Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: The Whisper of Adventure Part I
on: January 26, 2005 08:41
(( this was co-written by Rivvy and me ))

Hatty walked in front of Somar as they made their way down the corridor, searching for the stairs. Presently they came to the tope of a stairway, which was wide, and carpeted. Hatty stopped and turned to face the distrustful elf.
“This must be the front staircase - want to go this way?” Just as she had finished speaking, a sound made her focus behind Somar, and her eyes fixed upon the figure of Karlin standing at the other end of the corridor. Her voice dried up, and she didn’t have a clue what to do.

Somar froze. He looked at Hatty in despair, but knew she wouldn’t help him. Instead he turned to Karlin, drew his father’s sword, and snarled at the murderer,
“This,” Somar gestured at the sword, “will be the last thing you will see, Karlin. As you close your eyes to embrace death.”

Karlin raised an eyebrow, and walked down the corridor, stopping several paces in front of the elf.
“Yeah, right.” He took his own sword in his hand, and grinned. “You’ll be on your knees in front of me when you die, Somar. You don’t really think you’ll be able to defeat me in a fight?”
Somar smiled. He briefly closed his eyes. ‘This is for all of you...’ Somar charged at Karlin, his sword aimed straight for the Duke’s nephew’s heart.

Karlin swerved out of the way and swung his sword around, slicing towards Somar. It struck him on the side, and Somar fell. Ignoring the pain, Somar tripped Karlin up, and struggled to get on top of him. He wrapped his fingers around Karlin’s neck. Somar watched him slowly lose consciousness...

The world spun around Karlin’s mind, and the sword slipped out of his grip. He looked up, to see Hatty staring at them with her mouth open in horror. He gazed into her eyes, willing her to move. Why hadn’t she done anything yet? Hatty suddenly nodded - as if she could read his mind. She stepped sideways, and pulled an axe down from the display of weaponry hanging on the wall. Then she moved silently behind the two struggling men.
Before Hatty had time to breath, Somar had grabbed his father’s sword and dug it deep into Karlin’s chest. He watched as Karlin took his last breath. It was over. He had his revenge.

Hatty gasped as Karlin’s blood dripped down to the floor, and as Somar sighed with satisfaction. Slowly, deliberately, she raised the axe above her shoulder, and then slung it down again, embedding it in the elf’s back.
Somar fell on his side and looked up at Hatty.
“This is...not the end...” His eyes closed, never to open again.

Hatty looked down at the two figures sprawled at her feet. Rufus was dead. Karlin was dead. Somar was dead... how could she have done this? Now, she was on her own. Her vision became clouded as tears filled her eyes. She knelt on the floor and burst out crying. The tears mingled with the blood staining the floor.

[Edited on 26/1/2005 by anduril269]
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 28, 2005 07:32
(( co-written by Rivvy and me again... ))

Eryl had managed to saw off most of the long spear with her dagger. Rufus was now using it to limp alongside Eryl. She put his arm around her shoulders for extra support.
“Somar and Hatty should be on the next floor. We’re nearly there, Rufus...” Eryl whispered as she helped Rufus down the stairs.

Rufus was concentrating upon breathing, but he opened his mouth to speak again to Eryl.
“Hatty is... with Somar?” His high hopes had plummetted when Eryl had said that. “There’s something...I have to say...Hatty is....”
“Don’t try to speak, Rufus - save your strength. I’m sure Hatty’s going to be fine.” Eryl smiled at Rufus, who scowled, but he knew that Eryl was right. It was difficult even walking.
But he had to tell Eryl! Hatty could be doing anything!

They made slow progress down the stairs, but they eventually made it onto the third floor. Rufus halted to catch his breath, then smiled weakly at Eryl.
“Thanks. ...Where’s Karlin?”
Eryl shrugged and looked quizzically at her companion.
“We looked for him - but we couldn’t find him.” She wanted to ask why he had asked this question, but thought it best to let him remain silent.
Rufus sighed, and clenched his fist angrily.

They moved down the corridor.
“Eryl, let me speak - I’ll be ok.” Eryl glanced at Rufus’ pale face in concern, but she could see how desperate he was to tell her something, so she nodded.
“It was Hatty - she attacked me... up there, with her crossbow. She was out of my reach - I was dodging her bolts.” Eryl stared at him in wide-eyed shock. “Then Karlin came up behind me - Hatty didn’t say a word. He did this,” he indicated the spear point, “and they left me for dead.” The two people halted. “She’s betrayed us to them... and now she’s with Somar...”
Silence dominated, as Eryl’s face grew more and more horrified.
Suddenly a sound reached their ears, and the exchanged puzzled glances.
“Did you just hear someone crying...?”
They moved to the end of the corridor, and turned left.

Hatty glanced up as her ears picked up a sound to her right. Her soul seemed to turn to ice as her gaze fell upon the two figures standing at the opposite end on the corridor. She rose slowly to her feet, her hands, with blood from the floor running into her palms, were held out in front of her as if she needed something to hold onto.
“Oh God.” She looked down at the motionless bodies of Somar and Karlin, and then turned her eyes back to the two assassins. Rufus was still alive... and he must have told Eryl about her treachery. The flow of tears pouring down her pale cheeks increased, and she suddenly gave a small cry, and dived down the stairs.

What would Eryl be thinking of her now? She had trusted Hatty tonight, of all nights... she had been kind to her, and told Somar that everything would be okay... Hatty wiped the blood on her robes, and continued to run along the first corridor of the second floor.
goldenberry
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2005 08:44
((i'll help it keep movin))

"Who’s there?" came a male voice and a soft shing as he drew a weapon. Victrix step out behind the barrels waving a little feebly with his left hand his right tracing the hilts of his daggers deciding which one to pull.
"Eh, just some traveller that heard the racket your misses was squawking." Victrix replied looking the man up and down trying to make him out best he could, he could see Raviem a meter or two behind him looking intrigued at Victrix.
"Well it's none of your business bug off." the man snapped rudely showing his long knife.
"Oh but you see it is my business. Because the young lady was calling for me, so i came. And I was wondering why is their a man after her? I hope it's not for lust purposes." Victrix replied not at all bothered by the mans rough manner.
"It is none of your business with what I want her for! Now get lost,” the man snapped taking a few steps forward.
"You know if you leave now I can guarantee you'll live to see the dawn." Victrix said matter-of-factly, this irritated the man who bared his teeth in anger.
"Oh and what are you going to do if I choose not to leave?" he asked taking another step forward so he was about a meter away.
"Well worst case scenario I’d say you be a little pile of body parts that nobody would be able to recognise. Best.... slit throat I suppose" Victrix replied with a shrug his right hand resting on a bone handled knife ready to draw and strike.
The man smiled cruelly, "I would really like to see you do that, when your dead!" he snapped lashing forward with his knife, Victrix jeered to the side missing the blow, his own knife was out slashing down towards the mans stomach. he landed gracefully and turned to face the man who was clutching his stomach wound.
"Last chance to leave" Victrix offered pulling out another knife.
"Never!" yelled the man in rage slashing down towards Victrix's throat. Victrix blocked the blow and shoved his second blade into the mans gut.
"Well don't say I never gave you the chance” Victrix hissed pulling his knife out upwards, the man fell back onto the path, dead.
Victrix watched him for a moment before turning towards Raviem and said, "Are you alright? He didn't hurt you did he?"
elven_wild
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2005 04:46
Running high on adrenaline, Raviem didn't answer. Victrix repeated his question and she replied "Hmmm?Oh, no, he didn't. I'm trying to figure out why I called for you and not just help in general..." she said, frowning.
She dismissed the thought from her mind and stepped close to Victrix. "We're going to the pub." She slid her arm through his, ignoring his daggers, and led the shocked elf to the tavern down the road.
They stepped through the doors and were greeted by loud noise and horrid smells. "Ye gods!" Victrix cursed. "This is vile."
Raviem nodded her agreement and pulled him to a table by a window. She opened it and let the cool night air play over her face. "Why did you care if he had harmed me?" She placed her chin in her hands and stared intently into Victrix's red eyes.
goldenberry
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2005 10:27
Victrix paused gazing out into the silent night thinking for a second.
"It just seemed like the thing to ask" he said with a shrug flitting the other answers which where not suitable out of his head. he paused again before getting up from his chair.
"Where are you going?" Raviem asked.
"Goner gets myself a drink, and then your going to pay for it." Victrix replied.
"Say’s who?" Raviem asked annoyed.
"Me and your money purse!" Victrix grinned shaking a little bag in front of her nose, she made to grab it but he was too quick for her.
"Hey, it's only fair! I don't kill people for free you know. Ruin my repritation!" he laughed and went over to the bar, smirking to himself about Raviem irritated look that she had given him.
He sat on a bar stool and waved to the bartender to get his attention, wrinkerling his nose in disgust and the vile stench that came from the area.
"Can I help you?" he man asked coming over to him.
"Yea can I have some coffee? Some really, really strong coffee? I’m not talking about the pansy weak crap I’m talking the stuff that’s so strong it still has some beans in it. Can you manage that?" Victrix asked ratterling the moneybag. The bar keeper gave him a few looks up and down in suspicion before nodding.
"I’ll just put a cup on for you" he mumbled and took the few coins that Victrix had just taken out of the purse and laid on the bar. The bar keeper turned around to start on his order and Victrix looked down at himself for the first time to realised the idiot from earlier had spilt some of his blood over him.
"So hats why he was looking at me funny.... or it could be the eye's usually is" he mumbled to himself and leaned his elbows on the bar waiting for his coffee.
Star_of_Earendil
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2005 11:57
The rage blazed in Grace`s eyes. She lowered her sword, until it was about a foot away from the Duke, and saw him give a small sigh in relief as his throat was freed from the tip of the metal blade. "Murderers have a good reason do they?" She said at last, her voice becoming raised. "And that "good reason" for you lead to killing a friend? Killing my father?!" Her hand that gripped the sword trembled in anger, and without waiting for a further reply, Grace struck the blade of the sword into Duke Theodemir`s chest.

Her garments soaked the blood as she withdrew the blade from the body, and with cold merciless eyes, she watched the last moments of the man she hated so much. Wiping the blade of her weapon quickly on the dry parts of the carpet, she looked back at the body. Standing there, with a sword gripped in one hand, she felt tears brimming her eyes. A body lying in the middle of a blood stained carpet. Her grip loosened, and the weapon fell. What had she expected? Satisfaction? Fulfilment of getting her revenge? Yet none of those feelings came at that moment, as Grace`s mind filled yet again with the sadness of the cruel memories. Feelings she thought she had left behind many years ago.

Something wet slid down Grace`s cheeks. A teardrop fell to the floor. Grace wiped her eyes with her trembling hand to stop anymore from falling. And pulling herself together, she grabbed a handful of her cloak, and buried her face in it, drying her eyes. Still slightly shaken, Grace picked up the sword, wiped it again on a dry part of the floor, and shoved it back into the sheath. Then stode out of the door without a further look behind her.

Her thoughts now set on finding the others, she started making her way down the corridor. It wasn`t long before she heard footsteps, running towards her. Too weary to hide or look for a hiding place, she braced herself, her hand at the sword`s hilt again.
elven_wild
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2005 01:13
Raviem sat fuming at the table. That dratted elf had stolen her money purse! In a moment of childishness, she stuck her tongue out at his back. She pulled it back in quickly in case he turned around.
"I don't know why I think he's my friend. He's only known me for about an hour or two and already I've had my arms around him." She sighed and amended "But not in that way."
Rav stiffened when Victrix turned and looked at her as if he knew exactly what she was thinking. Raviem hastily kept back a flush and met his eyes determinedly. He gave her a grin and turned back, waiting for the barkeep to bring him his drink.
Her face was burning. Raviem could almost smell it. She rummaged in a pouch and found a hollow tube. With a wicked grin she put in a wet bit of parchment and blew the spitwad smack dab on Victrix's neck. His reaction made her feel immensly better about his thievery.
goldenberry
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2005 11:27
Victrix jumped as the paper spit ball hit him and his hand quickly went to his neck. he looked at it in disgust and his gaze fell on Raviem.
"That is disgusting,” he muttered to himself knowing she couldn't hear. he dropped the wet paper on the floor and turned on his stool waiting for his drink. it came a few minuets later and he was soon back down in his seat opposite Raviem.
"That was rude and unnecessary not to mention absolutely disgusting" he said sharply to her, his posh elvish ascent going so icy it could make hairs on the backs of your neck stand up. But Raviem didn't seem too bothered about the evil glare he was giving her.
"It was also funny" she mused and held out her hand "now can I have my money back?"
Victrix gave a small smile and fished it out his pocket and tipped the contence out into his hand. He picked a few coins out before tipping the rest back in and handing it back to her.
"My room as well I’m charging you for." he explained adding the few coins he had taken to his own purse attached to his belt.
He picked up his steaming thick coffee and took a large gulp ignoring Raviem presence entirely as she counted how much she had left.
"Don’t worry I left you enough to get yourself something and a room, even though you don't deserve it after that little stunt" Victrix said putting down his mug half empty. He leaned back on his chair completely relaxed and looked at her. He could see her more clearly in the candlelight then he could on the dark roof. He supposed she could be called pretty, but he didn't really care when it came to woman. He dropped his gaze, he realised he had been staring, as Raviem cheeks had gone red as she had noticed it too.
"So... what are you doing here?" he asked after a while of orquid silence. He ran his figures over the rim of his steaming mug; he was looking out of the window as if he didn't really care. He picked up his cup and raised it to his lips taking the last of the brown liquid and put it down wiping his mouth. His stony gaze fell on her again. "Well?" he asked impatiently.
Fair_Lady_of_Rivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2005 02:57
Eryl’s quick assassin skills made her react with infinite speed. She grabbed a dagger and, taking aim, threw it in Hatty’s direction. The traitor had disappeared down the stairs and the dagger dug itself into a wall instead.
Eryl left Rufus and knelt down beside Somar. She took his hand and wept silently. Not just for him, but for Rufus as well. She let out all the pain and anger over the mission which had gone so horribly wrong. There wasn’t even any comfort in the fact that Somar had his revenge. He wasn’t supposed to die- it wasn’t his time yet.No tears had come from Eryl’s eyes since…she couldn’t even remember. She knew Hatty had to pay…but this was all my fault, Eryl thought. Sopmar had wanted to come with her and she had refused him. And now he was dead. “I am going to slit that girl’s throat open. I will not let her get away with this.” Eryl promised fiercely, then whispered, “I’m sorry, Somar,” She got back up and made her way back to Rufus. “We’re getting out of here,” she told him, remembering a moment later about Grace and the Duke. “As soon as we get Grace,” she finished. She put Rufus’ arm back around her shoulder after drying her eyes on her cloak. They were at the top of the stairs about to go down to the next floor when Eryl suddenly wondered what would happen to Somar’s body…there was nothing she could do about that now. Instructions were to leave the dead behind after removing any evidence that connected them to the Assassins’ Guild. Somar had come in only with his father’s sword. Personally, Eryl wouldn’t mind leaving Hatty behind- dead or alive.
Slowly, the two assassins made it to the next floor. Hatty was nowhere to be seen, but Eryl kept her sword out just in case. They had to get out through the kitchen again once they found Grace. Eryl would have liked her or Rufus to go ahead to make sure the coast was clear, but that was impossible with Rufus in this condition. “I don’t know where she could be,” Eryl fretted as they hid themselves from a maid, oblivious to the alert of assassins in the house, walked by.
What if Hatty had got to Grace as well? There was no doubt to what the evil girl would do. Eryl didn’t share her suspicions with Rufus; she didn’t want to alert him to any unnecessary worrying in his fragile state.
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 31, 2005 07:14
As she was running, Hatty realised that she had left her crossbow behind. However, she didn’t stop. She wouldn’t need it any more… Where were those dratted stairs? This house was far too damn confusing. She sprinted around the corner, still worried about whether Eryl was running after her, she didn’t notice that someone else was standing in the corridor. Hatty collided with the person at full force, and almost knocked her over. Hatty was so shocked that she almost fell over herself. She muffled her terrified scream by clamping her hand over her mouth, and stared at Grace in horror, as she recovered breath.
She backed nervously away from the other assassin, and wondered if she could stop herself from becoming hysterical. She was petrified of Grace – and she knew that Grace would easily notice that.
With tears still cascading down her face, Hatty stood there like a dumb thing, wondering whether or not to run. She suddenly glanced down at the blood on her hands, and quickly hid them in the folds of her robes.
She couldn’t believe what she had just done… The images flashed in front of her. The axe…Somar’s face…the blood everywhere… Hatty suddenly thought she was going to faint, and stumbled backwards to lean against the wall.

Rufus leaned heavily on the spear. The fire that usually gleamed in Rufus’s eyes increased for a moment, and then seemed to go out completely. In his mind, the mission had now failed.
“I could have stopped this… I could have killed her first.” He muttered softly.
Rufus felt so utterly helpless… if he wasn’t so impaired by his wound, he could have chased Hatty… and could have easily caught up with her. Then she would have paid… with her life.
He glanced at Eryl.
“Are you ok, Eryl?” His gaze lingered on her face as he worked out what she would be thinking. “Don’t blame yourself for this. You couldn’t have known about Hatty.” He sighed again. “She’s actually a very good actor… if only she’d chosen that profession instead.”
They continued down the corridor, but progressing very slowly. The strain was getting to Rufus… and the added shock of seeing Somar’s dead body wasn’t helping.
He kept his gaze fixed on the floor, concentrating on moving forwards steadily.
“Grace’ll be ok. She was … on this floor… and Hatty has only just got down here… that girl couldn’t kill anyone in the state she’s in now.”
Then a very faint scream reached his ears, and he shivered. But he couldn’t walk any faster than this… he glanced down at the red covered metal point. He wanted to get out of here… to go home.
Star_of_Earendil
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2005 11:03
Grace stumbled back a few steps as a figure ran into her. Picking herself up quickly, she poised the sword, ready to strike. Then she realised that she knew who the figure was. "Hatty?" She whispered, not wanting to attract unwanted attention "What are you doing here?"
The girl backed away, trembling. "Whats wrong, Hatty? Why.. How did you get here?" Grace noticed the blood on Hatty`s clothes, she could see it wasn`t Hatty`s blood. But kept this thought to herself. "Did you follow us here?" Grace asked again, quieter this time. "Hatty, this was a assassination mission, it`s dangerous for you to follow us without us knowing. I could have killed you, just now when you ran into me. I...." Stopping herself, she sheathed her sword, then walked up to the girl, and bent down so her eyes were level with Hatty`s. "Hatty, answer me. Whats wrong?"

[Edited on 31/1/2005 by Star_of_Earendil]
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 03, 2005 09:43
Hatty took a deep breath and tried to calm herself down.
“Yes… I mean no…” she faltered. “I didn’t… I mean… I only came to warn you that Karlin knew you were coming.” She stopped, not trusting her ability to lie well any more. Then she noticed the blood soaked into Grace’s robes. Her eyes widened a fraction. Had Grace accomplished her mission? Hatty stared down at her own blood stained clothes, then her watery eyes met Grace’s, and a minute of very tense silence passed.

(( sorry it's... really short... ))
elven_wild
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2005 11:29
Raviem busied herself with her money pouch and pretended not to hear. Victrix caught her arm and hissed "why?"
Rav took a deep breath and sighed it out. "This will sound really strange." she warned him. She proceeded to tell him her whole history (found in database). She just couldn't stop the words pouring from her lips. When she had finished she left him, deep in thought, at the table and walked to the barkeep. "I need a room. And I would like some strong ale as well as a haunch of meat." she said. trying not to cry. The barkeep nodded and thought to himself that the girl would have some unwelcome visitors in the night if she stayed at his bar. But the girl looked as if she could handle herself. He tossed her a key and she headed up the stairs to her room, a foaming tankard in her hand.
goldenberry
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2005 12:14
Victrix looked down into his empty coffee mug, a few strips of hair fluttered down in front oh his eyes.
"It’s amazing how people can answer a question with more questions" he mused to himself. She seemed upset, her life seemed tragic but compared to his, and he saw it as no major catastrophe. He looked out the window, he no longer felt tired, as the coffee had washed it all away. He sighed and stood up and made his way over to the barman.
"Can you please tell me what room my lady friend just went to?" he asked, the bartender's eyes looked straight to Victrix's blood stain and went slightly pail.
"I’m her body guard, we met some wargs coming to the town. Bled allot" he quickly lied putting on a false friendly smile. The barkeeper nodded in almost relief and told him the room number. Keeping up the cheery outlook victrix made his way up the stares wondering why he was bothering with the girl. He stopped just before the landing and looked out spotting her fidderling with a key in the look. She entered the room and the door slammed shut. He paused and walked swiftly and almost quietly over to the door. His hand rested on the handle as he wondered whether to knock or not.
An owl hooted outside, and brought him to his senses. he let go of the handle and backed away shaking his head.
"None of my business, it's none of my business" he muttered and turned around and went back down the stares.
Star_of_Earendil
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2005 10:59
Grace`s expression changed. She looked almost sad, as if she knew something that pained her. Casting her gaze elsewhere but Hatty`s eyes, she waited for her to say something. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see the blood soaked into Hatty`s clothes. It caused questions to spring into her mind. Hatty wasn`t supposed to be here, she followed us, or knew that we had come here, on this night. Grace thought to herself, sorting out the facts before jumping to the conclusion that kept coming to her mind.

Finally Grace broke the silence, the thoughts nagged her, she couldn`t keep it to herself. "Hatty," She said looking up again and straight into her eyes, "The blood on your clothes.. It`s not yours is it?"
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 05, 2005 11:15
Hatty gazed mournfully down at her robes. She knew that she’d have to do something any minute now. She was weaponless... she couldn’t kill Grace. She regarded that as a blessing, however. She didn’t want to kill anyone else, now that she knew what it felt like.
She shook her head.
“It’s not my blood, no.” Her eyes met Grace’s, and they suddenly became defiant again. “Rufus and Eryl are back there,” she pointed down the corridor, “they’re looking for you. I’m going ahead, downstairs.” She began to move down the corridor. “I’ll see you later...” She walked briskly down the corridor, but when the reached the end and turned the corner, she broke into a run, and rushed down to the ground floor when she found the main stairs. Straight ahead, was the front door.
She flew down the stairs, and lifted the heavy bars up from the doors. Then she swung them open, and breathed in the cool night air. She was free...
Hatty didn’t look behind her, but ran outside, down the drive, and scaled the wall with surprising agility. Then she melted away into the night.
Star_of_Earendil
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2005 11:49
Grace stared blankly at the back of Hatty, walking away from her. Hatty looked far away, even though she was only a couple of yards away from her. She wanted to call out to her, and say something. And somehow, she felt sadness inside. Why? A voice in her mind asked her. Grace couldn`t think of why, she couldn`t find the words to describe her thoughts, to explain them. To explain them to herself.

As Hatty disappeared from sight, Grace turned around herself and headed off to find Rufus and Eryl. It felt strange now to be walking the corridors. Now that her mission had been accomplished. Now all she had to do was to get out of the place before she got caught, and once she had found Rufus and Eryl and Somar. Grace wondered if they had been sucessful in assassinating the other target...the nephew.
Grace smiled as she saw Eryl, but that quickly faded as Rufus came into sight. Her eyes then focused on the blood, and the two dead bodies that lay in the corridor. She was horrified to find one of them being Somar.
"What happened?" She whispered, just about loud enough for Rufus and Eryl to hear. She rushed forward to take a look at Rufus' wound, she didn`t dare touch it in fear of causing pain, and more blood to leak...
"Rufus... who did that to you?"
Fair_Lady_of_Rivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2005 03:05
"It was Hatty," Eryl replied for Rufus. She watched Grace's horror-stricken face. "We've got to get out of here- now." Eryl smiled softly at Grace, grateful they had found her alive. "I suggest we get out through the kitchen- did you see if it was clear?"

((v. short, I know!))
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 07, 2005 08:32
Rufus smiled grimly, and agreed with Eryl’s plan to go out through the kitchen. Then he noted the blood on Grace's robes, and asked,
"Did you kill the Duke?"

((Woooo short post! I think we could maybe skip a bit and go straight to the Guild halls in a while... so we don't have to write about them going through the grounds and streets etc.... whadya think?))

[Edited on 7/2/2005 by anduril269]
Fair_Lady_of_Rivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2005 02:49
((ok! let's go!! ...soon..))

[Edited on 8/2/2005 by Fair_Lady_of_Rivendell]
PotbellyHairyfoot
Grandpa Moderator
Send Message
on: February 09, 2005 12:27
Moderator's note;
As per the new notice posted in all RP forums , I have been designated by the staff to inform you that this thread is considered Non-Tolkien and will be closed at the end of this month. If you wish to continue this Rp we'd recomend that you do so over at Monkeygames.net, COE's sister site for Non-Tolkien RPs

Star_of_Earendil
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2005 08:22
Grace nodded, still shocked by Eryl`s news. Hatty betrayed them? "I met Hatty.." She started weakly as they reached the stairs and offered a shoulder for Rufus to lean on. "She ran into me only minutes before I found you two. She directed me to where you were..." She paused, her mind still disturbed. "I had no idea.. I saw the blood on her clothes, and guessed that it wasn`t hers... but i never thought that she had.." She stopped there, noticing Rufus wince as they descended another step.

Eryl had been cautious as to draw her weapon as they came to the doorway, yet fortunately they found the kitchen was empty of maids and servants. The spear Rufus was leaning on echoed in the stone floors as they proceeded through the kitchen. Grace became more nervous than she had been through the whole mission as each echo sounded, however faint the noise. They had to all get out safely. All those that remained, that was.
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 11, 2005 09:46
(( I wrote a post... then it vanished coz I tried to save on the network.. and the comp was off.. ARGH))

The trio stopped outside of the Guild, and stared up the steps towards the impressive oak doors. Rufus nudged Eryl and whispered,
"Can we use the side door - I can't face going up more steps..." His face was more drawn and pale than it had been. The journey through the streets of the town had been wearisome for him, even with Grace and Eryl supporting him loyally. They made their way around to the yard, and entered through the smaller side door. As they stepped into the high-roofed hall, they all relaxed with relief. They had made it back successfully... Rufus breathed deeply, letting the homely feel of the familiar darkness soak into him.
Eryl and Grace waited for him to gain a little more strength, then they continued across to the little door set into the wall - The Master's Office.
Eryl strode up to the door, and knocked sharply and loudly, then she stepped back, and the three waited with nervous, tense faces.

Arias glanced up from his desk as the knock sounded through the room. His heart beat quickened as his thoughts flew to the assassins... could it be them returning? He had told everyone else to leave him undisturbed tonight... He jumped up from the desk, and opened the door straight away.
His eyes widened in shock as the sorry group stood before him. It was not exactly the triumphant return he'd been hoping for... and no Somar. He wanted to ask a thousand questions - he saw their worried expressions, and knew that they had a lot to explain, but...
"Rufus - you need to go to the infirmary.. now." He smiled grimly at Eryl and Grace, and they all proceeded to the medical wing.

Star_of_Earendil
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2005 11:10
Dr.Lawrence, Head of the Medical Practise Unit was giving a lecture to the trainee medics when the door at the far end of the room suddenly opened. He frowned disapprovingly as an assassin hurried into the room.
After a quick explanation from Eryl about an urgent patient, he strode out of the doors, dismissing the class as he did so.
He sighed as he saw Rufus. He had seen it all before, and everytime felt something like regret for the patients. He grabbed a passing medic by the shoulder and told him to get people to prepare a cart for a "urgent patient", then busied himself examining the wound.

"So...you were on a mission, right?" He questioned Rufus, each word pronounced clearly and slowly for his sake. Rufus nodded weakly, but Dr.Lawrence looked up at Eryl and Grace as well, as if for confirmation. Long moments of silence followed after that, until it was broken by a young man running to report that the cart was ready.
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 11, 2005 11:19
The small group escorted Rufus over to the cart, and a medic settled Rufus down as comfortably as possible. Arias turned his worried face to Dr. Lawrence.
"Will he be alright? I assume he's going to the City hospital." Dr Lawrence nodded.
"He should survive the journey... and he should ... pull through." Lord Arias sincerely hoped so.
Rufus gazed up silently at Eryl and Grace, and mouthed a heartfelt 'thankyou'. He felt indebted to Eryl for finding him, and sorting him out so that he could get away from the mansion... but he couldn't find the energy to speak anymore.
Dr. Lawrence spoke again to the cart driver.
"Drive straight on to the hospital - it's a severe case, and should be tended to as soon as possible... and take the least strenous route." The driver nodded, and they set off, with only a brief parting between them.

Lord Arias turned back to Eryl and Grace, and beckoned for them to follow them. They retreated back into his office, where he managed to gain an explanation of the night's events...

THE END

[Edited on 11/2/2005 by anduril269]
elven_wild
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2005 10:43
Sorry to put this in here, but I don't have time to go to the other site. Are we going to Monkeygames.net or wherever? Someone send me mail that's a lil more info....
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email