Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Ranlinn
Council Member
Send Message
Post Eragorn(sort of, twisted a bit) RP
on: February 18, 2004 12:57
((Hello! I want ppl that have read the book, or at least know a lot about it so they can RP it. I'm twisting it a bit, and this is how: Anyone that wants to can be Dragon Riders, Elf or Human. This is during the height of the Varden, but there are lots of Dragon Riders. Only made-ups, please. Other ppl besides Dragon Riders welcome))

The late night sky, velvety purple was speckled with stars, thousands of them. The moon was full, casting enough light so that one could see fairly well without a light.

Tatyla sat on the floor of the Dragon Hold in Tronjheim, leaning against a large green dragon. The dragon was Emerlan, green, sleek and gleaming, though there was only candle-light.
Emerlan rested his head on the elf's lap, and they slept together, Tatyla covered by straw and Emerlan's wing.

A low-toned rumble can be heard, coming from Emerlan, as he snores while sleeping.

((Tatyla is in the DB.))

[Edited on 18/2/2004 by Ranlinn]

[Edited on 18/2/2004 by CarolP]
witchking
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Eragorn(sort of, twisted a bit) RP
on: February 18, 2004 09:53
occ: i was wondering if i can just join...

[Edited on 19/2/2004 by eldir]
Ranlinn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2004 03:10
((Yup! Just join!))
witchking
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2004 09:28
((k, thanx!))

Yyvenn stood by the side of Firenz, the dragon he was destined to be with for his life. both looked out into the horizon where the sun was just about to rise. with silent understanding, Yyvenn mounted and they took off into the morning sky towards the black speck of mountain that lay thousands of miles ahead.

[Edited on 21/2/2004 by eldir]
Ranlinn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2004 04:28
Tatyla awoke, and yawned. She crawled out from under Emerlan's wing, stood up and stretched. She reached out with her mind to wake Emerlan up.
Emerlan, come on, wake up.
The dragon uncurled his neck and looked at Tatyla, his great big eyes unblinking.
Wanna go for a morning fly?
The answer came, an eager yes. Emerlan loved to fly, and would take most chances to do so. Tatyla searched around in the hold for the leather saddle and began lacing it onto Emerlan.

[Edited on 23/2/2004 by eldir]

[Edited on 2/24/2004 by Ranlinn]
aragornlvr912
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2004 01:04
Annun! Settle down! A 16 year old girl stood next to a golden-brown dragon. We need to be off before Tancar comes back! This girls name was Athea, she had been riding dragons her whole life, but now she used Annun to help with the war. How can you think about leaving, was Annun's reply! She stretched out to her full length. Tancar will come here and slaughter you if we don't leave. This argument went on for a few more minutes but Annun gave in and they were off!
witchking
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2004 10:32
we're still about a day's travel away. let's stop here to rest, Firenz. with a short grunt of agreement, Firenz descended and they sought shelter at the foot of a near by outcropping of boulders.
just as they were setting up shelter, Firenz's head jerked upward, there's something coming... Yyvenn stood, alert, listening and scanning their surroundings for whatever was headed their way. Yyvenn's hand lay on the hilt of his sword at the ready.

[Edited on 24/2/2004 by eldir]
aragornlvr912
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2004 12:29
Where are we going tonight? Annun asked as they soared over the Crystal Sea below. How about down there, by those boulders? Athea replied pointing to the shore just in front of them. Annun began desending. As they got closer Athea noticed there was someone already there. Wait! Annun slowed down and soon they were hovering a few feet above this traveler. "Who are you, might I ask?" asked Athea as she also reached for her hilt.
Ranlinn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2004 01:06
((OOC: Will you two be flying up to Tronjheim, or should Tatyla fly down to you two?))
aragornlvr912
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2004 02:39
((You can come down if you want, but wait for witchking just in case))

[Edited on 25/2/2004 by eldir]
witchking
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2004 10:06
((oh, hehe... thanx for waiting. come down and meet!))
Yyvenn drew his sword with a flourish, pointed straight at the intruder who asked, "who are you, might i ask?"
what do you think, Firenz? Yyvenn asked. Firenz noticed that the stranger also had the mark of a dragon rider. should the be trusted? there was a grunt from Firenz's direction.
"hmm..." Yyvenn debated what to make of this other rider. a pause, "i..." Yyvenn put new confidence in his voice. "i see you are also a rider..."
"yes," the stranger answered.
Yyvenn looked into the other rider's eyes as they spoke and felt he could trust them. "my name is Yyvenn, and this is my good friend, Firenz." i think they can be trusted but we must still be cautious

[Edited on 28/2/2004 by eldir]
aragornlvr912
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2004 01:46
"I am Athea, and this is my partner Annun." Athea said retracting her hand. Do you think that he can be trusted? Annun asked. I'm not sure, Athea replied. But he gave me his name, at least I give him mine!
"What buisness do you have here?" Yyvenn asked.
"We are escaping from a war we chose not to fight!" Athea yelled. "What is YOUR buisness?" Should you have really told him about the war? Annun asked. At least I didn't tell him I was dragon egg keepers sister!

[Edited on 16/4/2004 by aragornlvr912]
witchking
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 29, 2004 10:32
"a war!" Yyvenn exclaimed. Firenz, we are really behind with the times! have we failed? "a war? where!?" he hoped that it was not in the land where he had grown to cherish and love, the land he had learned to call home. Yyvenn, forgetting the two were potential threats, impatianetly awaited an answer from Athea.

[Edited on 1/3/2004 by ithillinde]
aragornlvr912
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2004 11:45
"Yes a war!" Athea said. "Just beyond that ridge over there!" Athea pointed to the ridge. Is this guy slow or what? Athea asked Annun, Yes he is! Annun replied as he swooped down and landed next to Firenz. Though he is a bit cute! What would you know? Athea asked. Though when she REALLY looked at him, he was a bit cute.
"Why are you looking at me like that?" Yyvenn asked.
":blush:I ummm." Great now look what you did! It's not MY fault you agreed with me. Annun snickered. Well you'd best not do it AGAIN!!! "I'm sorry." Athea said as she got off Annun and looked at the ground. "It's just... with the war and all... I've never had the time to actually TALK to a man who isn't a threat. They're all usually traitors in the end!"
Ranlinn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2004 03:53
((Sorry it took me so long to post, been really busy IRL))
Once the saddle was strapped securly to Emerlan's back, Tatyla leaped up onto him with the practiced ease that comes with years of dragon riding. She slid her feet into the loops used as stirrups, and held onto a spike in front of her.
"Ready," she said.
Emerlan didn't respond with word, but instead took off out of the hold. The chill winter air knocked the wind out of Tatyla as they rocketed out of the hold. Once she regained her breath, she looked around. She was of course surrounded by mountains, and as she always did, thought they didn't look nearly as beautiful as Ellesmera, her home. But they were beginning to take on a beauty of their own.
As she looked around, she spotted, quite a ways away in the distance, and on the ground, two dragons.
Emerlan, let's go see who they are!
But she didn't need to ask him, for he had spotted them a bit before she, and was already heading towards them.
witchking
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2004 10:47
"oh... um..." Yyvenn was a bit unnerved by the look Athea had given him. i guess that means she trusts us then, Firenz?
heh, she likes you...
Firenz!! Firenz fluttered his eyes and stepped a few steps behind Yyvenn.
"hmph..." Yyvenn began to blush a bit but tried not to show it. Yyvenn remembered what it was they were talking about and asked, "how long ago did the war begin? it is very important--VITAL-- for me to know." the urgency returned to Yyvenn's voice. Athea sat, and began to tell what she knew of the war... or at least, all that she felt would be safe to tell Yyvenn.

[Edited on 4/3/2004 by ithillinde]
aragornlvr912
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2004 04:52
Athea was thinking about what she should tell Yyvenn. She took a deep breath, "A large battle is happening against Urgals, and I was just on my way to try and find the other Dragon Riders for help." That sums it all up, Athea told Annun.
What if he asks more? Annun was looking at Yyvenn. He was staring at Athea very intently. I think he likes you too!
But I mean... I don't REALLY like him!
I think you do! Annun noticed Athea was also staring at Yyvenn. For a second Yyvenn and Athea's eyes met but they both looked away.
I guess I DO like him!:blush:

[Edited on 8/3/2004 by ithillinde]
witchking
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2004 08:05
did you see that look she had in her eyes, Yyven? she LIKES you!
be serious, Firenz... a war against the urgals... he gave a sigh of relief. we may still have a little time... "well, if it's help that you need, we're here to help! it seems the only thing one rider could do for another." he smiled and they decided to call it a night, but too soon would the next day dawn for the two riders and their dragons.
Ranlinn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2004 05:01
As Tatyla and Emerlan swooped down, they saw that the two Riders were sleeping.
"Oh, great, Emerlan. Nice way to wake up, a great big dragon swooping over your head"
"Ah, but they are Riders. They shouldn't be too suprised."

Tatyla grinned, and she could hear Emerlan making funny grunt and snort-like sound that she supposed to be laughter. They swooped down even closer, and Tatyla could see that the wind caused by Emerlan's large winds was blowing the two Rider's blankets and other things around. Her hand rest on the hilt of her sword, ready to defend herself if the two should not recignize her for a friend, and try to attack her.
aragornlvr912
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2004 12:21
Athea could feel a sudden gust of wind coming from above her. Annun what is that?
It's another Rider!! They seem friendly! Annun replied.
All right! Athea sat up slowly and looked up. Sure enough, there was another Dragon Rider. "Yyvenn!" Athea tapped his shoulder. He just layed there.
Like a rock! Annun remarked.
"Oh well." Athea sighed. She stood up and stretched. "Hello there!" she yelled once she was done. "Can we help you?"
witchking
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2004 08:32
"ungh..." Yyvenn rolled over. "just a few more minutes... huh?! what?! who's there!?" Yyevenn jumped up, his sword already coming out of his sheath with the sound of metal slicing through the air. look, Firenz, another rider!
yes, i know. they've been here for a while now and you've just woken up. put your sword away, they are friends.
oh Yyvenn resheathed his sword and greeted the new rider before everyone got him caught up with the events of the morning.
Ranlinn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2004 03:36
When Emerlan was solidly on the ground and folding his wings up, Tatyla jumped down the 15 or so foot drop to the ground with the grace of an elf mixed with her years of practice. Her piercing dark green eyes look over each of the other riders and their dragons.
"Don't scare them, Tatyla!"
"Aw, don't worry, I won't."

After a minute, she gave a slight bow in greeting to the other riders and their dragons.
"Hello, my friends. What keeps you out this night, when you are so-" A hard nudge from Emerlan cut her off. She glared at him, but then her face went pale, at what she had almost said. "I myself am just out for an early morning fly to give Emerlan some freedom while we wait to be sent on an assignment."
She stood with her arms crossed, leaning against Emerlan. She watched both the Riders, still wary, as she could never know if they were on the other side, or the Varden's.
"Tatyla! You have to be more careful. You almost let it slip that we were right near Tronjheim! What if they work for Galbatroix, and are hunting for Tronjheim?"
"Yes, yes, I know."

[Edited on 9/3/2004 by ithillinde]
aragornlvr912
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2004 11:33
"Well, it's nice to see another rider in these parts!"
Are they trustworthy?
I don't know, they seem to be!
"And what kind of an assignment, might I ask, are you waiting for?" Athea eyed the newcomer suspiciously. She was another elf, but she could be on the other side. "What do you think Yyvenn? Is she worthy of our trust?" She whispered to Yyvenn and patiently waited for his reply.
witchking
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2004 08:10
"i think we can trust them, Athea, but not too much." Yyvenn whispered back.i don't know, Firenz... there's something strange about them, don't you think?
Firenz grunted his reply after a moment of thought, i agree...
Yyvenn figured he would try to play the friendly type until he knew more about them. Firenz's claws dug into the ground, preparing for any unexpected threat that might come up.
Ranlinn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 10, 2004 01:36
Tatyla's elf ears had heard snippets of the whispering, but not enough to know what they were saying. She stared hard at them, hoping that they would drop some hint as to what side they worked for.
"Hm. I take on any assignments that are given to me. Fighting the Urgals, scouting, spying, and other things." She grinned a little, knowing that if the two were on her side, she would know. She loosened her sword in it's sheath, in case the weren't on her side.
aragornlvr912
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 10, 2004 01:28
Athea fiddled with the ring around her finger, This girl scares me Annun! I mean, she could be lying about fighting Urgals!
Does that mean you don't trust her?
It just means... we'll have to see! She noticed the girl loosen her sword. Athea did the same. "How can we know to trust each other? I think that you don't trust us either!"
Smooth!
Hey! I was JUST asking her if she trusted us! Then all of a sudden she knew what her ring meant. She closed her eyes and thought. She's wondering who's side we're on!
Well, tell her!
First I'll wait to here what she has to say!
witchking
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 10, 2004 09:24
well, that was great... now look, they're loosening their swords... i guess i should do the same... Yyvenn's hand rested on the hilt of his sword, ready for action but still seemingly relaxed. strange, don'tcha think, Firenz? meeting two riders like this when we haven't even seen or heard of other riders since we were first set off.
i know what you mean. something must be brewing...
yeah... there must be more to this war than we know of.

[Edited on 11/3/2004 by ithillinde]
Ranlinn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2004 02:59
Tatyla tensed, her right hand still resting on the hilt of her sword. She couldn't handle not knowing what side the others were on. If they were on the other side, she couldn't let them get away, but if they were on the Varden's side, it was stupid for the three of them to be acting this way.
"We can't go on like this, Emerlan. What should I do?
"Tell them what side you're on! You know you can handle them."

"Fine. If you two will not openly say your side, I will. I am with the Varden."
As she said that, she pulled out her sword, ready for anything, but hoping that the other two were on her side.
aragornlvr912
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2004 03:44
Athea retracted her hand from her sword, "Same here."
"That was better then I imagined!"
"Just remember, most people can lie about who's side they're on!"
Athea took a step forward, but the sword in the stranger's hand made her tense back up, "I'm Athea! And this here is my good friend Annun!"
"We'll try to keep on each other's good sides! Don't want her attacking and all"
"Good idea!"
"You can introduce yourself!" Athea whispered to Yyvenn.

[Edited on 12/3/2004 by ithillinde]
witchking
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 13, 2004 02:01
"oh, heh, right. i'm Yyvenn." he cautiously took his hand off of his sword. "to tell the truth, i'm not really on anyone's side, i'm sort of an independent rider... long story... but i'll gladly help you two if i am needed." Yyvenn smiled for a few second before he realized he forgot something, "oh, and this is Firenz."
you think it's safe to say you'll just go along with them like that, Yyvenn?
Firenz, you know we'll be alright. besides, if we're going to do what we need done, we need to get involved with the war. and to get into the war, we need to pick a side.
hmph. i'm not convinced...
Firennnnnnz...
oh, alright, but remember... if anything goes wrong...
of course, i won't blame you.
"i guess this makes me part of the varden...?" Yyvenn made a strange face that made them all laugh. after that, the tension between the three riders and their dragons went down a bit.

[Edited on 14/3/2004 by CarolP]
Ranlinn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2004 03:58
"I am glad we are all on the same side. Why are you sleeping out here instead of somewhere safe, like Tronjheim? I am Tatyla, Dragon Rider and elf. He," she pointed to the dragon behind her, "is Emerlan."
She hoped that they weren't lying about their side and she hadn't just given away the location of Tronjheim to them.
"Tatyla! What if they just lied, and you told them where Tronjheim was? You'll have to kill all of them, if that's so. You're so out of shape from there not being anyone to fight that you may not be able to handle it!
"I know, Emerlan. We just have to take that risk.

Tatyla sheathed her sword, but did not take her hand off the hilt. She stared at the two, watching them carefully so that if they did try to attack her, they wouldn't catch her off-guard.
witchking
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2004 09:59
Yyvenn tried to think of something to talk about to get rid of the awkward silence that followed Tatyla's introduction. his stomach growled, "heh, i must be hungry... why don't i fix us something to eat?"
aragornlvr912
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2004 01:43
((could u 2 post 4 me, cause i'll be away from a computer from March 20-April 16!! PLEASE!!! that would really help!))

Hmm! He can cook too! He'll be a good match!
Will you stop it!
Well you do, like him!
Annun! I said I DIDN'T LIKE HIM!!! AND HE DOESN'T LIKE ME!! Athea's face began to turn red. Tatyla's hand stayed at the hilt of her sword.
Quit blushing then!
"Does THIS look like I'm blushing?" Athea exclaimed out loud.
No it doesn't! Annun grunted.
"Dragon's are so unpredictable!!" Athea said as she stormed off. I wish he would just stay out of this! She walked over to the shore and took her boots off. She sat down with her feet in the water and looked out at the horizon.

[Edited on 18/3/2004 by CarolP]

[Edited on 18/3/2004 by aragornlvr912]
witchking
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2004 08:37
Yyvenn winced, "i... i said that i would make the food..."
geez... why do they always pick on me, Firenz?
i don't know, you tell me.
heh, very funny...well, i might as well get some wood to make a fire... Yyvenn left to start cooking as well as to avoid anymore criticism from the others.
Ranlinn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2004 04:25
((I'm SOOO sorry that it took me this long to post. I've been really busy IRL, and have been lucky to get on the internet at all)

Tatyla watched the other two riders for a few minutes, then let her muscles relax and took her hand off her sword. The sky was beginning to lighten, turning to a light grey, and the stars began fading away.
"I wonder what they were talking about and what she's blushing about, Emerlan."
"I don't know. She sure seems mad though."
"Yeah..."

She walked over to sit near Athea, crossing her long legs in front of her. Tatyla reached her hand into the cool stream water and tossed some in her face to wake herself up more. She stared into the water, not really seeing it, just staring at it.

((Witchking, will you post for Athea? I'm having a hard enough time with posting for just one character.))
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email