Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Ireth_Telrunya
Council Member
Send Message
Post Tentative title: A Different View
on: August 07, 2014 10:21
I came up with this idea (or the basis for it) a while ago, and have been searching for an outlet for it. Looks like I've found one!

The setup: We begin at Emyn Muil. The Fellowship is on their way to Mordor, not yet broken save for the fall of Gandalf. Orcs and Uruk-Hai are pursuing them with orders to "find the halfling" and take the thing it carries. However, some of them have been getting ideas of their own. Maybe they want to take the valuable thing for themselves. Maybe they just want to go their own way, and screw what anyone else thinks. Or maybe they want to take the thing and destroy it, thus gaining freedom from their master forever. (If they don't die first.)

Where you come in: Almost any sapient race in Arda is at your disposal. Elf, Man, Dwarf, Hobbit (leaning toward canon characters here); orc, goblin, troll, etc. If you're playing an OC, you can be anywhere on the spectrum from "lawful good" to "chaotic evil" as you choose. (I'm of the opinion that there ARE good orcs, but they were rarely seen, and often mistaken for bad ones and killed.)

For "bad guy" races, alignment with a specific villain (Sauron or Saruman) is your choice (though Saruman would be logical for horde-orcs commanded by Lurtz, i.e. members of the group who kill Boromir and kidnap Merry and Pippin in-canon); you can also be rogue. Gender is up to you as well.

Where you'll be going: The Fellowship's goal is clear: get the Ring to Mordor, no matter the cost. How the actions of OCs will affect that is anyone's guess.

My OC: A rogue, chaotic neutral female orc named Morshak, whose motivations I will reveal in-game. (No point spoiling all the fun in here, is there?)

Your OCs (if you wish): Other orcs in the horde, to start out with. Those who join later in the game, as sometimes happens, may have other races at their disposal.

CCs (Canon Characters) needed: To start with, the Fellowship (sans Gandalf, unless and until we reach a plot point matching up with his return). Other CCs showing up in Rohan, Gondor, etc. may be added as needed if the plot allows.

Sound like fun? Post in here, or PM me to join! Character profiles and other questions can be PM'd to me as well.
Far over the Misty Mountains cold, to dungeons deep and caverns old. We must away ere break of day, to claim our long forgotten gold.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
I will be a female Dunedain Ranger going to Rohan when she sees Isengard. She follows the Uruks and is captured on the third day of Merry and Pippin's capture. I will post a character profile soon.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I will play as Pippin. I like this thread's idea, and will eagerly await the thread post. The title is also fine, I like it a lot.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Ireth_Telrunya
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks, Maxie! I'm not too sure about the title; the idea changed while I was writing it out, so it's not exactly fitting, IMO. It'll do if I can't think of anything better, though.
Far over the Misty Mountains cold, to dungeons deep and caverns old. We must away ere break of day, to claim our long forgotten gold.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
It is still a fitting title-this is not a thread that sticks to the norm, in a good way, what with the use of Orcs as major characters. So it is a Different View.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Ireth_Telrunya
Council Member
Send Message
True! ^^
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
When will you be opening the thread?
Ireth_Telrunya
Council Member
Send Message
I was considering waiting until I've got a few more participants -- so far there's just you and Cenor. On the other hand, opening it sooner would give more exposure and hopefully draw more attention. What do you think?
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
I say open it!
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, I agree with Cenor-the more activity people see, the better chance that they will join.
Ireth_Telrunya
Council Member
Send Message
What are your thoughts on letting people play multiple characters (not more than 2 or 3, tops)? Since we've got 8/9 of the Fellowship to deal with so far, as well as original characters, it might help the action move a little faster.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Here I am!

Randis (Cenor)
Race: Dunedain
Height: 5" 6"
Family: Raised by uncle when her father went missing on a mission and her mother died of grief. Her uncle, not knowing how to raise girls (or children for that matter) raised her as a Dunedain man.
Animals: none
Weapons: Dunedain sword, bow, and daggers

Personality: Cheerful in the worst of times. Stubborn never giving up on someone even if it means death.

Appearance: Lively green eyes and short wavy brown hair. Wears the usually Dunedain clothing along with weapons.

History:
Uncle took her in and raised her after father went missing and mother died of grief. Her uncle trained her as a Dunedain and soon she was wandering Middle Earth. For the first few years she wandered with her uncle but for the past five years she has traveled alone. She is journeying to Rohan where she hears there is trouble.
Ireth_Telrunya
Council Member
Send Message
Here's me!

Name: Morshak (Ireth)
Race: Orc
Alliance: none

Height: 6 ft.
Build: Lean and sinewy
Appearance: Green complexion, red eyes, black hair in messy dreadlocks. Wears a tunic and breeches with a leather jerkin under her armor.
Weapons: Spear and dagger

Personality: Gruff and unfriendly, self-centered
History: Morshak doesn't remember where she came from; she doesn't care to think about the past, saying it's a waste of time. Unsatisfied with the prospect of raising a family, she instead trained as a warrior, specializing in the spear. Since her tribe was slaughtered, she has lived a nomadic life, wandering across Middle-earth and taking what peace she can get. She avoids Mordor and Isengard, not wanting to be caught up with orcs serving Sauron or Saruman. Sadly, her efforts have recently proven vain.

[Edited on 08/09/2014 by Ireth_Telrunya]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I wouldn't mind playing two characters- I would post seperately to get rid of confusion. How about Boromir? I wouldn't mind taking him on as a second character.
Ireth_Telrunya
Council Member
Send Message
Aah, I was going to play Boromir! XD S'okay, you can have him. I'll pick someone else. ^^ Maybe Merry, or Sam... dunno if I can tackle Aragorn.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Its OK! You can have him! I will tackle Aragorn, then. I already put some diolauge in for him when I just posted.
Ireth_Telrunya
Council Member
Send Message
Hm. This is veering further from book-canon territory than I'd expected. Not that that's a bad thing! I'm just not sure what to do now, considering what becomes of Boromir in the book, especially with regards to Frodo and the Ring. :/
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Maybe Boromir can just...disapeer? But that may be too far from canon, and you may not want to go there.
Ireth_Telrunya
Council Member
Send Message
True, I don't. I'll run with it for now. Change might be a good thing.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
If we keep Boromir he might prevent his father's madness or not he even might give Gondor to Aragorn in the end. I don't know.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I am sorry to be posting this, but I will need to drop out of this RP. I feel like my thoughts are not flowing at all, and I cannot post without consulting one of you for clear up of confusion. I look forward to RPing with the two of you in other threads.

I will be deleting my posts in two days time.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Bye Maxie

Ireth you might have to change your mind about only three to four characters...
Ireth_Telrunya
Council Member
Send Message
Sorry to hear that, Maxie, but I understand why. Good luck with your other RPs!

@Cenor: yeah, it seems that way. At least as long as it's just the two of us.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Posted! Your turn Ireth.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email