Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Oitur
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Which parts in any LotR made u cry?
on: April 02, 2004 06:20
Lemme see if I can remember... a rare thing mind you

I loved the scene with Frodo and Sam on the Mount Doom and Sam said "I can't carry it Mr. Frodo, but I can carry you" that was unbelievable, so beautiful!!

When Frodo left Mithlond with Gandalf and the Elves for Valinor, and seein the looks on his friends' faces was just heartbreaking, but it was a great scene!!

Pippin's song durin Faramir's run, that was soooooooo wicked it was wicked beautiful!!

The Coronation of Aragorn, his song, the bowing to Frodo and the hobbits... Aragorn wedding Arwen

I cannot think of anymore, my memory is exhausted lol

If I do think of anymore I will list some!

later

[Edited on 3/4/2004 by Oitur]

[Edited on 2/6/2004 by Oitur]
nienna29
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2004 08:55
Erg! I can't seem to recall as much as I want to. The breadth of these movies overwhelm me... I'll try anyway, though at random.

!!!

Boromir telling Aragorn, "I would have followed you my brother, my captain, my king!" all the way until Aragorn stands up after kissing Boromir on the forehead, with a tear streaking down his face

!!!

The scene between Elrond and Arwen when he asks her if he does not have her love also. Arwen answers that he does and she moves into an embrace with her father

!!!

"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!" Who would not cry with that line?!

!!!

For some reason, the lighting of the beacons in RotK. I think it was the music and the beautiful sweeping cinematography that touched me.

!!!

Pippin's song. Aaah... he has the cutest face and a voice to match. The fact that his voice was ringing out as the battle started was powerful.

!!!

The whole coronation scene: Aragorn's song, his meeting the Elves, and most of all, the poignant homage: "My friends, you bow to noone." Again, beautiful score.

!!!

Frodo's peaceful smile as he looked back at Merry, Pippin and Sam after boarding the boat to Valinor. It was unbelievably touching because you knew it was the end and that all did turn out wonderfully. I was happy for them all and astounded by the magnificence of the film so I was crying until the credits rolled...

Niennafefalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2004 03:09
FotR: i didn't cry. but i ALMOST cried when Gandalf "died" and Boromir died.

TTT: don't think i cried at all!

RotK: most of it! when Pippin asked meery if they would see each other again, and all of that bit. when pippin sang to denethor and the faramir going to osgiliath bit, not so much crying there though, more sniffing.
when theoden died
when frodo told sam to go home.
the "if i would have married anyone..." bit.
when frodo went to the undying lands
tar_hazelton
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2004 07:18
I cried in ROTK when they lit the beacons. That scene is emotionally manipulating. Great scene.
WhiteDragonfly
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2004 08:34
FotR: I didn't.

TT: When Gollum thought that he had been tricked by Frodo. Poor creature! I couldn't imagine how he felt to be betrayed like that... even though it wasn't Frodo's fault... Poor Frodo too! :cry:

- When Elrond talked to Arwen. I cried because she wouldn't listen to him! I really wanted her to sail to the Grey Havens with her father! Then I noticed that some people were getting mad at Elrond for trying to protect his daughter! He was only trying to help her save her future! That made me cry even more! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

RotK: Never. Until the end. But I felt like crying throughout the entire movie, I just didn't want to make a big scene.

[Edited on 5/4/2004 by WhiteDragonfly]
EruanwenSaeriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2004 04:36
First, I'd like to say that without Howard Shore's score, many of the most poignant scenes would have been much less so.

My all time favourite and I think the best death scene was Boromir's. Not just the part when he's lying on the ground with Aragorn over him, but the whole shocking scene as he gets hit by the arrows (particularly the last one); the look he gives the hobbits as if he has failed them; as he looks up at Lurtz. Absolutely riveting. I've watched it several times and each time I cry.

I was also touched by Haldir's and Gandalf's deaths (though it was a bit spoiled by my reading the books and knowing that Gandalf comes back) - again the music score was what set me off - haunting, beautiful - I just ordered all three sound tracks.

In ROTK - the coronation, the Grey Havens.
Isilmawiell
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2004 11:31
FotR:
- Gandalf's "death"
- "I made a promise..."

TTT:
-Sam's speech

RotK:
Can I say during the whole movie??

I usually never cry during movies but Lord of the Rings really made me cry.

Pip_and_Leggy_fan
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2004 04:10
I didn't cry during the first two, but all the times I cried during RotK makes up for it. I cried at:
Merry and Pippin's separation
When Pippin was singing
When Theoden died
From when the Eagles picked up Frodo and Sam until the end of the movie
I've cried all three times I've seen it and probably will again when it comes out on video and then again at the extended version.
Nurwen_Calafalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2004 06:36
Same with me! I cried:

-when Frodo tells Sam to go home
-during the Pelennor fields
-when Merry sees off Pippin and Gandalf who head for Gondor
-when the beacons were lighted
-Théoden's death
-and basically the last 20 minutes of the movie...maybe more (starting where Sam carries Frodo to Mount Doom "I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!")
-the credits

I feel a little wimpy seeing just how many parts I cried in, but then again, it's the Lord of the Rings we're talking about here, so I am free of shame...
greenleafsgal
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 08, 2004 07:41
During RotK, I cried at Theoden's (book as well), Aragorn's 'For Frodo' line made me tear up, and, of course, when Frodo says good-bye. I made it until Sam and then I was really quite choked up. I surprised myself.
Oh, did any of you cry when you saw the words, the end? I did, again. It just made it such a reality that the trilogy was over.
I'm being pathetic, I know, sorry. But, I'm crazy about the awesome things, what more can I say?
LadyOfGondor85
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 09, 2004 07:50
In Fellowship, I cried when Boromir died...
In Two Towers, when Haldir died...
And in ROTK, when Faramir was in a coma i think...and at the very end because everything was alll over and they were all happy
Divinity
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2004 12:20
I didn't flat out cry but my eyes watered bad . :cry: most of the time I was to tense waiting for the next thing ti happen .
cbhalstead
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2004 05:09
Boromir telling Aragorn, "I would have followed you my brother, my captain, my king!" all the way until Aragorn stands up after kissing Boromir on the forehead, with a tear streaking down his face

I cried from this point till the end. I cry easy.

In TTT I cried when Faramir is talking about the Haradrim archer that he has just killed. The whole "if he was truly evil at heart."
When Merry and Pippin are talking and Pippin wants to just go home and Merry says, "The fires of Isengard will spread, and the woods of Tuckborough and Buckland will burn. And all that was once green and good in this world will be gone. There won't be a Shire, Pippin."

And the Frodo and Sam scenes from the point where Frodo draws sting on Sam and he says, "It's me. It's your Sam. Don't you know your Sam?" Frodo drops Sting and says,"I can't do this, Sam." And Sam says, "I know, It's all wrong. By rights, we shouldn't even be here. But we are. It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end... because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was...when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing...this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines, it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you...that meant something. Even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories...had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going...because they were holding on to something." Then Frodo asks, "What are we holding on to, Sam?" Sam begins to walk over to Frodo and the camera zooms in on Gollum and you can tell that what Sam is talking about is touching him also. He picks Frodo up and says, "That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it's worth fighting for." And then Frodo is crying and Faramir walks over to Frodo and says, "I think at last we understand one another, Frodo Baggins." And Faramir forfeits his life. I cry like a baby that whole scene.:cry:
And then you have to laugh with the whole Merry and Pippin scene when they are standing in Isengard and Merry is measuring himself to Pippin and Pip says he starving and he finds the apple and looks up. As if he is waiting for Aragorn to throw one down again.
And then the end when Sam is asking if Frodo thinks they will ever be put into songs or tales. That whole thing makes me cry, AGAIN.:cry:
And in RotK, I must've cried 2 hours out of the 3 and a half. There was so much that I cried about. I think the one thing that really touched my heart was when Pippin and Gandalf were talking about the Grey Havens, and Pippin says, "I didn't think it would end this way." And Gandalf says, " End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it." And Pippin asks, "What? Gandalf? See what?" And Gandalf replies, "White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise." And Pippin says, "Well, that isn't so bad." And Gandalf smiles and says, "No. No, it isn't." Above all I think that was the one part in the movie that means most. I'd like to think that is how it is when we all die. So beautiful, so amazing.
Sorry so this was so long, these are but a few of my favorite scenes.
square
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2004 09:31
In ROTK- Pippin's song and the Grey Havens
Bookfaramir
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2004 12:26
FOTR:
"My brother, my captain, my king!"

TTT:
Gandalf and Éomer appear and charge at Helm's Deep!

ROTK:
- Arwen's vision of Eldarion
- The charge of the Rohirrim
- "For Frodo"
- "I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!"
- "My friends, you bow to no one!" :sob:

[Edited on 24/4/2004 by Bookfaramir]
AgentElrond
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2004 02:48
FotR : When Aragorn & Arwen were on the bridge.

TTT: Arwen's Fate

RotK: Coronation, and Grey Havens
Eowyn_Dernhelm
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2004 06:56
Fellowship of the Ring: Boromirs death scene. Oh, and when they all cried after Gandalf died.
The Two Towers: The scene at the stone window. (Thats Sams speach)
Return of the King: (I cried so much) When Frodo tells sam to leave, when Sam thinks Frodo is dead, when Frodo leaves for the Grey Havens, when Pippin sings, and when Theoden dies. I also nearly cried when Pippin and Merry get seperated at Edoras.
jerri
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2004 03:44
I cried when the Hobbits said good by at the Havens especially when Into the West began.
Morqua_Aiwë
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2004 01:01
i didn't cry but it made me sad at the ending to know that there won't be any more LOTR movies. (accept maybe the hobbit)
Deagol112LotR
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2006 03:11
Ok, so I cry during a lot of movies... so I have a lot of scenes that I cried in.

1. FotR- After Gandalf falls in Moria
2. When Boromir dies and when Frodo says his "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened" before he gets into the boat.
3. TTT- Sam's speach
4. RotK- when Pippin rides away with Gandalf... without Merry!
5. Frodo sending Sam away
6. "End of All Things"
7. When everyone bows to the hobbits
8. Grey Havens

I also cryed when I was watching the RotK EE special features! It was sooo sad when they talked about this movie being the last!
IloveFrodoBaggins
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2006 01:07
FOTR: When Boromir dies; When Frodo rescued Sam from drowing and when Frodo thanks Sam for be with him.

TTT: I didn't cry but When King Theoden cried at his son's grave is so moving.

RTOK: The Gray Havens scene. I was sobbing in that part:cry:

Symbelminë
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2006 04:59
Hmmm...
I've seen the moovies a thousand times...ad I still cry in scnes like:
~FotR~
*when frodo is beeing rescued by Arwen in the Ford of Bruinen and she's crying :cry:
*when Boromir dies (I was sowbing!!)

~TTT~
*When Elrond is telling Arwen that she must leave because there's nothing for her there
*when Arwen is actually leaving
*when Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli think that the hobbits are dead; when they all find Gandalf the White in Fangorn Forest
*in Theodred's funeral (extended versions. that song that Eowyn sings is very beautiful :cry
*when everybody thinks that aragorn is dead but afterall he's just regaining he's senses (and there's that music..."Breath of Life"...agh!!:cry

~RotK~
*when Pippin is forced to leave Merry to ride twards Minas Tirith with Gandalf
*When Gandalf askes Aragorn if there's still any hope for Frodo and Sam and Arag. replies: "what does your heart tell you?"
*When Arwen sees a glimpse of her future with Arag.; qhen she askes Elrond to reforge the sword and when he realises that the life of the Eldar is leaving his daughter
*when Theoden gives that encouraging speech to his armys "Ride for ruin and the world's ending!DEATH!!" (I cry and I shiver!!)
*in the houses of healing (extended version. annother great song!!); when Pip promises Merry never to leave him again
*when Frodo sends Sam back home; when Sam goes back to help Frodo and carries him up to Mount Doom
*when Gandalf tells Pippin about Death
*In Aragorn's coronation and when he sees Arwen once more, in Gondor
*in the grey havens

:O I cryed a lot!!
it_comes_in_pints
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2006 12:43
During FOTR I had tears in my eyes when Sam almost drowns and is rescued by Frodo and when he tells Frodo that he doesn't mean to leave him alone. That was very touching...

During TTT I had tears in my eyes when I saw this huge army of Isengard standing around Orthanc and waiting for Saruman's command, with those horns blowing and this whole apocalyptic atmosphere... I was really terrified at that moment and I think Grima felt a little bit like that too... (well, at least he was crying too).
I was also filled with emotion and a small urge to shed some tears when Gandalf shows up with Eomer and his troup to help Theoden, Aragorn and Co. at Helms Klamm. But that was more like relief and joy and like "wow how impressive!"

Well... to be honest, when I watched ROTK I actually cried during the whole movie, I don't know why, I think it was a combination of some different factors, which are f.i. I watched the cinema triple feature with all three movies in succession and you can image how long THAT takes. I drank a lot of coffee to keep myself awake, which actually worked out, but made me extremely nervous, excited and highly emotional, being still kind of overtired though, which all together makes an explosive mixture (in my case a mixture of feelings, which I mostly cannot express but with tears).
The next factor was the mere thought that this would be the last movie of the trilogy... it just made me very sad to have it end (I especially experienced that during the credits...).
And it is no secret, that the movie is just moving (that sounds funny ).
I'm just a very emotional person, easily moved to tears. In German we say "nah am Wasser gebaut sein" which means something like "to be based near the water" (hard to be translated it seems...)
It just expresses that you're a person who cries easily.
But excuse me and my excursions, back to topic!

What I actually wanted to say was, that I really cried most of the time while watching ROTK the first time (because of all those reasons listed above).
But I think I cried the most when Gandalf told Pippin about death being not the end, and when the Rohirrim show up to help Gondor (this scene when the Rohirrim and the Mordor armies clash... impressing! still one of my favourites), when Theoden died and when Sam told Frodo about the Shire on their way to Mt Doom and it flow all freely for the last 20 minutes after the ring was destroyed.
Those were the scenes I had to cry a little when I watched it further times, but I could control myself better than during the first time.

I think the coffee was to blame...
Aragorn1
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2006 09:16
The death of Boromir is one of the most moving scenes in the Trilogy. That part always makes me cry.:cry:
RienofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2006 05:08
I cried a bit...this may sound strange but i let myself cry, i think i could have help back but i wanted to make the most of the movie.

I loved many scenes in ROTK. I thought it was so beautiful when the Rohirrum came to the help of Gondor. Theoden's speech is so beautiful. The end when Frodo leaves is so sad, and oh...at the coronation, when Aragorn tells the hobbits not to bow to anyone. That was a nice touch. The whole movie is just so beautiful.
striderdemme
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2006 09:02
I'll stick to my manliness by saying a key word: almost. I almost cried a bit when Aragorn, in RoTK, says "You kneel before no one." It was a really good scene, and well shot.
elf_maiden1984
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2006 05:05
During FotR I cried when Boromir died.
During TTT I cried when Sam was talking about holding on to all that's good in the world.
During RotK I cried when Pippin sang, when Aragorn gave his battle speech, and at the end when Gandalf and Frodo were leaving. :cry:
eowyn_fan99
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2006 01:22
in FOTR When they all are crying when they think Gandalf's dead, when Boromir dies & Sam and Frodo in the boat at the end.
Luthien_Tinuviel17
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2006 05:59
FOTR:
Gandalf's death
Boromir's death
TT:
basicly most of the movie :sob:
ROTK:
When Frodo turns against Sam
When Aragorn tells Eowyn he can't love her
Any of the scenes with Arwen in them
When Feremir "dies"
The end of the movie
Captain_General_Boromir
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2006 04:32
Ok, i admit it i cried...lol

At the Gray Havens in the book and the movie(inconceivable that they quest was completed and the Fellowship had come to an end:cry::cry::cry Only movie that made me cry...ever...haha!
Lithornien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2006 02:34
I don't really cry during movies (except for The Notebook, I cried for a solid twenty minutes after that), but I came close a few times.

1) The scene outisde Moria just after Gandalf's death
2) Haldir's death scene (I actually cried during this one!)
3) Faramir's almost death scene
4) Frodo's fake death scene (just because everyone in front of the gates looked so sad)
5) Arwen's vision in RotK
6) The end (Of course!)
hobbithole_dweller
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2006 05:09
I've started to cry more often as my love for LotR grows. By now, I can pretty much cry through the entire film of RotK, the saddest of the films for me. You know what, everything about LotR makes me cry, whether they be tears of joy or saddness haha. And yes, I am proclaiming this proudly .
Earwing_Celebril
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 01, 2006 03:24
I cried soooo much in all 3 films!
FOTR
When Gandalf "dies" , when Boromir dies, when the hobbits are separated
TT
When Fangorn misses the Entwives, when Theodred dies, the entire battle at helm's deep
ROTK
Almost the whole movie! At sad and happy parts, especially the end. When frodo is mean to Sam, Theoden's death, when the hobbits are reunited at last and when Frodo leaves.

Pippins_mine__Hobbitlover
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2006 01:18
I cried at 2 parts:

1: When Pippin left Merry 'cause he had to go to Minas Tirith w/ Gandalf. I can barely listen to Merry say "I don't know what's going to happen" and see my Pippin's sad, sad eyes with bursting into tears.

2: At the battle in Mordor (the last battle). When Aragorn was on the ground and something was going to stomp on him, then Legolas tried to get to him, but struggled because of the crowd. I saw the look in Legolas' eyes and his facial expressions made me cry. I was so sad that he was struggling...even though aragorn lived.

:cry:
JezzasSyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 08, 2006 05:00
The parts that made me cry were:
~Boromir and Gandalf's deaths
~Haldir's Death
~Sam's Speech in TTT
~Arwen's vision of her son
~Pippin's Song
~When everyone bows to the Hobbits
~The Grey Havens
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email