Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
TheLadyArwen
Gallery Shirriff
Send Message
Post Action Figure fix ups
on: April 26, 2003 03:23
I'm having troubles. My Elrond action figure has a black spot on his nose (from the paint coming off) and his eyebrows are slowly disapearing. :cry: Does anyone here know of any special paints or anything that would fix him up? Something that won't peel when I put it on? I was thinking of maybe trying nail polish, but I'm afraid that it may come off and take more paint with it. Please help!
Rik
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Action Figure fix ups
on: April 27, 2003 02:45
I can only suggest paint for the eyebrows, mine ar foing the same.
For the paint scratches, put some foundation on the black bits, leave it on the window for a few days for it to go solid, then paint over it with clear nail polish. I use my sister's!
There'll be a bit of a shine, but it's better than a black spot.
If I had a pound for everytime I got a figure with a ad nose, I'd have £5!
Sam, Gandalf The White, Wormtongue, Aragorn and Frodo.

EDIT: I heard that Warhammer paints work well. I'm gonna try black because Boromir's joints are losing paint...:cry:

[Edited on 28/4/2003 by Rik]
TheLadyArwen
Gallery Shirriff
Send Message
on: April 28, 2003 07:43
So wait, let me see if I have this right. Just put the foundation on his nose and the cover it with clear nail polish? And it won't cause more paint to peel off? Because sometimes when you fix something like that, it ends up worse. And let me know how the Warhammer paint works.

All my other action figures are fine, it's just Elrond that's giving me problems. Crazy elf lord...
Rik
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 29, 2003 09:30
That's what I did with mine.
It hasn't taken any paint off, but if you don't want to risk it, then you're best using paint.
I haven't tried Elrond yet because his nose is fine(knock on wood!) but he is shedding his eyebrows and hair.
TheLadyArwen
Gallery Shirriff
Send Message
on: April 30, 2003 07:20
I'll try it, but if it doesn't work, I'll just use paint.

Thank you SO MUCH for your help Rik! :love:
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email