Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: In search of.... (must see OOC board and or PM)
on: May 15, 2004 07:03
Prove the existence of warewolves? It sounds like were in for a long night. When and where do we start, lassie?
Visit my Etsy Shop: The Tower of Or and Sable
LadyValaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 15, 2004 07:18

Brooke shivered. She hoped they would be able to dispprove rather then prove that werewolves existed. She doubted that they did but it still gave her the chills anyway.

The fire didn't seem so warm now.

"When and where do we start, lassie?" The scotsman asked.

"Yes, just what I was wondering."

(((Where did Amythyst go?)))
Amythyst
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 15, 2004 12:35
((I'm back!!! Sorry, maxed out on my posts! *agaaain*))

Connor wandered in to the big room with the fireplace in it, choosing a comfy looking chair close to the sofa.

"When and where do we start, lassie?" He heard Mchai ask, and Brooke second.
He was itching for some action himself.

"I guess we could just go out and stand under the full moon." He said.
Once he said it, even he knew it wasn't very funny. Werewolves were real; noone would want to be out with the full moon shining. There was nothing they could do but wait for their team leader to show up.
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 15, 2004 03:29
Erika smiled. "I'm glad you asked that Mr. Mchai." she sat down in a overstuffed chair.
"For now, you all can do as you please. get some rest or see the town, but let me remind you if you do go out be carefl. The full moon isn't til tomarrow night; thats when we'll go hunting."

Amythyst
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2004 11:14
"Well then..." Connor cleared his throat. Brooke looked over at him.
"Who's up for some Italian?"
Although he was looking at Brooke, the others enthusiastically agreed too. He was okay with that....he was kind of nervous to be all alone with Brooke. Once there, however, he made sure his seat was beside hers.
LadyValaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2004 11:51

Brooke felt self-concious when Connor had looked at her when he presented the invtation of Italain food. But, now all she felt was nervous.

She had gone up to her room to change into a slightly classy evening gown that she had had a hunch to bring along, now grateful that she did.

The thought crossed her mind to bring her satilite phone but decided against it, not wanting Flame buting in on any *private* moments, if there were to be any.

She did, however bring her anythings-possible-lap-top.

"Brooke?" Erika called from the stairs.

"Coming!" Brooke yelled tripping into her high-heels and giving some last adjustments to her styled hair.

"Yeah?" She said trying to appear casul as she came down.

"We're ready."

"Okay, so am I." Brooke replied briskly trying to appear even *slightly* calm.

At the resturant Brooke was excited and a little nervous at the prospect of sitting next to Connor.

"Snap out of it." She rebuked herself, "Your not a schoolgirl wanting to go to the prom!" Then she remembered: she had never been to the prom, she had been too deep in her work to even care.

She pulled out her laptop when the rest seemed to be absorbed in somthing else going immeditly to it's built in encyclopedia.

She quickly typed in her search: "Werewolves".

She clicked on the link and read:

WEREWOLF, according to superstion, is a person who changes into a wolf. Werewolves appear in many old stories. In some tales, they turn themselves into wolves. They may do this by putting on a wolf skin, by drinking water from a wolf's footprint, or by rubbing a magic ointment on their bodies. In other stories, people are transformed by someone else's magic power.
The werewolves in most stories try to eat people.The people in the stories who are threatened by werewolves usa various methods to bring them back to human form. These methods include saying the werewolf's real name, hitting the werewold three times on the forehead, and making the sign of the cross. According to the stories, one method of finding out a werewolf's idenity is to wound it and later look for a human being with similar wounds.
Stories about werewolves have been most commaon in Europe. Tales form other parts of the world tell of people who turn unto various other animals. These animals include tigers, in Burma and India; foxes, in China and Japan; lepords, in western Africa; and jaguars, among South American Indians.
The technical word for werewolf is lycanthrope. This word comes from Lycaon, the name of a king in Greek mythology who was turned into a wolf by the god Zeus. Lycanthropy is a form of mental illness in which a person imagines himself to be a wolf. -Alan Dundes

She sat back and sighed.

This was deep..

Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2004 12:26
McHai was eating when he had a thought. "Erika, what exactly do we have to defend ourselves from the creatures? Do we get high tech weapons or a stick or something?"
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2004 04:15
Erika looked at Andrew. "well if we do find any ...we use silver bullets or stakes...and I believe Brooke has done some research on what we are looking for. Mind letting us in on what to do?"
LadyValaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2004 11:13

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Brooke looked up in surprise as Erika addressed her.

"Why, yes." She replied, pleased. She read the artical to all of them.

Connor whistled, and Andrew grunted.

"So you see," Brooke elaborated, "Many people still believe that werewolves really exist and are a danger."

"Do you beilieve they exist?" Erika asked looking pointedly at Brooke.

Brooke sighed and leaned back in her chair. "Quite frankly, I don't know what to believe anymore, let alone that werewolves do or do not exist."

The waitress came "Cum vad o eu aiutor tu?"

With the help of Erika translating their english into romainan they all were able to oder their food with some slight confusion and little difficulty.

"So.." Brooke began addressing Connor, "How did you et assigned to this?"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Amythyst
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 19, 2004 05:29
"So....."
Connor turned swiftly in his seat at the sound of Brooke's voice. 'So' could lead to many things.
"So how did you get assigned to this?" She asked.

"Mmm....its kinda a long story." He said, a bit reluctant to let the part of his past that he would have to tell her show.

"Long is good. What else are we going to do - everyone else is speaking Romanian!" He couldn't help break a smile at that.

"Okay. Here goes." He took a breath. "Even when I was very young, I always knew that I was differant from a lot of people -most people. You see, when other kids were reading fairy tales, I was part of my own. It didn't take me long to realize that the other kids couldn't see the Unicorn that ate my mother's flowers outside my bedroom window, or the Nymphs that I met when I was exploring along the woods one night. They couldn't see. As I got older, I began to wonder at this strange ability of mine, and did everything I could to get rid of it. Everyone knew that there was no such things as gnomes and Dragons and Faeries. So when I told them to go away, they did. But that didn't stop the knowing. They were out there. I could feel it. Gradually, I began to let them back into my life. But I never understood why, why it was that I could see them when no-one else ever could. I asked them, each and everyone that I met, if they knew why. And they would always refuse to tell me. The most I could get was out of Arrowlight, my Unicorn friend. She told me once, that she was the Guardian of the Guardian. Whatever that means."
Connor stopped apruptly, realized that he had been rambling quite painfully. Quickly he finished,
"And when Erika assembled her team, I was one of the first to be picked, for my connection to the Otherknown. Uh, thats what I call these creatures...the Otherknown."
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 20, 2004 09:22
Erika listened. "well, haveing an intrest in paranormal among other things is a good thing. depends on who you talk to actually." she let out a slight laugh. 'i've been called a weirdo by many, who think looking for legendary and Mythological things is ridiculas. and some have even said I don't deserve to be an archaeologist."
((Ok, guys and or gals, I am REALLY busy so you can all move Erika along if ya want to.)
LadyValaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 29, 2004 06:58
(((Sorry for holding this up!)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Brooke raised an eyebrow but smiled. "Well, you must have had a rough childhood. I have a friend just like that." Connor gave her a dooubtful look, "No really! She sees stuff like that all the time. I somtimes wished I could too." Brooke shook her head. "I've always had an intrest in mytholgy, and mythical things. It's nice to know someone that's actually seen them!"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

(((Okay, yeah, I know lame, stupid, get a life. Go figure.)))
LadyValaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 30, 2004 09:43
Aww, did this thread die?
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 30, 2004 01:39
McHai sat in thought. He had never heard of people seeing such things and being considered sane. But he decided to give Connor the benefit of the doubt.
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 30, 2004 02:00
(ooc: sorry, been busy and such)

Erika listened to the others. "My childhood had its low and high points." she took a sip of her drink. "I often thought I had a sixth sense.((LOL..no pun intended)) I sometimes thought I could feel the presence of a ghost, or something of the like."
Amythyst
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 01, 2004 04:56
"I suppose anyone who's out here hunting werewolves would have to at least believe in them." Connor said dryly. "or else you would have to be insane." He paused.

"Although we might be that too. I might be."
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 01, 2004 06:02
Erika laughed. "Maybe Conner, maybe we are crazy."
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 03, 2004 03:50
"Everyone's crazy. Anyone who says they aren't crazy are truely crazy. As for me..." McHai takes a drink of his beer. I'm bloody crazy for beleiving all this!"
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2004 09:04
(ooc: guys I'm really super busy I just started summer classes.)

"Yup everyone is crazy sometime in their life." she looked at the otherd. "well i'm goinna head back to the manor and call it a night."
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2004 02:18
"Sounds like a good idea lassie." McHai got up and followed her out. "McHai! Come!" Laddy got up and followed his owner out the door.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email