Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First45678
Author Topic:
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah, Genovesans are bad guys.

I think we have our basic plan ready. Cenor, would you like to start an OOC? Or did you already do that and I didn't realize it?
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Drum-roll please!

...dum du du dum dum...

Here it is!

http://www.councilofelrond.com/forum/thread/37180/
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
*in sing-songy voice* AWESOME!!
Image "We all change when you think about it. We're all different people all through out our lives. And that's okay. That's good. You gotta keep moving so long as you remember all the people that you used to be." -- The 11th Doctor
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Yay!! Checking it out now!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
So I'm not sure how the RPimg would start......
Image "We all change when you think about it. We're all different people all through out our lives. And that's okay. That's good. You gotta keep moving so long as you remember all the people that you used to be." -- The 11th Doctor
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
If it is alright with all you lovely people, I believe Cenor and I will be writing a joint post to start us off. Sound good?
Jedi Knight Elrohir Sparrow
Council Member
Send Message
Yup!
"A time may come soon, when none will return. Then there will be need of valour without renown, for none shall remember the deeds that are done in the last defence of your homes. Yet the deeds will not be less valiant because they are unpraised." --Aragorn, Return of the King, pg. 767
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
Perfect!!
elfmaiden77
Council Member
Send Message
Okay, ill have to say im really confused. I love rangers apprentice, but what is every body doing?????? ;(
Council Member
Send Message
Oh we're doing an RP. We were just about to start.
"A time may come soon, when none will return. Then there will be need of valour without renown, for none shall remember the deeds that are done in the last defence of your homes. Yet the deeds will not be less valiant because they are unpraised." --Aragorn, Return of the King, pg. 767
elfmaiden77
Council Member
Send Message
Can i join? I'll be the third Genovesan. Can we switch things up, and I be a girl with the name Abrielle?
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Whoa, a female Genovesan? That is a very odd mental image you've given me.

But welcome! It's perfectly fine with me if you want to join in. As far as a I know it's still open to new people joining in. Here's the OOC thread Cenor started: http://www.councilofelrond.com/forum/thread/37180/page/1/ See you around!
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome, Cupcake! *yeah I call all the newbies cupcake. Unless your name really is cupcake...
Anyways, I'm always happy to meet a fellow Genovesan!
elfmaiden77
Council Member
Send Message
Cool. Is it really that weird to be a girl Genovesan? I think it might be interesting...
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
its too bad I can't/ don't' know how to rp other wise I would join you guys. These books are really good. Only read the 1st one but I own the first two.
What herb heals all wounds? Thyme! Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes! Sprinkles are for winners
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Hey Elfmaiden77 & Autistic cupcake!

Elf- I like the idea of a girl Genovesan! She would be suspected less I think.

Cupcake- Do you want a definition of a RP maybe some examples?
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
No Elfmaiden, I don't think it's a probably. I just think it's a very interesting concept that I hadn't considered before. As Cenor said, she would probably be less suspicious.
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
I know the basics. but I would like to know more just for the sake of knowing though, then maybe I would try sometimes. but I don't have enough knowledge about these books to go into the universe anyway. i kinda rp in way in the green dragon forum cooking, but idk if that counts anyway
What herb heals all wounds? Thyme! Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes! Sprinkles are for winners
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
I'm banned from reading this thread by Mareth_Ravenlock because she doesn't want me to see spoilers before we finish the books...but right now you guys are just talking about roleplaying. So.

Cupcake, roleplaying is basically like writing a story with other people. Each person has a character(s) they play and just write from their perspective. To see what I mean, just read through some of the posts in the roleplay section. There are also plenty of helpful articles in that section for beginning and experienced roleplayers alike.

Hope that helps!

"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
I took a look at some of the rpgs in the rpg thread and I don't think it is for me. I'm not that creative.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
You never know, you might surprise yourself! Most of roleplaying is just working off the other writers. I would say the person who needs the most creativity would be the thread leader - they have to direct the plot, setting etc.

But what you're doing in the Green Dragon is a good start! Some people just enjoy different types of things, which is just fine.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Council Member
Send Message
Oh please join Cupcake! Dude I (he's my Genovesan) needs another fellow assassin! And three is the magic number!
elfmaiden77
Council Member
Send Message
okay, here is my character profile.
http://www.councilofelrond.com/rpgcharacter/abrielle-moretti/#comment-287182
Now you have a least one more fellow assassin Ro! this is my first rp, so I hope I don't mess this up....I'm not entirely positive what to do....

[Edited on 02/27/2015 by elfmaiden77]

[Edited on 02/27/2015 by elfmaiden77]
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Elfmaiden, we are not posting our character profiles in here, but in the OOC for our RP, called 'Silent Shadows'. If you scroll up, you will find the thread link.
elfmaiden77
Council Member
Send Message
oooohhhh, sorry
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Don't sweat it.

Now, to get this thread back on topic.

I have been reading RA aloud to my sisters. Rereading helps me notice things I didn't notice before, but also our discussions help me see things differently. For example, later on in the series, Will almost seems to take pleasure in tormenting people for no reason. Like...the bar keeper in the beginning of books nine. He is so...I don't know. Annoying. Threatening the guy just because he wouldn't brew a stupid pot of coffee. Okay, I know Rangers love their coffee. But really? Threatening somebody's life just because they don't want to make some? I think that's going just a little too far.

But what is everyone else's thoughts on this matter? I was just curious to see what you all think.

[Edited on 03/01/2015 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
elfmaiden77
Council Member
Send Message
I have also noticed that. All the characters seem to have a rather cold-blooded approach to other's lives. Like, in book five when Alyss says "Damn the man! We may have to kill him, Will." Then Will sort of marvels how Alyss has grown up, just like him. That sort of thinking always had me a bit bothered, too.
elfmaiden77
Council Member
Send Message

[Edited on 03/02/2015 by elfmaiden77]
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Glad to see I'm not the only one...

I know in some instances, they didn't have a choice. But it kind of seems like they don't actually care about people. It really drives me crazy.

I think I actually enjoyed this series more the first time through. :/
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah I think Will was a bit cold-blooded at that part.Alyssa really surprised me then too, because she's a lady and stuff and now she's cussing and threatening this guys life. Wow...Anywho, I still love the books despite.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
The RP!

http://www.councilofelrond.com/forum/thread/37231/

All other RP conversation will be held in the OCC

=========

Yes, that was unecessary..."the ladies" need to be ladies...

[Edited on 03/06/2015 by Cenor]
elfmaiden77
Council Member
Send Message
(Looks great, Cenor!)

I totally still love the books. Anyone have strong personal opinions on book 12? I do, but I want to see if anyone has any thoughts.....?
Council Member
Send Message
I didn't read book 12. The thought of the bratty daughter of Cassandra girl becoming a ranger makes me wanna barf.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I read book 12...and regretted it more than I can say. The story itself wouldn't have been that bad...I actually liked the concept of rescuing the children from slavery. But the execution was horrendous, if you were to ask me. Too much time had passed, for one thing. Everyone was old. And I didn't like Maddie.

I could go on, but I'm sure I would bore everyone to death.
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah I didn't read it because A)I hate Maddie already B) they're all too old C) I liked Alyss too much D) I liked Crowley too much E) Halt would have made a better Commandant than Gilan
<< First45678
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email