Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Eowyn_Touched-By-Frost
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post Two Towers pster a fake?
on: May 19, 2003 02:09
I bought a Two Towers poster today, and now I am yunsure as to if it is authentic. It is the "theatrical poster", but it's not movie poster size. It does not have the credits or release date. It does have the correct LotR and New Line logos, though. And I compared it to a very large picture of the 'movie poster size' version, and it is identical. Can you pleaze tell me if this scaled-down version is authentic and supposed to be creditless? I have never bought a movie poster before.
Erhithiel
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Two Towers pster a fake?
on: May 22, 2003 01:17
Hi! I guess it depends on where you bought it and how much you spent. For instance, I usually pay about 15.00 USD + for a larger quality poster...or 3.95 USD at Wal-Mart for a basic fun poster...
It sounds like a "reprint", which means, you have a fun poster, but not the kind that might be in the theater.
Often, the posters you might buy in a discount store will be posters of just the characters, etc, but not the credits...etc
If you get your poster from New Line or a actual art/poster store, you can get a higher quality, but the price goes up.

Hope that helps a little bit

Either way, enjoy your poster. It will bring you good memories
Eowyn_Touched-By-Frost
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: Two Towers pster a fake?
on: May 22, 2003 03:17
Thanks, I am glad it's not a fake. I only paid $6.99 USD for it, and then $15 for a really nice frame. At least I can sayI have a poster. And I might try to find a TT teaser, one they had I really liked. Can you really get them at Wal-mart? I never thought to look there!
Also, got any clue as to when RotK teasers come out? I'd buy one for sure.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email