Register

<< First4142434445Last >>
Author Topic:
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you, Blue!

New prompt tomorrow at around noon!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Edhelharn
Council Member
Send Message
Nice - that was a dramatic and striking ending.
Image Image Love is the strongest force the world possesses - Mahatma Gandhi
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you Edhelharn!

In addition to this week's prompt, I would like us all to post our writing goals and thing's that we want to accomplish.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Prompt Number Fifty!

Another one word-Failure.
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
I love the idea of writing goals! Nice prompt too; I think I can use it in the Arathorn one Mushu & I are writing!!!
"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13, NIV I'm a fanfiction writer and appreciate reviews! Check me out at https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6434280/BlueberryMuffins76
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
This is the ghost of Cenor speaking.

Prompt 50!!!

This is based off an rp character (LotR) who is carrying this sword that oozes self doubt, anger, guilt, and despair into it's bearer (its Tolkien related btw). The prompt and his actions at this moment seem to intertwine so I decided to do him. His name is Sirian Ashright, an elf from the First Age.

~

This was a failure. The whole quest was impossible! This sea jewel was nothing but a myth, a elfling's tale, yet all four of then and the King had fallen for its tempting beauty. Now they were being led, like innocent children, by some unknown benefactor, their secret guide.
No, he couldn't do this, what if he failed again? Like he had the last company he had joined. He might be a Healer, but his hands were stained with innocent blood and his memories haunted by ghosts. How could he advise the Captain when he couldn't trust himself?
Why was he with them anyways? Hadn't he chosen a life of solitude, of peace? But here he was now, with a bunch of children, several thousand years younger than himself in both age and maturity. What were they but the kin and favorites of an childhood friend? How could ones so young complete this quest? No they would fail.
But if they failed, it would be his fault. He who was older and wiser should steer them for the straighter road to follow. He who had seen so much should help those who hadn't. He could have prevented that outburst in the cavern, he should have sensed the danger. The search for the sea jewel was in vain. They would plummet to their dooms as the dead nightingale had fallen into that abyss of darkness. The king's daughter! So fair and beautiful, like a morning flower, only to be snuffed out by the sun's cruel heat. The captain, brave and loyal, but he could not see what lay ahead. Ah, Bal, a true friend, but what was he hiding? How many lies had passed through that Elf's lips? They would fail, and fade into nothingness!

Sirian's head shot up, his eyes no longer their deep gray, but a glowing red. The sword had taken effect, it was winning. It would make them fail by tearing them apart, one by one.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I like it Cenor!

My Writing Goals:

-Live in NY City
-Go on book tour
-Knock James Patterson and Stephen King off of the NY Times bestseller list.
-Have someone from High School suck up to me because of my fame.
-Go on book tour with my best friend.
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
I like Sirian, Cenor. I feel sorry for the poor guy.
I still have to think about my writing goals! I definitely want to finish at least my historical romance (which I still have neglected for a long time since it's such a mess).
"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13, NIV I'm a fanfiction writer and appreciate reviews! Check me out at https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6434280/BlueberryMuffins76
Edhelharn
Council Member
Send Message
Ooh, dramatic prompt. You can see the conflict in him. I like it!

Writing goals:
- Finish my novel(s)
- Publish my novel(s)
- Write a certain crossover with a certain friend
- Get Scrivener
- Get more comfortable writing short stories
Image Image Love is the strongest force the world possesses - Mahatma Gandhi
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Those are all excellent goals, Edhelharn! I forgot to add two to mine:

-Obtain fangirls/fanboys
-Get a movie made for my book series.

PSK
Council Member
Send Message
Writing goals:
- Learn to write over 1 page
- Write three novels that are secure in the top 20 best pieces of literature of the 21st century, with at least one in the top 10
- Write a short story anthology that will sell for millions
- Make friends with the best authors, and have lavish parties
- Reject multiple movie offers because they can't do justice to the brilliance of the writing
- Write an autobiography that reads like a novel (so people don't get bored)
- Shut myself up in my latter years to create a sense of mystery, and work on my magnum opus.
- Half hide the manuscript, and have it found after my death and published en mass to critical acclaim from the entire world.

Should be achievable....

By the by, (not that anyone would have missed me but)I haven't been able to come on CoE much in the past few weeks, because I have a lot of stuff on so sorry for not commenting on anyones work so far and what not.

[Edited on 07/07/2015 by PSK]
"Tears unnumbered ye shall shed; and the Valar will fence Valinor against you, and shut you out, so that not even the echo of your lamentation shall pass over the mountains." ~ The Doom of Mandos
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
Maxie why would you want someone to suck up to you because of your fame?
Maybe because of your literary brilliance, but still...
"Tears unnumbered ye shall shed; and the Valar will fence Valinor against you, and shut you out, so that not even the echo of your lamentation shall pass over the mountains." ~ The Doom of Mandos
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Now I feel wishy-washy! I don't have that many clearly defined goals. However, I would like to:
-Rework my historical novel to where I can work on it for NaNoWriMo
-Publish said historical novel to sell at the place which inspired it, & perhaps other historical sites that want it
-Finish editing Part 3 of Mushu's & my miniseries by the end of this month
And as a bonus, this isn't really a goal but something I would enjoy: Figure out a way to publicize some of my best fanfictions legally (meaning besides on here and fanfiction.net), perhaps in a movie about Thranduil wherein I play the Elvenqueen
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
PSK, even as a young kid, I would get made fun of for reading, writing, and even the clothes I wear. I already had one girl suck up to me over Instagram because I am sharing quotes over that.

Speaking of which, I am doing promotional things over Instagram. If you would like to follow me there, my username is jsfisher98.

Also, I will be starting to do an email list soon, and if you would like to me added to it, let me know.

Happy news! I can cross one thing off of my list. I have gotten my first fangirl!

Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Congrats Maxie!

Goals...hmm...

Publish my sci fi novel
Establish my fantasy world with one or two published novels
Write more short stories
Perhaps publish some of the short stories
Have some people that love my books as much as I do a selected few (but not over Tolkien...everyone should love Tolkien best)
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Good goals; Cenor.

Prompt Number 51:

Find a song that describes your villain perfectly. Post the lyrics here. The rest if us will read the lyrics and tell you what we get out if the villain (looks, personality, backstory, role, etc.) From the lyrics.
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Oh neat! This is a great prompt! Now I have to find a villain...Perhaps the one in my romantic suspense will finally talk to me! I'm excited to see what everyone else comes up with.
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
After consulting with my coauthor, Cenor, I have located a song that fits the villain in our third installment of our miniseries. She gets full credit for writing this person. This song is called "Mack the Knife" & if you want to listen to it, I highly recommend either Frank Sinatra or Bobby Darin. I won't say the lyrics reflect his life "perfectly" but at the same time this is exactly the kind of guy he would have become had he lived longer.
"Oh, the shark, babe, has such teeth, dear
And it shows them pearly white
Just a jackknife has old Macheath, babe
And he keeps it, ah, out of sight
Ya know when that shark bites with his teeth, babe
Scarlet billows start to spread
Fancy gloves, oh, wears old Macheath, babe
So there's never, never a trace of red

Now on the sidewalk, huh, huh, whoo sunny morning, un huh
Lies a body just oozin' life, eek
And someone's sneakin' 'round the corner
Could that someone be Mack the Knife?

There's a tugboat, huh, huh, down by the river don'tcha know
Where a cement bag's just a'drooppin' on down
Oh, that cement is just, it's there for the weight, dear
Five'll get ya ten old Macky's back in town
Now d'ja hear 'bout Louie Miller? He disappeared, babe
After drawin' out all his hard-earned cash
And now Macheath spends just like a sailor
Could it be our boy's done somethin' rash?

Now Jenny Diver, ho, ho, yeah, Sukey Tawdry
Ooh, Miss Lotte Lenya and old Lucy Brown
Oh, the line forms on the right, babe
Now that Macky's back in town

I said Jenny Diver, whoa, Sukey Tawdry
Look out to Miss Lotte Lenya and old Lucy Brown
Yes, that line forms on the right, babe
Now that Macky's back in town.....

Look out, old Macky's back!!"
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Well I can't guess on Blue's because he is partially mine

But here is my song for my villian, "The Bloody Handed."

THE UNDISPUTED TRUTH
“Smiling Faces Sometimes”

Smiling faces sometimes pretend to be your friend
Smiling faces show no traces of the evil that lurks within
Smiling faces, smiling faces sometimes
They don’t tell the truth uh
Smiling faces, smiling faces
Tell lies and I got proof
The truth is in the eyes
Cause the eyes don’t lie, amen
Remember a smile is just
A frown turned upside down
My friend let me tell you
They don’t tell the truth, uh
Beware, beware of the handshake
That hides the snake
I’m telling you beware
Beware of the pat on the back
It just might hold you back
Jealousy (jealousy)
Misery (misery)
Envy
I tell you, you can’t see behind smiling faces
Smiling faces sometimes they don’t tell the truth
They don’t tell the truth
(Smiling faces, smiling faces sometimes)
(Smiling faces, smiling faces sometimes)
I’m telling you beware, beware of the handshake
That hides the snake
Listen to me now, beware
Beware of that pat on the back
It just might hold you back
They don’t tell the truth
Your enemy won’t do you no harm
Cause you’ll know where he’s coming from
Don’t let the handshake and the smile fool ya
Take my advice I’m only try’ to school ya
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Blue, it seems like he has been betrayed before, and by a girl. I read him as dark haired, it just seemed right. He also doesn't seem angry at all, just cooly nonchalant.

Cenor, I love that song. Your character definitely seems angry and full of angst; slow to react and quick to anger. I can't really pull up a face for him because his personality seems so guarded.

Here is my song.

"Second Chance", Shinedown

My eyes are open wide
And by the way,
I made it through the day
I watched the world outside
By the way,
I'm leaving out today

I just saw Halley's comet
She waved
Said, "Why you always running in place?"
Even the man in the moon disappeared
Somewhere in the stratosphere

[Chorus]
Tell my mother,
Tell my father
I've done the best I can
To make them realize
This is my life
I hope they understand
I'm not angry, I'm just saying...
Sometimes goodbye is a second chance

Please don't cry one tear for me
I'm not afraid
Of what I have to say
This is my one and only voice
So listen close,
It's only for today

I just saw Halley's comet
She waved
Said, "Why you always running in place?"
Even the man in the moon disappeared
Somewhere in the stratosphere

[Chorus]
Tell my mother,
Tell my father
I've done the best I can
To make them realize
This is my life
I hope they understand

Here's my chance
This is my chance

Tell my mother,
Tell my father
I've done the best I can
To make them realize
This is my life
I hope they understand

[2x]
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
BTW-my villain is one of those smiling faces.

Hmmm...Maxie..

I see a character that has not fully delved into the villain's world. S/he has done a minor crime and has returned home only to find it not the same. S/he wants an adventure, s/he wants to leave the criticism s/he is receiving silently. Only s/he is taking the wrong road, back towards villainy. I think the setting this character is in, is on the edge of a small town looking at the place they once called home, then turning their back and leaving.
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Good assumptions, Maxie! I think of him as more mentally unstable than anything. He's pretty angry though.
(I already know who Cenor is talking about, just in case you wonder why I don't comment on hers!)
Maxie, I see your character as being ready to die, thinking she (I definitely think it's a girl!) has done her best. She doesn't seem like that much of a villain, like Mushu already pointed out here.
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Update! I got through the first round of editing the 3rd part of Mushu's & my miniseries!!!! I still need to go through it at least a couple more times, but it's getting there. At least it's divided into chapters now. I still just have male MC's but hopefully soon I will get a female in there (or else just work on Life of Haldir, getting the bugs out of his relationship!).
But I still haven't opened my historical fic. I'd better get onto that soon if I want to be able to write more in November!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Hey guys; sorry I haven't been here.

Cenor and Blue, both of your assumptions are correct, but only for the backstory of my antagonist.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Prompt Number 52

Write a scene from the perspective of your antagonist.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
I'm late to the party for the last prompt, but I have an original work to add for it. This is for a novel I have started working on entitled Light Bringers.

Beware the Dragon's Eyes

I am Lord of Blackness
Keeper of the Night
When I find your weakness
I'll stomp out your spark of light

Beware the Dragon,
Beware the Dragon's eyes

Come to me, little fly
Be tangled in my web of fear
I'll laugh when you scream and cry
And there is none to hear

Beware the Dragon,
Beware the Dragon's lies

Be careful where you tread...
You'll stumble in the dark
And fall into a serpent's bed

Beware the Dragon
Beware the Dragon's might

There is nowhere to hide
From the Dragon,
Beware the Dragon's eyes

[Edited on 07/13/2015 by Eruwestiel_Evensong]
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Song, that is super good! It fits so well with your idea that we talked about when we Skyped.
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
I like it, Song! It's very dark & I don't care for poetry unless it's in song; I could see this being a really awesome theme song for something!
This shall be a useful prompt if I can find a good antagonist! I realized the other day I don't usually have character antagonists (they seem to more have non-concrete things that keep them from their goals, like fears) & definitely don't do their perspective often.
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Update day! Not much to tell except I felt guilty about having to kill someone off (and thankfully already wrote his death scene a while back!), so I wrote a very short survival fanfic for him.
I do have a question: in Life of Haldir (whether you have read it or not), what do you think about Haldir having a romantic interest? Most people I've asked have told me to go for it, but I have had one person tell me not to do it. But I think no matter what he will have one because I'm the type who likes to add RI OC's, as you well know lol
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
I asked a coworker (who is as much of if not more of a hopeless romantic as I am!) about Haldir, & she told me "Everyone should have a romantic interest!" I think I'd already asked that question but didn't get that much of a response. So far I've only received one blatant "No" but everyone else has said either yes or that it could be interesting so go for it. Now I need to decide if they should have kids after they're married or not...Right now, I'm thinking no children.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I think the children idea will work only if you are planning a very long fic. It takes Elves, from conception to birth, a year to be born.
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
This is definitely a very long one! It will be at least 30 chapters, I expect (at least I'm hoping! It depends on how I do things). I just don't think that Haldir is the father type, & his girl is, er, interesting.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I am so sorry that I have been neglecting the CoE. I am enrolled in a very rigorous summer class, and to top it off, Lily, my yellow lab shepherd mix, had to be put down due to Stage Four stomach cancer. But I will try to be on here and complete prompts, participate in games, and the like. New prompt tomorrow at ten AM!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Prompt Number 53:

What is the backstory for your antagonist? Write a scene.
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
So sorry to hear about your dog, Maxie. Great prompt! Hard to keep moving, but it sounds like you're doing your best. Virtual hugs to you and your family in this difficult time.
<< First4142434445Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email