Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Post Hacking
on: June 13, 2014 01:06
Talking about ethical (white hat) hacking here. I've been interested in it for quite some time, and I was just wondering if anyone else is.
There's actually many renowned hackers that use their power for good, believe it or not. Kevin Mitnick a.k.a 'The Condor', for instance. Also, Kevin Poulsen a.k.a 'Dark Dante', and Barnaby Jack (i don't think he had an alias).

A lot of hackers start out bad, but at least those guys fought for good. Well, are fighting, except for the late Barnaby Jack. Anyway, I'm not going to do hacking as a career, as much fun as that would be. I might do some of it on the side though. Anyone else?
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Wait, wait, wait...back up, Leo. Do you mean that people are hacking "bad" sites to block them for good?
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Finnr
Council Member
Send Message
i use to be really into security, mainly web security so like websites and online databases but also network security and some server security. i use to help run a site that had "challenges" to help learn. since i started my new job ive kinda stopped going there but the site is still up although last i looked the forum was somewhat inactive now
finnr_sig
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
I've been doing some learning on the subject and have found that it's no easy task! I knew it wouldn't be but I didn't know that it would be this hard for me. One of the hardest things to do is not try out the things that I'm learning. Because there's no place to practice them, and if you practice them just anywhere you could get into a lot of trouble. I wish someone would have some servers or something set up where people could practice.
"All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
@findemaxam48: No, not at all. Sure, there IS cyber-warfare, but that's not what I'm talking about. I am more referring to security than anything else. If you know how to hack, you can project websites (your own or a client's) against potential hackers.

Dude, HackThisSite.org is the place to go. They've got:
  • Basic missions
  • Realistic missions
  • Application missions
  • Programming missions
  • Phonephreaking missions
  • Javascript missions
  • Forensic missions
  • Extbasic missions
  • Stego missions
  • Irc missions

• [Edited on 06/16/2014 by Leoflic_Nightleaf]
    findemaxam48
    Council Member
    Send Message
    Gotcha. Like software protection, sort of. Right?
    We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
    Leoflic_Nightleaf
    Council Member
    Send Message
    Not really, but close enough .

[Edited on 06/16/2014 by Leoflic_Nightleaf]
    LadyCeleborn
    Palantir Mod, Guardian of Ulmo's Realm & Resident Eomer Fancier
    Send Message
    Leoflic_Nightleaf, this is in the wrong forum. This forum is for only books, movies, books. This should be in the Prancing Pony. They host all kinds of 'off' topics. I'll give it a few days till you see this and then move it.
    Members Online
    Print Friendly, PDF & Email