Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
tuttleturtle
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Simon and Garfunkel
on: June 14, 2004 04:05
You're probably proud that because you posted that I've had sound of silence stuck in my head since someone on neopets posted about writing song lyrics on there arm soon after I read that.
glory2glorfindel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2004 05:42
huh? *is confused* why would I be proud that you have that stuck in your head??
tuttleturtle
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2004 05:44
I don't know, I'm half asleep so if things don't make sense that's why
truegirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2004 04:16
I think their music is wonderful! Gotta luv those harmonies. I really like "The Boxer"...and I've always liked "America." Yes (the band) did a fantastic (10 minute!) cover of "America" in the early 70's. That's how I was introduced to the original by S&G. Love, love, love that song. :love:

and the moon rose over an open field...
Lúthien_ArFeiniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2005 08:14
I love S&G's music I had one of thier cds until my collection was stollen. My favs are "I Am A Rock" "Cecilia" and "Bridge Over Troubled Water"
Nan
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2005 10:28
ooh, Truegirl that is one of my favorite S&G quotes! such a beautiful moment.

" I saw a shadow touch a shadow's hand"

Perrin_Aybara
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2005 05:00
Lord of the Rings fans that also like Simon and Garfunkle? I'm dreaming! The next thing you know, it's going to turn out they're all Robert Jordan fans, too! Wait, I'm supposed to post my favorite songs... OK, I'll give it a try. Bridge Over Troubled Water, Sounds of Silence, The Leaves that are Green, and I am a Rock, if I have to narrow it down totally. So many songs, so little time. Some of you are teens, too! It's annoying when the only person in the school who likes your music is the principal! Of course, if you and the principal happen to sing Sounds of Silence to an unsupecting friend... Let's just say he still runs whenever I put a S+G CD in my computer.
Ghâshburz
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 13, 2005 09:43
I love Simon and Garfunkel! In eighth grade my literature teacher introduced me to two things: J.R.R. Tolkien and Simon and Garfunkel (She played "I Am A Rock" for the class to discuss the lyrics). Needless to say I loved that class. I've listened to them ever since, but "I Am A Rock" has always been and will always be my favorite song of theirs.
pv
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2005 05:12
I love different songs of theirs for different reasons

For the music, especially the sound of Paul Simon's guitar:
Scarborough Fair, April Come She Will, The Sun Is Burning, Leaves that are Green, Kathy's Song, the acoustic version of Sounds of Silence

For the portrayal of characters:
He was my Brother, Wednesday Morning 3am, Richard Cory, He was a Most Peculiar Man, The Boxer, America, Old Friends

For the lyrics:
Leaves that are Green, Sounds of Silence, Scarborough Fair, Bleecker Street, I am a Rock, April Come She Will, The Sun is Burning...

I'd better stop now, before I get carried away!

[Edited on 23/6/2005 by pv]
http://monstersandcritics.wordpress.com/
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email