Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
zwinger
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Wanted! (free, see OOC if I make one)
on: July 01, 2004 12:23
Every muscle in Jacobe's body screamed pain as he floundered towards the ship. He was a few metres out, but she was already too far gone, now nothing but a blur on the blue horizon. He heard Scarlette's voice behind him, resounding across the water.

"Well, unless you want to go all the way down to the ocean, we'll have to stay at this 'damn place',"

He knew at once she was right, there was no way he would make it, but he wouldn't turn around. He kept hopelessly pummeling the water, his lungs on fire. The water began to seep around him, and he found he was beginning to sink. He swore inwardly, and began to struggle up to the surface. His pistols and knives were dragging him down, but he couldn't release the buckle of his belt, and was losing the will to try as the emerald green depths closed around him. He felt himself drifting into unconsciousness.

Suddenly strong hands grasped him and he felt himself being dragged up to the surface. Suddenly he was in the sunshine again, gagging and coughing up water. Scarlette had ahold of his shirt, and was pulling him firmly towards the shore. They reached the shore, and both collapsed, gasping. He laughed weakly, looking over to where she was sitting sodden.
'It seems you were right.' She smiled back warmly.

On the horizon, the ship was out of sight.
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 01, 2004 07:57
Shalimar groaned, looking at the ship. She could still see it slightly. "Guess I'll have to get it."

She took off her sword and dove into the water, disappearing from sight. Someone tried to ask how she was going to get it, but she was already underwater. She swam down until the water became too dark for a normal person to see. She saw a large mantaray, looking it straight in the eye.

She then surfaced, swimming back to shore. She got out of the water, wringing her hair out. "Okay, it may be a day, but we'll get the boat back."

"What?" She said to everyone as they gave her a weird look. "Must I explain myself?" She sighed. "I guess I do. Some of you may know, others may not. I'm a feral, my DNA is paired with animal DNA. In turn, I get all these fabulous abilities, such as being able to run faster than any of you, excellent night vision, agility, and stealth. I also get a slightly bad temper, but hey, it's all good."

Shal put her sword harness back on, continuing. "Along with all of that I also get the limited ability to speak with animals. I don't do it often, but today we kinda needed me to. When I was underwater, I spoke with a mantaray. I asked him kindly if he could help us get our ship back. He said he can talk to some of the other fish in the sea, I'm assuming he meant a whale or something, I don't know. But he said he'd help get the ship back."

She shook her head and sat down on a log, staring at the water. She knew the others probably didn't believe her and she could hear them discussing her story amongst themselves.
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2004 03:15
Scarlette smiled warmly after she pulled Jacobe out form the water.
"You better not do that again. Or I won't help you."
Shalimar said she could talk to animals.
"Shalimar, are you serious?" Scarlette asked her, "You can speak with animals?"
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2004 06:12
Shal nodded. "Yea, I can. I don't do it often, and I'm sure there are others out there who can do it better than me, but I try. Besides, I prefer to speak to cats. I'm a feline feral, so that makes sense." She hooked a loose strand of wet hair behind her ear.
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 03, 2004 11:34
"I see," said Scarlette, "Well, I'm going to explore the place, see what is here and then when I;m hungr, I'll come back."
She got up and walked off.
I wonder what Papa and Mama are doing? I wonderif they are worried or not. I hope they're not. There's another cave. I think I'll take a look.
She got to the cave and went inside. It was dark and creepy. Scarlette was the only girl, next to her mother, who wasn't afriad of anthing. It was dripping water and the water echoed when it came to the ground. She got toward the middle of the cave and ehard something she had never heard before. She couldn't idenity what it was. When she saw it, she had no idea what it was.
Gorothtellumaiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2004 08:37
(ooc: AAAAAGHHH! sorry I haven't posted in so long, guys. Computer and I were feuding. But I won. Finally. Oh, and everybody, I actually finally found an idea for a plot, but it involves actually getting off the island, so try not to add any more new elements, though a new character is fine-that's for Mr. burning ears )
Winlatsi blinked. Shal could talk to animals? She'd seen some odd things in her day, but never anything this odd.
"So...what's going to happen to the boat?" she asked Shalimar.
"Don't worry about it, Captain. All that matters is that it gets back. But if you must know, I recruited some...helpers to manuver the ship back to the coast."
Winlatsi was impressed. She evidently had a very talented crew.
It was getting absolutely stifling on the beach. There were no clouds after the storm of last night, and practically no vegetation to shelter them from the fury of the sun. She decided to take a dip in the ocean.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email