Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Post Classical Music Fans
on: January 08, 2015 08:33
So I'm a huge fan of classical music, and was wondering if there were any more us of dotted around CoE!

I myself favour mainly Mozart's work (he's the main reason I learned to play the violin), Tchaikovsky, Vivaldi, Beethoven... And many more! Just about most classical pieces work for me.

My favourite piece is probably 'Notte e giorno faticar' from Mozart's 'Don Giovanni', or 'Waltz of the Flowers' in Tchaikovsky's 'Nutcracker'. But I could name so many, but these are the two that stand out most.

How about everyone else? Any favourite pieces?
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
I love classical! I haven't listened to it much recently because we now have Spotify and have a broader music selection to choose from. But I do still like my classical. I just want to dance along when I hear it. Especially Tchaikovsky. His pieces are wonderful! Vivaldi's Rain is another favorite of mine.

Ah, so many wonderful pieces!
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
I play classical music every day!

I really like Vivaldi's A minor concerto and Four Seasons I wish they were piano pieces.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
MeliaStormcrow
Council Member
Send Message
I don't listen that often, but I like Mozart. Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker is my holiday music.
"The King beneath the mountains, The King of carven stone, The lord of silver fountains Shall come into his own! His crown shall be upholden, His harp shall be restrung, His halls shall echo golden To songs of yore re-sung. The woods shall wave on mountains And grass beneath the sun; His wealth shall flow in fountains And the rivers golden run. The streams shall run in gladness, The lakes shall shine and burn, All sorrow fail and sadness At the Mountain-king's return!"
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Anybody else enjoy Elgar? When I was younger my tutor group was called Elgar after the composer, so I ended up listening to him. Some of his stuff is great.
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Greetings!

I myself am a very big classical music fan. I would listen to it more often if it didn't annoy my younger sister...

I love many of the composers that have already been mentioned, along with George Handel.

I'm not sure that I know who Elgar is. What are some of your favorites by him, ItarildeSirfalas?
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Oh how did I forget Handel?!

Also some of my preferred pieces of mine by Elgar are:
Serenade for Strings
Pomp and Circumstance
The Black Knight

Hope you enjoy! He's probably a little more modern than some you're used to, though.

Also, call me Ildë

[Edited on 01/10/2015 by ItarildeSirfalas]
Image Image
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I am a violinist, so I play classical music A LOT. And I LOVE IT. I am a huge fan of Bach, Vivaldi, and Grieg. I am auditioning for Erie County Orchestra with Vivaldi's Autumn and for New York State symphony Orchestra with Grieg's Praelude and Sarabonde.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Well, I know what Pomp and Circumstance is, obviously. I just didn't know who had composed it. I'll have to see if I can find those on Spotify or YouTube or something...

That would be so awesome if you get those, Maxie. Hope you do.

Alright. You can call me Mareth or Mar.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Good luck Maxie! Brilliant choices too My own violin practice-time has dwindled due to university, so I'm not as good as I was a few years ago, but I still make time to play for at least an hour every two days
Image Image
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I practice about an hour everyday to prepare. I have until the end of this month for All County, so I am more concerned about that than State.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I wish I had the time to practice that often! I'm so jealous!
Image Image
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I always try to find time. Its hard sometimes.

I have a piece for you all to listen to. It is called "Requiem for the Living." 40 minutes long. I think the composers' first name is David?? It is not classical, but incredible. We played it at our basilica concert last year as our major work.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I really enjoyed that piece after I managed to find it, Maxie! Thanks for sharing
Image Image
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Your welcome! The second movement is my favorite, that and the fourth.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Same! I did enjoy them the most
Image Image
elfmaiden77
Council Member
Send Message
I play a loooot of classical on the piano. My favorite to play is Chopin, and i love listening to his works. a Genius!!
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Ah Chopin, I haven't listened to his works in a long time! Seems I need to dust off that side of my iTunes
Image Image
elfmaiden77
Council Member
Send Message
yes, for he is amazing. btw, send a good luck wish to me for I am going to be performing the Valse in Eb by Aug. Durand this Saturday for a competition! I could use all the luck I can get...... If you have never heard of this song (its not very popular) I would definitely recommend looking it up. He is an excellent classical composer, and I really enjoy his music.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Classical music fans, I have finally cracked playing 'Eine Kleine Nachtmusik K.525' on the violin! it is a proud moment for me, as this symphony was one of the reasons I even wanted to pick up a violin way back when!

It may have taken me 12 years to get there (due to lack of time to practice and years on and off), but I've finally fulfilled a lifetime want
Image Image
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Conrats, Ilde! That is a beautiful peice!

Unfortunatly, I did not make it into All County. States are coming up, though!

I also have a concert today...we are playing Vivaldi's Concerto in D Minor and Tcaicovsky's (pardon the spelling) 1812 Overture.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Ah Maxie, such beautiful pieces to play! I'm hoping my university has an amateur orchestra I can try out. It'd be nice to be in that environment... If my time allows it!

I want to try and play something from Bizet's 'Carmen' next it's my favourite opera next to Mozart's 'Don Giovanni'

Good luck for States!
Image Image
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email