Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: England anyone?
on: March 11, 2007 02:32
Oh, don't feel lonely Irmo. :hug: I am from Manchester and I am pretty sure there are a few members from around the Midlands on this site. Maybe they just don't pop into Many Meetings.
Eruco_Kane
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2007 05:47
Im from the north east, originally from newcastle but living in durham at the minute
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2007 04:32
Hello Eruco and welcome to Many Meetings, my little part of CoE. I saw your post in the Newbies Forum.

Oooh, the North East. Do you have a Geordie accent, if I may ask. Love that accent.

'Noo then, canny lad, Aa hope ye enjoy yersel, heaar.' (kindly meant, believe me )

My mum was from the North East. :love:

Good to see you and I hope you find many friends here on CoE.
Eruco_Kane
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2007 02:34
lol thanks I do have a geordie accent yes
where are you from?
cirdaneth
Books Admin & Books Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: March 20, 2007 10:26
My late husband's Mum was born on Tyneside, and although she moved to Glasgow as a child and developed their accent she never called people "hen" ... always "pet" which is the Geordie way.

I was a folk singer many years ago and sang all over. There was a great club in the Bridge Inn at the end of the High Level Bridge. Geordie music has a very special flavour.
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2007 12:52
For my sins, I am from Manchester. Mum was born in Stockton-on-Tees, not quite as far north as you, pet, and had German (Jewish), Scottish and North East ancestry and my Dad Scottish and Irish.

I call people 'pet' all the time, something from my Mum which I can treasure.

Eruco_Kane
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2007 04:21
I know and love the bridge inn, there are always decent bands there. Its really nice to find people with some local connection to my area its normally rare to find online.

Pleased to meet you guys
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2007 04:29
One of my daughter's boyfriends lived in Newcastle ... can't think of the area now ... senior moment.Lol!! Anyway, I spent a weekend there with my daughter and her boyfriend's family.

We did a night on the toon!! I can say, without a moment's hesitation, that I doubt I have met a more friendly bunch of fellas ... it was mostly fellas, lol ... in my life. I was in 7th heaven with all the Geordie accents. :love: The whole atmosphere was wonderful.

And very pleased to meet you, too Chris. You don't mind if I call you Chris, do you. Slap me wi' a wet kippa, if you do, pet. Lol!!
Eruco_Kane
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2007 11:38
Nah its cool call me chris if ya wish pet

~Larxene~
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2007 01:09
Uh...I'm YunaTS' sister...so I'm also from the South West. Uh...nice to meet everyone...
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2007 01:19
Hi Larxene, nice to meet you too.

As you will see from one of my posts, I am from Manchester.
~Larxene~
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2007 01:21
Cool. My uncle lives near Manchester. I like the area. Or I think it's near Manchester. Somewhere called Marsdon (spelling) where they film Where The Heart Is. So I'm sometimes up there.
Emily_ness
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2008 07:20
This thread seems to have been quiet for a while, but I'm from England =] The South, kinda central. Hi everyone *waves*
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2008 01:45
Threads do go cold sometimes, Emily, but they do get resuscitated at times too. Hello and very nice to meet you. As you may have noted from my earlier posts, I am a Northerner from Manchester.
Galethiel
Realm Leader of Lórien
Send Message
on: March 30, 2008 03:34
This thread is kinda quite, but I'll post anway. I'm from Derbyshire, home to fields and sheep but no LOTR conventions. We definatly need some! Anyone else from Derbyshire share my view?
Hravan
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 23, 2008 04:14
Hello? *echoes*

I'm in Shropshire :disco:

No conventions or anything around here but at least I have the Shire on my doorstep...
Yunathesummoner
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 14, 2008 06:14
*re-annimates the thread*

So, do many people from England meet up?
Hiraeth
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2008 02:25
I am in London too, nothing much here but going to Oxonmoot (Tolkien Society yearly meeting in Oxford) next week. I went to the Fellowship festival but that only lasted 2 years. Now I sit in front of my palantir (computer) and do this. I would like to organise a camping weekend next year for Tolkien fans, but dont know quite where to start. if its any use to you ihe Tolkien soc webpage has a list of local groups (you dont have to join just turn up. Apart from that. well hi and best wishes
calenmarwen
Realm Leader of Lórien
Send Message
on: December 07, 2010 04:51
Wow I had no idea there were so many of us from the UK and a good half of you seem to be fairly local to me! I live in Lancashire when I'm at home (so near Manchester) and I'm at Uni in Durham (so close to Newcastle).

Anyone still using this thread actually as I see it has been dead for about two years
"There is more in you of good than you know ..."
Zyr
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2011 06:17
I am actually from Holland but I live in England right now, in a little town (well officially it's a city because we have a cathedral). It's called Chichester and is about 1.5 hours away from London by train.
Hravan
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2011 11:18
My home is in England (Shropshire in fact.. The Shire! ) but I'm at uni in Wales.
QueenSword
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 30, 2011 06:34
I'm from Yorkshire, born and raised, even though and I'm half scottish There never seems to be any LOTR conventions near me
Arcollowen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2012 01:56
This thread needs to come back to life, I can't find any Brits! I'm from the middle of nowhere near Sheffield (or as it's affectionately known, Rohan) but I'm at uni in Liverpool. Who else is around?
calenmarwen
Realm Leader of Lórien
Send Message
Post Re: England anyone?
on: April 01, 2012 02:14
Hi! I'm a Brit. I come from Lancashire originally but now I'm at Uni in Durham. I did look round both Sheffield and Liverpool Unis though so I know where in the country you are Arcollowen

Any other Brits?
"There is more in you of good than you know ..."
Morglin
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2012 12:33
Hey English people! Although, unlike anyone here, I'm from waaaaaaaaay down south, near Portsmouth. Anyone else find it a problem that the timescale here is set to american, so all my posts seem to come from 3am, but I'm actually on at lunchtime?
Nessa Sindanarie
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 25, 2012 11:05
I don't live in England, but i am european - partly english
''I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!'' - Bilbo Baggins of Bag End
SilverShadowfax
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2013 04:10
Im from the UK (unfortunately xD) And live in East Sussex.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2013 05:16
I'm from the UK born there and will never leave, I love the country, its landscape is so beautiful, very Middle earth like.

I don't know about you folks but I always think it was a shame that New Zealead became "middle earth" JRR was British and I think our fair land would of made a perfect middle earth, The peak district, the moors of Dartmoor and Bodmin...drifts of into fantasy....
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
WOOHOO morglin, Im from down south too. Well in London now but once upon a time...
"Tears unnumbered ye shall shed; and the Valar will fence Valinor against you, and shut you out, so that not even the echo of your lamentation shall pass over the mountains." ~ The Doom of Mandos
Medium Matt
Council Member
Send Message
I'm from West Yorkshire, not too far from the border with Lancashire (which is where my wife hails from).
khaleesiofgondor
Council Member
Send Message
Hi! I'm from england too i'm originally from London but currently in portsmouth for university
A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I didn't even see this thread! Some of you have seen me around, I'm from Lincoln originally, but currently live in Leeds due to university please call me Ildë
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Next door to me Itarilde. I'm in Bradford. If you go up to Wharfedale you might see some Elves. Lots of them up there. And you know Woodhouse Lane? It comes from wood woses i.e. Pukel men.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I know Woodhouse Lane quite well haha! And that's awesome

I've never ever actually been to Bradford even though it's so close, and my uncle is a Professor at Bradford university! Maybe I should at some point...
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
elfmaiden77
Council Member
Send Message
Hi everyone! I live in the US, but I intend to go to school in the UK. Does anyone have a university you would like to recommend? I want to study literature and/or English Grammar. Thanks! I would love any help!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email