Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Post David Bowie 8 January 1947 – 10 January 2016
on: January 11, 2016 07:03
Rest in Peace David. You were a great musician and will always be remembered as Ziggy Stardust.
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
Also as The Goblin King. Amazing person and poorly understood or taken seriously.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
I must confess I know very little of all he did. I do remember an awesome movie performance in "Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence", a 1983 British-Japanese film about a Japanese POW camp in WWII.
But at least his "Let's Dance" of the 1980s was one of the relatively few gems in a decade that I consider to be a musical desert. Very much an artist to be missed.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I for one, appreciated his music and his very unique style.

I forgot about that movie, Gando. It was very well done.

When I think of a movie though, my thoughts turn to Labyrinth where he played Jareth the Goblin King.

I have been watching and listening to his songs on YouTube for the last few days and he was quite an entertainer. I like his *China Girl*

I will miss his style and his music but his new album was just released on January 8 and there is a song called Lazarus about a man rising from the dead.

I think I will go put on my red shoes and dance the blues.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I've been a big fan of David Bowie for a very long time, (I always loved the fact he shared his birthdate with my dad - also a fan), and when I heard the news of his passing I was (and still am) very upset. Part of my daily routine for nearly 2 years has been listening to Bowie on my iPod/phone while I get ready for the day, but also my alarm to wake me up has been either "Modern Love", "Rebel, Rebel", or "Moonage Daydream". My third favourite song also happens to be "Life on Mars?".

Like Lindarielwen, my thoughts always turn to 'Labyrinth' with regards to his movies, though I have enjoyed his other acting pursuits.

He's always been an influential personality, from his music to his ever-changing style - he never fit a stereotype and refused to conform. He was strong throughout his life, despite some critics, and rose as a well-loved star in many people's hearts.

I'm sad that I will now never meet him or attend one of his concerts, but at least now he has gone home to the stars and is no longer suffering My thoughts are with his family and close friends. RIP David 10-01-2016
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
"Gentleness clears the soul, love will clean the mind and make you free"

Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email