Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
PotbellyHairyfoot
Grandpa Moderator
Send Message
Post Swords- Narsil and Sting
on: November 01, 2003 04:40
Well- I just took a chance and bought two swords on E-bay,- Sting and Narsil.
The total came to less than $US 125.00; including shipping. They may not be the United Cutlery swords but I sometimes cannot resist a bargain. I'll post what they are actually like when they arrive.
obsessed_with_lotr
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Swords- Narsil and Sting
on: November 01, 2003 11:18
That sounds pretty cool. I recently bought a sword from United: Anduril, Sword of King Elessar . It's a new release and it should arrive within a week. I'm really excited too! Anyway, do post pictures of your new swords, I look forward to seeing them

[Edited on 1/11/2003 by obsessed_with_lotr]
PotbellyHairyfoot
Grandpa Moderator
Send Message
on: November 06, 2003 12:19
Well now - the swords arrived yesterday !! Narsil has a 42 inch blade and copper inserts in the guard and at the end of the handgrip. Sting has a 22 inch blade and a decorated wood handgrip.. Both were manufactured in Pakistan. The included sheaths were made of very thick, plain black leather. I am seriously considering decorating the sheaths at some time in the future [just wish I had some talent towards that].
Sadly- I've had to repackage them as my wife won't let me play with them until after christmas.
As soon as I get access to a digital camera I'll take pictures of them- and everything else LOTR related thatI have I have in my pc/LOTR room.
FantasyBen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 12, 2003 02:39
Hopefully, I'll be getting Strider's Ranger sword for Christmas...but my mom says she doesnt want to buy me weapons. But I know she'll crack, cause she's a lotr fan too and is very generous around Christmas time
MirkwoodsArcher
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2003 02:59
Hopefully, I'll be getting Strider's Ranger sword for Christmas...but my mom says she doesnt want to buy me weapons. But I know she'll crack, cause she's a lotr fan too and is very generous around Christmas time

I really want the ranger sword as'well, dont forget the scabbard though

Nimrochben
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2004 07:52
I ordered (don't have yet) Narsil with a leather sheath from Ebay for $69.00 (US dollars) I don't care if its United Cutlery either, as long as it looks practically the same. That, fortunently, is how it is, except for Glamdring, which other companies always do differently for some reason:dizzy:.
MirkwoodsArcher
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2004 06:31
I recently ordered Hadhafang ( much excitement !!)

However when it arrived the blade was loose and in danger of falling out !!....replacement came, the gold piant stuff that they put in the inscription was splattered everywhere, as was the case with the second replacement !! :angry:

I have given up with United cutlary as I dont think they have any quality control going on.

I might have to spend a fortune getting one made especially now
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email