Welcome Guest 

Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
oh, yeah, they have to get Halt perfect. Is any one else thinking Viggo for that part?? It's also just my lack of knowledge about superstars..
Image "We all change when you think about it. We're all different people all through out our lives. And that's okay. That's good. You gotta keep moving so long as you remember all the people that you used to be." -- The 11th Doctor
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
No. Halt is not Viggo. Halt is Halt, and nobody can play him.

And while RA is listed on IMDb, there is no information on it. So it is very unlikely that they are actually making the movie currently.

I still remain adamant, though...No RA movie for me, thank you very much!! I can just see them absolutely ruining it, like they did with Percy Jackson. Okay, Percy Jackson is one of my favorite series. But they totally demolished the the books in the movies. I mean, really? Annabeth looked horrible. And Grover?? *crumples into ball and begins to lose all faith in humanity* I haven't even watched them, and I don't think I want to. I saw the trailer, the list of actors, and heard what my cousin's thoughts on the matter. That's about enough for me...I'll stick to the books.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Jedi Knight Elrohir Sparrow
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah. But I think if they pick an actor for Halt it would have to be Biggie Mortensen. But yeah I'm skeptically about this whole thing too because they already abandoned it once. They'll probably totally ruin it though.
"A time may come soon, when none will return. Then there will be need of valour without renown, for none shall remember the deeds that are done in the last defence of your homes. Yet the deeds will not be less valiant because they are unpraised." --Aragorn, Return of the King, pg. 767
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Don't lose hope!

Okay if they ruin it I will personally run up to Hollywood and yell at the producer.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
That's true. They could ruin the books with the movies, kinda like the Hobbit. But I think it would be cool to have RA movies... but what about a tv show or series?? Like if the cut each book in half and made each half an episode?? But my fear is with them doing anything with RA is that they'll blow all the love stories out of proportion and they'll add a bunch of demonic witch-craft in it or something.
Image "We all change when you think about it. We're all different people all through out our lives. And that's okay. That's good. You gotta keep moving so long as you remember all the people that you used to be." -- The 11th Doctor
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah. Ill send a really nasty letter to the producer if they do that. I mean only language an angry Halt would use.
"A time may come soon, when none will return. Then there will be need of valour without renown, for none shall remember the deeds that are done in the last defence of your homes. Yet the deeds will not be less valiant because they are unpraised." --Aragorn, Return of the King, pg. 767
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Ooh! Ooh! I know!

I will find a moat and throw the producer in it if he gets it wrong!
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! That's perfect, Cenor!! And Ill provide some alligators!! *sneaky glance*
Council Member
Send Message
*picks up producer and throws him into the moat* *looks innocent* What?
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
wow Ro, you didn't waste a second did you. They haven't even made it yet!!
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Wait just a minute! RO! That's my job!
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFlpUHt3pwU

Here's a fan made trailer for RA put together from several different movies. It's really cool, but of course none of the characters are Will or Halt.
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah I've seen that trailer. It is cool isn't it??
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Yes I was watching some actor prediction videos for RA the only one I really liked was Erek. Has anyone seen How to Train Your Dragon? If so I keep hearing Gobber's voice when I read Svengal's lines.
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
That was a cool trailer. I haven't seen HtTYD in a long time....

@ Cenor like your avatar and your new Sig!
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah Cenotaphs not sure if you're on it but there's a virtual sleepover under The Prancing Pony and were watching How to train your dragon. Thought you might wanna know. Unless you're already doing it...ok saw some cast predictions too. Cant say I agree with them though.
Council Member
Send Message
Oops sorry Cenor the stupid spellcheck on this Kindle made me spell your name wrong. And I really like your avatar. GO WILL!!
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Yes I'm in the Ranger-Wanderer phase. My sigs will be related I'm sure. I'm not sure I could give up Will...maybe for Jesper.
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
Jesper?? Is he from Brother Band?? Will is awesome, but my favorite character is still Gilan.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Yes he is . I imagine Gilan with an "I dare you" expression sometimes.
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah Jesper!!! Will is awesome but he'd better step it up if he wants to match Jes.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
What's my thing with thieves? So how about doing in depth character discussions on characters?
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
Sure, I love in-depth conversations!! which character do you guys want to talk about??
Council Member
Send Message
ARAGORN!! Oh wait wrong fandom. HALT!! Or Jesper or...or...
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Will? Since he is the MC...
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
Okay, Will it is then!! Having lost both his parents how do you think that affected his character? I mean obviously if he had at least one parent still living then he wouldn't have become a Ranger's Apprentice and there for we would have the series, but how does that affect him?? Like not only did he climb high up in the trees cause he was good at it or cause we wanted to get away from Horace but perhaps it's was a psychological thing of really getting away from him problems and the world he lived in.
Okay, so I think it might have said that in the book. and that's not as deep as I wanted to go, but it's like really late, like 10:30 late, and ill do better after my really in-depth lit class tomorrow.
Council Member
Send Message
Hmmm...good point Elf.I mean really technically Wil did kinda have a "parent". Cause Halt was looking after him all along and then after he became an apprentice Halt was like his dad. *sigh* that is so sweet.
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
That is sweet. But I was talking before that, and Will didn't know Halt was looking after him.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I will have to think on that one, Elfie.

Will is better than Jesper. Elfie, don't listen to anything they say! Will. Is. More. Awesome. Seriously though...he is. Halt is my favorite, and Will and Gilan and Crowley are all awesome, too...and...oh bother. I have so many favorites.

Also, how about we just leave Jesper in the BB discussion thread? I mean, this thread is for RA, not BB...and unless I miss my guess, Elfie hasn't read BB yet. Don't want to give her any spoilers, now do we?
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message

Will was adopted!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I love that picture, Cenor!
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
I am loving this Ranger's Apprentice page on Facebook!
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
OH MY GOSH!! Cenor that it awesome, love'n it!! Yes, MarethvI haven't read BB yet. I have the first book though, so STOPAKING REFRENCES TO BB CAUSE I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT!! *glares at Ro*
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Haha Ro gets the glare and not me! Okay back to Will:

What is his character? Do you think losing his parents affected his emotions or his self confidence?
Council Member
Send Message
No WILL IS NOT MORE AWESOME THAN JESPER! Umm...actually be might be...okay anyways Elfie it's not my fault you won't read it. okay okay fine. Jesper! Back to the BB forum you go! No. No but's. This is not your fandom. Now get! *takes him back to BB forum* okay.now...Oh yes. Will.
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email