Register

Author Topic:
Parmadur
The Happy Pariah
Send Message
Post CoE Store - a few things you should know
on: April 17, 2003 07:47
Hi everyone.

I've received several modification requests from people lately and decided it'd be a good idea to get a few of the questions that have been asked taken care of here, where everyone can see.

Issue #1:
I do not have control over the prices. If you think that a product isn't worth the money it's being sold for, then you should consider contacting the affiliate who's selling the product (ie: Amazon, Tolkien Town, Allposters, etc) and request that the price is lowered.

Issue #2:
I do not make the jewelry or any other item offered in the store. There was a request recently which asked if I could make one of the items in pewter. These products are sold through store affiliates and I have no hand in what they're made from or how they're designed. Although I'd like it if I were talented enough to make such wonderful products, I'm not.

Issue #3:
I devote more than a little of my own free time to updating and maintaining the CoE Store. Because of this, I must ask that you don't insult or belittle anything of the products that are currently being offered. If you don't like something, don't buy it. It's as simple as that. There's nothing that I can do about the product, nor am I going to consider even attempting to help you out if you send me a negative message and insult my hard work, as well as our affiliates'.

All PMs and modification request messages written in this form will be ignored.

That's all for now. Thank you.
HobbitFriend
Maps student, site patron and supporter
Send Message
Post RE: CoE Store - a few things you should know
on: April 19, 2003 05:48
You go, girl! You have done/are doing a fabulous job!
~GrimaAragornLegolas~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2003 01:13
Just a question regarding prices-
Are the prices presented through the affiliates of this store the same prices that are offered everwhere else? Or are they below or above average prices for the products?
For example, if i were considering buying a sword, would this be the place to buy it through?

Btw: You're doing a great job Parmadur, thanks.
Envinyatare
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2003 11:53
For example, if i were considering buying a sword, would this be the place to buy it through?

I'd say yes, because wouldn't purchasing something through the store contribute to the fund to maintain the site??
Parmadur
The Happy Pariah
Send Message
on: May 09, 2003 09:14
Well, that's a silly question if I've ever read one. Of course this is the best place to buy a sword!

Seriously, though, we do business with one of the best weaponry affiliates out there - Medieval Weapon Art - and they offer the exact same display swords with the same certificates of authenticity as those other sites, but at much, much more affordable prices.

Trust me, if there were a better deal out there that I were aware of, I'd be all over it, but this is the best I've found and it's only the best for our members.

But, keep in mind that the swords we sell in our store are for display only. The only functional weaponry you'll find in our store are bows.

And yes, for every item bought through the links in our store, CoE receives a percentage of the purchase, which goes straight to the Keep CoE Running fund.

[Edited on 5/10/03 by Parmadur]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email