Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
CrystalGamgee
Council Member
Send Message
Post LOTR action figure role call...
on: September 23, 2003 03:09
I am just curious to know what LOTR action figures everyone has been able to get their hands on. I have quite an extensive collection of them ( and it really scares everyone a bit to see a seven foot high display case in my living room crawling with them ) Which ones seem to be your favorites and which ones did you really have a hard time finding? The list of the ones I own are listed below.

FOTR FIGURES

Aragorn, Sam, Frodo, Frodo & Sam with Elven Boat, Witch King Ringwraith, Merry & Pippin with Moria Orc, Traveling Bilbo (says FOTR on box but the box is red)

TTT FIGURES

Frodo with light up sting, Galadriel, Gollum, Sam, Elven Cloaked Frodo ( chaser figure ), 12" Bilbo figure

ROTK FIGURES

Frodo in Orc armor, Sam in Orc armor, Prologue Bilbo

PLAY ALONG FIGURES ( miniatures 3" tall )

Gollum figure, Rohan Soldiers 3 pack, Attack at Weathertop 3 pack, Twilight Ambush at Weathertop 3 pack ( convention exclusive ) Ringwraith 3 pack, Galdalf and Balrog playset ( very cool )

APPLAUSE

Treebeard, Frodo and Sam

my favorite is the 12" Bilbo figure and the hardest one for me to find was the FOTR Traveling Bilbo, after longing for it for some time I just happened to stumble on it a few months ago buried under a bunch of other figures at a local Super Wal-Mart

p.s. you can find a picture of the display at the URL below...
http://www.memoirsoftheshire.com/collection.jpg

[Edited on 24/9/2003 by CrystalGamgee]
Rik
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: LOTR action figure role call...
on: September 25, 2003 05:53
Wow! Nice set-up!
My life has been revolving around these for the past year or two, so here's mine(all open):

Fellowship Of The Ring:
Frodo, Legolas, Strider, Newborn Lurtz, Gandalf The Grey, Gimli, Orc Overseer, Sam, Aragorn(with bow), Elrond, Orc Warrior,Travelling Bilbo, Boromir vs. Lurtz, Merry, Pippin and Moria Orc, Samwise and Frodo with Elven Boat, Cave Troll

The Two Towers:
Legolas in Rohan Armour, Faramir, Easterling, Gandalf The White, Gondorian Ranger, Saruman The White, King Théoden, Grima Wormtongue, Rohirrim Soldier, Éomer, Frodo with Light Up Sting, Galadriel, Helm's Deep Aragorn, Twilight Witch King Ringwraith, Prologue Elven Warrior, Sam In Mordor, Gollum, Grishnákh, Ringwraith, Ugluk, Sauron of The Second Age, Aragorn on Brego, Helm's Deep Battle Set with Armoured Théoden, Helm's Deep Aragorn, Helm's Deep Legolas, Helm's Deep Gimli, and Exclusive Haldir

Return Of The King:
Super-Poseable Pelennor Fields Aragorn with Anduril, Super-Poseable Gollum(Smeagol face) with Crawling Action

My favourite is Boromir by far. I also love Haldir, Galadriel, Sauron and the Cave Troll.
Boromir vs. Lurtz was the toughest to find for me. I ended up forking out about £36 for it on Ebay last Christmas!

[Edited on 25/9/2003 by Rik]
Mirlomien
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 26, 2003 05:43
I don't have many, but here is what I do have:

FotR:
Bilbo

TTT:
Helms Deep Legolas (had two but gave one to my brother), Gandalf the White, Frodo with light up sting, Helms Depp Aragorn, another different Aragorn, Pippin and Merry, Sam (I think),...

My belongings are somewhat scattered among relatives at the moment, so I don't have my figures here.... I think I missed a few.
Eolynde
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 28, 2003 12:33
Wow! I am in awe of you, Rik! I am new to the collecting world, but I do have 4 figures so far and one on the way...

FOTR: Gandalf the Grey, but I am looking for a Boromir and Gimli too.

TTT: Legolas, a Twilight Ringwraith and a Prologue Elf Warrior.

ROTK: Aragorn in Gondor armor (which isn't out yet, I pre-ordered it.)

I tend to get the figures that are less popular/well known...the Twilight Ringwraith is by far the coolest, though! And all of mine are from ToyBiz...I think those are the nicest, IMHO.

[Edited on 28/9/2003 by Eolynde]
Rik
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 29, 2003 10:30
Hey if you're looking for Boromir, try here:
http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.html/PID/1050400/ctid/17/ls/default
You even get a Lurtz to beat up.

Oh and add Dernhelm to my ROTK list!

[Edited on 29/9/2003 by Rik]
TheLadyArwen
Gallery Shirriff
Send Message
on: October 01, 2003 10:03
Right now I feel like I have a lot. Anyhoo, here's my list:

FotR
Arwen horse and rider set, Boromir w/ Lurtz, Gimli, Elrond, Frodo, Sam, Gandalf the Grey, Bilbo, Aragorn, Legolas

TTT
Galadriel, Sam in Mordor, Helm's Deep Legolas, Merry & Pippin, Faramir, King Theoden, Gollum, Eomer

RotK
Treebeard, Eowyn in Armor

I think that's it...

[Edited on 20/10/2003 by TheLadyArwen]
Rik
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2003 05:51
Man, you got Arwen on Asfaloth!
That is super rare now! Wish I had one!
You lucky thing, you!
TheLadyArwen
Gallery Shirriff
Send Message
on: October 02, 2003 07:43
Is it really that rare? Really really??? I got mine on clearance at KB toys. Paid only about $10 for her.
Rik
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 04, 2003 02:01
It should be about $20!
Over here if you want it you have to be willing to pay at least £35 + shipping!
haldir_of_lorien
King of the Dead
Send Message
on: October 04, 2003 01:41
Ok, I have:

FOTR: Frodo, Sam, Merry and Pippin vs. Moria Orc, Bilbo, Legolas, Gimli, Boromir vs. Lurtz, Gandalf the Grey, and Strider.

TTT: Theoden Elf archer vs. beserker uruk-hai, Saruman the White, Merry and Pippin, Gandalf the White, and the big Treebeard.

~Haldir

[Edited on 10/8/2003 by haldir_of_lorien]
LimielofGondolin
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 04, 2003 05:02

FOTR
Legolas, Boromir, Gandalf the Grey, Aragorn and Frodo

TTT
Frodo with light up Sting, Eomer, Theoden, Pippin with ugluc, Gandalf the white, Faramir, Gimli, Suaramon and Wormtongue.
TheLadyArwen
Gallery Shirriff
Send Message
on: October 05, 2003 11:28
It should be about $20!
Over here if you want it you have to be willing to pay at least £35 + shipping!

Oy! That just seems so strange to me. There were seriously about half a dozen of it at the store.
Rik
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 06, 2003 08:34
You must have got EXTREMELY lucky that day then!
Hey if you're an Arwen fan and found her just like that, maybe with me being a Boromir fan I can walk into a store and see the new Australian Boromir!
Hmm, not likeley but it's worth a shot!
TheLadyArwen
Gallery Shirriff
Send Message
on: October 06, 2003 09:45
maybe with me being a Boromir fan I can walk into a store and see the new Australian Boromir!

Maybe!

Eowyn is actually my favorite. Wish I had luck finding her! I only really wanted Arwen so Elrond could have his daughter. And I couldn't pass her up with her being so cheap.
Rik
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 08, 2003 05:55
Éowyn is pretty rare.
There's 2, one is just in her purple and brown dress from the Glittering Caves scene cut from TTT when she kills an Uruk that sneaked in. She's got a sword and sword-slashing action.
The other(SPOILERS!) is her in armour(or armor in you're American!) which is easier to find.
I managed to find 3-4 Éowyn in armors on my very first ROTK toy hunt.She's got her sword, scabbard, helmet, cloak and spear. Oh and she also has a sword-slash. If you see her, grab here! You won't regret it, she's one kick-ass figure!
TheLadyArwen
Gallery Shirriff
Send Message
on: October 08, 2003 09:42
I don't care which Eowyn if find, just so I get her! :cry: Though I don't know what I'd do if I found both.
merry2
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 08, 2003 10:46
Does anybody know a place where I could find another Easterling that's in stock?
TheLadyArwen
Gallery Shirriff
Send Message
on: October 13, 2003 08:08
Walmart, Target, and Toys R Us are all pretty good. KB Toys has a lot of older action figures in stock. Just be patient and keep looking. You'll eventually find it. I noticed that a lot of the stores get more figures in stock around when a move is released. So you might have more luck closer to December.
eldir
Mirkwood Enigma
Send Message
on: October 13, 2003 04:19
Walmart, Target, and Toys R Us are all pretty good. KB Toys has a lot of older action figures in stock. Just be patient and keep looking. You'll eventually find it. I noticed that a lot of the stores get more figures in stock around when a move is released. So you might have more luck closer to December.

Or you might just be lucky enough to catch them at a good time. I just got given the Helm's Deep battle set as a present. But don't count on getting one around Christmas, as the rush may be phenomenal. Someone might see an older one and think 'Oh, I'll have this too!'. I know, because I've done it (I collected Star Wars ones for a while before I woke up to how much money I was spending on them).
merry2
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 17, 2003 09:26
Okay. Thanks for your advice. here are the ones I have. I will forget some since I threw out the packaging for some. They are all opened up.

FOTR-Gimli, Samwise Gamgee, Orc overseer, Merry and Pippin with Moria orc, Lurtz and Boromir, Frodo and Sam with Elven boat, Gandalf the Grey, Saruman, Strider, Legolas, Elrond, Sauron, Ringwraith, and Ringwraith with horse.

TTT-Prologue Elven Warrior, Grishnakh, Grima, Eomer, Twilight Ringwraith, Saruman, Gondorian Ranger, Easterling, Rohirrim Soldier, King Theoden, Frodo with light up sting, Ugluk, and the Helm's Deep battle set which includes Haldir.

ROTK- Eomer in ceremonial armour, Frodo in orc armour, Aragon with Brego, and Treebeard.

[Edited on 25/10/2003 by merry2]
Lady_of_Edoras
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 21, 2003 08:40
I have quite a collection myself. I have most of the hard to find figures, but there are still some that I'm trying to get. I really want the Arwen and Horse set, but no one seems to have her anymore:cry:

FOTR:
Frodo, Sam, Pippin and Merry with moria orc, Strider, Boromir and Lurtz, Aragorn, Gandalf the grey, Ringwraith and horse, Bilbo, Elrond, Gimli and Uruk, Legolas.

TT: Frodo with light up sword, Galadriel, Twighlight ringwraith, Gollum, Helms deep aragorn, aragorn and brego, King Theoden, Gandalf and shadowfax, Helms deep legolas, 14 inch treebeard, 10 inch Sauron, Faramir.

ROTK: Eowyn in armor, Pellenor fields aragorn.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email