Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
unskinnybop
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Who is the bravest?
on: January 12, 2005 11:25
I think Frodo is the bravest, he risked his life to take the ring to Mordor, a task even the bravest of humans woud have failed at. Sam, is a close second though. It took a lot of courage to stick by Frodo for so long, and he did save his life.
Aragorn
5% (4)
Boromir
8% (7)
Faramir
12% (1)
Frodo
17% (1)
Sam
46% (3)
Eowyn
5% (4)
Gandalf
0% (0)
Merry
1% (1)
Pippin
0% (0)
Other
6% (5)
Child_of_Lúthien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2005 11:30
Sam and Frodo. They both go to this horrible place with a giant spider, tons of orcs and constantly being reminded that they are carrying great evil with them the whole time. Yeah, that isn't very safe...
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2005 04:50
Heh, well it seems Sam's got a lot, but I didn't vote for him I voted for Merry, and if I could Pippin too. Because, here are two rather young hobbits just tagging along with their friends, and boom they find out what they've really gotten into and pull through it with much bravery, and maturity, (for the most part, their sense of humor helps them too) So yeah, those two were brave, more brave than I would have been!
passionelf
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2005 11:19
This might seem a bit foolish and wierd but i cannot vote any of them,i belive together they all made THE BRAVEST of all together.Not one man alone throughout the trilogy was the bravest but all of them together.LOTR and touched and inspired me throughout the years it has given me the understanding of hope.honor,valor and the loyalty of friendship and i hope many others were touched as i was,lotr has had a great affect on my life and i would never want any different
GrimaWormtongue
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2005 01:07
"Frodo wouldn't have got far without Sam" ~ Frodo Baggins

Good old Samwise, in my opinion. He kept Frodo going - if he hadn't have been there, Frodo would have gave up a long time ago, or he'd have been killed by the orcs. If it wasn't for Sam taking the Ring when he thought Frodo was dead, then going to rescue him when he realised he was alive, the Ring would have got back into the hands of Sauron, Frodo would be dead, and the whole of Middle Earth would be destroyed

[Edited on 13/1/2005 by GrimaWormtongue]
passionelf
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2005 05:39
See the thing is frodo,sam,merry,pippin all of them were very brave yes.But they wre just shire folk in the beggining,what made them brave was the fellowship and fighting side by side for what they love,now if it was just frodo and sam setting out to destroy the ring alone with no help or mention from any other charecters at all do you honestly think they would be as strong and brave as they were? They had much help from many others as they had helped others become stronger,if you understand my point of view they couldnt be brave just alone together they were stronger.
Nimloth_Ilivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2005 09:18
Sam.. He's a hobbit. He most go to mordor with frodo. He most save Frodo whole the time. That's very good. But Éowyn to. She is a women.. she want to fight.
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2005 11:33
Good point passionelf, it was kind of like a chain reaction. This person said they could do it and be brave so everyone else joined in and was all brave.
passionelf
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2005 06:01
aye watching two little hobbits take the ring into the grounds of mordor gave so much hope to the rest of the fellowship,so much hope that they all were willing to die to give safe passage to the hobbits,so much hope for eowyn and merry to take down the nazgul,legolas the mammoth,aragorn to confront the dead army etc etc.All of theyre actions reflected upon one another and made them stronger.
hobbitnamedeliza
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2005 06:38
Frodo--he endures unbelievable mental anquish, and physical torture and he gets up every day and moves on to the best of his ability...
FrostLord20
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2005 06:57
boromir!!! we all saw his last stand and his devotion to protect the hobbits. faramir was brave to go out in that suicidal mission. and definitely aragorn for going out to the black gates facing thousands of orcs and trolls without only a couple of his friends and 200 men.
~hobbitgirl~
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2005 09:50
FRODO!!!!!! At the beginning of the Quest he's not very brave because it doesn't come naturally, but he learns to overcome his fears. I admire and respect that so much because, like him, being brave doesn't come naturally to me. And it took a special kind of courage to resist the Ring.
~hobbitgirl~
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2005 10:05
Frodo--he endures unbelievable mental anquish, and physical torture and he gets up every day and moves on to the best of his ability...

I couldn't have said it better. Frodo has to fight an inner battle, day in and day out. That required colossal strength of mind. And he sacrificed all chances of a fulfilling, happy life in order to save Middle Earth. :sob: :sob: :sob:
Gam-gam
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2005 06:47
Sam, obviously! His name is Samwise the BRAVE for heaven's sake!
Frodoisbest22
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2005 06:50
I deffinently think Frodo is the bravest. He's the one who took up the Ring in the first place, and "sold his soul" to destroy it- go Frodo!
roxi89
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2005 09:58
I voted for Faramir, but I think that Eowyn was also brave - she wasn't afraid of death, and went to the war..
FrostLord20
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2005 10:27
out of the hobbits, i think merry and pippin are the bravest. they distracted the uruk hai from frodo in amon hen. and they are both just simple hobbits
AragornArwenElf
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2005 01:54
I totally have to say it's a tie between Aragorn and Frodo. Aragorn because he faces a whole army of orcs and goes into this war with no fear. He also has a way of bringing hope to everyone. Frodo because, uh, HELLO he is the ringbearer. How many of us here would be brave enough to go to Mordor alone?(originally) I would be scared stiff!:cry:
elisarae
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2005 02:19
Samwise Gamgee, of course!!!!!!!!!:heart: It takes a lot of guts to swim out to Frodo, to go as far as Frodo would go, even into Mordor, to tell Frodo to go and leave him during their captivity by Faramir, to fight Shelob single handed, and to carry Frodo up the mountain when he could barely keep himself standing up!!!
GO SAMWISE GAMGEE!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!:love: :cheers:
LotrLuva
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2005 10:57
There is no way I can possibly choose just one. In these movies, almost everyone is brave, in their own way.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 02, 2005 01:42
well.... Sam. because lets face it.. he's just a little hobbit who wants nothing more than to garden and eat potatos.... and he ends up being swept away on an adventure to save his world! He went into Mordor, a place everyone else was afraid of going, he didn't think twice about staying with Frodo, and he even goes into a big scary tower to save him! without Sam, middle-earth would have been dooooomed. Go Sam! *dances*
Lweven
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2005 01:54
Yes, that is true. Yet, everyone found something within them on the whole journey. Especially the hobbits. Pippin, and Merry, Sam, even Frodo. Just think about it. Aragorn, did too. All of them.
AgordanPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2005 02:10
I gotta say Sam. He does have the nickname after all. I mean he is just a bit braver then Frodo, Merry and Pippin. Frodo knew about the adventure and the danger, he grew up with Bilbo, he had to. Sam heard the stories also, but Frodo wanted to live the stories. Frodo was brave but Sam didnt seem to have Frodo's lust for adventure.

Merry and Pippin while brave in their own rights spent much time being funny. They became brave once they were thrust into the world of the ring. They came on the quest of their own accord, but they were mainly doing it to stay with Frodo and Sam.

Sam has to be the bravest. He indured Frodo's fowl attiude, plus Gollum. He was brave enough to go back when Frodo told him to get lost. He beat Shelob, and carried the ring until Frodo came back. Samwise The Brave, a Hobbit with courage like no other
fbc
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2005 04:34
Frodo
Morna_Child_of_Eru
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2005 06:49
FRODO!!!!!! At the beginning of the Quest he's not very brave because it doesn't come naturally, but he learns to overcome his fears. I admire and respect that so much because, like him, being brave doesn't come naturally to me. And it took a special kind of courage to resist the Ring.

I completly agree. I think it takes more courage to face an intense internal battle than an external one. You can run from RingWraiths or Orcs, but once you look your inner shadows square in the face, you can't run from them. You can't run from yourself.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email