Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
ShyHobbit
Council Member
Send Message
Post Fellowship Boxed Set
on: August 01, 2003 08:23
I just put two of these on layaway today, one for my nephew, cause I know he'll want to take em out and play with them, and one for myself, to collect I couldn't believe I found this. It comes with all nine members of the fellowship, complete with swords,sheilds, etc., and a replica of the One Ring on a chain.

You might want to head to Walmart, that's where I picked these up and it's only $30 for the entire set, which isn't a bad deal at all!

Er, I do feel kinda greedy though. There were only two sets and I grabbed em both Couldn't pass it up, all we've been able to find are orcs, wraiths and the occasional Eomer and Theoden.
Scothia
CoE Elder Sister
Send Message
Post RE: Fellowship Boxed Set
on: August 01, 2003 04:18
You found this at Walmart? In the toy section? All I can say is--where the heck are my keys?
ShyHobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2003 05:19
Yep, Wallyworld. I was suprised myself. If I hadn't been looking for my nephew in there I woulda never found it. I'm suprised he didn't see it first, he's usually quite sharp on these things.

They'd just better take care of them, or they'll have an angry hobbit on their hands. Oh goodness, that reminds me, I think the lady put tape on the boxes! That's gonna mess em up...
Erhithiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2003 07:02
I was able to get mine online from KBtoys. It was said to have cloth cloaks but mine were plastic. Still it is such an excellent set. Has anyone actually pulled out the map or the ring on a chain yet? I am saving mine for the holidays as a gift for my son, so I have not actually seen these yet.

I don't think there is anything wrong with getting the two there. Hopefully that will tell the store manager there that its a Hot Item and they should stock more then two next time.

ShyHobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2003 03:39
Erhithiel, I probably won't be opening my set, and my nephew's set won't be touched till Christmas, either He already knows about it, but right now I'm the coolest aunt in the universe

I don't think any of their clothes are cloth, but he has the Eomer figure and despite it being plastic, it's pretty detailed for a toy.

And I really do hope Walmart takes a clue as to what is selling. The reason shevles are overflowing with Hulk and X-Men stuff is possibly because no one wants them! I can't wait for the flow of products sure to come in when RotK comes along. I'm anticipating an Elassar figure, as well as the Legolas on Arod that is rumored to be made
Scothia
CoE Elder Sister
Send Message
on: August 02, 2003 05:14
I'm such a bad collector...I just can't keep things in the boxes! When I get this set--and I will get it--it'll be out of the box and displayed in my "LotR shrine" which takes up a whole corner of my living room. I find creative things to do with boxes, too.
Scothia
CoE Elder Sister
Send Message
on: August 05, 2003 11:58
Our loval Walmart didn't have them, just a plastic Sting with sound F-X and some large figures that don't have very good faces. The quest continues.
ElvishMaiden
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2003 05:31
I got the set for Christmas from Santa Clause (and I know for a fact he got it at Wal-Mart). Mine cost about $50 Canadian but i still thought that was good i LOVE it. I also have singles of Legolas n Aragorn!

Have great fun on your quest!
tarkena
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 06, 2004 01:13
Ah this thread is old! Not fair. If I had of been a member then I would have asked for plane tickets to America, and $30 US for the boxed set. :cry::cry: Argh, the annoyance of being new!
tarkena
MirkwoodsArcher
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2004 06:36
I picked the Fellowship set not long ago and I was so excited to do so

Mine all had cloth cloaks though
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email