Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
sofia
Council Member
Send Message
Post 12" Galadriel doll
on: April 15, 2003 03:36
Does anyone have one? I have seen two 12" Galadriel dolls - one had a very flat face and one - I think it's the one from Toy Biz - looked incredibly like Galadriel in the movie. Does anyone know who sells the latter, or how much it tends to cost? I do not deny that I have greatly desired this thing...
highlandergirl
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: 12" Galadriel doll
on: April 15, 2003 04:01
I have two, one for my daughter and one for me . It is beautiful, but her head is very wobbly. (all of them were..even the one we got my niece.) Mine's in the box. My daughter took the dress off of her's and it's impossible to fix exactly right again..looks droopy and ackward. I don't recommend doing this I got them at Toys R us for $22.00.
sofia
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2003 05:18
I just did some looking around on the Internet... the Galadriel with a bizarre face is in a green box with a ring on it. The other one... I don't know what kind of box. It's possible they're the same doll, just from different angles, but they certainly don't look like the same doll.

Here's the Galadriel who looks like Galadriel to me:

http://www.marvel.com/toybiz/lotr/fellowship/breakdown.htm?asst_no=81100

Here's the one who threw me for a loop:

http://www.pixymusic.com/Pixies-N-Playsets/Lord_of_the_Rings/Collector_Series/collector_series.html (not the best picture, but all I could find)

Are they in fact the same doll? :dizzy:

[Edited on 16/4/2003 by sofia]
highlandergirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2003 07:42
Uhhh...I, Highlandergirl, A.K.A. Dufus Extraordinare, was talking about the Eowyn doll, that's the wobbly headed one I was ranting about! I also have Galadriel, daughter does too. She is nice looking, but doesn't look quite like Cate..(although much nicer than Arwen.) They're the same doll, I think..there's only the one that I've ever seen.. but you're right..the second picture seems to have a better face. I have noticed that if you look closely to compare the dolls in the store, the faces do vary ever so slightly.
I got mine at KB toys on clearance for $12.00!

[Edited on 16/4/2003 by highlandergirl]
TheLadyArwen
Gallery Shirriff
Send Message
on: April 17, 2003 07:48
That's the exact same doll, Sofia. She really is very pretty! I got mine for $12 too at KB toys.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email