Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
Post RE: Behind the Scenes (What really happneed in NZ.) [See the ooc to join.]
on: May 07, 2004 02:21
Sean A: No, we don't have a place to stay yet. I was thinking of a hotel for a little while....but if you and Elijah have a place...we won't be imposing would we?

*Chris gets up off of the couch, gently pushing her sleeping daughter off her lap.*

Chris: I think staying with Elijah and Kay would be lovely! I hope you like children!

*they listen to the conversation about Aragorn.*

Sean A: *teases Kay* A walking movie bio, eh? That must be interesting Elijah!
Melilot_Bolger
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2004 07:30
Kay: Chris, you know I love kids!!! I hope to have some one day.

*Kay looks over to Elijah and smiles.*

Elijah: Ya one day far far away. Sean, it's horrible her knowing every movie of mine. It drives me crazy! She can link me to every actor in the world!!!

Kay: Ya I know alot about the Astin/Duke family. I know that John was in another Peter Jackson movie called Frightners.

Elijah: Oy!!! Sean you and your family are welcome to stay with us. It would help to start the bond of Frodo and Sam.

Kay: Ya!!! You WILL stay with us!!! Don't listen to Karl he'll try and suck you into his house.

Elijah: Karl,my forgive my fiance.

*Kay blows a kiss over to Karl.*

Kay: Love ya, Karl.

*Elijah puts his head into his hands.*

Elijah: Sean, you know her. Tell me why I should marry her?

Bean: When are you getting married?

Elijah: Don't....

Kay: In the next 2 years. We will be married here in NZ.

Elijah: What about our family?

Kay: We will make sure they make there way here.

Elijah: At least our mothers and our siblings.

Kay: Duh!!! So Sean what about you and Angie?

Angie: First he has to be divorced. We will be married shortly after.

Bean: We will?

Angie: Yes.

Elijah: Sean, I belive our women have planned our lives for us.
tarkena
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 09, 2004 12:59
*Skye and Dom go and sit down*
Skye: Look at that! Everyone else is staring at that tall guy.
Dom: Not you too!
Skye: Well maybe that guy over there who was in Zena... Nah, I've got you to stare at instead.
*She starts staring into his eyes, then breaks away and starts laughing. Dom joins in*
Dom: Thank-you. Now I have your luuuv, instead of Mr.Zena, or Mr. Tall and Dark-haired.
*They break off English to speak in German, more like Dom continues to teach Skye* :disco:
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: May 10, 2004 02:46
*Sean A and his wife exchange amused glances as they listen to Elijah and Kay.*

Chris: *whispers to Sean* Aren't they cute?

Sean: *whispers back* Very. *laughs* I think maybe it's best that we let the women plan our lives for us. Anyway, from the way it looks, we're going to be awfully busy with these movies. I'm really excited about this project. Elijah, we'll be happy to stay with you.

Chris: Honey, will you take me around and make sure that I'm introduced to everyone...I'm afraid that I missed someone. I hope I can remember all of their names!
Viggosgal
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2004 08:55
*John sees everyone greeting eachother.*

John: Kay, how much do you know about me? I'm sure much data is stored in that head about me.

Deb: Don't mind him, Kay. He thinks he is a big time actor.

*on the plane.*

Ann: Henry, your dad has been very quote since he meet Noel.

Henry: I know. He hasn't been like this in so long. Are you going to be abel to stay the whole two years with us?

Ann: Ya. My friend Kay is there with her fiance and i will be staynig with them. Well that is what I told my mom.

Henry: Where will you stay?

Ann: With you and your dad. I don't think he will mind.

*Henry and Ann kiss and watch Viggo watching Noel.*

(ooc: Tazz has been sick latly so that is why she hasn't been abel to psot. What is wrong with teh rest of you?!!! Get posting!!!!)
Melilot_Bolger
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2004 04:45
Elijah: Sean, it would great to have your family stay with us.

Kay: John, I know plenty about you. Asps, very dangerous. You go first. See????

Elijah: Kay, he may not like that. You know how I hate you quoeting me.

Kay: John, it was all out of love. I know you were in many movies over the many years. You are an idol of mine. John, you rock! Yuo are up there with Sean connery who you were in Indiana Jones with! See I can connect anyone!

*Just then Ian Mckellen walks in.*

Ian: Have I missed anything? Sorry I'm late. I had a late flight.

*Kay leans on Elijah.*

Kay:*whisper* Elijah, that's Sir Ian Mckellen. I think he is playing Gandalf. Wow. Lucky you getting to work with him.

Elijah: Thanks for the info, IMDB.

*Kay and Elijah Kiss as hey watch Ian come in.*
CityofAngel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2004 02:02
*Peter comes to greet Ian McKellen.*

PJ: Ian! Welcome! So glad you could join us today. Nope, you're not late at all. In fact you're just in time. We'll be starting our little meeting in a while maybe. We're just waiting for Mr. Viggo Mortensen, our last man, to show up. In the meantime, please take a seat, and see if you can get to know everybody else.
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: May 17, 2004 03:05
*Sean approaches Ian and hold out his hand*

Sean: Hello, I'm Sean Astin and this is my wife, Chris. It's an honor to meet you sir.

*Chris also shakes Ian's hand.*

Sean: I can't wait to work with you!

*their little girl wakes up with a small cry, and Chris goes over to tend to the child.*

goldberry
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2004 04:04
* Orlando had been rather quiet since ringing Jasmine,and only getting her answering machine. He was missing her more then he thought possible. He pulled out a photo of her and smiled*

"I hope you can get here soon."
He put the photo back in his walllet and went to greet several more members of the cast. He approached Elijah and Kay, who were talking with John and his wife.

"Hi! Im Orlando or maybe I should say Legolas" * he flashes them a grin and shakes hands with them all. "I cant wait to get started on this! Its gonna be amazing! * He turns hearing PJ greet Sir Ian McKellan* "I still cant believe, Im getting to work with all of you."
LadyCeleborn
Palantir Mod, Guardian of Ulmo's Realm & Resident Eomer Fancier
Send Message
on: May 19, 2004 01:27
Karl:*see's Ian walk in* Come on, Gina. Let me introduce you to Ian. He's going to play Gandalf.

Gina: Wow, I've seen some of his work. Quite impressive. He'll make a wonderful wizard.

Karl:*walking up and shaking Ian's hand* Sir Ian, it is a pleasure to see you again, sir. This is my wife, Gina. She's a fan of yours.

Gina:*shaking his hand* Hello, Sir Ian. It is indeed a pleasure. I've seen some of your work and I have enjoyed it immensley. I think you'll make a wonderful Wizard in this movie. Karl, didn't tell me that you were going to be a part of this.

Karl:*laughing* I wasn't for sure he was until I saw him walk in. There are quite a few surprises coming I'm sure. We hear that Viggo Mortenson is playing the part of Aragorn. I believe that is who we're waiting on to arrive. You'll have to come out to the ranch and ride with me when you get the chance, Sir Ian.

Viggosgal
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2004 10:50
(ooc: Since this por RP hasn't done much I will bring Viggo in. Sorry tazz.)

*The palne lands and the Mortensen comapny comes out and heads over to the hanger.*

Ann: Henry, I think we are late.

Viggo: We are not late. We have reasons.

*They all walk into the hanger to see the whole cast there.*

Ann: SEE!!!

Viggo: Hello, Mr. Jackson. Viggo has arrived. sorry it took us so long. wE had to get permission form Henry's mom and ann's mom to come. Ann is Henry's girlfriend. WE are here now. What do we need to do?

*John looks over to see Viggo has arrived.*

John: I believe the last man has come.

Deb: What?

John: I think that's Viggo over there.

Deb: Great!
CityofAngel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2004 02:56
Peter Jackson: Viggo! (beams and gives him a hearty hug) At last, our last man has arrived! Weclome, welcome! Better late than never, I always say! (shakes Henry's hand) Good to see you at last, Henry. (shakes Ann's hand) A pleasure to meet you, my dear. Now...

*PJ turns to the rest of the cast.*

PJ: I suppose that now we're all here at last, we can begin our little get-together. I assume that most of you have gotten the chance to chat and get to know each other a little better, but there will be more time for that later.

*They all settle down on the chairs facing Peter.*

PJ: Now, are there any questions you gentlemen and ladies might want to ask at this point? Before I begin giving out the basic details of our gameplan for the next fourteen months?

OOC - Uh, not sure what goes after this..but i'll just play along to whatever you guys come up with! This is just to get things started.
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: May 24, 2004 03:12
*Chris excuses herself to go and get there daughter something to eat, as Sean joins the group for the meeting.*

Sean: *kissing his family* Hurry back, and bring me something, I'm starved! *turning to Viggo, he introduces himself.*

*PJ asks the group for questions, Sean tries to think, but is distracted because he is so tired.*

tarkena
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 25, 2004 12:33
" Filming hours." stated Dom. "How long will filming take each day on average, and how many scenes per day?"
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 30, 2004 11:17
((To make things more realistic, I’ll use the name of Hugo’s wife, Katrina. Is it okay if Harry and Holly come to New Zealand? And if Harry brings along an unexpected friend? I hope this is all right.))

In the kitchen of the house that Hugo lives with his family...
Hugo: Thanks, Peter for reminding me. I’ll be there tomorrow sometime. Bye.
Hugo hangs up the phone in the kitchen. Katrina, his wife, enters the room.
Katrina: What was that all about, dear? Is this another one of your filming jobs?
Hugo (appears to be slightly distracted): Where are the kids? I-We need to talk to them about something.
Hugo gives Katrina a kiss on the forehead.
Katrina: Holly’s at school, working on a project, and Harry’s at Elizabeth’s house. Why do you ask?
Hugo: We’re going to New Zealand for a year, sweetheart. We’ll tell the kids this evening.
~Later that evening~
Hugo calls a family meeting in their living room. Harry and Holly sit on the couch, and Katrina sits in a chair off to the side.
Holly: Daddy, what are we doing here?
Hugo: I’m sure you kids have heard of The Lord of the Rings...
Both kids nod.
Harry (excitedly): Elizabeth’s been telling me all about those books!
Hugo: They’re making a movie of it in New Zealand and the director, a man named Peter Jackson, called today and asked me to play Elrond in the movie that they are making.
Harry: So we’re going to New Zealand?
Hugo nods, exchanging a brief glance with Katrina, who it looks like something is bothering her.
Hugo: And we are leaving tomorrow morning, so pack your stuff up.
Harry and Holly leave the living room. They go upstairs to their rooms to pack their things.
Katrina: Are you sure this is a good idea? Taking the kids with you to New Zealand? Pulling them out of their schools?
Hugo (smiles): Yes. There will be others there, you’ll see. And they need a break every now and then.
Hugo kisses Katrina on the cheek and gives her a hug.
Katrina (sighs): If you’re sure, but I have to pack some of my things before we leave tomorrow. What time did you say our plane left?
Hugo: Ten o’clock in the morning, I think.
Katrina walks upstairs to pack.
~In New Zealand!~
Hugo and his family get off their plane, and head towards Wellington, where they will be staying for the duration of the filming. When they get there, they unpack and head towards the place where everyone is meeting.
Harry: I’m going to explore, Dad.
Hugo: All right, don’t wander too far, and mind your manners.
Harry leaves to look around and Hugo searches for Peter Jackson, going off nothing but a picture. Meanwhile, Holly and Katrina have found where everyone else is.
Katrina: Holly, why don’t you go find your brother?
Holly nods and leaves, looking for Harry, who has seemed to disappear.
Hugo finds Peter, who is busily talking to another person. Hugo waits until Peter is finished with the conversation he’s engaged in.
Hugo: Hey, Peter!
CityofAngel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 31, 2004 12:13
OOC - I'm going to try to jump forward a bit with this thread so we can move on to the fun parts that will better catch your interest. Chleo, if you don't approve, just let me know and I'll delete/edit!

"Filming hours." stated Dom. "How long will filming take each day on average, and how many scenes per day?"

PJ: Well, that really depends. Not all of you will be filming for the same amount of time each day. The Fellowship members will obviously have more camera time than the others. I would peg it at an average of fourteen hours a day, including make-up and costuming. We'll take all the time we need to get the scenes exactly right. We'll do one scene a day if we have to.

*He looks up and sees Hugo Weaving arrive, and stands up to greet him.*

PJ: Hugo! Welcome! (shakes his hand) Just in the nick of time too! Please, come join us!

*Hugo takes his seat and Peter Jackson continues to brief the entire cast on the details of the fiilming. Over the next hour they discuss locations, the script, the characters, and all the other creative aspects of the making movie. Then they discuss the accomodations...*

Peter: (ooc- this is a long one! *LOL*)

It seems that most of you have chosen to bring your families and loved ones. That's all well and good with me, but I assume you've already managed to find places where you can stay for the duration of the filming.

The actors will be living in trailers with the crew while on location of course, and that will be most of the time. Families are allowed to visit the set, so long as they don't distract the workers too much. (chuckles)

Now, if any of you have any problems with anything, feel free to give me or any of the production assitants a call--anytime!

We'll be having a welcome dinner this evening, and I'd really like for all of you to come. The producers, writers, and heads of the creative teams will all be there. Nothing formal; just a chance for all of us to get together, have some fun and mingle. The place is called Logan Brown. A PA will contact you and give you the addess before tonight. Thank you all so much for coming, and I'll see you again at about seven-thirty!

*They say their goodbyes and the cast leave to go about their own ways for the rest of the day.*

OOC - Time to go back to the hotels and houses. I was thinking if you guys had anything to discuss with PJ, pretend you already have during this meeting. OR you can bring it up with him at the dinner.

There is an actual Logan Brown restaurant. I did some reseach. Here's a link to see what it looks like: http://www.menus.co.nz/loganbrown/index.html?RID=39
tarkena
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 05, 2004 11:04
"14 hours," Dom said. "Ok."
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: June 06, 2004 04:11
*Sean A and family decide to find a hotel for the evening.*

Chris: *yawns* Elijah, Kay, hope we'll be staying with you at your place, but for tonight I just want to find a bed....and fast.

Sean: We'll be seeing you soon.

*The Astin family heads to the nearest hotel for some much needed rest.*

Alex: *sleepily* But I wanna stay with Elijah! He's nice.

Chris: We'll see him again soon, and everyone else. It's time for little girls to go to sleep.
Viggosgal
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2004 01:37
*Sean and Angie head to his new house to sleep. John and Debbie went to his house to get ready for the next day.*

Sean: It was nice meeting you all. Angie and I will be at our place. PJ you have our number.

John: Same here. Good night all.

(ooc: I'm posting for Mel here.)

Eliajah: Sean, I hope you guys live over soon. Maybe once we get everything here it will be better. We are gonig to buy furnature tomorrow.

Kay: Yep. Ali, I can't wait for you to stay with us.
LadyCeleborn
Send Message
on: June 08, 2004 03:58
Karl:*taking Gina's hand* Alrighty then. Its been a pleasure meeting all of you and I look forward to working with everyone.

Gina:*smiling* We've got the jeep outside. Craig and Maria, your coming home with us, correct? Anyone else coming out to stay at the ranch? We've got plenty of room.

Karl: Your more than welcome. Don't be too surprised though if I put you to work helping out with the horses. Let's head out to the ranch and get you settled in. You can rest for a while and clean up before this evening.

Gina: Logan Brown's a great place to eat. Good food. You'll enjoy it. Karl and I have been there several times.

Karl: Everyone ready? Let's go then.

CityofAngel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2004 03:44
*Craig and Maria follow Karl and Gina out of the hangar.*

Craig: Thanks again for letting us impose on you like this, Karl. (grins) I guess it is a lot better than camping out in a hotel room like tourists.

Maria: Well honey, technically, we ARE tourists.

Craig: (protests) We're Zealanders like everyone else!

Maria: We're not from this island, though. And I haven't been here in Wellington as often as you. I intend to do a bit of sightseeing while I'm here.

*As they get into the jeep, Maria turns to Karl and Gina and smiles.*

Maria: But of course, you have to let us help out with the chores and everything. I'm certainly no where near as expereinced with the horses as you, but I'd sure love to try a hand at it!

*Craig bursts out laughing. Maria turns to him and glares, planting her hands on her hips. *

Maria: What's so funny now?

Craig: (grins) The idea of you doing farmwork is! (to Karl and Gina) FYI, this fiancee of mine grew up a rich little city girl. Never had to lift a finger on housework her whole life!

Maria: That's not true! (pouts) I've learned to get my hands dirty ever since I moved out of the house and started living on my own, and you SO know it!

*Craig just smiles and kisses her cheek.*

Craig: (soothingly) All right, baby. Whatever you say. Was just teasing.

Maria: Oh! And Gina, I was wondering if you and I could do a bit of shopping later. I've got nothing to wear for the dinner at Logan Brown's this evening!

Craig: (chuckles) Now that sounds more like my girl!

*Finally they drive up to the Urban's ranch. Maria's eyes light up upon seeing the place.*

Maria: This is such a beautiful home you have here! You know Craig, we never really considered putting up a house like this for ourselves someday. Maybe staying here a while would help give us some ideas...

Craig: (helps her out of the jeep) Uh, all right, we'll think it over, okay hon? We'll see you we feel about in a few days maybe...

*He grins at Karl and leans over to whisper to him.*

Craig: ...after she's had a go at some of those horse-keeping chores.
LadyCeleborn
Send Message
on: July 15, 2004 01:09
Gina:*opening the front door* I'm glad you like it. Come on, I'll show you around while the guys get your luggage. Later, we'll go shopping for something new to wear tonight. I haven't had a chance to go in a while. Maybe I'll find something too.

*Gina shows Maria around the house. The large living room with the fireplace. The kitchen leading to the back decks that carry down to the pool. Then the party room where Karl kept his pool table.*

Gina: Come on upstairs. We gave you guys the loft. Its the next biggest room in the house. It has its own sitting room and bathroom. Lots of privacy and the deck has a gorgeous view of the farm.

*Outside*

Karl:*grabbing suitcases* Glad you two decided to stay with us, mate. You'll love it out here. Lots of privacy. Out closest neighbor is several miles away. I think Gina is putting you in the loft.

CityofAngel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2004 03:40
*The delight never leaves Maria's face as Gina shows her around the house. She's lived in crowded suburbs and city apartments her whole life, so this was a sure novelty to her.*

Maria: (sighs) Oh, this place is just wonderful, Gina! You and Karl must love it, especially the privacy! Has Karl lived here his whole life, sort of like an ancestral home? How long have you guys been married? (smiles) No children yet?

*Outside*

Karl:*grabbing suitcases* Glad you two decided to stay with us, mate. You'll love it out here. Lots of privacy. Out closest neighbor is several miles away. I think Gina is putting you in the loft.

*Craig laughs as they enter the house with luggage in tow.*

Craig: Yeah, I'm sure we will. Thanks again for letting us intrude on you. (chuckles) This is a great place, and Maria looks plenty excited already. I wouldn't be surprised if she starts begging to me to buy a house in the country just so I could sweep her off there after our honeymoon.

*He follows Karl up the stairs to the loft. Maria comes out to meet them.*

Maria: (happily) Craig, you have to come and see this!

*She takes hold of his arm and pulls him into the room. Craig is impressed by the size of it.*

Craig: Whoa, all this just for us? This is really nice! You keep a beautiful house, Mrs. Urban.

Maria: And check out the view!

*They step out into the deck and marvel at the wide expanse of green land around them. From there they could see the barn, and the paddock where a couple of horses where grazing. Craig grins and puts an arm around Maria.*

Craig: Well, this is a sweet change from city life, that's for sure! (looks at Karl and Gina) The privacy you get here must be sheer bliss!
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2004 02:42
I'm going to try and Pl,ay Miranda Otto though all I know about her is that she's Aussie. :blush:

Miranda Otto went to the place she had been told to go to after getting off the plane. she wondered what other sorts of people were going to be working on this film.

Ok, how was that? I still feel a little weird about playing a real person in an RPG. But hey its not real in the RPG. am I making sense? LOL
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email