Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
mirqueen
Council Member
Send Message
Post Where to Post for Fic-Names Translation Help?
on: February 02, 2014 12:37
I have a very long list of names I created for the elves in my LOTR fiction, and I was wondering where I would post them to have others double-check the "translations" of the names? There are names in Quenya and Sindarin, and I would really love to have all the names in one post if possible, rather than separating into each language.

Can anybody help me out with this?

Thanks ahead of time!
~mir

[Edited on 02/02/2014 by mirqueen]
"You knew I would come."
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
You should be able to find something in the Languages of Middle-Earth section. It's located in the menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
For any question related to Elvish and translations, you should head to the Elvish Forums. The languages section has translator-aides, but for a peer-check by other people the forums are the place to go.
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
I agree; 'Other Languages and General Elvish Discussion' is the forum to post in, if you prefer not separating the Sindarin and Quenya names.
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
mirqueen
Council Member
Send Message
'Other Languages...' sounds like the place for me! Thank you Evil~Shieldmaiden, gondolinian, and ~nólemë~!
"You knew I would come."
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email