just so I had an idea of what to expect before I dove right in. Then, I chose Sindarin as my language, becasue the articles in the "Studying Elvish Tools" sent me on that personal path. Then, I printed out the lesson and exercise for Lesson One. I transcribes all of lesson one into a notebook, and then read it out loud to make it stick. It took about three days for it all to get in my head, and then i did the excersize in the notebook and submitted it ion here. I repeated the process over and over for each lesson. I also did the "Additional Practice" for each lesson, too.

Also, ask questions if you aren't sure! You don't want to learn something the wrong way because your scared to ask. People are so nice here and will help you with everything you need.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email