Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Rik
Council Member
Send Message
Post Helm's Deep Gimli is back on
on: April 29, 2003 09:34
Well, later on in Series 4, they're putting out Gimli.
From www.action-figure.com:

"Wondered what has happened to Gimli in Lord of the Rings The Two Towers Series 4? We spoke to ToyBiz to find out what's happening...

As we reported earlier this month, all trace of Gimli being part of Series 4 seems to have disappeared, yet he still appears on Wave 4 packaging.

So we went to ToyBiz to find out exactly what is happening with this figure. We asked about his availability and were told that "Gimli will be part of this assortment". Now we're reading between the lines here, and ToyBiz did not really elaborate here, but we'd take this to mean that later assortments of Wave 4 will have Gimli as part of the assortment.

ToyBiz told me that he is weighted fairly low, but not low enough to be considered a chase figure, so again reading between the lines, I don't expect that he'll be flooding the aisles, but at the same time, he's not going to be impossible to find. My take on it, and it is JUST my take (ToyBiz does not elaborate on case assortments), is that I think we're talking on the scale of Galadriel, rather than on the scale of Twilight Frodo

I did ask whether he's a new sculpt or exactly the same sculpt from the two pack, and ToyBiz didn't elaborate on this. I wouldn't read anything into this at all, I guess we'll just have to wait until someone finds the figure to find out if there are any changes major or minor."
I might buy this if there are any changes. I only have the helmetless Gimli. I might wait and see if this has any new accessory or articulation, if the figure in the 5-Pack is the same, I'll pass. If not, I'll buy it.
Erhithiel
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Helm's Deep Gimli is back on
on: April 30, 2003 07:38
I have already pre-ordered the Helms Deep gift pack...so will be content with the Gimli from there....Also, there is going to be a ROTK large (12 inch to scale) figure coming out in the Fall 03 ... (with a Aragorn and Legolas too...) ... so much more Gimli to look forward to
Ruiner
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Helm's Deep Gimli is back on
on: April 30, 2003 08:14
I'm really looking forward to buying the Helms Deep Gimli.
Where can you reserve the packs?

I didn't really like how the Gimli from the Fellowship series looked. The Two Towers toys are far better.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email