Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First2829303132Last >>
Author Topic:
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
*catches sight of the warg suddenly* Yipes! Anyway, here's y'all's ice cream!! *Settles back down into armchair*
The movies are OK, I guess. I've discovered I'm not a huge fan. The second one is better. I don't like Thorin at all. Fili and Kili are all right. Didn't like that wierd scene with Kili and Tauriel. But Bombur *Balin!is my favorite dwarf so no danger of me crying. lol! btw-I'm not trying to be a poopy butt kevin while virtually watching this movie. lol! I do want to watch the second one again because I do like Bard.

*obviously my brain didn't communicate very well with my fingers. but Bombur is also good

[Edited on 08/19/2014 by rhodilwen]
The men of the east may spell the stars/ and times and triumphs mark/ But the men signed with the cross of Christ/ go gaily in the dark- G.K. Chesterton ~Member of the Realm of Ulmo~ http://clairembanschbach.wordpress.com/
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
*Bilbo sneaks around* Yea the actor portrays him well. *crunch*
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Actually Cenor, the unspeakable untypeable offense that Kili committed was falling in love with Tauriel in the first place.

Balin was my favorite in the book.

Yeah, I thought Martin Freeman was a pretty good choice for Bilbo. *tastes ice cream* Yuuuuum...mint chocolate chip is awesome!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Thought so.

I love mint chocolate chip! *stirs ice cream around*
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
*walks into room quietly* Hey, mind if I join you guys? I need somewhere to stay for the night. *sits down and waits to be accepted somewhere*
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
EXCUSE ME?? Do we MIND??? What are you talking about???!! *tackles Rod* I haven't seen you in ages! Of course we don't mind!!

There's plenty of snacks on the table, and ice cream in the freezer. Did you bring some bedding, or shall I rummage around in the closet for some for you?
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Hi and welcome back (I think) Rod!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah, Rod used to be here.

*Eats more ice cream*
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Uh oh I forgot what happens next in the movie.

Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I don't know what happens next, either. I've only seen it one time, and that was last December! Help, Rhodi??
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
Hi, Rod!!!!!!!!!!!1

Don't look at me, guys, I've only seen it once. Oh well, I guess I'll have to watch it in real life to help us out. Darn. lol!

Let's just say that they're headed to Beorn's house?
The men of the east may spell the stars/ and times and triumphs mark/ But the men signed with the cross of Christ/ go gaily in the dark- G.K. Chesterton ~Member of the Realm of Ulmo~ http://clairembanschbach.wordpress.com/
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
*Dwarves run into house followed by big black bear* You know I think it kinda funny that Bombur was the fastest.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah, that is kinda funny.

I really will try not to slam this movie while we watch it, but I was SUPER disappointed with Beorn. He was so awesome in the book, and in the movie he was so...not.

rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah, what was up with those eyebrows? lol! *crunches quietly on some chips* I do like the ponies he lends them.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Yea Beorn was a bit...slow and sad...not the great bear of a man that the book portrayed him as. Wait did I say bear?
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
I see what you did there.... lol!! Dang! I'm really going to have to go watch the movie because I have no idea what happens
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Well, the eyebrows were just part of the problem; the thing I disliked more than his eyebrows was that mohawk-ish thing growing out of his back. :/

Yes, watch it Rhodil!
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
You guys are funny. I did expect him to be more...impressive.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Indeed.

*Munches yummy stuffs*

I seriously can not really remember this movie...
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Ummmm oh drat...lets skip to them riding the ponies.

*Eats a big bite of ice cream* Brain Freeze!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Hey, watched the movie a couple nights ago! Well, most of it...I was bored, so I went out a couple times, and I didn't watch the end.

I love the ponies. They are so pretty!!
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
Ah!!! The stink bugs invaded my house!!

Mind if I hang out here till they leave?
Image"The Corrupteds are going to wake up and find that they are strong." -Cenor
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
*Wakes up yawning and rubbing eyes* Oh, hey! Of course you can stay! Welcome!!! *tackles OneSizeFitsAll* Do you have a nickname here? Not that I mind typing out your whole username, but it's a little long. I'm mostly called Mar and Mareth (but I reckon you know that from the writer's thread). We have extra pillows, blankets, stuffed animals, etc., so just let me know what you need! We also have plenty of food. *grins happily*
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
Yay! Someone finally woke up! Wow, you guys must be at a really boring part of the movie...

I'm generally known as Gem, OSFA, or OneSize. Feel free to call me any one of those, though Gem is my favorite (especially as the last one reminds me of One Direction. *shrieks*).

FOOD!!!! *makes a dive for the M&Ms* *throws self on couch, munching*
So, what's up? Am I right in thinking that you were watching (and discussing) DoS before you all fell asleep?
Image"The Corrupteds are going to wake up and find that they are strong." -Cenor
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
*Clears throat noisily* In my opinion the whole movie is boring. *ahem ahem*

Oh yeah, I remember now. Gem is my favorite name in that list, too. Am I right in guessing that the shriek means you dislike 1D? *mutters* Please say yes....

Reckon we were...lets see. I guess when I fell asleep I hit the 'pause' button by mistake. Well, that is convenient, isn't it? *presses 'play'* *company starts into Mirkwood* *gets up* I need to get more food.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
*Snore* *Wakes up just as Gem jumps on couch* Oaf! Oh hi! *thinks please don't like 1D* *eats M&M that conveniently landed in hand* I like Gem too.
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
Heheh...I don't like DoS much, either.

Oh, no. I do not like 1D. At all. *hides under the bed clothes* I'm still traumatised from the first/last time I saw/heard them...

Aww, that's so sweet Cenor! I like you too...which is why you should be corrupted. (Sorry, I have to keep pushing it...)

It's so weird how everyone thinks of Mirkwood differently. I always thought of it as black and brown, with fires springing up out of nowhere at odd moments. In fanfiction, it's usually portrayed as green, glowing and romantic (argh, I can never like Mary Sue fics), and in the movie...well...you can see for yourself.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Whew! *wipes forehead* I see Mirkwood as dark and evil but around and in the Woodlin (sp?) Realm as green and less evil.
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
I think it's Woodland?

I guess I think of it the same way...it's hard to imagine Thranduil's palace/cave/whatever it was surrounded by spider webs. And it's pretty obvious that the stream that flowed from it to Dale want evil like the other one, as Tolkien mentioned that several of the barrels leaked, and that Bilbo was on the outside of the barrels, and no one fell asleep that I remember...
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Gem, you are one of the very few people I know that doesn't care much for DoS. And I'm glad you don't like 1D.

Yep, Woodland.

I didn't think of Mirkwood how it was in the movie, either. I thought of smothering darkness, so thick you felt like you were suffocating; and like you said Gem, random fires springing up in different places, accompanied by laughter and singing....they seem so close, yet are so maddeningly far away. I did not think of it as a 'green, growing, romantic' place at all.

Well, I suppose it must have been two rivers; otherwise, they'd all be asleep. Bombour fell asleep. But of course, that was before everything else, not when he was in a barrel. I should read that book again sometime...

So...I take it Gem is a Corrupted Weaver and Cenor is not? I prefer non-corrupted myself, but thats just me.

OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
You are absolutely the only person I know who doesn't care for DoS, Mareth. The only person who has actually seen it and doesn't care for it, that is. Even my sisters love it, though we usually tend to feel the same way about movies. Heheh...I don't think I know anyone who likes 1D...

Spot on, Mar!!! That's exactly how I think of it...except maybe a little less dark, seeing as they managed to see the deer in the book. Even when you got near the fires and could see a little bit, everything was colourless...just black tree trunks and brown leaves.

Yeah, it probably was two rivers. I should read the book at some point, too, but, as I happen not to like it, it's very hard to get motivated.

Well...Cenor was not corrupted at the time. She (?) was still trying to decide whose side to pledge her allegiance to. But now, I am happy to say, she has made the decision. The right decision. *corrupted fist pumps* (Ooooh...that sounded creepy.... O.o)
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
1D=Gross.

Hi. Gem! *stretches in armchair* I feel like I don't get much sleep these days, so I nap whenever I can. School and all that....

I actually don't really like the Hobbit movies. I've only watched both maybe twice each. And I always imagined Mirkwood as this really dark, tangly forest. The only animals Tolkien mentions there are black as I recall, but then there's butterflies on top and elves having feasts, so I don't know what to think.

(PS. what's with the corrupted weaver stuff??)
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
I've always imagined Mirkwood a bit greener close by the Woodland Realm. Yes Gem I'm She .

It means I'm evil *deep evil laugh* *chokes coughes* *ruins affect*
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Well Gem, of course it wouldn't be totally black all the time; just most of it.

Yay! I don't care much for the Hobbits either. I will probably still go see the third one (I may even go in the attire of a Ranger) but I don't have very high expectations.

[Edited on 09/26/2014 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
Haha, I know what you mean, rhodi. Of course, I don't go to school, but I have a feeling work is almost as bad...

I've watched the first Hobbit twice, and the second one once. I actually liked the first one at first, since Martin Freeman, Benedict Cumberbatch, and Richard Armitage are the of my many favourite actors, and Thranduil was kind of cool (albeit cheesy) at the beginning. Cumberbund hadn't actually appeared yet, of course, but that's partly why I liked it...I hadn't yet been plunged into the depths of disappointment by his mediocre portrayal of Sauron. After seeing DoS, however, it was ruined for me. I will still watch the third one once it comes out, but I am expecting absolutely nothing good from it. That way I'll probably be pleasantly surprised.

I've always wondered why the elves lived in such a dark place, of they loved starlight...??

"Corrupted weaver"has to do with the realm Cenor and I are in...the indescribably awesome realm of Vaire.

Hi She!

I see, Mar. I never got why the deer was there in the first place, btw.
<< First2829303132Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email