Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Post Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell
on: May 17, 2015 07:21
Forgive me if appear a little previous, but I predict that this thread will be needed presently.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I'm tempted to watch this, but I'm waiting for someone else to tell me if it's worth watching. It keeps popping up as recommneded for me on my BBC iPlayer app!
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
I didn't really enjoy the book so I was a bit tentative, but I've been pleasantly surprised. It's a really good production and I'm especially pleased to see Eddie Marsan in a lead role for once, he's such a good actor. Well worth a try, and I expect it will be on over the pond some time soon.
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
My aunt has told me I should watch this, so I'll start now!
"Tears unnumbered ye shall shed; and the Valar will fence Valinor against you, and shut you out, so that not even the echo of your lamentation shall pass over the mountains." ~ The Doom of Mandos
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Well, I'm in the UK, so I'll be putting this onto iPlayer Downloads list then, seeing as it's been recommended
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email