Welcome Guest 

Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
Post RE: The Newbie Pub (free to join, especially for those who are new to roleplaying)
on: February 08, 2004 08:33
"I think that we may have worked Halbarad a little to hard for his first day." An amused Rupert watched his new employee dragging himself upstairs. "Ah well." Glancing at the door, he is shocked when a new customer enters. "Well, we've had some strange ones in the past, and business is business. I'll get this one, Eeva, you take care of our friend here." Hoping that this...orc by the looks of him...wouldn't scare the other paying customers off, Rupert goes to take his order.

"Hello there, sir. What may I get you this evening? We still have some dinner left in the kitchen, a fine stew, with bread and cheese. I'm afraid that I don't know what your kind...I mean folks like you..." Getting flustered, he pours out a pint and hands it to the customer." My name is Rupert Bracegirdle, I own this place. Please, make yourself at home."

[Edited on 8/2/2004 by CarolP]
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Newbie Pub (free to join, especially for those who are new to roleplaying)
on: February 08, 2004 11:53
In walked a dwarf carrying a large axe and a pack of tools. He sat down at a table and called for service. He noticed the orc sitting at the bar and watched him warily with his hand on his axe. He had fought goblins in the Battle of Five armies and trusted no orc or goblin.
Visit my Etsy Shop: The Tower of Or and Sable
striders_star
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2004 12:22
Marbisk looked at the barkeeper. It was the old hobbit he had just seen. He was talked to in a manner way better than he had expected. The hobbit didn't seem to know what to say, but who would? He still spoke kindly, though. Marbisk smiled and said, "Thank you Mr. Rupert. The name's Marbisk. That dinner sounds great, I'll take some please." He took the pint, raised it to the hobbit and took a drink. "Hobbits must be a kind race," he thought to himself.
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2004 06:26
Eeva looked to the young hobbit girl. "Excuse me one moment." She got up and walked over to the dwarf who had just entered. "Hi. I'm Eeva, what can I get you?"
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2004 06:39
Hello, I am Dorik of the Lonely Mountain. I would like some malt beer and a mutton joint if you have it. And may I ask what an orc is doing here? I thought they had all been killed.

[Edited on 9/2/2004 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2004 04:08
Eeva smiled. "Tis nice to meet you. I shall fetch your order right away. And as for the orc, I know not why he is here, but I know he means no harm." She smiled again and headed into the kitchen to retrieve his order.

She came out shortly, setting it down. Noticing he was eyeing the orc suspiciously, she spoke. "I can guarantee he will do no harm while here. No one who means harm is allowed in here, at least not while I'm working."
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: February 09, 2004 04:22
"Marbisk, I'll get your order, and some for myself as well." Patting his stomach, he wonders if this new customer will like his cooking.

On his way to the kitchen, he overhears Eeva talking to a dwarf at the bar. "No harm, he seems the quiet type," Rupert interupted, "He wishes to eat, I...I don't think they eat hobbits, at least not these days." Grimacing at the thought, he rushes off to the kitchen to fill the plates.

Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2004 05:50
Very well, my lady, I will trust your judgment. But I must warn you that I may be a little on edge with an orc in the same room as me. I will try to control myself though.
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: February 12, 2004 01:25
Bringing the plates out from the kitchen, Rupert serves his customer and takes his usual place at the bar, digging in to his own food. "Wonder if that handyman of mine is ever going to wake up? I could use some help in the stables, and maybe a little rest myself." Rupert muttered his thoughts outloud, startling a few of the customers. Most of the regular customers were used to Rupert's grumbling and muttering.

Jumping down from his perch, he pours a fresh pint, takes a long drink, and returns to his seat and his plate.

[Edited on 12/2/2004 by Arwen_Undómiel22]
striders_star
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2004 01:53
"Thanks," said Marbisk as the hobbit put the food down in front of him. He looked at the stew. It was different from the stew he had always had. He sniffed it. It smelled good. He ate a little bit. "This stew is really good! Way better than anything I've had on the road," he thought to himself, and gulped the rest of it down as well as the bread and cheese.
He turned and saw a dwarf sitting down. His hateful insticts raged for a second. Once he was brought back to himself, he said quietly, "What was that about?" And turned around thinking about what had just happened to him.
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2004 07:11
Dorik noticed Marbisk twitch a little and saw his eyes flicker with a red glow. The orc quickly shook off the feelings he was experiencing, but these actons, though subtle, aroused even more caution and distrust in Dorik. But, remembering his earlier conversation with the barmaid, he calmed himself an continued to eat and drink, always keeping one eye on the orc.
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2004 06:05
Eeve, overhearing Rupert on her way to give Dorik his order, said as she passed, "I'll go check on Halbarad if you'd like." She gave Dorik his order. She smiled, then went upstairs to Halbarad's room. She knocked. "Halbarad, Rupert was wanting some help in the stables. You think you can go help him? I would, but I have customers to serve."

[Edited on 14/2/2004 by Arwen_Undómiel22]
moria_orc2004
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2004 04:01
Halbarad woke up when he heard Eeve. Running downstairs, he thought, "I really should watch my naps." Going out to the stables he started feeding and cleaning up after the animals.
GwennethSindalúnë
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2004 05:35
A small face peered in through the slightly smudged window by the door. A very dirty hand reached up to clear some of the grime off the pane, allowing those inside a clear view of a young girl's face, probably in her mid teens, caked with dirt and marred by a long cut running down her cheek. Frightened looking blue eyes peered at the dim interior of the pub and widened when they reached Marbisk.
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2004 07:00
Dorik ran over to the door and pulled it open. "Come in! Come in! What happened to your cheek?"
GwennethSindalúnë
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2004 07:49
The girl stepped tentatively into the room, following Dorik closely as if he might afford her some protection. She continued to watch Marbisk warily lest he make any sudden move towards her.
"Someone...something attacked me in the forest, but I couldn't see what it was," she finally offered in a small voice.
"I was looking for mushrooms, when all of a sudden some THING came up behind me and attacked me. I think my face must have hit a branch and, next thing I knew, I was facedown in the mud, and whatever it was had run right over me! After that, I was kind of disoriented, couldn't find my way back to the camp where I was staying. I didn't know what to do, so I climbed a tree and saw the smoke from your chimney and followed it here."
She paused for breath and looked around nervously at the many eyes now watching her.
"I'm, uh, I'm Cwen, by the way," she added self consciously.

[Edited on 16/2/2004 by Arwen_Undómiel22]
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2004 02:36
"Sit down, Cwen. Rupert, is there a healer in this pub who could take care of her?"
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2004 05:35
Eeva hurried over to the girl, slowing as she neared her. "Are you alright?" She spoke kindly, her voice gentle. She knelt next to the girl, looking at her injury. "It doesn't look too bad, I think I can handle it." She put her arm around the girl. "Come with me and I'll get you cleaned up."
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2004 05:47
Dorik sat down in his chair and watche Eeva and Cwen leave the room. When they had gone he turned to Marbisk. "I noticed that girl kept staring at you, orc. You wouldn't have happened to see her on your way here, or in the past have you?"
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: February 16, 2004 05:58
Rupert watched as Eeva helped the young injured girl. Not sure what to do in this kind of situation, he was reminded of how much he depended on her. Nervously, he followed Eeva and Cwen. "Is...is there anything I can do?" When Eeva shook her head no, he gratefully returned to the bar. "I think she'll be fine, though I wonder what could have attacked her?" He tried not to look to look at Marbisk. " My stableman, I need to join him, I suppose we'd best get the horses tended to as quickly as we can. I don't trust him to be alone out there neither."

Leaving the pub, he joins Halbarad in the stable.

"Halbarad, how is the work coming?" He stops to pet his pony, pulling some sugar cubes out of his pocket. "How's my Ginny-girl? Halbarad, there's been some trouble near here. There's an injured girl and something out in the woods. You...you were a ranger, weren't you? Do you think we need to look for it, form a search party? I wouldn't want this to hurt...business. Then there's that orc, seems like a respectable fella...for an orc...well I've never met an orc before, but..." Rupert falls into his customary mumbling and talking to himself, as he starts helping his stableman with the chores.
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2004 06:23
Eeva bandaged up the girls wound after cleaning it. "That should do it." She smiled and handed the girl some herbs. "I want you to make a tea with these twice a day. It should speed the healing time and prevent an infection." She walked out of the back, strolling towards Marbisk.

She stopped a foot or so away from him, "Marbisk, may I speak to you a moment?" She pulled him out back. "I know a lot of the people are going to try and blame the girls attack on you. " She paused and looked into the orcs eyes. With her 'sixth sense' she saw a pure aura, not tainted by evilness. "I know you didn't harm her. It's not that I just try to trust people until they are proven innocent either. I know, deep in my heart."

She turned and looked to the forest that was behind the pub. "let's go back inside." She ushered Marbisk back inside, locking the door behind her. She looked up at him. "Did you happen to sense anything out there? Maybe I'm getting a little paranoid."

((lets add a little drama to this, like you guys dont trust the orc, but Eeva sees the truth, yada yada yada, something like that. k?))
GwennethSindalúnë
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2004 01:51
As soon as Marbisk had left the room with Eeva, Cwen sighed in relief. The minute she had laid eyes on the orc, goosebumps had started to crawl their way up her spine.
She looked around, trying to ascertain what the others who were still in the pub were thinking. That dwarf looked trustworthy, she thought. He had been the first to help her and he seemed suspicious of the orc as well. Perhaps she had better try to befriend him. All alone and weaponless as she was, she felt completely helpless. She knew dwarves could be loyal friends and fierce warriors when the need arose.
Cwen stood up, and still limping slightly, made her way over to join Dorik at his table.
"May I sit here?" she inquired.
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2004 07:08
Certainly, my child. Eeva bring Cwen something to eat, I'll gladly pay for it. May I ask, Cwen, where is your family? And did that orc have anything to do with your wound? If you don't want to talk about it I'll understand. I just find it unusual for a girl your age to be wandering the woods all alone and unarmed.

[Edited on 17/2/2004 by Arwen_Undómiel22]
moria_orc2004
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2004 04:44
"I don't think we need to look very far since we do have a orc in the pub," said a distrustful Halbarad,:evil: "but I could look for proof that the orc did it." Finishing his work, he waited for Rupert to answer.
GwennethSindalúnë
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2004 04:58
"Thank you, my Lord!" Cwen wasn't sure whether the dwarf was in fact a lord of his race, - she knew little of his people- but she had learned over the years that it was always a good idea to err on the side of caution where strangers were concerned. Especially strangers who were in a position to afford her much needed help!
She sank gratefully onto the bench on the other side of the table where Dorik was sitting. Her instincts had been correct: not only was the dwarf friendly, he seemed genuinely concerned about her wellbeing.
Her stomach rumbled at the thought of the meal which Eeva had already hurried off to prepare. She hadn't eaten all day and she was famished. When the strange attack in the forest had occurred, she had been just about to pick several large, juicy looking mushrooms for her supper.

"To be honest, I didn't get a chance to see my attacker," she began, trying to explain what had happened. "I was bending over to pick some mushrooms, when I heard a cracking sound behind me. But before I had a chance to turn around, something hit me from behind and I fell head over
heels down this rocky slope nearby. By the time I had come to my senses, whoever it was that attacked me was gone!" she paused, recalling the strange events.
" At first, I wondered if it was some kind of animal," she continued, "but when I climbed back up the slope, I saw a series of shoe prints leading away from the area. I think I may have hit my head, because I was disoriented. I couldn't find my way back to camp, so that's how I wound up wandering all the way here.
As for my taveling companions, I have only two: Palin, my horse and my sword, Anathiel. Unfortunately, both are still back somewhere in the forest right now..." Cwen's voice petered off and tears brimmed in her
eyes. She clearly didn't want to say any more at the moment about why she was traveling alone.

(Ooc: hope that makes sense...I'm doing this on my handheld pager)
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2004 05:24
Eeva returned with something for Cwen to eat and drink. "Dorik, I know you are not trusting of Marbisk. But you must be. He has done nothing wrong. I know it."
striders_star
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2004 06:11
{sorry, i haven't been on! ok, hope this isn't too confuisng}

When the girl entered the room and spoke to the dwarf (but loud enough for him to hear) about what had happened, he felt the glares he was recieving. He didn't do it. He said quietly (for he was unable to shout it just then), in the midst of his pain, "Oh sure! Blame it on the orc! Well, I didn't do it, so there really is something out there and if I were you, I'd go check it out before someone else gets hurt!"
The dwarf came over. Marbisk was too hurt by the glares to feel a serge of instict at him."I noticed that girl kept staring at you, orc. You wouldn't have happened to see her on your way here, or in the past have you?"The dwarf said. Marbisk was even more hurt and angry. He was just about to reply when the woman he had seen before, Eeva, came over and asked him to go outside. Marbisk listened to all she had to say and became less hurt and angry. She knew he didn't do it. He went back into the bar with her. She asked him if he had sensed anything outside. "You know, I did sort of feel a little weird out there, like some evil was out there that knew I had snuck away. But it was probably just me thinking it....right?" he said, becoming a little scared as well. The fear mixed with his anger and pain and he sat down at the bar again, trying not to feel afraid, and not to become too angry.
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2004 06:17
"Don't worry Cwen we'll get you back to your camp soon enough. For now, have some food and rest." Turning to Eeva, "I will trust that orc when it is proven that he was not involved in Cwen's accident, dispite what you may sense. I may not even trust him then. But, dispite that, I will not harm or interrigate him as long as you say he is innocent."
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: February 18, 2004 04:23
Halbarad, my boy...let's not be so hasty." Rupert shakily replied to his employee, "Just because he's an orc doesn't mean that he's the one who attacked that girl. I'd just as soon look for whatever is out there..." Rupert stopped talking as he heard a loud crash from the side of the stables. "What was that?" Halbarad threw his arms up in the air and headed outside, Rupert following timidly behind him. As they stood looking at the box of wood, fallen on it's side, Rupert felt a little silly. "I guess we stacked the wood box a little too high." Working together, they quickly stacked the wood and returned to the pub.

[Edited on 2/18/2004 by Tasar_Took_Nualda]
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2004 05:56
Eeva ran outside as she heard the crash. "What happened?" She saw them restacking the wood box. "You guys scared me." She laughed slightly, walking with them back to the pub. "Please don't do that again...even if it was an accident, it was scary!"
GwennethSindalúnë
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2004 01:40
Cwen's heart beat wildly after the sudden crash. Eeva and several of the others had run outside to find the source of the noise, and Cwen waited nervously for them to return.
"It was just the woodpile: They stacked it too high," someone reported after a few moments. Cwen's heart slowly resumed a more normal pace.
But she couldn't help wondering if someone or something hadn't caused the woodpile to fall. Neither Rupert nor Halbarad struck her as careless workers. Had they really stacked the pile so high it would come crashing down on it's own? Fear and doubt gnawed at her, spoiling her appetite for what was left of her meal.
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2004 06:32
Dorik griped his axe at the sound of the crash. When it was reported that the woodpile was stacked too high he relaxed a little. He took another drink of his ale.
LordofLothlorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2004 12:20
Meanwhile, A tall dark figure slipped into the room And slid into the shadow, His face was hidden and he brought into the room, a sense of Mystery
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: February 19, 2004 01:36
Rupert decided that apologies were in order for the whole woodpile situation. Climbing up on a nearby table, he called out to the folks in the pub.

"Your attention please! I'd like to offer my humble apologies for any discomfort felt when the woodpile fell." Fumbling for the right words, his face turned pink. "I...I don't rightly remember piling it that high, but I guess it was piled too high and I know the noise was very scary, so again, sorry. Um...Eeva, let's give everyone a drink on the house!" Feeling very small at the moment, even smaller than his already small size, Rupert gets busy helping to serve a free drink to all of the customers.

Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2004 02:11
"Something doesn't feel right here." Dorik said glancing around the room. "And I don't think its the orc this time." For a moment he thought he saw something move in the shadows but when he looked again he saw nothing.
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email