Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Earwen_of_Alqualonde
Council Member
Send Message
Post Faramir and Eowyn
on: December 18, 2003 04:36
There was little romance between Faramir and Eowyn, except a few scences of them smiling at each other [how disappionting!]...any chance it might come out in the extended edition?
Gilwen_the_Sorceress
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Faramir and Eowyn
on: December 18, 2003 05:38
I think there was no romance, yes, some people may ask "What happened with Eowyn??? She was sooooo sad and in love with Aragorn...So??", and then see her happy besides Faramir and ask "So??", but no one would think that´s because they get happy married.
Eowyn13
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 18, 2003 05:38
I heard somewhere that the Houses of healing (where Faramir and Eowyn meet) will be in the EE...
Aurora_Celeste
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 18, 2003 08:04
Yes, The Houses of Healing will be in the EE. But we don't know if the romance will. By God, I hope it is.
Sindaeririel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 18, 2003 10:13
it was one of the scenes i had most looked forward to so i hope it'll be in ee!!!
elven_angel22
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 18, 2003 04:47
It better be in the EE! I really disapointed when I found out there wasn't going to be any Faramir/Eowyn romance.
Cate
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 18, 2003 09:58
I knew b4 I saw RotK that they simply had Eowyn and Faramir smiling fondly at each other at the Coronation, after reading a review. I'm still disappointed that they didn't have more, and if I didn't know they got married, I woyld be confused.

I'm pretty certain they have the House of Healing on the EE, I hope they add more Eowyn and Faramir...
Aurora_Celeste
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2003 04:19
Man, I really hope so. It makes me nervous because Merry will already be out of the picture, since he rode to the Black Gates (and Faramir is supposed to go to Merry and ask him about Eowyn). But they really need to put the romance (and the wedding!) back in.
Gilwen_the_Sorceress
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2003 05:26
Faramir was excluded since the beginning of LOTR movies, and so Denethor, they are mentioned in FOTR (book), specially Denethor. So that´s why in ROTK they were cut from many scenes And i´m really bothered for that, both character had at least one complete (and more)chapters in books but in movies they give a complete attention to character who didn´t :dizzy::dizzy:
Cressida
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2003 06:04
Both David Wenham and Miranda Otto have mentioned the F/E romance in interviews, plus there is a set report from someone who saw the wedding being filmed. So it definitely was filmed. Newsweek mentioned the Houses of Healing (including the parts where Aragorn heals Faramir, Eowyn, and Merry in addition to the romance) on their list of scenes that would be moved to the DVD.

So never fear, it's looking pretty sure to be on the ROTK-EE!
ethuiliel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2003 06:30
I could be wrong, but I think I read somewhere that not only was the love scene in the Houses of Healing:love: filmed but also their wedding:heart:. I sure hope so!!
Eowyn_of_Gondor
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2003 08:22
Yes, I have read the interviews and stuff as well. GOD, I HOPE IT IN ON EE. I mean...after all this cool stuff in the movie and hoping to see Houses of Healing... O.O I am about to send Peter Jackson a letter and ask him if their romance vanished in between all those Arwen scenes. LOL, sorry Arwen lovers. Pain makes me bitter. LOL.
I am SO hoping to see the KISS at the Houses. After all tyhe battles and blood and guts... it was a great scene, mind u! LOL.
Eowyn and Faramir rule! :love:
mallow
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2003 10:41
i really hope that the houses of healin g are put back into the ex ed of rotk i think they will, because when merry and eowyn stab the witch king they make out like their arms are really badly hurt and their sword do the dissolving thing (excuse my bad wording) so it seems that they should have gone to the houses of healing, but as merry miraculously got better and ended up at the black gate i figured that it must be in the ex ed, also farimir and eowyn looked in love at aragorns coronation i know they were only smiling at each other but they looked like they were in love 2 me.
this is just speculation but it seems that the houses of healing will be in the ex ed.
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: December 19, 2003 01:58
Aww they look so cute together! I was very disappointed there wasn't very much of those two!! :cry:
hobbithole_dweller
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2003 09:25
I thought they liked so cute during that millisecond of a glance in the movie. I'm hoping so much that the F/E romance will be extended in the EE but if worse comes to worse, that glance will probably last me. And I always have the books.
Aurora_Celeste
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2003 05:22
I wish I was that positive, lol. Nah, that's not enough for me. I waited 3 years for this. I want as much as they can give me. I want a parade.

Oh, and a pony.
Bangorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2003 06:31
Yeah, after reading the books, I was really looking frward to seeing that resolution. I mean, a glance just doesn't cut it for me... I want to see their wedding. I hope it ends up in the extended cut at least.
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: December 22, 2003 07:18
I read in Newsweek Mag that it will be on EE of ROTK. PJ had thought they strayed from Frodo too long so he cut it out...hmm I was rally looking forward to this part, but I supposed I can wait for the dvd...
_mithrim
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 24, 2003 05:34
That's rather disappointing! I really liked that part in the books. I could really understand Eowyn's personality and I really felt sorry for Faramir so when the two got together I was so happy! :love: It finished everyones fates perfectly and it was unexpected. When they met in the houses of healing Eowyn was still rather set on finding death in battle while you could tell Faramir really loved her so when she finally said that she cared for him also it was touching.
vaya
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 25, 2003 03:15
It is in the EE (someone already said that, but I am saying it again)

Oh and if anyone can get their hands on a picture of them together at the coronation, that would totally rock. I have been looking high and low, can't seem to find one
Aurora_Celeste
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 25, 2003 06:05
Here's a screen capture, vaya:

http://www.enorainc.com/livejournal/rotk/end06/PDVD_055.jpg
vaya
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 25, 2003 06:07
EEEEEE! You rock!

*Hugs Aurora*
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: December 25, 2003 07:08
Ooo purtyful

Btw Aurora I love you siggy

Eowyn and Faramir are too perfect for each other. :love:
eowynshue
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 25, 2003 07:14
Awesome pic Aurora! You wouldn't happen to know where i could find a "wet faramir" pic? you know the scene i mean
Aurora_Celeste
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2003 05:52
vaya - you're welcome. She looks smitten, doesn't she?

Lady~Eowyn - I love it too. What can I say? F/E is one of the most beautiful parts of ROTK.

eowynshue - the same girl who took the pic above had, I believe, pictures of the whole movie. But it looks like she took them all down. The links aren't working anymore. If I find Wet!Faramir, I'll let you know
vaya
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2003 06:15
bet there was copyright issues....oh well...

course by now it's all been downloaded...*looks around* what?

As for sweaty Faramir, I have seen it around, can't find it....I linked up above to a picture like it though.

[Edited on 26/12/2003 by vaya]
Earwen_of_Alqualonde
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2003 06:21
the pic was lovely! They are just so perfect for each other! ::swoons over the sheer perfection::

I think pj should have shown them holding hands or something, for the benefit of those who have not read the books.
Aurora_Celeste
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2003 09:51
I think he just wanted to give us all or nothing. If he showed that, then a lot of non-readers would be confused and it would have seemed kinda forced.

Now, if that's the case, the F/E parts must have been really long for him to cut the whole thing. I hope that's true.
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: December 26, 2003 01:02
Hey does anyone have a pic of those two togehter? If anyone knows where I could find one that is no more than 100X150, I want one that's no bigger than my siggy. thanks
eowynshue
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 26, 2003 01:16
hows this?:

i could make it smaller if you'd like
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: December 26, 2003 01:24
!!! I'm speechless lol jk. That's great, but I would like it smaller
eowynshue
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 26, 2003 01:43
lol hows this one?:

Aurora_Celeste
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2003 03:18
Great moment. She looks like she can't wait to take him back to their chambers... :blush:
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: December 27, 2003 12:54
Eowynshue--Ooo that's perfect, thank you very much Do you have a special program for that?
Evenstar
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2003 04:27
I have joined the club!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email