Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
sarumans_wolf
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post Gimli Fan Club
on: November 04, 2003 09:08
I love Gimli. I always get really angry when he is left out of everything. He is so cool! What do you think of him?

[Edited on 1/4/2004 by Valaöré]

[Edited on 27/5/2004 by sarumans_wolf]
Merrys_gurl_101
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Gimli Fan Club
on: January 03, 2004 07:12
I don't think he's cute or anything, but he's an awesome character and I love him. He is always the comic releif in the movies and you can't help but fall in love w/ the character. Him and Legolas make a great team. It also must have been hard w/ the scale double since in reality Jhon is not a dwarf and is taller than Orlando! So, I think he did an awesome job!
Valaöré
Servant of the Valar
Send Message
on: January 03, 2004 06:00
Just letting you guys know that I changed the name of this thread because the topic was more about the character of Gimli than the actor who plays him. Tootles!
Silent_Assassin
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2004 12:34
I love the character Gimli! John Rhys-Davies is an awsome actor. I used to watch him in Sliders all the time, and his part in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade was cool. I like it how they made Gimli and the hobbits look shorter then they actually are. Gimli is in the top five of my favorite characters list in LOTR.
drunken_elf
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 07, 2004 01:25
I think John Rhys Davies is just great - hilarious! I love that he takes his character so seriously, the way he gets into it is just so great! And who couldn't love Gimli?
sarumans_wolf
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 07, 2004 01:18
i think he was awesome as sallah in indiana jones too! im glad im not the only gimli fan!
freelance_beatnik
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 20, 2004 10:28
Gimli is the most under-appreciated character ever. Nobody likes him just because he's a dwarf! He's so cool and he plays the comic relief a lot of the time too. In the TTT he had me laughing hysterically...how can you not love a cynical dwarf? And as for John Rhys Davies, he's awesome too! I loved him in Indiana Jones way before LotR and he'll always be one of my favorite actors!
Foggy
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2004 04:26
I absolutely adore Gimli
Not cause he's hot but cause he is an excellent character
And makes you laguh

John Rhys-Davies is an excellent actor
Legolisa_
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2004 09:04
I don't really care for Gimli, but I am winning him in the Bachelor Auction, so any of you who would care to own him for 24 hours Middle Earth time, better get in there fast!
RivendellMaiden
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2004 04:02
I like Gimli to. He is so funny. Him and Legolas were so good together. I hear in the ROTK extened edition they may put back a scene where Gimli and Legolas have a drinking compatetion.
sarumans_wolf
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 27, 2004 01:13
Yes I heard about that too. That is just like Gimli too.
tarkena
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 28, 2004 12:44
Lol! He got my hole family laughing in ROTK, when Legolas killed the Oliphaunt and the easterlings and Gimli says that it only counts as one. Heehee, he's very funny.
pippin_princess
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 29, 2004 10:29
GIMLI ROX! He is my favorite under-appriciated character! :heart: NOBODY TOSSES A DWARF!
eddie26810
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2006 03:33
dwraves are sexy too! lol!
Elainiwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2007 11:33
Gimli's a fun character. Energetic, furious and he also finds the right words. And he's sensitive too, sometimes.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2007 11:22
Gimli is awesome! I don't think that he should be left out just because he's a dwarf.
I agree with Lorienel. He is so funny, I love it when he is in Fangorn forest, he so funny.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
coral
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Gimli Fan Club
on: March 21, 2012 09:01
Gimli is a great character, and John is also a great actor! Did you know that John has a finger chopped out?
alatar_pallando
Council Member
Send Message
Gimli is amazing! And John is one of the best actors!
“Where there's life there's hope, and need of vittles.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email