Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
ElwingAndEarendil
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Drawing
on: June 20, 2011 09:05
Thanks Lassie! I love doing shading, but your right about Helm's Deep looking alittle more like a sketch.
"The Deeds that we shall do shall be the matter of song..." - Haunting the Realm of Vaire as the Corrupted Major - Find me as Silmarilz1701 everywhere else
arwen1300
Gosling of Vána
Send Message
on: June 20, 2011 09:06
I can tell that you like shading - it's really clear you spent a lot of time on it, and it looks really nice. I liked Lonely Mountain and the Hobbit Hole too - they seemed a little more 'complete' than the others, if you know what I mean. There was more detail, or maybe just more you wanted to put into the picture? Very nice, though.
Image If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. -Thorin
Maianna
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2011 09:07
wow! those are great EaE! I love them! I love all the detail you put into them.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: June 20, 2011 11:57
Hey yall, well i have drawn several pictures and i would like yalls opinion on them. I have posted in the mutual appreciation thread and got nothing. I have put a link to my pictures in the Member's Art.

Please be critical, i won't get mad or anything. I want your honest opinion, because i want to get better at drawing.

Thanks yall! much appreciated!

http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=My_eGallery&file=index&do=showgall&gid=878

[admin edit- repost from 2008]

[Edited on 21/6/2011 by ~nólemë~]
drspin98
Council Member
Send Message
I like them all. The best one (IMHO) is Galadriel. While not technically perfect, it does something all artists strive for-it catches her spirit. The technical niceties-those can come easily with practice and training, but you already seem to have the "touch". How does one tell? Anyone-even taking a passing glance would easily recognize that as Cate Blanchett. That fact is very impressive considering-again, that it is not technically refined.

Nice work.

[Edited on 15/7/2008 by drspin98]
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
thanks for you input. i gladly accept the praise and criticism!

i have noticed the same things, though i always find flaws in my work. (any artists that dont?!)

i really need to work on shading and the sort..... :rolleyes:
Maianna
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2011 12:05
Drawings:

So I recently decided to take up drawing, and of course, the first thing I wanted to draw was people from lord of the rings!
so here is what ive been up to lately. (the links to them are below the thumbnails. they were too big to put in a post).

Frodo:

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z371/Maia456x/drawings/frodo3.jpg

Arwen:

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z371/Maia456x/drawings/arwen3.jpg

Pippin:

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z371/Maia456x/drawings/pippin2.jpg

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z371/Maia456x/drawings/pippin4.jpg

(sorry the quality isnt great. i took pictures of them with my camera then uploaded them. our scanner thing is broken.)

what do you guys think?
Harthad
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2011 04:31
Love them, Maia! Especially the last Pippin one. But that's just me.
OrgainicMechanic
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Drawing
on: June 22, 2012 09:15
I love drawing, I mostly use a tablet (I don't like to clean >.<
here's a few I did.

I didn't use references on the first two, which is why the anatomy is kind of wonky. :/
The last one I used an old photo of myself for a reference.
http://organicmechanic.deviantart.com/#/d52mqa1
http://organicmechanic.deviantart.com/#/d50zw58
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 01, 2012 10:08
Cool!
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 01, 2012 09:14
You are soo good!! I could never draw like that... I love them! Great job!
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2012 09:52
That is a great picture!
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2012 11:09
Wow nice! I didn't realized that CoE has so many artists here! I guess that means that I need to stop being lazy and draw more.
'If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers. Though their magic was strong even in those days they were wary. They differed from the High Elves of the West, and were more dangerous and less wise.' ~ Flies and Spiders The Hobbit
Taug anin ú-daug.
Elanor_the_elf
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 30, 2012 01:34
I forgot about this thread...to share my stuff or not to share...hmm.
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 30, 2012 10:41
I think you should Elanor_the_elf! It's always nice to see new things from people. Though it is your decision.
'If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers. Though their magic was strong even in those days they were wary. They differed from the High Elves of the West, and were more dangerous and less wise.' ~ Flies and Spiders The Hobbit
Taug anin ú-daug.
Elanor_the_elf
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 11, 2012 05:20
http://starspirit42.deviantart.com/

lalalala
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 12, 2012 09:19
Good work Elanor!
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Feyna
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 13, 2012 09:28
Yeah, good work! ^^ And lovely drawing OrgainicMechanic!
Eantylië
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2012 04:57
Woh! So many artists here on CoE !! Helloo my fellow creators ^^
And with so many from deviantart, CoE should start a group over there for us to gather.. :F
Amaille_Valin_Idhren
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2012 01:05
I love to work in Watercolor, here some of my artworks
umm not LOTR themed but this is my own created middle earth

Eantylië
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2012 05:18
Nice paintings Amaille_Valin_Idhren
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2013 02:27
Amaille_Valin_Idhren - Wonderful paintings! There is something very...calming about them, they have a peaceful feeling about them
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2013 03:18
Holy guacamole Amaille! Those are simply lovely!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Ariadwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 10, 2013 11:00
I love to draw! I mainly do portraits and I thought I would share some of my Lord of the Rings ones.

Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 10, 2013 11:27
You are truly talented. Very nice. How long have you been drawing?
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Ariadwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 10, 2013 11:35
Thank you.
I have been drawing for about 8 years.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2013 04:45
OH MY GOODNESS!!! Those are soooo wonderful, Ariadwen! I wish I could draw like that!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Ariadwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2013 08:13
Thanks Mareth! It took a LOT of practice, that is the only way I have been able to get that good.
Do you like to draw?
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2013 10:03
Yes I do, but I'm not very good at aallll....creativity and artist run in my family. My oldest brother and oldest sister are really good, my dad's mom was a really good artist, though she started later in life, my younger sister is good too, but though I think of pictures I'd like to draw I can't seem to get it on paper. :\

I'm guessing you also drew your avi? I like it, btw.
Ariadwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2013 10:19
Hmm, maybe you can ask your family to give you some pointers.
I learned from a course by Carrie Stuart Parks, she draws for the FBI.
Yes, I did draw my avi...she is a character in a story that I am trying to write...not very fast with it though.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2013 02:43
Ariadwen- Wow what wonderful Drawings, makes my work look like crap! Arwen and Galadriel are really Fantastic! I really must say you are very talented! Thanks for sharing such beautiful works of art with us.

Congrats!
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2013 09:23
Nice drawings Ariadwen!
Ariadwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2013 12:36
Thanks Aragorn16Estel and Leoflic_Nightleaf!I am glad that you liked them.
And Aragorn16Estel I am sure that no one's work deserves to be called crap. Remember practice makes perfect. My first drawings were not very good either.
Ariadwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2013 10:16
Here is one I did not too long ago for the purpose of practicing my wrinkles and creases...something that is often used in drawing clothing.

Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2013 03:38
WOW!!!!!! ImageI love swords and weapons, this is definatly awesome!
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email