Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
Post Birthday Presents!
on: August 09, 2015 03:38
I am making a list of possible birthday presents for myself, that I can dish out to family for them to hopefully buy me, and I need some Tolkien themed suggestions. On terms of the book side I have my eyes set on a Folio Society Silmarillion, but I wanted some inspiration about other Tolkien things: for example I have heard of a LOTR monopoly which sounds cool. Any suggestions?
"Tears unnumbered ye shall shed; and the Valar will fence Valinor against you, and shut you out, so that not even the echo of your lamentation shall pass over the mountains." ~ The Doom of Mandos
Person_with_a_cool_name
Council Member
Send Message
I only found a chess game (but I think there is more than one...) which could be good- my opinion...- when you don´t want one of the percived 1000 video games. http://www.amazon.com/The-Lord-Rings-Collectors-Chess/dp/B0024USUH4

Another idea would be decoration in middle age or - earth style, there are very nice things avaible all over the world (and in internet shops )
And I think you could look throught the shop on CoE for ideas, even if you can´t get this article in your country, you could search for similar items.

~Cool_Name~
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I have several LotR games including Monopoly. There is also a LotR Trivial Pursuit and Risk but I have not seen them in regular stores in a long time. We have comic book stores here that have them.

How about a sword? United Cutlery makes the official reproductions of them. I don't know where they can be bought.

Do you like jewelry? The Ring of Barahir is really cool.

Do a little online research and see where these items are for sale.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
Good ideas! I like the chess set although the ones I saw didn't match my interpretations of who should be a queen and who should be a knight kind of thing. I will try to find trivial pursuit if I can, and the sword replica is a great idea as well, I shall have a look.
"Tears unnumbered ye shall shed; and the Valar will fence Valinor against you, and shut you out, so that not even the echo of your lamentation shall pass over the mountains." ~ The Doom of Mandos
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
You can also look at Badali Jewelry, who does beautiful and very wearable rings and necklaces. They are not cheap, but well worth it. I wear a "male" Nenya (it's stone is set deeper than the women's because I am a nurse and have to wear gloves), but also have the Narya and Vilya in sterling silver. They don't tarnish and are beautifully made.
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
Hmm I'm not sure about jewelry mostly because you can't read or play it , but I will have a look. If they are really nice then I might get one (depending on cost)
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Ah, you are looking for toys. I do not think action figure sets are available at stores anymore. I have a really great set of Arwen, Asfoloth, and Frodo. The Evenstar lights up and the horse's legs move. Check eBay maybe.

How about Lego's? There are some really great Lego sets of LotR. I was surprised when I was at the Lego store and saw them. Very very detailed. And so easy to make. Do you have any?
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
flyingarrow
Council Member
Send Message
Amazon has a huge store of action figures, just recently I got " the mirkwood hero pack" and saw a "helms deep" that included halide and a orc

"I am burdened with glorious purpose"

Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email