Register

Author Topic:
Becki
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post "Friends" discussion
on: May 02, 2003 11:28
Hi,
If your reading this, there's a good chance your a fan of the best show ever, 'FRIENDS!'

I'm a HUGE fan of the show, and i'm just wondering what your answer to these questions are.

1. Okay, do you think Friends should go on forever,(yes I know it's impossible!)

2. When M&C have a baby, I mean, they just have to, what do think they should called it. Me? I think this:

Boy: Daniel, Dan for short(watch T.O.W. Rachel gives birth, i think it's somthing like that!, and you'll understand!)
Girl: Either Jamie, or James for short(I love that name!), or Jennifer, with Jennie for short,(I think Jennifer really goes with Bing.)

3. Finally, do you think Phoebe and Joey should get together? I SO think so. They're both perfect for each other!

Anyway, please answer these questions!

~Becki

[Edited on 18/5/2003 by k]

[Edited on 6/11/2003 by k]
AEvenstar
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: "Friends" discussion
on: May 02, 2003 11:37
Yay!!!
They should call it Daniella!!
Niennafefalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 03, 2003 09:47
i agree with your names Jenifer does go with bing, i think Pheobe and Joey together wuld be really good for the comedy, because theyre both crazy !
Dawn-maiden
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2003 08:47
I'm sorry, Becki, but I don't agree with you at all - I don't want Friends to go on forever and I hope Phoebe and Joey won't be together. I even wish Monica and Chandler were not together. I liked the show best in the beginning, when they were all single. It was so much funnier then.
Areleniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2003 06:38
I've always been a big fan of the show, but sorry, this season has really disappointed me. A couple seasons ago if you asked me if I wanted it to go on forever I would say "yeah of course!" but now to me it doesn't seem as funny as it used to be. As for Friends relationships I hope Joey and Phoebe do NOT get together, frankly I will scream if the show ends with all 6 of them paired up with each other. I could be wrong but I think the way they have kept and keep dragging out this Rachel/Ross related stuff off and on throughout the years I think they're going to end up being a couple by the end of the show if not totally married which would leave Joey and Phoebe and if they wanted to end it with all of them paired up they easily could. Tthere is little hint of Phoebe and Joey getting together at this time though I guess but that could also be because it would be more of a surprise should it happen. But with how long they dragged on Rachel/Ross stuff it seems they do want them together. I think the show and all that has just gotten pretty stale for me. I still watch Friends though and get some laughs out of it, just not as much as I did a couple of seasons ago. That's just my opinion.

[Edited on 5/6/03 by Areleniel]
k
Cavegirl
Send Message
on: May 05, 2003 06:38
i agree dawn maiden. when friends was first out i used to make an effort to watch them all and when i wasnt going to be able to i would video it. but its beginning to loose some of its magic... i dont know if its just that the jokes are getting predictable now or what. but i no longer make an effort to watch it.. i do enjoy it when its on though.

whats your favourite episodes or friends moments then guys?
Becki
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 06, 2003 04:09
Okay, maybe I was a bit over the top to say forever, but I think Friends is a really good show, even if it is starting to drop a little! I think it'll just be hard when I think there'll be no more new Friends:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

And k, my answers are, T.O.W. no-one's ready and T.O.W. Chandler in the Box. I also like the part in T.O.W. the Baby on the bus, when Joey and Chandler are trying to figure out which baby's Ben, and the part in T.O.W.the Holiday Armadillo where Ben and Ross are talking about Christmas, and when Joey comes in as Superman, I just think Ben's so cute, and Emma is as well!
~Becki
Dawn-maiden
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2003 07:12
Yes, the holiday Armadillo was funny!
My favourite is the one when they were telling stories about the worst Thanksgiving each one of them ever had, and Phoebe's was in her previous life, when she was a nurse in the Civil War.
Areleniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2003 09:12
One I can think of right now I really liked was I believe the one entitled T.O.W. Underdog Gets Away, one of the older Thanksgiving ones where all the Friends were planning stuff to do for Thanksgiving except Chandler but then they all got stuck together and had grilled cheese sandwiches 'cause the Thanksgiving dinner burnt. "I'm thankful all your thanksgivings sucked." -Chandler

I also loved the Holiday Armadillo one
Becki
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 16, 2003 05:09
Okay, new question.

Me and my mate who both love Friends were talking about what should happen at the end of Friends. I think it should end with either a marriage or a birth. What do you think?

~Becki
Aowyn
Resident Shieldmaiden
Send Message
on: May 16, 2003 02:06
Well looks like Joey and Rachel may be an item now
Veaglarwen
Tech Admin & Co-Themer
Send Message
on: May 17, 2003 12:57
I AM a huge friend's fan. That's about all tha ti can say though! lol I do think they should go on forever....and I've never really been much into pheobe and joey hooking up. they should find someone else who are both perfect for each other. I have no idea on the names....i'd just say the names i want to name my kids, but then i think there's a thread for that somewhere..hehe.
Becki
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 18, 2003 07:02
okay, I haven't seen a thread for kids names, so i'm gonna start one up in the Prancing Pony!

See ya there!

~Becki
sweetchick200
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 26, 2003 10:01
Yup, huge friends fan! (as you know Becki!) Its such a depressing year for all us fans! I mean, its the very last LotR and the very last season of friends! whatever will we do with ourselves? hehe! Yes i think it should go on forever and phoebe and joey should deffinately get together! It should just end happily! I agree with the names you chose, they're cute!
Arokh
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2003 02:14
I love friends I remember not too long ago one of my friends was comparing people to friends caracters. He said that I was a lot like Phoebe, exept I'm not blond and I don't play a guitar and sing 'Smelly Cat', but I might do that in the future
LadyLeah
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2003 10:07
In reponse to you questions, Becki:

1.) A much as I love the show, I don't think "Friends" should go on forever. They would only run out of good plots.

2.) I like your names. (And yes, I have seen that episode.)

3.) Yes, I think so. They are perfect for each other. I'm a lot like Phoebe too--quirky and unpredictable (not to mention I'm blonde and I sing and play guitar).
InsaneSorcerousOfFangorn
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 02, 2003 05:27
BTW who's everyones fave character?

My favourite is Monica!!!

'Bout the rest of yall?
pixiemeat
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 05, 2003 04:32
My favourite person is definitely Phoebe - her songs are hilarious
InsaneSorcerousOfFangorn
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 05, 2003 05:28
I have all of her lyrics!!!! Theres also this website that gives you the lyrics and the cords so you can play it on you guitar!
I can pm them to people if they'd like.........
Elenisil
Wielder of Lijworld
Send Message
on: November 05, 2003 01:59
Hey "friends" *says a skinny elf-like figure entering the coffee house*

Is this also a discussion thread on the events of the 10th (or prior) season(s)? Or this should be a opnion-only, no-plot mentioned thread?

*sits down, sipping her coffee, and starting suspiciously at a three-time divorced guy talking about dinossaurs who is sitting opposite her*

InsaneSorcerousOfFangorn
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 05, 2003 02:09
I think it should be anything about "friends" since the title
"Callin All Friends Fans" didn't have a specific question or topic except Friends!

Chelsea
k
Cavegirl
Send Message
on: November 06, 2003 02:43
there.. hows that for a title

Elenisil
Wielder of Lijworld
Send Message
on: November 06, 2003 12:51
*chokes at her own excitement*

So, what are you expectations about the 10th season? I must confess I cried in the second episode (the one where ross is fine)... and mind you... I didn´t cry as a result from too much laughing...

That scene when Joey and Ross are talking really got to me and made me think that it wouldn´t be quite fair if he and Rachel don´t end up together... not fair for him anyway...
InsaneSorcerousOfFangorn
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 09, 2003 03:56
Hmm...this is probably a really weird question but does anyone wanna start a website about Friends or Just a certain friend or a couple.....well? I have some pics already and have found a few REALLY good websites. We could include scripts and bios and a section for Phoebe's songs! I also found a website that included the cords to Phoebe's songs, I'd have to find the website again...........

Well? Anybody? Please pm me.
pixiemeat
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 16, 2003 02:37
I have all of her lyrics!!!! Theres also this website that gives you the lyrics and the cords so you can play it on you guitar!
I can pm them to people if they'd like.........

tabs?
Could you please pm me the link? -that would be great
Tinúmelë
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 14, 2003 03:34
Friends is my favourite TV programme. The episode I love most is the thanksgiving one in series 8 that guest stars Brad Pitt. The whole 'I hate Rachel Green club' is hilarious.

The 10th season doesn't come to the UK until January, but I was somewhat concerned about the end of series 9. Although I felt sorry for Joey in series 8 being in love with Rachel and her not feeling the same way...I didn't really want them to get together. I am definitely a Rachel-Ross fan. Those two are MEANT to be together. It would be wonderful if series 10 ended with them becoming an item. For good.
ElwingCalaelen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2004 07:18
God, I missed that one All my friends told me it was hilarious! Anyway, I think Friends is amazing, but I agree with Dawn Maiden, the show is losing it's sparkle. I guess all the touchy-feely emotion is messing up the whole "look-at-the-funnier-side-of-things" attitude. Still, I really think it's the best sitcom on t.v. (I love Chandler's vicious sense of humour)
flyelven
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2004 01:15
I really dont know what i want to happen or what should happen. im happy with whatever. i dont kno what im gonna do once it ends! i think chandler is soooo funny. he's got such a weird sense of humour! but its awesome. the episode with brad pittt :heart: yuummmmm he was lookin pretttttyyy good! haha aww chandler "i think it would be better for my ego if i just stayed here" fun times! haha
Gilwen_the_Sorceress
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2004 02:37
I used to be a huge fan of "Friends" but now du not know what have they done with those relationship Anyway it´s a nice tv show
Aragorns-Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2004 01:43
I wish it would....

I like the names Isabel and Adam.

It would be funny if Joey and Phoebe got paired, but CHAOS!!!!!!
Lady_Elwing
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2004 11:05
Well...Matthew's hot. lol. I'm SO sad its ending!!
Elenisil
Wielder of Lijworld
Send Message
on: February 13, 2004 03:43
mmm.... have you ever found yourself making the same fgunny noises chandler does? cos I have done quite lot of that lately :dizzy:

Anyway, I wanted to ask... which is the most recent episode broadcasted in the US? I got as far as to the 10th one (where chandler gets caught) but then nothing new shoed up in the internet and Warner is not broadcasting anything here either...
Eressëa
Melkor's Apprentice
Send Message
on: February 19, 2004 11:25
It's so unfair you get to see the 10th Season already, I live in Denmark, and there's no chance the Season will be broadcast here until next year or after September (*sighs*)
I don't like the idea of Friends being at its final end, but it has lost some of its glamour and it is also time for the friends to grow up. Haven't thought of names really. And Joey and Phoebe being together -NO!!!! There has been enough coupling already, although on my WEAK days I tend to change my mind and wish that they'd all join up in happy couples:blush: I also think Phoebe has found quite a good match in Mike, though David would also have been a nice pick
Fave Character, definently Rach, though I love Phoebe as well, but somehow the first has always had a great impression on me. I don't know what I'll do if she and Ross don't hook up, they're just SO meant to be....
Fave episodes -there are so many!!!! I like the one with the invitations, and the one where they're in a house by the Beach and Rachel makes Ross' new girlfriend shave her head. Oh and I like the one where Rach gets drunk and call Ross speaking of closueres, and all of the episodes with Julie, yup the old ones are the best!!!!!!!
legolas_fan_forever
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2004 06:29
I love Friends!!!!!!! It's such a funny show! I'm so sad that this is the last season! Rachel is and always will be my fav. I hope she and Ross get together again!!!!! Pheobe is my 2nd fav, shes really funny and weird which I like!
kellymulder
CoE Volunteer & Seagull of Ulmo
Send Message
on: June 07, 2005 02:03
trucking the thread!

even though the seasons have ended I am sure we can still talk about friends! I love this serie, it always cheers my up. My favourite char is Phoebe, I love her songs. My all time favourite is definitely Smelly Cat *chuckles and sings the song* Smelly cat smelly cat, what are they feeding you?

okay, I will stop now
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email