Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First23456Last >>
Author Topic:
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
I think it definitely affected his character and his confidence. It was probably really difficult without a dad to show him how to be a man, and a mom to ya know. So think that was a definite factor. He probably felt really insecure, especially not knowing his last name.
Image "We all change when you think about it. We're all different people all through out our lives. And that's okay. That's good. You gotta keep moving so long as you remember all the people that you used to be." -- The 11th Doctor
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
I think...if I were Will...I would have made a last name for myself.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
Definitely...my problem would be...which name to use.
Image "We all change when you think about it. We're all different people all through out our lives. And that's okay. That's good. You gotta keep moving so long as you remember all the people that you used to be." -- The 11th Doctor
Jedi Knight Elrohir Sparrow
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah. He might have imagined a last name for himself.
"A time may come soon, when none will return. Then there will be need of valour without renown, for none shall remember the deeds that are done in the last defence of your homes. Yet the deeds will not be less valiant because they are unpraised." --Aragorn, Return of the King, pg. 767
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
What would be a fitting last name for Will that he could have invented for himself....and nobody say Smith!!!
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
And not Turner! Perhaps Ashton...

Totally off subject, but, I'm not sure if Ro or Elfie would have any interest, but what about we open a Ranger's Apprentice Role Play in the non Tolkien forum?
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
That would be awesome!!! What's role play?? Turner. That's a good one. Ashton is good, what about....I don't know. I'm drawing a blank.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
No Turner is absolutely bad!

A Role Play is a story or a game written by several people. You have characters that you play and a story line. Ummmm...one I thought of is Two (or more) Rangers are sent to investigate an uprising in (inserts name of country) but it turns out that it is the government and not the uprising that is in the wrong. Each of us would have characters and write what they are feeling, doing, or saying.

Does that make any sense? I play them often and yet I can't find a good description.
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
That sounds really fun!! Lets do it!!

Why is Turner bad?? Besides the fact that it's already taken.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
1. Same reason you don't want Smith.

2. Turner is a traitor in a book I've read.

3. Turner is a really bad guy in a book I'm writing.

So any suggestions on a story line?
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
Wow, that's a lot of reasons. Yeah, maybe he should pick another name.

Hummmm.....what about something really politically?? Or not. give me a minute.
Council Member
Send Message
I wanna join the RP!! Censor there's just one flaw in your plot. Remember what Halt said "One riot, one ranger."
"A time may come soon, when none will return. Then there will be need of valour without renown, for none shall remember the deeds that are done in the last defence of your homes. Yet the deeds will not be less valiant because they are unpraised." --Aragorn, Return of the King, pg. 767
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
GUYS!! Stop spoiling things for me!!! I'm only on book 5. That I just ordered from the library. But let's do this!!
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
And I think our really in-depth conversation just went out the door.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
What about an Apprentice....Gilan's apprentice and the Ranger himself?
Council Member
Send Message
Gilan's apprentice...? That must be in book 12 cause Ive never heard of him. But I think Gilan could not get any awesomer. I mean...WOW HES SO COOL!!
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
GILAN IS AWESOME!!! Who's Gilan's apprentice?? That sounds like a good idea.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Uh no Flanagan didn't make a apprentice for Gilan but we could.

What country? Preferable somewhere with a forest or wood.
Council Member
Send Message
Wait what country for the RP? Sorry I'm really slow and WHY THE HECK DID THE RADIO STATION JUST WISH EVERYONE A MERRY CHRISTMAS?!
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
Ro please stay on topic!!

Sounds good Cenor. What about....I don't know all the countries for RA. The only one I really know is Skandia. That has lots of woods, right??
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Magyara, Alpina, or Aslava might be good. There are no woods on the map but we can make them up. Besides Flanagan hasn't used them yet.
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
I like Aslava best, just by how it sounds. Alpina sounds good. I think its probably best if we use one of those cause there's not already a history for them that we've heard of. It would avoid any clashing with the original. I'm supper excited!!
Council Member
Send Message
You're "supper" excited, Elfie? I like Aslava. I really like Magyara,too. That's fun. What about Sonderland and Teutlandt? Flanagan is always mentioning them but they're never really "in" the books.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Haha I like Aslava as well! The good thing about these countries is that they have no history and no spoilers for some of us here....

Anyways characters:

Gilan-Mareth

Gilan's apprentice (insert name)-Elfie

Halt's niece (inserts name)- Ro

Insurgents leader (insert name)-Do you guys mind if I play him?

+ more characters

[Edited on 12/04/2014 by Cenor]

[Edited on 12/05/2014 by Cenor]
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I had no idea this was going on! Can I join?! Please????
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Of course Mareth!

So while I'm waiting for Ro and Elfie to pick characters...I will suggest some RP titles.

Silent Shadows

Fight for Freedom

Flying Arrows

Mission to Aslava

Rangers and Insurgents

These are just suggestions and everyone is free to offer some as well.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks!!

I would want to be Gilan's apprentice...but I think more than just me wants that, and Elfie and Ro were here first, so they should pick who they want first. I told my newly converted RA fan sisters about this RP, and they want to join, too. Eruwestiel volunteered to be Gilan's wife. She was mostly kidding...I think.

Before we go picking a title...what will the story line and the purpose of this RP be? I think we should base the title off the story, personally. Although, I must say, those first two titles are pretty awesome!

Whatever you guys want is fine by me. I'll try to think of a title to suggest...however, I doubt I'll be able to think of anything nearly as awesome as Cenor's titles!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Council Member
Send Message
Okay Ill pick a character...ummmm...okay. I know...wait no I cant do her because. I would be spoiling something for Elfie. *glares* Kay hold on let me think a sec...Well while I think what is our plot gonna be? We could do like...hmmm...how about something with Genovesans? I like those guys. (PS. Elvis the Genovesans are highly trained assassins) okay can I be Will's apprentice? I mean can we scratch Maddie out of the equation for now? If its not okay with you guys that's fine.
Council Member
Send Message
Okay one more thing. This is gonna make me sound really stupid but what's an insurgent? And if you guys don't want me to be Will's Apprentice can I be ELFIE YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO SUFFER A MINOR SPOILER HERE BECAUSE I REALLY WANNA BE THIS PERSON. Can I be Halt's niece? I mean you know how Caitlyn had Sean, well what if she had a daughter?
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
Wow, okay. I'm fine with whatever you guys want to do. I like Silent Shadow, and Fight for Freedom. Those are pretty awesome. I'm not sure who I wanna be. You guys can pick and Ill just take what's left.

Btw Faith book just came in!!#I just need to pick it up.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
*slaps Ro's wrist* Shame Ro spoiling a good book!

Okay Ro I am going to say no to Will's apprentice...because...I ABSOLUTLY LOVE THE IDEA OF HALT'S NIECE!

Okay so does Elfie need to be Gilan or Gilan's apprentice?

An Insurgent is a rebellion against a government.

Uhhh Ro you called your sister Elvis lol

Genovesans? Uh maybe. Who do they want to kill?
Council Member
Send Message
Yep. I like Halts niece a lot better too. Okay everybody that's my pick.
Oh okay thanks for explaining that.
Sorry Elfie. This stupid spellcheck...
Anyways um....I dunno. I just really like Genovesans. Maybe they were hired to kill King Duncan and we caught wind of it and graceless to Aslava where they(he peeps who wanna kill the king) are headquartered. And then we have to hunt them down or something.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Ooh or let them try to kill Gilan when the govener realizes that Gilan joins the Insurgents? By the way I think the apprentice needs to be new so Maybe the Insurgents catch him?
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
Would it be okay if I was Gilan's Apprentice???

That plot sounds good Cenor, but Ro and I aren't exactly sure what you mean.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Wait, you guys are going to fast her...what niece does Halt have?! I do not recall this ever being mentioned!!

I think they should go after Gilan, not Duncan...the latter is always a target. I think we should have a new target this time.

I volunteer to be Gilan...only, I don't think I can do him justice. :/

What do you not understand, Elfie?
<< First23456Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email