Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
ElenaTheWarrior
Journals Moderator
Send Message
Post Chainmaille:Custom made
on: July 13, 2003 04:41
Elena Here! With a message from my awesome amazing sister, Eithne ("enya").
I make historically acurate (even more so than the pieces used in FotR & TTT) chainmaille. I sell them mostly to fellow SCA (Society for Creative Anachrinism) people, who use them for fighting and events.
I am interested in selling my peices to anyone on this site, or anyone who knows anyone, who is intested in owning a high-quality, historically accurate peice of chainmaille, which you could use for Historic Re-enactments, display, or just for fun!

I make the following pieces:
Coif (hood)
Hauberk (shirt)
Bracelets (little bands that go around your arms for decoration)
Vambraces (fore-arm guards)
Mantel (Large collar, protects the shoulders)
Bikini (if you really want it)

The above items can be made one of two ways:
either in a lighter gauge, which is lighter and easier to wear, but not at all historically correct and will not hold up to real fighting. Items made with a lighter gauge are considerably cheaper.
Or
They can be made with heavier gauge. More durable, holds up to fighting, historically accurate. More expensive than lighter gauge, as it is more expensive and more difficult to make.
Or, for all you CoE millionares out there, if you want a much lighter alternative, you can have your order made from Aluminum. Which is lighter, easier to work with, and more expensive.

Price ranges:

Bracelts: $5.00

Everything Else:

Lighter Gauge: from $25-$120

Heavier Gauge: from $30-$150
(Prices subject to change, depending on size)

Anyone interested should contact me, Eithne, at [email protected]

(Note from EtW: In a few days, we'll have some pictures up. I'll post them either in my journal or the members gallery, I'll post back here when they're up. Thanks a ton, everybody!
...I always wonder what exactly I'm thanking for when I say that...Ah well! thanks anyway, if only for putting up with me and my canonical bablings)
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
Post RE: Chainmaille:Custom made
on: July 13, 2003 07:00
Truly awesome, my dear. Hmmm... Let me check with my moderator coworkers and see if there's somewhere else to put this so it doesn't get buried and is in the appropriate place. I'm sure we'll find it a good home.
Scothia
CoE Elder Sister
Send Message
on: July 14, 2003 01:50
Well, since you said that, Belle, I'm taking the liberty of moving it to Collectibles for the time being.

Whoooooosh.
Scothia
CoE Elder Sister
Send Message
on: July 14, 2003 11:24
Okay, EtW, I'm leaving this thread here for a day or two, but please repost the original in the new topped thread I made for selling and trading, all right? Just to keep things nice and organized? Thanks!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email