Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
MerryandPip
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Artemis Fowl!
on: March 28, 2007 10:23
I love Foaly too! He's hysterical! But I think Holly would have to be my favorite.
Naera
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2008 07:57
Okay, I ran out of stuff to read after the standardized test for the year, so my friend let me borrow the first one. She had been bugging me for months to get it. I am so very glad she did. That's how I got it.

My fave character is Butler, don't ask why, I just love him. :heart: It was sad in the Eternity Code when he almost died. I cried. :sob:

And my favorite is probably the Opal Deception, because of Artemis's self-conflicts in it... I haven't read it in over a year though, so that may change the next time I pick one up.

I have to read the Lost Colony, but then is that it? I only got to the Opal Deception... That is the next one, right? I am not quiet sure...
Tulcadhiel_Greenleaf
News Admin & Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: November 07, 2008 08:23
Ah, I love these books. Second fav after LOTR!

My cousin got it for her b-day, didn't read it, and when I was staying at her house and was bored while she was at school, I picked it up and read it. I can't say I was thrilled when I first read it, barely got through, and somehow read the second one. Going back I love the first one, but at first I wasn't crazy about it.

My fav character has to be Artemis...who couldn't like a criminal mastermind? I really like him as the books go on...yes, he gets nicer...but its cool to go back and read when he was "evil" as well. My other fav is Holly, my friends say I'm a lot like her. After that, Juliet is hilarious, Butler is awesome, Foaly is hysterical, Mulch is...mulch..., And Trouble rocks! I am a fan of Trouble, he was a bit different in the 6th one but *one* of my RL nicknames is Trouble. Strangely enough my little sis' favorite is Commander Root!

My favorite book in the whole series...I can't choose one. I loved the 5th and 6th...the 5th made me cry, and the 6th was back and better than ever...the Eternity Code was AWESOME, and of course the first was the best!
Wilwarin_Star
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 11, 2008 04:07
i read these books because the first one looked interesting and then i took a break off of artemis fowl and then i just came back and finished two and three within this week. I'm currently looking for four, five and six my favorite character has to me either mulch or artemis because... well i actually dont know and my favorite book was probably the arctic incident
Donry
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2009 04:33
Are they still making a movie series out of this series? I heard Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson was going to play Butler.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 23, 2009 02:22
For me, I found Artemis Fowl when I moved into our most recent house. The previous owners left behind a few books, and Artemis Fowl was one of them. I fell in love almost immediately.

My favorite character is Artemis Fowl himself. He's absolutely brilliant. Butler is close behind him, though.

Of all the books they have now, I still always go back to the first one and love it every time.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
rodwen_dilain
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 08, 2009 03:00
So I started reading these books really randomly quite a few years ago...I was wandering around the library, saw something shiny and started reading it. I fell in love!

My favourite character is Artemis (obviously) but Foaly is in a close second! They're both so sarcastic, I love it!!!

So far, my favourite book is The Eternity Code, but the first is very close!
Donry
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 10, 2009 05:12
Finally finished The Lost Colony, had way to much going on so I couldn't give it the attention it needed. Thought it was better than the last one, but still not as good as the first two.
Andromeda_of_Imladris
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2011 03:36
1. my great aunt got me the first book for x-mas
2. holly
3. i dont have a fav they're all great

btw there is now 7 books plus the Artemis fowl files
1. Artemis Fowl
2. Arctic Incident
3. Eternity Code
4. Opal Deception
5. Lost Colony
6. Time Paradox
7. Atlantis Complex
ImageImage
Bartimaeus
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 13, 2011 02:38
I really like the books! Some of my friends recommended them. My favourite characters are Arty, Foaly and Mulch.

They're both so sarcastic, I love it!!!

I agree! Arty's formal speech makes a hilarious contrast with the others.

My favourite books are the second and the fifth.

Incidentally, I also enjoyed the Supernaturalist and The Wish List, but my favourite Colfer books (other than Artemis) are the Legend books. (Spud Murphy and the others.) Eoin really seems to understand young children well - Myles and Beckett were also great fun!

[Edited on 17/3/2011 by Bartimaeus]
Eruvande~Elleth
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2011 04:10
I think the Atlantis Complex ended rather badly and they need to work on another one! I love his wit....it would be so funny to actually meet him if he were real.
Bartimaeus
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2011 01:57
I wonder what's going to happen in the next. What happened to the Opal from the past? Isn't she still loose in the present?

Eoin seems to have been reading up a lot about quantum mechanics. Of course he's a little confused between electricity and radioactivity - but the technology in his books is still rather cool! And he seems aware of the latest developments, which are really quite exciting.

wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
The Artemis Fowl series was recommended by a friend. Foaly and Juliet are my favourite characters. The first book is my favourite.I read the series as far as they went, then read the first one again!
I think the last book didn't quite satisfy me... I didn't like the ending. But then, I do really like Artemis.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
CaptainAragorn
Council Member
Send Message
Mulch Diggums is the best.
I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email