Register

Author Topic:
Silmariel
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: CoE Site Rules [Please Read]
on: September 19, 2002 10:07
This is the best site I´ve ever visited!!!:love::love::love:
I join it every day, although I´m not such a big computer freak. Until now I´ve never posted anywhere, but here I can´t refuse!
Thanks for your brilliant job.
Gandalf666
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 16, 2002 01:47
Hey i got an idea (i don´t know if someone already said this but..). Why don´t you make a list of not-allowed vocabulary or expressions in CoE...i think that would make things easier to both moderators and newbies (and not- so- newbies too...err...*cough*).
M
Queen of Orc Killers
Send Message
on: October 16, 2002 01:56
Words deemed inapropriate for use in the forum have already been blocked so if you try to type them you'll just get 88888888 I don't suggest typing them anyway just to make a point with 8888888's as this will be frowned upon...and you won't like it when M frowns...no not at all :evil:
pipsqueak
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 18, 2002 05:25
I say this is the best fan site on the web. No one is snotty, and I felt instantly at home. If you need a volunteer for anything, please tell me! I would love to help this site. Thankyou again, and again, and again!
*shudders at the thought of M frowning...ominous music plays in background*

[Edited on 27/10/2002 by pipsqueak]
Andtalathiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 07, 2002 05:09
I'm with Pipsqueak, I would love to help this site in any way I can, and I definately think it was the no.1 fan site on the web. I vote for it aaaall the time, hehe. Just let me know if you ever need help with anything, and i'll be there!
Parmadur
The Happy Pariah
Send Message
on: December 13, 2002 07:41
Head on over to the Ways That You Can Help The Council! thread and check out all of the volunteer opportunities that are open right now.
Alatáriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2002 08:38
I agree with everyone who has said this is an awesome site. I love it here - it is easy to navigate and such, and it looks like a lot of time has gone in to the details. keep it up!
Alatàriel
moonletters
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2003 11:46
I agree that this is a great site...I stumbled upon it whilst looking for pictures of *cough* Aragorn...:blush: And have been literally addicted to it ever since! I'm on just about everyday, and during lunch break, ect. :dizzy: Hehehehe..and I would love to help, also!

ashley~moonletters
OlorinTheWhite
Wandering Istari
Send Message
on: March 24, 2003 12:25
I don't mean to be redundant but this is the absolute best web site I have found on the internet(and believe me, I have searched like crazy!) Most other LOTR sites(or any sites for that matter) are all about research and independence but this site is truly unique because of the community and support. No questions go unanswered here and I think that's great! I love to volunteer anyway that I can to help this site! If anyone needs any help anywhere, I'll be more than happy to help also! I really appreciate all the Administrators and Moderators: Thank you!!!

ok trying to compose myself now...
JC
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2003 01:30
Hey guys! I have a question. I was wondering how many images is someone allow to have in their sig? I know that there are some rules about that in the site, but I can't find them. And I don't want to go against the rules by putting an extra one in my sig knowing that I'm not allow to.
Thanks
OlorinTheWhite
Wandering Istari
Send Message
on: April 06, 2003 01:32
I believe it is recommended to have a pic that doesn't take up more than four lines because larger ones make the forums load much slower. I don't know about a limit, though.
JC
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 08, 2003 10:08
Thanks OlorinTheWhite! I guess this kind of answered my question, mine is not that big, you see I would like to put another image next to Galadriel, but as I say it probably goes against the guidelines.
Lady_Lorwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 21, 2003 02:46
Suilad!
I love this site aswell, I've been here for about 3 monthes, but I mostly hide away in the language section, with the elvish 101 forum, and the projects there. It's only recently that I've ventured out, and I realized how much work you all must be doing! I've added some pics, and a quiz, and i submitted a word search, (dun kno if it got posted) any ways, If any of the admins, want to off load something on me, I would be more than willing to help, any thing really, ya know like the stupid tasks that just get in the way of all the important stuff you have to do... I hope I can help!
Elensil
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 21, 2003 04:53
I am kinda relived to find a site where behavior such as this is not tolorated
monasua
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 12, 2003 12:42
:love: I agree with you, Figwit. This is indeed a wonderful place...with many wonderful people like the admins and staff

Council of Elrond is my favorite site

Camannar
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 11, 2003 02:06
Aiya

Do they sell CoE-patches for CoE addicts? Seriously I need them, I come here everyday and I can't get enough of it, if CoE was made of some physical material I would probably try to eat it.

Im with Lady_Lorwen, addict of the Language section and new born to the other parts of CoE. And I would glady help the staff out if they needed me (unless of course it involved the recovering of an evil ring :love: or search for a certain set of 3 jewels :drool: ).

Great work admin. Especially Rivka without you, my life would be full of yahoo chat! Ack! Thankfully you have created a wonderful haven for lord of the rings addicts.

Camannar
Aowyn
Resident Shieldmaiden
Send Message
on: December 11, 2003 11:51
No patches, but you can get t-shirts and the like over at CafePress (*loves her CoE t-shirt)

http://www.cafeshops.com/cp/store.aspx?s=coe2,coe3,coe1
ElenAlasse
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 30, 2003 03:52
I wanted to thank you all for having a Clean Family Friendly Site!!! This is my favourite LoTR website. I just wanted to thank of you Guys for all of the work you do!!!!

*Hugs Admins Mods and Rest of the Staff*

[Edited on 31/12/2003 by ElenAlasse]
Aowyn
Resident Shieldmaiden
Send Message
on: December 30, 2003 04:37
thank you...we try
Scothia
CoE Elder Sister
Send Message
on: December 30, 2003 05:22
Why, thank you, ElenAlasse! :::takes a bow and applauds the other staff:::
GirlJockey17
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2004 11:51
Hi yas! I have a question.

I've been here for a little over a month now and I was wondering...at the end of some of the RP posts made, some mods have put little color changing stars at the bottom of them.

What are those? :dizzy: Sorry if I seem niaeve(sp?)...

Whatever they're for...they're pretty...
NenyaGold
Legend of Lothlórien & Head Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
on: January 05, 2004 12:10
Our tireless Mods read EVERY post that is made in the RP section and that is Starlet, the star that shows other Mods how far a thread has been reviewed. You can read more about her here. :love:

[Edited on 1/5/2004 by NenyaGold]
Newra
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 31, 2004 08:20
*clears throat and prepares to say, shamelessly, what everyone has said*

CoE ROCKS! *gives huge thumbs up* I have belonged to this site for just over a year and I must say I have NEVER come across a place that is so amazing. It's got something for everyone!

And something I've known for forever but really just realized, is that I've never been anywhere where the peeps are so darn nice. For a few weeks, recently, I'd been checking out another LOTR site (along with my ritual visit to CoE) and I went all over the message boards, thinking "CoE people are so much nicer than this." And people would ask questions like where do I find this kind of info? How do you translate this elvish? Everywhere I was recommending CoE. Then I thought "DUH!" (I should probably just stay on CoE!)

Love you guys muchly, you've really changed my life.

~Faithful Roleplaying & Fanfic Fanatic

~Newra
GwennethSindalúnë
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2004 01:45
I agree, I agree, I agree!!!
COE is the BEST!
I stumbled onto the site while looking for Legolas pics...well, and Frodo pics...and Aragorn...and Eomer...oh boy, better stop now, eh?
Anyway, I am hooked forever and ever. This is the best site on the net! I have never dared to post on a message board, or join an RPG game before. It's always been scary and confusing. But everyone here at COE is so amazingly, wonderfully welcoming and nice!!! I felt right at home immediately.
Thank so so so much all of you who put in long hours to set up and maintain this site. It mean so much to all of us! You guys are the best, ever!
shireling
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2004 10:25
. It is indeed fantastic, though I have no other reference. I have never joined a site before. I most appreciate the family orientated rules of this site. The friendliness is awesome. As a computer idiot, I am in awe of all who have but this together! I may inadvertently step over the guidlines at times and truly appreciate the guidance!

I would love to help if I can!

You are all awesome!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
elvishmusician
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 17, 2004 07:21
Your site is amazing. I especiallly love the option of learning languages! I thought it just meant you could put the site is French, Spanish or some other language depending on where you live. I didn't think that anyone would ever go to the trouble of actually setting up a workbook for not one but two of the elvish languages!
Lothien_Vilya
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2004 08:13
To the Admin's of the CoE.

Blessings on your house(s) and upon you.
I have been a fan since first reading the books in the mid-70s and was just a fan reading now and again. The movies re-ignited my interest in Tolkien and I searched for Tolkien websites. When I found CoE, I knew I was home. I've been a member of the Council for just a few month and in that time this website, it's staff and members have prompted me to study and learn more about M.E. In this short time I have learned and retained more than I had over the course of 30 some years. Were it not for the efforts of the CoE staff, none of this would have been possible.

My whole hearted gratitude is extended to each and every one of you. Keep up the good works! :love:

Lothien_Vilya
elwoodlover
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2004 08:32
i've just decided to join after a couple of weeks and i got to hand it to every one who got this site going. it's a very good site. :love: keep up the good work!
Silivrentolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 09, 2004 05:03
Hello! I must admit, I am quite impressed with this site! I am on another rpg site and it pales in comparison to this one, (no offense to anyone on the other site.) There are so many rpg threads here! I can't wait to get started. I'm a newbie and I have posted in the Newbie thread. I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but I thought since you were talking about the rules, I thought I'd ask.

Is my signature to long? We had this debate on the other forum I am on, and a lot of people thought their signature was the minimum length when on other computers, it showed up as over the allowed length. Is mine three lines, or over? On my computer it shows as three lines.
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: November 09, 2004 07:42
On my computer, it only shows as two; you're probably using smaller screen resolution than I. Your signature length is just fine.
Silivrentolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 09, 2004 10:06
Hannon le. Mae govannen. O.k. I've read the forum rules and some of the faq's. Is there anything else vital I need to know? You know, first time on a new forum. . . I'm a little edgey and want to make sure I don't do anything wrong.

Oh, and something else, what is with the submission stuff. Do I have to submit something to get points? I'm a little confused on that point. :feedback:
LadyEowyn_Of_Rohan
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 10, 2004 12:52
The screen resolution for signatures is 1034 x 768, so your signature has to look like it's three lines or less to someone using that resolution.

To get points, you do have to sumbit something to the site. You can see a list of what you can do by clicking on My Account then User Points.
Eámanë_Telrúnya
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2004 09:30
I just joined yesterday, but it really is a wonderfull site!!! specialy the elvish workbook! i tried hard to make lesson one... i did it, but now the following lessons I told my English teacher about this site, and she's probally gonna join it too. I already feel my like i'm home over here... i only don't understand how to join the role playing game....

but keep on with your perfect work!!!!!!!!!

And... i shall help you a bit, and work on my Englsih
sweetlittleelf
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 06, 2005 01:56
* Appluase!* I just want to thank the Admins, Mods, and users here at CoE for their kindness, fairness, and fun!!! Three cheers for CoE!!!
Muireall
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 22, 2006 10:12
Usnernames:

It has come to our attention that several members are abusing our system by registering more then one username. Some may be honest mistakes but others may be attempts at on 1) trying to secure certain names whether used or not 2) attempts to commit fraudluent entries into contests 3) attempts to flame/abuse or agrivate other users by having "disguises". Basically it is not fair to everyone let alone the good will of the people who sacrifice their time and money creating and moderating this site for you.

An extension to our user policies or TOS (terms of service) will now include only ONE username per person. I have contacted several registered members by private message regarding the usernames and have given them a chance to come clean and reduce their usernames.

Flagrant disregard for this new policy will result in the termination of all usernames by the person and forfeit of rights to join The Council in the future.

Don't make us be hard-cases and come down on you. This is a friendly site made for fans by fans. We don't get paid for this, we don't make any income from this site or get any sort of acollade save the pleasure of knowing that others enjoy it and can use it as valuable resource.

If you have registered more then 1 username, I urge you to contact me or one of the other admins here: Rivka, Hermitt, Zoe, Lozza, HobbitFriend or Queen_B no questions will be asked for those who come forward, we'll simply delete your extra usernames. Don't make me hunt you down.

You can fool some of the M's some of the time but you can't fool all fo the M's all of the time

Okay, thats my problem. I created a username a while ago, but I'm not sure what it was or what my e-mail was then, so I created another account which I lost when I was without my comp for a while and it got some spyware on it, so here I am with a new username, and I feel horribly guilty with the others hanging on my back. Any way you can delete them? I think the first one may have been TwilightMyst....and the second may have been writers_block...or something.
:banghead:
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email