Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
lady_emilie
Council Member
Send Message
Post Fellowship of the ring with live music
on: August 30, 2015 01:25
Hey all! If anyone's in France/Switzerland in September, there's a silent viewing of FOTR in Geneva (the Victoria Hall I think) WITH LIVE MUSIC . Wish I could go but I'm out of the country
Fool of a Took!
Person_with_a_cool_name
Council Member
Send Message
That sounds pretty interesting- if I could, I would go there... I haven't heard of something like that until now, are/were there similar things? Does anyone know this?
~Cool_Name~
lady_emilie
Council Member
Send Message
I heard of a few in the US conducted by the great Howard Shore himself (!!!) but they were a while ago I think… I've heard of it being done with other films as well, though I don't know how common they are.
Fool of a Took!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I was at a live performance in the States of the Cleveland Symphony Orchestra conducted by Howard Shore himself about 10 years ago. It was magnificent! There was a huge screen that flashed pictures of the movie scenes and lighting was used to capture the essence of the films. Red was used for Mordor and Isengard.

After the performance, I was lucky enough to be in a small group that was taken to a room where we met the man in person! He signed autographs and took a little time with each one of us. I have a CD of the performance that he signed on the front cover and also autographed the inside booklet.

I only remember thanking him for making Lord of the Rings come alive with his music and then I said, "Namarie."

It was a truly wonderful experience.

Image Image

[Edited on 09/03/2015 by Lindarielwen]
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
lady_emilie
Council Member
Send Message
Wow that sounds amazing, you're so lucky to have met him! I'm so jealous haha, I love the soundtrack so much ❤
Fool of a Took!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, I love the music as well. I like how you can tell what is happening in the movie just by listening to the music.

Do you play an instrument?
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
lady_emilie
Council Member
Send Message
I know right! The soundtrack is so well written!

I'm a violinist, singer, and beginner pianist and singer. I'm hoping to be a professional violinist, partly fueled by my love of film music in general. You?
Fool of a Took!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Look up Lindsey Stirling. She will amaze you with her talent with the violin. (Youtube, maybe) But by all means, look her up.

I always say I play the tambourine quite well. My piano lives 1,200 miles away in Ohio so I no longer play. It is my favourite instrument.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email