Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
gabriel_legolas
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Aramus Inc.
on: May 04, 2004 03:57
(hey you guys, I don't mind if you backtrack a bit, but could you please not copy what others wrote for your entire post?)

::Marquis de Vilet::

The witch fell, hardly even touching the floor before her avatar faded. Kaori closed her eyes, probably at the loss of a friend. I know this wasn't real, and the player that was Reyna didn't exactly die. But, it came to a shock for all of us. Our first dead character. In a sense, I felt angry.

"How dare you!" I growled, "That's against the rules!"

"That girl was not important. She was simply in my way," he answered in a tone like we were having a tea party or something.

Kaori opened her eyes and in a low voice, she said, "Who do you think you are? Killing off people, taking us as prisoners, doing who else knows what?" She glared fiercely at him while trashing in her chair, trying to undo the bonds restraining her. He laughed. A cold laugh that stun like (dry ice or eating too much ice cream! just kidding) a slap in the face. She kept squirming. If I wasn't so perturbed, I would almost find it funny. I mean, picture this: Kaori tied to a chair, wiggling back and forth, pretty close to making a jump. Then there's Gaerwyn, hobbling up and down with her, the entire time going "Me-e-e-e-e-o-o-oo-oow!" from all that shaking.

"It's no use." Rhys muttered, all too loud.

"Shut up," snapped Kaori and continued her "antics". We all rolled our eyes, the thought of how pathetic this looked was starting to form in our heads. Nathaniel was getting bored.

"Please, before you hurt yourself," began Cowboy when we realized Gaerwyn fell through the ropes.

The vampire's smile vanished, and in a swish of this coat, he had fled the scene. Why did he leave? Unless there was some murderous trick he wanted to play on us... But for now, we were alone.

"Hey, a little help here?" we called to Gaerwyn.

"Hmmm... I think we should abandon Kaori in her chair," he replied. Ha ha.
Ringspell
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2004 07:28
::Cach De’Lynn::

I was in agony. Complete and pure. My head pounded and my heart throbbed, my whole body ached and shivered as though I had a horrible case of the flu. All that I could recognize was that we were all captured… tied to chairs… but the bounds seemed redundant in my case as he already had me bound in my own head. The Beast, Nathaniel was making small talk to the others… nothing his mind or heart was really in because his mind was in mine, smothering my aura and all wish for resistance. But resist I did, knowing what would happen if I didn’t. Suddenly his mind left mine freeing me. I looked about startled, trying to find what had differed his attentions.

Reyna! She had burned the ropes. She was free!

"Aha!" She grinned and shot her staff at him. I could literally feel his power well up inside of him as his anger bested him

"I will teach you a lesson.” He said rather calmly but I could hear the furry in his tone and see the madness in his eyes. “Next time, stay in your place."

Without warning he lashed his aura at her, bearing his strength down to crush her mind. She fell back a few steps, holding on to her head, yelping in pain. I gathered my severely weakened aura and threw it around her, trying to shield her, knowing that if I didn’t do something then she would die.

"Hang in there!" I whispered "I'm trying... to block it."

Nathaniel’s attention was back on me, suffocating my will with his, my head screamed and throbbed again, but inside I screamed louder because as he gained control over me my shield broke and I knew Rayna was dead before he smashed her mind. "Do not interfere with me." Nathaniel snapped at me, his voice echoing in my mind a thousand times over the same words. Inside I only screamed louder and my ears heard but didn’t register that others screamed with me.

The rest were lost in my thoughts as I battled with a much more powerful mind then my own. Not only was I not even breaching his mind but he even had enough thought left over to keep on a conversation as I could only sit in agony thankful for the cords that bound me because they kept me from falling to the floor with weakness.

The pain lifted suddenly, but not completely, I opened my eyes to see that Nathaniel, the Monster, had left the room. When I tired to see why by tracing his thoughts all I got was more pain and the words “Do not interfere with me” again.

I retracted, gasping for breath and shaking all over, my eyes barely focusing on the others bound around me.

“Is-” The word came out in a croak, I cleared my throat and tried again, “Is everyone ok?”

Someone, I’m not sure who as my eyes were still very blurry snorted and said sarcastically, “Yes, we’re all just peachy, Except for the fact that Rayna just got killed.” Aahh, Requel. I could recognize that tone anywhere. I smiled very faintly and answered seriously,

“With Nathaniel that’s not the worst thing that could happen.”

That’s right, my pet. A cold voice said in my mind. I cursed myself silently, I said his name! Now he can hear anything I say! How could I be so stupid?

Take care, darling. the Monster said silkily. You are free to talk, I have other matters that must be confronted. And with that I felt his presence completely leave my mind. My thoughts cleared swiftly and my eyes focused but my body still felt like it had been though a paper shredder.

“So then.” I said clearly, “What are we going to do? I could break the bonds but the room is sealed as well and I can’t open that without him knowing that I opened it. He’s busy at the moment so we can talk for a while at least.”
gabriel_legolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2004 12:25

After we had all untied each other, which took like five minutes, we sat about pondering on what should be done.

"It's rather obvious, is it not?" I mused.

Jazira cast a hopeful glance at me, "What?"

"The only member of our group here that can defeat Mr. Kinthley is," I walked over to "Cach. She's a vampire, he's a vampire, they both can beat people up with their minds, the similarities are endless."

She stared at me with uncertainty. "Réquel... you don't understand. It's not that easy."

True, there was also the risk of her getting killed and then we would be in a lot more trouble than we already are. But there's got to be a way to get out of here! We paused, each of us stuck in our own thoughts. Accck! And I STILL haven't come CLOSE to saving the princess. Who would have known this was to be so hard?

I abruptly rose. Tipping my hat, I declared, "If we are to wait for Nathaniel to come back, then consider me leaving. There is little point in this, therefore I shall find my own solution. Now then, kind ladies and sirs, who is with me?"

"But, the doors are locked," said Kaori.

I shook my head slightly, pacing towards a window. "Ahh, but some of us here seemed to have forgotten about this."

Looking through the opening, I instantly regretted my rash decision. The sight that greeted me was a straight ninety degree cliff. The forest on the bottom continued to stretch onward like a sea of green.

"So, mister know-it-all, what say you now?" inquired Jazira.

I cleared my throat. "What else do we do? Of course we should tell Draey to fly down and get us a rope!"

Sometimes, I amaze myself with my own creativity.
Saeran
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2004 04:21
((YAY!! I got new art supplies.....a shading stick!! And--no--it is not a pencil...))

::Kaori Saekye::

I glared at my feet. We were in a troubling predicament, and I had no way of fixing it. Requel took charge, as usual, and I was stuck with nothing to do. Even the animals were in on the fun.

I felt sad about Reyna. She had 'died', and there was no way to bring her back. The time difference was too broad. A second in the real world could be days in The Affair.

I heard a thump, and was pleased to see that we now had a rope. Draey had proven to be quite useful.......
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2004 05:35
((sorry took so long to post, my dad freaks when it comes to viruses, cause of all the recording equipment he has. I won't make my post long, I have a lot of threads to catch up in.))

::Syluna Navayelle::

When I got untied I put a hand gently on the back of my head. Sure enough, I felt something warm and sticky. Yuck. Well, at least it felt like it had stopped bleeding.

I looked around as everyone wondered how to get out. I grinned as Requel suggested that Draey help us out. I whistled and he flew from outside. He must have flown out there when I got knocked over the head.

Draey landed on my shoulder and I spoke to him softly. He disappeared out the window and returned with a rope. "It sure pays to have friends in high places." I laughed at my own stupid joke, trying to lighten the mood.
gabriel_legolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2004 04:50

I fastened the rope tightly next to the window, hoping that it won't let loose.

"So... who wants to be the first volunteer?" I implored, grinning sheepishly. True, it was my idea, but no use risking my life. No one looked at me in the eye, instead, we all kind of just stood there.

"I'll go." Announced Jazira as she stepped forward, which really surprised me.

"Very well, be careful," I said to her.

"Ack, this stuff's a sitch," she replied, blowing away my warnings.

Taking a firm grip on the rope, my friend began to descend down. She reminded me of a typical rock climber. Holding our breaths, we watched. Actually, Jazira was quite talented at this. Natural pirate skills, I suppose. What a relief.

We waited. Five minutes, ten minutes, fifteen minutes...

"Ahoy there mateys!" shouted her voice, "You comin' or what?"

So one by one, we all went down. After her, it was Kaori, then me, then Rhys, Cach, Syluna, and finally Juilette. It took more than an hour. By that time, it was about noon.

"Hey, uh, you guys, don't you think it'll be better if we just left? I mean, we are out of the mansion," said Rhys. Good point, only when Nathaniel finds out, he might decide to try to kill us again.

"You're not comprehending all the possibilities that could happen to us out here. Remember the wolves?" I reasoned. They nodded in agreement.

"I suppose we should go back to find him," said Kaori. *sigh* It wasn't easy, turning back, but we had to put an end to the vampire, one way or another. I just wish we find a plan before he does. In this game, crossed and garlic didn't exactly have an effect on such beings. Darn.

We walked to the front door. Taking a deep breath, our small band pushed inside.
aragornlvr912
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2004 01:01
::Jazira Sparrow::

Everyone walked inside. I was gettin' bloody bored. Why can't we just go KILL the wolves? Or anything ELSE that gets in my... our way?

So crosses and garlic don't work... "Couldn't we just STAKE the bloody vampyr and be done with it?" My goodness it works in Buffy... why wouldn't it work here?

(( I just finished watching Buffy... so I'm sayin' bloody 'cause of Spike :love: ))

"It's actually not that simple!" Kaori said as the others walked in behind me. "He's too strong for the whole, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" idea!"

"My god mates! Then how are we supposed to do it? I've got no magic... so I'm of no use!" I crossed my arms over my chest and started tapping my foot. Hopefully I'm sticking my point across!

((Just to let ya'll know... I'm not really used to sayin' things for other people... so please correct me if you must!))
gabriel_legolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2004 03:56

Jazira appeared rather pissed, not that I blame her or anything. But in all ways, I agreed with her. This was a problem that we were stumped in. The only person that really understood vampires was Cach, and she remained quiet. However... If I'm really that desperate...

"Er, Cach, do you have any knowledge that would assist us at this moment about vampires? You know, before we all get killed," I inquired in a pleading voice.

She gazed at the marble floor, pondering on what to say. "There is something... that you should probably know. Except, I'm not sure if this is really true..."

"Go on," said Syluna.

"He's a strong being, and he might not need to possess this..." she continued. Possess what? "All of our kind has a focus."

A what?

"It's like a source of power for us in the form of an object. Some vampires may have rings, necklaces, stones, whatever that is their focus. To destroy this item is to destroy them."

Okay, so that's everything easier if HE owns one of these focus thingies.

"But there's one condition (oh great), no one "mortal" can touch it. Only strong vampires. If you were to come in contact with it, then ZAP! You're outa here," finished Cach.
Adrien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2004 02:01
(oooh, my first RPG, this is exciting)

::Andrew Hamiltin::

Being friends with the manager's son always had an advantage, I thought cheerfully as I lifted the helmet over my head. Instead of using the public selections to create a character, I had my own personal collection of never-before-seen avatars. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm no football player, but I'm also not one of those nerds that come to Aramus Inc. 24/7. Of course, I still get straight A's, under my father's pressure. The Affair was actually a good game, one that was highly sophisticated and engaging.

Who should I be this time? Davit the Spellcaster? Nocolan the Warrior? No... I wanted someone who reflected my present mood... Vindarius.

Serious, fierce, rough, cold Vindarius, the wandering investigator who carried a silver pistol. In any case, he reminded me slightly of a marshal back in the Old West. I took one final glance of reality and logged into the game.

::Vindarius::

Oh right, the last time I played, I was in an inn, smack in the middle of Howler's Gate. Ordering a drink, I eyed the bartender.

"You," I said in a low undertone, beckoning the greasy man, "You look like you've seen a ghost, I reckon."

"P-pp--people'ss-s been d-d-ddd-dying... e-eevery now a-a-a-aaand then... bb-bbeen killed by the w-w-w-erew-w-wwwolves..."

Good setting for my kind of job.

"How much?" I demanded quietly.

"Huh?"

"How much gold will you pay me if I investigate this problem?" I growled.

"A-a-a-s m-mmmuch as you wwant... sir," he trembled. Sometimes I just enjoy frightening the AIs.

"Deal."
Saeran
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2004 04:55
((Hullo, Adrien. Good to 'ave you....
I'm making an online comic! Right now I just need to put up the work I've done so far....))

I yawned widely. I was nervous about defeating Nathaniel, of course, but right then I was tired. It was one thing to fight the bad guys, and totally another to do it sleepily. Then again, there was no problem with our numbers. It was all of our group against one vampire, right? Piece o' cake...

"We're idiots," I mumbled to Gaerwyn. "Trying to defeat a vampire!"

"D'ya really think so?" I hadn't noticed Rhys sneek beside us. "He'd still go after us. I mean, wasn't he the dude who controlls that dragon?"

"I....think so," Gaerwyn was scratching me with his hind claws nervously. "It's hard to say, in this place." I grabbed Gaerwyn by the scruff of his neck and dangled him in front of my face. "What is it, turd-face?" I asked him casually.

"Hmm, let me think," Gaerwyn was speaking in a low growl. "We're in the castle again, I don't think we have a good chance of surviving, and---oh, I forgot---Nathaniels right in front of us."

Oh. Now I understand, I thought to myself, because even I could see that Gaerwyn's words were true.
gabriel_legolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2004 01:57
(we want the princess to control the dragon right? Nathaniel's just a trouble-maker... tell me if I'm wrong because now I'm going to be confused. Ahh!)

You know those kind of days when it seems like you absolutely need more sleep and you're in a terrible mood and your eyes are all bloodshot? Well, that was how Nathaniel was.

Scary.

Instead of talking to us, I guess he just decided to greet us by pounding our poor little minds by using his power. Before I knew it, I was on the ground, wincing from the blow.

"Ugh..." I groaned, too concerned with my spliting pain than to say something disagreeable back. This is so unfair... But to my astonishment, and relief, it stopped.

Raising my head, I spotted him, baring his large fangs and snarling like an animal and lunging straight at me. Acting upon my conditioning's intelligence, for I was too frightened to really do anything smart, I kicked him in the stomach.

*snarl* Um... That was as freaky as my grandma's perfume but honestly, can Nathaniel at least say something?

"He's out of control!" cried Kaori.

That I could tell! Maybe it's because we found a way to leave the mansion. Well, it was his fault for being so confidant and careless.

"Look for his focus," said Cach, reminding us.

BANG. BANG. BANG. BANG.

Jumping around, I realized that the loud disturbance was Rhys, firing his pistols at the vampire. No effect.

BANGBANGBANG

It only made him angrier and now there were holes in his clothes. There weren't even blood dripping out! He kept advancing, stumbling slightly because of the force of the bullets. I could spy shreds of fabric tearing away. Suddenly, he was so close to Rhys that Nathaniel grabbed his neck, making the bandit drop his gun.

More snarls.

No matter how hard he struggled, it was not doing any good. Rhys was starting to choke.

"HEY! TAKE THIS!" Kaori came forward and plunged her claws into his back. I don't know if it had actually hurt him, but it worked. He let him go, and in return, lashed out his mind power again. Ouch.

I have a feeling this is going to get dirty.
Adrien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2004 02:15
(hi Saeran)

It did not take long to find wolf tracks in the forest. That was the easy part. The thing that was disturbing was how all the prints I encountered appeared to go in the same direction. Now this was unusual... Something must be up. What, I had no idea, but I was sure to get to the bottom of this.

A short way later, I found a body. Leaning closer, I concluded that it was but an AI, not yet deleted from the setting. That meant it just got killed. They were near.

Rising up from my discovery, I took off a hat and straightened my mangled black hair that was clipped medium length. A mess, but to most people, he was still cool. The good thing was my hair wasn't greasy, especially since I never really got a chance to clean it. My avatar was about 29 years old, though he definitely seems older. Taking out my silver pistol, I padded onward, watching every movement in the groves.
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2004 05:23
::Syluna Navayelle::

I watched as Nathaniel lunged at Requel and was unable to do anything. Draey however, was. He flew from my shoulder, flying towards Nathaniel's face, talons outstretched.

While Draey helped out Requel, I had a chance to just listen, hoping for a weakness or something. instead of finding anything about Nathaniel that could help us defeat him, I heard noise being made in the forest somewhere. I couldn't pin-point it exactly, so it must have been fairly far away.

I whistled, calling Draey to me. I then sent him into the forest to see who it was that I had heard. Draey flew off to investigate.
Saeran
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2004 05:50
((Gabriel--notice I was very vague when I said it could be Nathaniel... Yes, I know I am confusing, but I'm pretty sure it's the princess! Maybe I'll just change that little segment.....It's good that we have another male charicter, tho. Most have been girlz thus far!))

Nathaniel looked pissed. Really pissed. Oh--yeah--and slightly crazy, for that matter. It was almost like a rabid bear was attacking us... he even frothed at the mouth! All I have to say to that is: Ew. The only difference was that Nathaniel wasn't as hairy.

We were all doing pretty well at watching each others' backs. Cach was helpful enough to shout out advice and stuff. That was probably when I felt most thankful that our group included the vampire. She was a very good member to have on our side.

Unfortunately for us, our foe didn't seem to be affected by our assults. He was...berserk, sort of. It kinda reminded me of when Gaerwyn was eaten by the dragon when my avatar went berserk. Nathaniel's eyes were crazy and distant at the same time, which reminded me a lot of the look I had had...

Before I realized it, Nathaniel was upon me. Well, sort of. He was actually trying to rip Gaerwyn from my arms, but--hey--we're the same person. I still felt the pain either way. We sort of wrestled for a second, heaving the yowling creature back and forth between us (imagine a rabid dog fighting over a stick with a helpless todler), when I heard a bang and saw the end of Requel's rapier sticking out of Nathaniels chest...

But that didn't seem to stop the frothing vampire. I mean, he let go of my alternative self, but he kept on growling. Not to mention how he slid himself off of the rapier as if he were a peice of cheese on a toothpick. Yeah, I was pretty sure he was still alive--or undead, for a vampire--by the way he leaped at the marquis and started strangling him.....Lukily, Jazira skewerd Nathaniel before anyone could choke to death.

So the fighting went on, and I barely noticed the rustle of approaching footsteps in the shrubbery....barely.
gabriel_legolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 15, 2004 09:45

BANG A gunshot went off. Nathaniel shrieked, holding his wound. Wait a second... What just happened? I mean, I thought Rhys's pistol had no effect on him. Why did it hurt him now? Glancing at the direction of where the noise came from, I spotted someone else. A rugged man appeared by the doorway, led by Draey. His steel gaze wandered from me to the vampire, to everyone else in our group. His gun hung smoking by his side.

"Silver bullets. Ain't a creature such as him's favorite. Hurts a whole lot more than yours," he said gesturing to Rhys. His voice was like gravel scraping across a rough surface. "The names Vindarius."

I was just about to say something when Nathaniel got back on his feet. This time, Cach caught up with him. By their expression, I knew they had their minds locked. Somehow.

"What are ya waiting for? Shoot him again!" shouted Rhys to the newcomer. Vindarius glared at the bandit.

"Not my fight." Heh...heh...er, a man of few words eh?

Cach held on, but her weakening signs began to show. She too bared her fangs, though not as much.

"You... will... be defeated!" growl Nathaniel and thrashed her in the head. She fell, and we all came to her defense. At least we tried to because he gave us all another strike making us fall in our tracks.

"STOP IT!"

Blinking out my dizziness, Tiz came into the scene. Nathaniel ignored him, and continued to crush Cach's mind.

"I SAID STOP IT!"

This time, he stopped, and faced Tiz.

"What are you to do?"

"Leave her alone."

The monster laughed, taunting him.

"You dare defy me? I saved you!"

"That matters little now. Look at you, what kind of madness drove you here?"

He must have been getting impatient. With brute strength, Nathaniel sent Tiz flying across the room. The victim hit a wall. SNAP. Something must have broken...

Cach stared at the limp figure in shock. Then, as if a sudden wrath filled her, she sprang at Nathaniel. Though she was like a silent shadow, we could all tell that she was screaming inside. After all, Tiz was her closest friend.
Adrien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 15, 2004 10:00
(yeah, i noticed how there were only two guys. That's why my character's the gender he is...)

I stood in a corner, absorbing everything that took place. A lady with flowing white hair, who turned out to be a vampire as well, was furiously attacking the other vampire. This was interesting...

She pulled out a necklace hidden beneath his coat. Amethysts. Was that his focus?

Only one way to find out, I reached for my gun, and slowly but surely, began to aim.
Saeran
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2004 02:01

BANG!! The shot ehoed off the walls leaving behind an erie silence. I had been watching the fight closely, and saw the amthyst neclace shatter from the force of the silver bullet. Nathaniels eyes were wide, Cach's triumphant. His lips twisted into a deformed grin.

"You....will...never," the vampire rasped, "...defeat....him!" Without a second to spare, Nathaniel crumbled into sand and was swept away by an unseen wind.

"Damn!" I said under my breath. "How could he...?"

"Did'ya say somethin'?" Rhys was clutching an arm wound.

"No....I was just thinking about how creepy this place is," I was lying, of course. I couldn't tell them just yet....

"Tell me about it," the bandit rolled his eyes and shuddered. "Uh...would ya mind bandagin' this?" He shifted his arm stifly.

"Erm....I'll give you some herbs," I didn't want to heal anyone. Instead, it might be intiresting to meet the dark-haired stranger with the silver pistol. Digging through my belt-purse, I pulled out a strong painkiller and disinfectant. "Here. Just soak them in water for a minute and then put them over the cut."

Then, I walked over to the stranger and said, "Thank you for helping us."

((Sorry to not finish the conversation.....dinner calls!))
gabriel_legolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2004 05:12
(ah yes, Saeran's dinner of a plate full of dust mites... *looks disgustingly at her licking at her empty plate* By the way, how'd your mom manage to get a kimono? That's so cool! I wanna try it on! take pictures!)

Cach rushed to her fallen friend, who was already starting to fade. She said nothing, nor did she make a sound. Gently, she placed his horned head onto her lap, and wiped away the beads of sweat forming on his forehead.

"Tiz, I'm sor-"

"Shhhh," he hushed her. She obeyed by nodding. "The good news is that... that I'm finally a free soul... and you don't have to worry about him again... farewell... perhaps we shall meet in a better world."

"Thank you, not just for saving my life... but for your kindness... Goodbye... Sleep well."

Cach didn't cry, but I realized that I was close to tears, so was Syluna and Jazira. Rhys, on the other hand, was blubbering. In no more than a few seconds, Tiz was gone.

"Come on, lets leave her alone for a while," suggested Syluna. We agreed and caught up with Kaori talking with Vindarius.

Taking off my hat in respect, I said, "I believe we owe you some gratitude for your aid. My name is Réquel de Vilet, or formally known as the Marquis de Vilet. How goes with one?"

He studied me for a moment, and tilting his head to show that I was heard, he grunted.

Well excuse me.

"Right then," I continued, "might you introduce yourself?"

[Edited on 20/5/2004 by gabriel_legolas]
Adrien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2004 11:59
(Geez, high and mighty, aren't you Gabriel?)

"You know my name already," I meant no offense, but the Marquis's attitude was a little too... pompous. Too proper. And with my character, I didn't mind my p's and q's. Anyway, it was slightly amusing to annoy him.

"Other than your name!" Blurted out a bandit.

Chuckling to myself in a satisfied sort of fashion, I explained to them about my investigation and how it led to the mansion.

"What doesn't fit though, is how everything seemed to act accordingly as to what that dragon, the one we met back in the forest, wished. It is as if they are following someone's will," thought the Frenchie, not that he had an accent (it was sort of sophisticated sounding, I couldn't really tell). He did have a point though, and it caught my attention.

"Mind if I join?" I drawled.

"Sure, the more the merrier," piped a girl who came up to thank me earlier.

"Then it's settled, we leave as soon as the horses are prepared," the marquis cut in. Fine with me.
Saeran
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2004 01:47
((Haha, Gabriel, you're a Frenchie!! D'you really wanna see it? *takes quick picture on diggie-cam and goes to photobucket* here it is: http://img23.photobucket.com/albums/v68/Tohya-Miho/DSC00084.jpg! Pretty, ain't it? I also changed my avatar and siggie. Now they feature Rei from Neon Genesis Evangelion!! I just saw the movie, again, so I'm a little obsessed...))

"So it's all over, now?" Jazira asked. "I mean, no more vampires or dragons?" Vindarius was cleaning his pistol with a rag.

"Uh...the later one could be a problem," I grumbled.

"Huh!?" Rhys seemed annoyed. "Y'mean t' tell me that tha' dragon wasn't that damn vampire's evil minion?"

"Pretty mutch; yeah," I hated to break the news. Everyone silently cursed under thier breath. I didn't blame them.

"Well, I do not believe that we should let it bother us," Requel, as usual, was on top of things. I was beginning to wonder if Katherine was enjoying her status a little too mutch. "We've beaten it before, haven't we?"

Everyone was silent. Syluna helped preen Draey and kept her eyes down. Everyone else shifted uncomfertably or drew in the dirt with thier shoes.

I clutched Gaerwyn so tightly that he yowled out, " Can we puh-lease get a move on!! Kaori is going to kill me with worry, and I would like to leave as soon as possible!"

"Oh, shut up, Gaerwyn," I growled in return. "If you want to go so badly, why don't you just find someone else to hang around?!"

To my surprise, Cach spoke, "He's right, you know." Her voice was slightly scratchy from the loss of Tiz, "This place is still dangerous."

So, without further ado, we began our leave.
gabriel_legolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2004 02:51
(Heeeeeeeeeeey, you guys are so mean! I don't deserve this. And Saeran, stop spell 'their' wrong! It's not 'thier', it's their! GEEZ!!! I can't believe you! That's like one of the easiest words to spell! *which shows how special you are...hee hee. Now, what do you want for your birthday?)

Tightening General's saddle, I hugged his head/muzzle/whatever in a girly fashion. Sorry Réquel for being a girl and all, but hey, it's my nature. My horse snorted, which reminded me of Saeran. I pulled back, you never know if there's going to be snot... Syluna also had her horse and Draey.

"We first need to go back to the inn and claim our promised rewards. Then, we should prepare for the mountains. I can tell already that by the way we're dressed, none of us are ready. Temperatures drop pretty low at high altitudes," announced Kaori.

I was there thinking, oh my god, I don't wanna walk all the way back. But to my astonishment, it took less than ten minutes. Nathaniel must have interfered earlier. When we reached the building, the bartender looked so astonished, it was hard not to laugh. So we got our gold. LOTS of gold. So much that we had to save them in our digital inventory.

"Er, we're headed fer the mountains. You got someplace we can get coats?" asked Rhys.

"Yeah, there's a supply store right behind th' inn," said the bartender, gesturing to it.

"Right, thanks," we finished and made our way.

Aside from the storekeepers daughter who kept gawking at Vindarius, Rhys and I, as if deciding who she should flirt with, everything went well. We purchased eight heavy coats that resembled eskimo jackets with the fur lining and all, two ropes, extra food, and a bunch of other "emergency supplies". I bought a hunting knife, for the great outdoors. (oh, great).

Standing by a mirror, we tried on our coats.

"Hey Kaori," I uttered, "Does this article of clothing make my appearance look fat?" She stared me.

"Katherine, no one cares!" she whispered back.

"I care how beautiful I am!" I muttered furiously.

"God, I can't believe you! Even though you're Réquel, you're STILL exactly like Katherine. Why are you so vain?"

"I can't do anything about my personality! And how do you know that Réquel's not vain? By the way, you keep on telling me about how I haven't changed, was I supposed to?"

She rolled her eyes, "That's not what I meant."
Saeran
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2004 01:37
((Hmmm. In your last post I realized that you are really like that in reality. You know...vain...spelling paranoid...conceited... heh heh, just joking, Gabriel.))

Kaori examined herself in a mirror, "And, anyway, guy's don't have figures. It's not like you have hips to show of, or anything."

"Yeah, but guys have muscles!" Katherine was indignant. "If they don't have those, they look bad!"

"You can't see your muscles through that coat, Katherine," I sighed as I combed my hair.

"Did someone say 'muscles'?" Rhys popped up. He flexed, and bunched up his biseps . They were clearly visible under the thick eskimo coat. I silently cursed his timing. Requel grimaced and looked like he would barf. I couldn't blame him.

"Put those away! Were having a serious conversation, here." When the bandit gave me a questioning look I added, "A girl conversation." Whatever he was thinking, I didn't want to know. It was probably something perverted, knowing him. Anyways, after giving one longing look at his arms, Rhys left.

"Well," Requel was back. "I think we should get going."

[Edited on 18/5/2004 by Saeran]
gabriel_legolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2004 02:10

Somehow, our little talk took off in the wrong direction. Saeran had to make me sound hideously stupid by pointing out that I couldn't see my muscles through the coat. Eww, like I wanted to. I didn't mean it that way. And Rhys... what is his obsession with his biceps anyway? Sure, they're big and all, but that was gross. There are times when you just have to quit showing off while you're ahead.

Finally, we set off... (sorry, I have to go!)
aragornlvr912
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2004 02:29
::Jazira Sparrow::

I stared at my reflection in the mirror. There was still blood on my forehead. I wonder 'ow long THAT'S been there! My hair was a mess... and, I think I needed a bath. I should've taken one at Nu... whatever 'is name was mansion!

Kaori and Réquel were arguing about how their jackets looked on them, and how men didn't have figures. Then Rhys walks over and shows of his biceps.

I looked over at Réquel, the look on his face was classic. He was deffinatly grossed out by them. I laughed. Réquel looked over and smiled. Man... if he/she wasn't my best friend I would SO be hitting on him right now!

And WHY am I thinking about this? I SO need a better boyfriend! "So... where exactally are we goin' mates?" A just question my leige!
Adrien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 19, 2004 12:33

I stood a good distance away from Réquel and his discussion about biceps with his friends. Hopefully, I won't regret going on this trip before we reach the mountains... Taking a deep breath, I walked out the door.

"That's a sweet gun you got there; my name's Rhys Jones," a voice called. Instead of answering, I turned to face him. "You, uh, mind if I try it?" By the look on his face and the way he sounded, Rhys was starting to admire me.

"Go ahead, jus' don't harm my baby and you'll be fine," I said, taking the pistol out. It gleamed brightly in the sun, causing him to squint. He took it carefully, as if it was something delicate and aimed.

BANG! Some people jumped at the sudden noise and a white horse neighed angrily. Réquel glared at Rhys.

"Nice shot," I commented.

"Thanks, I practice when I can," he said and handed it back to me.

"But you've gotta work on your stance."

He had an expression as if I had popped his bubble of pride. Oh well, I did speak the truth.

Our group headed towards the mountains that seemed close enough, yet I knew it would be a few more hours before we reached there. Kaori and Réquel led while some people wandered back and forth from the front end to the back, talking merrily with each other. I stuck close to Rhys and had him tell me of what took place before I joined. That boy, since he was young compared to my avatar, reminded me of a pup who didn't understand certain things that occurred in human life. For one, I could tell he fancied Kaori. And also, he was the rival of our Frenchie. So I should try to get along with Réquel for I didn't want to be dragged into this competition.

I also learned everyone's names. The vampire was called Cach, Jazira was a pirate, Juilette was also in the group and Syluna was an elf. I don't think she liked me very much. Maybe it was my appearance, not that I really cared. Before I came was a girl by the name of Reyna, but from what I heard, she was killed by the 'dead' vampire.

After about an hour, we had traveled a long distance. Of course, we haven't reached the mountain's summit, but the temperature was starting to chill.
Ringspell
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 19, 2004 03:42
((Ooppsss sorry for my not writing. You all did great though! I had to go to my Dad’s this weekend and his internet was out and then on my way home I got in a bad car crash and was in the hospital for about a day. I know; excuses excuses…))

::Cach De’Lynn::

My heart ached for the loss of Tiz. He gave up his life for me and that’s not something I was likely to forget soon. But I began to come out of my depression, slowly. By the time we reached the summit I was feeling loads better about life in general for one simple reason: Nathaniel was gone. That fact lit up my day and made me feel almost giddy. And for a vampire that’s weird. Nathaniel has been a black shadow on my character for as long as I’ve played her and she was clearly happy to be free of him. As was I; what a creep!!

On our journey I began to notice a little more closely the stranger/savior that was Vindarius. It was hard not to notice him. Not just because he was the only male on our little outing that wasn’t a complete idiot or really a girl, but something about him seemed to spark my interest. I listened to him talk with Rhys, who clearly hero-worshiped him. I couldn’t gather much of his past from what he was saying but that only furthered to flame my curiosity.

As we stopped at the summit for a break I found my eyes lingering on the gunslinger. His light blue eyes seemed to contradict his serious manners, they almost seemed kind where as his rugged facial features suggested ruthlessness. But regardless of contradicting features he was hot. I’ve always had a thing for the rough, slightly dangerous type. I looked away when he noticed me staring and absentmindedly twirled a piece of my white hair around my finger. When I noticed what I was doing I pulled my hands away from my hair and glared angrily at a nearby tree. Why was I acting so… girly? This was not normal behavior for a vampiress. Or maybe it was. Ever since I became a vampiress there was Nathaniel controlling me. Did he make me not be able to like anyone else? I wouldn’t put it past him…

I pulled my thick coat tighter around me for warmth as I sorted though my thoughts. It wasn’t really necessary however. Cach couldn’t catch a cold. I could sit in a snow bank naked and not get frost bite or even a sniffle. The thought made me smile and I unintentionally glanced at Vindarius. Unbidden, and preferably unmentionable, thoughts came to my mind and I felt my cheeks go hot. How could I even think that! I turned away quickly so the others wouldn’t see me blushing and restrained a giggle. Wow. I was really acted oddly. Imagine; Cach De’Lynn blushing! Of course the most I would blush would be maybe a pink tinge but it was the thought that counted.

((Tee Hee.. another side of Cach we’ve never seen before.:evil: ))
gabriel_legolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 20, 2004 03:45
(aww, that's cute! I guess Cach is full of surprises.)

Maybe it was just the game or maybe it's been forever since I've been to an actual mountain, but for some reason, I had never noticed how beautiful snowflakes could be. My first desire was to stick out my tongue and try to catch as many white flurries as possible. But I didn't want to risk Réquel's image. Anyway, gentlemen don't eat snow. Darn...

Oh well, back to the story. So because it was getting cold, we all put on our coats (duh). We continued to trek onwards, and our progress was pretty smooth.

"Somethin' ain't smelling right," complained Rhys.

"With you, nothing smells right," I said dryly.

"Shut up! I don't like snow, all right?"

I stared at him with my eyebrows raised as if to say, what are you talking about, loser?

"Haven't you heard about the Yeti?" I can't believe him.

"How is it possible for someone to be so gullible? Are you trying to tell me that you fall for these old superstitions?" I leered.

He was quiet for a moment, as if loss for words. Then he countered again, "Okay, how 'bout this, what about the Donner Party?" I rolled my eyes. Sure, there was a BIG chance we'd end up eating each other.

"Even if we had to resort to cannibalism, I'd rather die than swallow you. Though I probably would die from that as well."

Having taken enough of my sharp comments, he left and went back to talking to Vindarius.

To tell of the truth, I didn't know what my opinions of the "lone wolf" were. Mixed emotions, I suppose... I mean, he did sort of save us and all, but why did he have to be so anti-social towards me? Did he think I was immature or something? (well, yeah I agree with that but...)

Before I had time to establish an outlook of the whole situation, a small village sitting in a valley came into view. It had about, oh let's say, fifteen buildings and another inn. Oh goody, we don't have to camp out.

"Réquel, what does the map say?" asked Kaori. I rummaged through my pocket and pulled it out.

"It is identified as... er... Nor-cone-a," I said, not sure how to pronounce the name.

"You mean Nor'cona?"

"Yes, of course, that too," I muttered to myself.

"Well, let's head down. I think it's the last village we'll pass until we come out of the mountains," Kaori announced.
Saeran
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 20, 2004 04:09
(Yeah...That really is sweet with Cach and Vindarius...Oh, btw....I HAVE RHY'S PROFILE UP!!!! YOU CAN LOOK AT IT HERE:http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=RPG&file=index&action=viewcharacter&uid=30012!! yay...)

I happily gazed at the snowflakes and twinkling village below. Gaerwyn was snuggled safely within the depths of my coat, acting as a little private furnace. I glanced over at Rhys, who was happily chatting with Vindarius.

"What a donkey's butt," I muttered to myself. Except I didn't say 'donkey'....or 'butt'. "He could at least give the guy some air-space!"

"You're jealous," Gaerwyn was as ornery as ever. He poked his pale head out of his haven, his green eyes inspecting the inn below.

"No, I'm not, you fool!" I shoved the cat back into my jaket as an act of protest. "There's no time for that, anyways!!" I glanced at the small town. We were at it's outskirts by now. "You'd better shut your trap, this time," I warned. Requel was striding up to the first building he saw: a cozy little inn that was glowing with orange candlelight.

"Well, let's go in the inn!!" Rhys was sounding like a retard, again. After a moment he added, "Hey, that rhymes!! I'm a poet, and I don't even know it!" I smacked my head in dread ((haha, I'm a poet too)).

Gaerwyn finished my thoughts by saying aloud, "You're a retard."

Rhys gave the cat a look of child-like offence, and haughtily stepped inside the tavern after his new buddy, Vindarius. Cach stared admiringly after the gunslinger with a pink tinge in her cheeks, as well. Well, the guy sure is popular with the ladies....and men, a repulsive thought of Rhys drooling popped in my head. Feeling quite sick, I tumbled after Jazira in an effort to prevent myself from puking.

Lovely.
Adrien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2004 12:22

Actually, I didn't mind Rhys's company. He was the one doing all the talking and I just had to nod and grunt. Easy. We walked into the inn and found ourselves a table. Most customers were the locals. Hmm, they certainly did have a way of dressing. They wore braided beards, heavy coats and helmets that reminded me of Vikings. The women were pretty similar; all big and robust. Jazira volunteered to get us some ale but Kaori suggested hot cocoa would be fine. What happened to getting drunk? Obviously, Rhys sat next to me. On my other side, Cach swirled her drink with a spoon gingerly. I think she perfers to drink blood. When she caught me looking at her, she quickly stopped.

"Excuse me?" she asked.

"Oh, nothing." I answered.

The awkward moment was interupted when Kaori pounded the table to get our attention. "I say we stay here for the night and get on with our trip tomorrow morning." Sure, as long as no one sleeps in.

"Right then, everyone find yourself a bunk buddy," Réquel stood forward. Rhys came towards me and I nodded. Syluna was with Juilette and Cach was with Kaori. That left Réquel with Rhys and I. Why do I get this feeling like I'm not going to get enough sleep tonight?
Saeran
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2004 04:40
((I just drew the coolest picture of Kaori! I love you, Photoshop 7.0!! You can see it here: http://img23.photobucket.com/albums/v68/Tohya-Miho/lovely.jpg...))

"Alrighty, then," I said, yawning. I was suprisingly tired... "But I think I'll go for a bit of a walk before sleeping, Cach..."

We exchanged nodds.

I went outside with Gaerwyn padding beside me. He didn't appear to mind the cold that mutch. The snow was drifting beutifully. It was hard to resist the urge to make a snow angel...So instead I made snowmen.

In fact, I made a small one of each of our party members.

I put Requel in the front, with his fru-fru hat pointing off into the distance. I was beside him holding a little snow-Gaerwyn, and Rhys was bowing down at Vindarius who was holding an unreasonably large pistol. Cach was looking mysteriously off into the distance, with, somehow, her cloak flowing behind her. Jazira was grinning and, as I made a point to show, had no golden or rotting teeth. Juilette was shooting a power-ball at Rhys, and right beside him was also a gravestone that said: "Here sleeps Tiz and Reyna" with a heart below it.

By the time I finished our little 'group photo', Gaerwyn was shivering, and it seemed to be about midnight. "Wh-why d-d-d-did y-you h-have t-t-to take s-so l-l-long?!" Gaerwyn was shivering like a leaf.

"I dunno," The truth was; I didn't know. "I just felt like making snowmen... and women."

He glared at me. "Let's go to bed."

So we did.
gabriel_legolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2004 10:13
(ok, where is Gil-Galad? I don't think she goes on anymore)

It was just our luck that the room we were sharing had two beds. There were three of us. And because of Vindarius's fierce nature, no one dared to rob him of his bed. That left Rhys and I to fight over it.

"Hey, who said you get to sleep on it?" demanded the bandit when I plopped on, hugging some random pillow.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I claimed this spot first. It seems to me that you are going to be spending tonight on the cold stone floor. I'm so sorry." He glared at me but kept quiet after recieving a look from Vindarius. Since he was on the floor, he didn't bother changing into his retarded pjs. Neither did I, not that I had any pajamas, instead I tossed my furry coat and Réquel's jacket at the foot of the bed. Loosening the lace around my neck, I fell fast asleep.

A ring of laughter and music snapped my eyes open. It was then that I became aware of how I was back in my own body. A wide gown of pale green had replaced my usual outfit. And it was harder to breathe; a corset? The only thing that wasn't tied to a time period was my hair, which was similar to Belle's from Beauty and the Beast. At least, I thought studying the 18th century Katherine in the mirror conviently located across the room, at least I don't have a stupid hairdo like that woman standing next to me. Her hair was rolled into large locks and decorated with artificial birds.

"Excuse me mademoiselle, would you care to dance?" offered a familiar voice behind me.

"Er, Réquel?"

He was dressed to impress, and it wasn't ridiculous-looking.

"I, uh, don't know how..." Smiling, he took me by my arm.

"Of course you do, it's in your blood," he said casually, leading me into the whirl of dancers. He put a firm but gentle hand upon my waist and we were off. Surprisingly, it was easy though I had never done this in my life. The feeling was so wonderful, like floating. For the entire time, I felt safe in his confidant protection, guiding me.

We talked about our lives and how we felt about things. Even if he was just an avatar, I listened attentively. For some reason, everything was so real... Before I realized what was going on, it happened. Why was my heart beating so intensely? I could sense myself blushing. It was making me uncomfortable.

"So," I said, trying to push away my uneasiness, "where are we?"

"Oh Katherine! You have got to pay more attention in history class! You are in the Hall of Mirrors at the Palace of Versailles. I suppose you're wondering when we are as well," he sighed. I nodded.

"Before the revolution took ahold of France..."

"WAKE UP!" shouted Rhys, interupting me from my dream. Or was it?
Adrien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2004 10:19

Since it was my habit, I rose up earlier than everyone else. Rhys was snoring peacefully while Réquel hid in his sea of sheets. Quietly, I paced out the door and reached the entrance of the inn. Some people had already filled the tables and were sipping their coffee. Funny, if you think about it, the game had a bazzare mix of different elements. After all, medevil people and coffee and cowboys didn't exist at the same time. Pushing outside, a draft of frosty wind blew in my face. There weren't much activity going on. The only peculiar sight was a set of well-made snow people that resembled certain things. Someone had been busy last night... I didn't bother to observe it.

"Do you find it satisfying to be alone?"

I turned around and Cach came into view.

"At times, everyone does," I replied.

"I see."

"And you, my lady? What does loneness mean to you?" I inquired due to curiousity.

"It's cold, but welcoming at the same time."

I nodded, agreeing with her opinion.
gabriel_legolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2004 06:45

"Can't you see... that I'm trying to... sleep?" My words were caught between yawns. I rubbed my eyes and a very annoyed Rhys came into focus.

"Fine, we'll just have to leave without ya," he said.

Ignoring him, I gathered my belongings and left the room. Rude, but who cares? Kaori, Cach and Vindarius were already prepared.

"Here, drink this. And make sure you eat plenty," said Kaori. She was starting to sound like my mom or something. But nevertheless, I swigged the brown liquid and discovered that it was coffee. By the time I finished, everyone else had joined as well.

"Oy, I'm guessing we're gonna climb those mountains today?" questioned Jazira.

"Well, it ain't gonna be what I'm lookin' forward to," whinned Rhys.

I hope he falls off an icy cliff.
Saeran
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2004 12:03
((Oh, so now I'm your mother. Nice.))

"It shouldn't be too bad," I took a long swig of orange juice. "Due to popular protest from fools like Rhys, the aggrivation level on the mountains was dropped a lot. Too many beutiful warriors were coming out of the ridge sweaty. It should be an easy trip."

Gaerwyn rolled his eyes at us, and I saw Jazira look nervously at the highest peek. Rhys looked a little pissed. Well, I had just dissed him in front of his rool model. Vindarius looked unconcerned.

"Erm, well, I guess we should be going," the Marquis was acting brave for the other's benifit.

"Y-yeah," Jazira looked a little unsure, still. I put a reassuring hand on her shoulder, careful to not scratch her with my claws.

"There's no altitude, either, now," I added. Migranes were not fun, as I recalled. "No headaches included."

We walked outside, and I saw Rhys gap at my snow-figures, "Who th' 'ell di' that!!" His full-fledged redneckism was showing in his voice. "Wait a secon'...Thas' me!! Bowin' down to...to Vindarius?"

I grinned and walked with Requel to the front of the group. There was a gentle slope as we headed up the mountain side...
gabriel_legolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 25, 2004 03:58

I snickered loudly as I passed Rhys, motioning to his snowman. A bouquet of roses bloomed noticeably on his cheeks as he silently walked to the back of the group, staying a good distance away from Vindarius. Serves him right, that suck up...

Holding on to General's reigns, I chatted with Jazira.

"You enjoy hiking?"

"Ain't my stuff, if you know what I mean. Fer cryin' out loud, these coats are enough to carry even when yer walkn' on flat roads," she replied.

It was true, for every step we took, our coats got heavier. By the time we set out, a blizzard hit us. So even if we wanted to take it off, we couldn't, unless we wanted to catch a cold. Huge puffs of snow slapped at our faces. Very annoying when you're trying to look where you are going.

"Hey, uh, guys?" yelled Syluna, "I think... we should set up camp until the storm stops!" We paused, gathering close together.

"With what? We can't just get out our sleeping bags right here on the snow!" said Juilette. Well, there was that good chance one of us would freeze to death overnight. Now this was something I didn't want to happen.

Vindarius stepped forward. He reached inside one of his many pockets and found a disk. Okay, like we can all fit under a plate. Pressing a button to the side of the mysterious object, we examined with great curiosity. It glowed a warm orange color and a hologram popped up. Er, it was a hologram, but it then became solid. The plate was now a full four room tent. Whoa.

"It's complete with two bedrooms, a kitchen, bathroom, and indoor heating, just in case," said Vindarius, studying the marvel with pride.

"How did you come across such a brilliant item?" asked a wide-eyed Kaori.

"Special rare items, ma'am, I'm also a collector of these things," said the guy, as if it was no big deal at all. Without lingering for another minute, we all rushed inside.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email