Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Huldah, YESYESYESYES! Funny thing is, I posted beofre running on in here and had Aliyah run into Raegan as she turned to run away after Merenor excersized his "loose morals."

Eldarion, once again, same situation with you. It appears that raegan will be taking a strond dislike to Merenor, and you can go ahead and either continue that dislike back or do...whatever. I am super excited about how this is turning out!

Also, I have been hinting at it before in my posts, but I wanted to clarify that Scar is pretty much Raegan's idol. She wants to be just like Scar, and that is allowing her to come out of her shell a bit.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
Great post! I like where this is going and I'm itching to post again! Merenor is going to be wonderfully devious...

I'll post once I get home in about 7 hours, so hopefully Arveleg posts in that time. If anyone hears from him let me know and I'll wait!
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
I'm considering writing myself out of the tale as I wont be able to keep up after this week. Work has me too busy and I still cant log in from home, and I'll be on a Christmas holiday. I did get a post in now though.

[Edited on 12/16/2013 by Arveleg]
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
Well, I am at a point where I could easily write off Merenor. He has served as a good antagonist and I enjoyed the responses and I like everyone's input, but it will be difficult to influence and push the plot along without heavily godmodding from my character's perspective.

So, in which case Arveleg does decide to write his character out, I will do so as well. Assuming everyone is still interested in the thread I'll create another character to inject into the story. If you do think you'll stay in the thread Arveleg, I may consider just working Merenor back in, maybe even as a permanent antagonist of sorts. Or I'll just have two characters!
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Well, I don't want to quash the great progress that is going here, but I really can't keep up coming to a site where I can't post to during my writing time at home. I'm rather disillusioned at this point since I've posted in the fix-it threads, messaged mods, messaged Rivka which was the main answer I got from my queries, all from using something that was a feature in the reply box. So as much as I enjoy writing in this tale, I wont be able to for 3 weeks, which will likely put me way off with the timeline. I'll try to get another post in before the week is done.
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
What exactly is the nature of your login issue? I'm not sure how often Rivka looks into these issues lately.

What browser are you using at home vs. at work?
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Oh what a sad new... I really hope they fix that issue so you can rejoin us later.

Eldarion, it's a great escape. I'm finding a way so Scarlett can run away.. Your new character could appear in the boat.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Oh what a sad new... I really hope they fix that issue so you can rejoin us later.

Eldarion, it's a great escape. I'm finding a way so Scarlett can run away.. Your new character could appear in the boat.
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
Assur, son of Azzadal
Height: 6'2"
Family: His mother, Aela, who had spent her remaining years in the ownership of an Ithilien inn and a sister who assists in it's upkeep. Father long since deceased.

Personality: A man typically of few words and more facade than anything. He is a true neutral party, having little to no affiliations from a life of independence and morality established through a society of honest trade.

Appearance: A man of lordly stature and dark complexion with the seasoned limbs of one who has spent much of their lifetime scrounging a living from the forests of Middle-earth. Able-bodied from a lifetime of strenuous labor. Piercing, steel-grey eyes common of those from Dol Amroth and a head of neatly cropped black hair.

History:
Though a man of Dol Amroth, Assur spent the majority his late adolescent and early adult years in the villages at the foot of Amon Din. His family was cast out of the South Gondor city due to massive political upheaval shortly after Imrahil’s rule came to an end. They escaped the economic hardship of Dol Amroth and found themselves unwelcome in the hamlets surrounding Minas Tirith. Many long weeks of travel brought them to the Druadan Forest on the northern slopes of the White Mountains. Here they lived amongst the towns that had sprouted up at the foot of Amon Din where trade with Gondor and Rohan consisted almost strictly of game and cattle. In the few years after their settlement, Assur’s father Azzadel was stricken with disease and passed in winter. Already his father’s estate had dwindled due to their coin being worth so little, as the villages and towns of Anorien relied more on commodities and other goods for bartering rather than the traditional means of currency in much of Gondor. Necessity drove him into the forests to utilize what little talent with a weapon he had. Necessity seasoned his fingertips and made him patient with a bow. Through multiple winters he honed his skills in the name of survival for his family. It soon became a profession, along with selling his abilities as a tracker.

Soon hunters began to encroach on the land of the Druedain, or ‘Woses’ as they were often referred to, which caused an uneasy tension with the forest dwellers. Assur, like many of the hunters in the Amon Din villages, respected the Woses and did not delve too deeply into the wood. Those who did not cease the invasion of Druedain territories soon began to disappear mysteriously. Before long, wild game, too, began to disappear from the woods, leaving the settlement at Amon Din a failure. In the wake of this, Assur took his talents and his family to the new settlement at Ithilien under Prince Faramir. Being that hunting was already a successful venture in the hills of East Gondor, it was necessary for one to diversify their abilities and before long Assur had taken to the Great River on a small craft purchased with proceeds from his efforts.
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
Okay, above is my new character setup. Figured I could just have him provide the boat!
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
I gave Scar an out to escape as I took Khaloch out of the scene for a while. Maybe he'll return in the new year if my login get worked out.

I wrote in a bit where could be issues for boats passing by Minas Tirith as well. Either way, I'll be able to read along over the holidays.

Eldarion,

here is the issue as I have sent to Dolwen and Rivka...

"Denied access by Sucuri (ip blacklisted). Please contact the site owner to get it re-opened. Your IP address: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX"

It all started a month ago when I was going to share a youtube video. I clicked on the 'Youtube' icon at the top of the reply box and embedded the video. When I tried to post, it didn't post and I got the above message. I get the above message every time I try to log in at home. I've given up anyone on this site doing anything about it. Doesn't seem like the powers that be really care much about this site like they used to. I'm going to attempt to get my IP reset when I update my cable modem next week, and I may get a different dynamic IP address from my provider. If so, I'll get back in earlier. If not, I'll be posting erratically from work. Until then, Don't wait for my posts.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
So sorry I havent been here. I hope your issue is resolved! I go now to post!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Ithilwen Tindomerel
Council Member
Send Message
Post Hello!
on: December 17, 2013 06:44
Hi everyone, arveleg has allowed me to join the RP after a PM conversation. I will be hopefully posting my character bio here in a few days. I've already read your RP and it is wonderfully written, with fascinating characters. Will it be alright if I add in potentially more than one character? My first OC will be an elleth from Imladris, but I have an idea for a human character as well.
~ Member Of the Realm of Varda ~
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Mae govannen Ithilwen Tindomerel! I myself think your characters would be a nice addition, but being I’m going to be in the background for a while, it's up to Eldarion as the owner of this RP. The final call would be up to him, but he is a nice guy …

[Edited on 12/18/2013 by Arveleg]
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
I'll admit I am stumped as well, Arveleg. Unusual for the website to blacklist your IP address for using a feature included in the posting system. But I'm sure resetting it will remedy! I certainly hope so.

And feel free to join Ithilwen! Good to have you on board! You may RP as many characters as you feel comfortable with and jump in at will. Our characters may be leaving Osgiliath soon, though!

Speaking of which, I just posted to introduce my new character into the plot, as well as giving everyone else a good avenue for escape!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Please join! I will go post now, and see how far we get to escaping. Eldarion, would it be alright if Raegan has a bit of distrust towards your new character Assur? She trusted Khaloch because he helped her, and now, with a new person in on the travels, I feel like there needs to be a bit of inner conflict.

Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Good news! Rivka said my IP should be clear now. I'll have to test it when I get home, but if all is well, I'll be able to write some over the holidays.!
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
HUZZAH! Rivka to the rescue!

That means we will be expecting an epic return of Khaloch!
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
He's just being 'detained' for now. If the boat goes downstream and stops in Minas Tirith, maybe Khaloch will be there. I'll work a side story to run concurrent for a bit as I'll still be away some for the holidays.
Ithilwen Tindomerel
Council Member
Send Message
Post My OC!
on: December 18, 2013 07:56
Essi (given name): Ithilwen “moon-maiden”
Amilessë (mother-name): xxxx May be given later on, as this name is only revealed to family and close friends
Epessë (nickname, given later in life): Morfinniel “dark-haired daughter”

Race: Eldar (Father of Sindar and Noldor descent from Imladris, mother Sindar and Nandor from Lórien)
Father: Thandir Celebtegil (“Shield-man [of the] Silver Pen”), a scholar in Lord Elrond’s court
Mother: Lalwen Tinuilos (“Laughter, Ever-white [flower] of Evening”)
Age: 2600 (approaching adulthood; as Arwen was 2710 when she met Aragorn) Since Tolkien has said that one “year” in the reckoning of the Eldar is about 144 human years, Ithilwen is equivalently about 18 in Elven years.
Height: 5’ 10”
Weapons: Bow and arrows from Lorien, dagger.
Appearance: Tall in comparison with some humans, but relatively normal for an elf. Fair-skinned face of refined, oval shape, with the deep-set gray eyes of the Noldor. Well-formed nose and firm, decisively set lips. Shoulder-length black hair kept loose around the shoulders, with braids over the ears tied back with a silver clasp. It is wavy and has a tendency to become unruly over time, curling slightly when wet.
Location: Born in Imladris (Rivendell), lived in Lórien for most of her later life. Traveling to Gondor to further her studies, she is making a stop in Osgiliath after visiting relatives in Ithilien.
History: Her love of music began from her early years in Imladris, listening to the elves sing hymns to Varda (or Elbereth in Sindarin), guardian of the stars. Her parents met in Lórien while her father was on assignment from Lord Elrond, and moved to Imladris. She was sent back to her mother’s people because of the siege of Rivendell by the Witch-King of Angmar (T.A. 1409).
Raised in Lórien by her mother and grandparents, she acquired the epessë Morfinniel, since dark hair is unusual among the Sindar and Silvan elves of that region. She has been tutored in playing the harp since childhood and also loves studying the books of ancient lore found in her homeland.Ithilwen is fascinated by the study of the languages and history of Arda. She is proficient in several scripts beside the Tengwar and Cirth (runes), and has read all there is in the libraries of Lórien on the languages and customs of the different races in Arda. Despite being secluded in Lórien for most of her life, she wishes to travel and see more of the outside world.
After the War of the Ring, she traveled to Minas Tirith for the coronation of King Elessar with her parents and was amazed by the extensive archives there. There, she was reunited with her father for the first time in many years, since he had been away in Rivendell aiding Lord Elrond during the War. Currently her parents and siblings reside in Ithilien, with the settlement of Elves led by Prince Legolas. Though her parents wish for her to sail West with them in a few years, she has decided to remain behind for a longer period. She does not understand why so many of the Eldar should desire to leave Middle-Earth, when there is so much to learn and experience, even though the Age of Men is at hand and the time of the Eldar is fading. Currently she is making a study of the history of the kingdoms of Men, and has an invitation from a relative who was in the service of Queen Arwen to live and study in Gondor for a time. However, she is not so sure if she would prefer quiet existence in this well-populated kingdom to more adventures in the Wild.

[Edited on 12/19/2013 by Ithilwen Tindomerel]

[Edited on 12/19/2013 by Ithilwen Tindomerel]
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
I have a brief post up now. It is a bit shorter than I usually prefer, but it should be enough to give everyone something to work with.

I introduced your character Ithilwen without taking much control, hope you don't mind! Just placed your character conveniently at the dock at the same time we were leaving. I read that your character is going to Gondor, which is the direction I thought we might head. I'm still working out our ultimate destination but that seems as good as any for now!

[Edited on 12/19/2013 by Eldarion]
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Just wanted to mention that Aliyah has not really had an introduction to any of the characters, I don't think anyone even knows her name yet. Perhaps in the next few posts that can be addressed.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Yaay!
Khaloch back and another character!
I'll wait until tomorrow to post again. About Ithilwen, she maybe know Scarlett since she was a baby, because, after all, she belongs to nobility of Minas Tirith.

Just one doubt, since this is the end of Aragorn's reign, it means Eldarion will have sons by now and, maybe, grandsons. Scarlett's father, Seth, is supposed to be Eldarion's son. Do you find it impossible?
Ithilwen Tindomerel
Council Member
Send Message
Ella, to answer your question about Captain Seth, here are some dates for Aragorn Elessar and Eldarion:
King Elessar was born in TA (Third Age) 2931, and was crowned in TA 3019, making him 88 years old. His son Eldarion was born 22 years later, in Fo.A (Fourth Age) 20, when Aragorn was 108 years old. Eldarion did not succeed to the throne until he was 100, in Fo.A 120, which is a year after the events in Fog of Osgiliath begin. Aragorn's father, Arathorn II, was 58 when Aragorn was born (and that was considered quite young) so I suppose it is possible that Eldarion has children at around 98 years of age. What I am not sure of is whether he is old enough to have grandchildren. Assuming Eldarion had a son, Seth at 50 years of age, Seth would be only 49. Since Scarlett is 23, Seth would have had to be 26 when she was born, which is uncommonly young for the men of Numenor.
Hope this helps!
And yes, I think that would be a great idea to have Scarlett and Ithilwen be friends.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks for the summary of years Ithilwen Tindomerel! I was thinking it would be a bit of a reach for grandchildren at the time, but a possibility that Eldarion (character, not writer ) may have been a bit of a royal "player" and maybe became a father rather young. Being this is a "Tolkien-related" RP and little of canonical nature was written by Tolkien of this time, I'd say it could be conceivable that Seth is Eldarion's son in the scope of this tale. Just my 2¢ on the matter.

Edit: And I'm home and can log in for the first time in a month!

[Edited on 12/19/2013 by Arveleg]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
YAY ARVELEG!

I go now to post, so glad this is picking up! That sounds like great canon, too.
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
Canon is very flexible for us, thankfully. I'd still like to use some canonical events for our own purposes. Maybe we could end Aragon's reign a bit early with some plague?

Also, I think I'm going to have Assur stop at Minas Tirith to resupply so our characters can continue to mingle and Khaloch can escape! After that, I'm thinking we continue down river (probably fleeing guards and plague again) and we will see how things unfold. I like a bit of spontaneity!
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
IF Khaloch escapes and manages to get on the river boat, he does know his way around Pelargir.... just say'n
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
That would be a good choice, Arveleg. We can explore Pelargir and get into some trouble, of course!

Quick post everyone, relatively short, apologies. Wanted to squeeze something quick in at work so no one forgets I'm still here! We can take some more posts getting to know one another before we land at Minas Tirith. If a few of you get a chance to post in the next few hours I'll try for something more substantial tonight.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Good thoughts, everyone. Sorry for the short post, Im incredibly busy!
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Apologies for the book-chapter-sized post. I get to tale-building and forget how big they get. Not sure of the speed of the boat downriver, but if the boat stops in Minas Tirith, or maybe on the other side of the river in Ithilien, Kheloch would be able to meet up later in the next day.
Ithilwen Tindomerel
Council Member
Send Message
Great writing! Keep up the nice tale-building; I like it! The plot thickens with Khaloch in Minas Tirith - is his new "assignment" from Captain Seth something to do with finding Lady Scarlett?

[Edited on 12/21/2013 by Ithilwen Tindomerel]
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
I've not actually thought that far ahead and just quickly wrote that last bit in to end the post. It may remain a mystery and be something I can work with later on. I was also debating with myself on bringing in another character at some point.
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
I'll get a post in later this evening. I've a bit of drama planned for the stop at Minas Tirith and then I expect we will stop across the river near Emyn Arnen and there we can catch up with Khaloch.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
.... if that's where he is at the time .... I'll see how the posts read .
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email