Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Post A Desperate Search (See OOC please)
on: May 22, 2004 12:08
I amar prestar aen…
The world is changed.

han mathon ne nen…
I feel it in the water.

han mathon ne chae…
I feel it in the Earth.

a han noston ned gwilith.
I smell it in the air.

The death of an elf is a difficult thing for most to comprehend; indeed, why should it be easy to understand the tragic demise of such a timeless beauty and grace? This is why the outright massacre of thousands is something that seems simply impossible. The only ones who could truly understand such slaughter must be evil at heart- if they have a heart at all. Yet Morgoth and Sauron do understand, better than anyone else. Several thousand years after the destruction of the ring, they are getting their revenge- together. Valinor is nearly theirs for the taking; Middle Earth is to be next. If Sauron has his way, it will fall even as Morgoth continues his conquests in Valinor.

Where does an elf go if even Valinor is no longer safe?

It seems that yet another Doom is before the world, and this time it seems there is no one to do a thing about it- or so Sauron and Morgoth hope. Though none among the elves of Valinor have the will any longer, there is a way to defeat Sauron and Morgoth- or at least put them at a serious disadvantage, for nothing is certain anymore. A hero of old has been sent forth to gather those able to help him in the quest he has been asked to undertake- a second Fellowship, one might say. However, the last Fellowship was so long ago that the members of the new one find it hard to firmly believe in- but they will struggle nonetheless to save a world rapidly spiraling out of control.

Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.

~~~

He looked about him as he waited to be shown in to the king, feeling an unusual, slight twinge of self-consciousness at the way he was dressed and how he stood out from everyone. That wouldn’t work, especially since it would benefit him most if he blended in with everyone else. But how was he supposed to know everything had changed so much? Had that much time really gone by? He mentally tried to count of the years in his head.

He didn’t get far, however, for two guards of the palace approached him.

“Prince Legolas, I assume?” one asked, nodding curtly. Legolas returned the gesture, watching out of the corner of his eye as the other guard scrutinized his clothing. “The king will see you now, but you’ll have to leave those here,” he said gesturing to the bow and knives he carried. “Don’t worry, Alcarnor will take good care of them.” The elf smiled slightly as he handed the silent guard his bow and knives (not bothering to tell either of them that he had a dagger in his boot as well as another on his belt, hidden by his cloak.)

At least they still use elvish for names, he thought. Alcarnor took his pack as well before leading him out of the small room into the main hall. That area was much as it had been- though the statues he remembered were gone, replaced with tapestries of some sort and making the hall even emptier than it had seemed before. A man sat in the Steward’s chair silently as another paced in front of the king’s throne- he could tell already that this was the man he sought.

“Your highness,” the guard said, bowing low, “here he is.” The man nodded and the guard quickly left. Legolas knelt to the floor as a sign of respect, though remembering Aragorn he felt a bit agitated.

This isn’t him. They’re only distantly related, he reminded himself.

“You may stand,” the man said. He rose slowly, his own blue eyes locked on the king’s gray eyes. He remembered Aragorn’s eyes- exactly the same. But these held no warmth for him, only suspicion.

“My lord—“ the elf began, only to be cut off by the king.

“They tell me that you are an elf, and a legend at that. That you knew my ancestor, Aragorn Elessar, and you went with him in the Fellowship of the Ring. Even though that was many thousands of years ago, someone remembers it, but that doesn’t mean you’re the real thing. I can see you are an elf, for sure,” he said slowly, “but can you prove to me you knew him?”

Legolas considered this question before carefully answering. “I don’t know if you’ll consider it proof, but let me see your necklace,” he said, watching the king’s expression go from stoic to slight surprise as he pulled a necklace on a long chain out from under his clothing. Though it wasn’t the same chain, Legolas smiled. “The Evenstar,” he said softly. “Arwen gave it to him so long ago. It was passed to you and you plan to pass it down as well,” he finished. The king studied him for a moment.

“Most people who know of it assume that it was bought for my mother as a wedding gift, and she passed it to me. Very few people know the truth.” He nodded slowly. “I believe you did know Aragorn.” He offered his hand to shake, which the elf took. “You may call me Failon,” he said, roughly placing a hand on the elf’s shoulder, a gesture he gladly returned- yet another thing familiar of Aragorn. “I would like to talk with you about him later, if you don’t mind. But for now- how can I help you? Surely something must be important for you to come all this way.” The smile instantly left Legolas’s face.

“I think it would be best if we spoke of that somewhere else,” he said, his tone hushed as he glanced at the steward. Failon nodded, understanding what he meant, and led him off to another room so they might discuss the matter that brought him there.

~~~

Eruanna slammed the door as she entered her home. She had had a difficult day, things at the university not going well. She flopped onto the couch and curled up in her favorite blanket, prepared to go right to sleep when her roommate called her from the kitchen.

“There’s a letter for you on the counter… looks important,” the older girl said. Giving an exasperated sigh she rolled off the couch and went to the kitchen to find her letter among the junk on the counter. It was half open- Tari always began to open her mail “accidentally,” so she quickly ripped off the rest of the envelope and began to read the letter. Her eyes grew wide as she did so, and as she reached the end of it she couldn’t believe her eyes. Stuffing it in the pocket of her faded jeans, she yelled a hasty, “I have to go!” before putting on her black jacket and rushing out the door to her car.

As soon as she arrived at the tower, she was ushered inside to a room to wait.

“Others should be coming soon, and once they arrive you can get to know them better before the council begins,” said the woman who had led her there. With a nod she left, leaving Eruanna alone. She took a seat on a bench carved into the stone, covered with comfortable padding, to wait for the others. Before she knew it, someone else was being led into the same room as she…

[Edited on 5/23/2004 by foshpickle~greenleaf]
Elrohir2
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: A Desperate Search (See OOC please)
on: May 22, 2004 06:53
"Yes, I understand. Thank you"

Arod took his place and looked around at the other people there My dragons would not like this place at all. Arod leaned to the girl the had come in before him

"What's your name?"
Aranel_Laivinelen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2004 09:43
Elanor parried Eldarion's blows with ease, and laughed as her older brother was forced into a corner of the courtyard. She feined a blow to his left shoulder and quickly redrew her wooden sword, and touched his open stomach lightly with the blunt edge of the practice blade.

"Touche." She spoke and lowered her sword. Eldarion lowered his with a sigh, and shook his head. "My kid sister beats me for the fiftieth time." He smiled, and ran a dejected hand through his short black wavy hair. He was dressed in a white collared-shirt, with black dress pants and a badge that signified him as a lieutenant and the series of stars on his collar signified him as the oldest son of the king, the crown prince and the heir to the throne. Elanor, in comparison, was dressed in a white tube with black baggy pants, with her thick black curls in a ponytail. She threw her practice sword to the corner of the courtyard, and sat down on one of the benches, taking a towel to wipe the sweat off her face. Her brother sat down next to her at the bench, and took the other towel.

A servant came towards them from the direction of their father's study. Elanor exchanged a look with Eldarion, and shifted her gaze to the servant that approached them.

"Prince Eldarion." The servant gave him a smooth bow, which Eldarion returned. "Princess Elanor." He gave her the same bow, and she replied by giving him a salute. He smiled slightly and went on to relay his message. "His Majesty requests Your Highness' presence."

"In the council room, then?" Elanor asked as she gave him her towel.

"Yes." The servant answered with a nod, taking both of their towels.

"Thank you." Eldarion said with a smile. They both got up, and the servant took leave to take the towels to the laundry.

Upon entering the room, they saw that their father was deep in conversation off in the corner of the room with a strangely garbed man, with her father pacing and the man standing still in front of him. When their father saw them, his face lit up.

"Elanor, Eldarion." He gestured for them to come. "I want you both to meet someone."

Elanor regarded the stranger with a scrutinizing gaze, and her eyes widened as she realized who she was meeting. An elf! She followed her brother as their father and the elf came to meet them. Her father, noticing her clothing, gave her a slight look of disapproval, but went on with the introductions anyway.

"Prince Legolas, these are my children, Eldarion and Elanor." He pointed to them in turn, and they both bowed, Eldarion with his smooth bow, and Elanor in the way she had read about in thick dusty tomes, her head lowering as her right hand touched her left shoulder and then moving her hand across in front of her while her head lifted. The elf returned the gesture, and looked surprised as her next words fell out of her lips.

"Mae govannen, Aranion Legolas." She spoke in the old elvish tongue, having studied it on her own.
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2004 10:45
((Elrohir2- you are welcome to join, but I'm going to ask that you please check out/post in the OOC first. Thank you! ))

Legolas could not help but show surprise at Princess Elanor's greeting.

"Mae govannen," he replied softly. "I wasn't aware that anyone still used the old tongues. Things have changed greatly since I was last here. It is an honor to meet both of you." He turned to the king. "You have sent out the summons?" Failon nodded. "And you are sure they will arrive by noon?" Another nod. "Then we can do nothing but wait for the others to arrive later this afternoon." He would rather have waited for everyone to be presant to explain again.

"In the meantime, why don't my children show you around?" King Failon said. Legolas hesitated for a moment, but the king saw this and smiled. "Don't worry- someone will come and get you once the others have arrived." The elf nodded and followed Eldarion and Elanor, whom were about to lead him out of the council room.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2004 12:05
Elerrina entered her small apartment and slammed the door behind her. She threw her purse on the couch and flopped down. She let out an exasperated sigh. She hated her job and her boss and wished that she didn't have to work there, but she couldn't quit working for her father, for she was to take over the business someday. She looked through her mail, "Bill, bill, bill ,bill...... wait what is this?" She picked up a letter that looked very offical. She opened it and read the letter, eyes widening. She quickly grabbed her leather jacket and threw it on over her blood red shirt. She slipped on her leather boots and ran out the door, "This must be very important if the king wants me to come right away." She quickly got into her mustang convertable and plugged the key into the ignition. Starting the car, she threw it into reverse and then drive and took off down the street, letting the tires squeal.
She dorve up to the tower, music cranked up and pulled into the courtyard, stopping just in front of a strangly clad man, and the prince and princess. She shut off the car and jumped out. "Princess Elanor,It is good to see you again. Your father sent me a letter saying that he wanted to see me right away." She tucked her raven black hair behind her ear, revealing slightly pointed ears. She was a friend of the royal family, for her ancestors were friends and that friend ship had lasted many generations. She looked over the stranger carefully, noting his strange clothing, "Who is this, if you don't mind me asking?"
Aranel_Laivinelen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2004 04:01
(((Wow, a lot of E names!)))

When they exited the room, Eldarion's cell started to ring...with the Gondorian national anthem. He looked apologetically at Elanor and Legolas, the first who threw him a look of disgust (mostly directed at his choice of ring tone), and the other with a look of amazement and curiosity. Eldarion flipped his phone out and answered it.

"Eldarion speaking."

"Do you mind?" Elanor spoke in a harsh whisper. Eldarion waved a hand to show that they should go on without him.

"What is this device that makes music, m'lady?" Legolas spoke once they were out of earshot.

"Just call me Elanor...anyone here knows I'm no lady. Oh, and that isn't to make music. It's a form of alert, see. You are supposed to answer it when it rings. It tells you when someone places a call..." Elanor tried to explain, but the elven prince looked confused. Elanor smiled. "I'm not making much sense to you, am I?"

"No, I'm afraid you are not." Legolas agreed, smiling.

"Where are you from anyway?" Elanor asked, turning to him.

"I am originally from Greenwood...or Mirkwood as it was called in the third age." Legolas spoke with a faraway look in his eyes. "I've recently sailed from Valinor..."

"Really?" Elanor asked, her eyes widening to show her amazement. "How is it like? I've only read about it...but I would love to hear about it from someone who's been there."

"I apologize, Elanor." Legolas spoke with a sigh. "But I'm not allowed to speak of it. The Valar forbid it."

"I understand." Elanor spoke, her disappointment clearly showing on her face.

"But I'll tell you this." Legolas waited for her to turn to him. She did, her eyes lit up. But the light in her eyes lessened as she heard the next words. "It's beauty has been diminished by much recent turmoil."

"What is the cause?" Elanor asked, fire in her eyes. She couldn't stand it when beautiful things were destroyed, especially when they were once living.

"That will be discussed to great detail at the council." Legolas spoke softly. Elanor nodded.

"So tell me, Elanor, how did you learn to speak the elvish tongue so fluently...and know so much of our customs?" Legolas changed the subject with ease, changing the spotlight of the conversation from him to her.

"I learned it on my own from old books that lay forgotten in our libraries." Elanor said with a small smile. "I must say, it's been hard to practice. No one to talk to in it. Would you mind if we talked in it once in a while? And correct me if I am wrong?" Elanor asked.

"Of course." Legolas answered.

They stopped in the hallway as footsteps neared them. It was Eldarion.

"I'm sorry. That was the prime minister. He wanted to remind me to come to the opening of the new public high school...which starts in two minutes. I must leave." Eldarion said with a apologetic smile on his face. He clasped hands with Legolas.

"We'll see you out." Elanor offered. "Then I can show Prince Legolas to wherever he wants to visit...if he doesn't mind."

"Not at all." Legolas agreed with a nod. They headed out to the front gates of the castle, and ran into Elerrina.

"Hey, wussup!" Elanor called, and rushed down the steps to greet her.

"Princess Elanor,It is good to see you again. Your father sent me a letter saying that he wanted to see me right away." Elerrina spoke, giving her a hug.

Legolas and Eldarion joined them at the bottom of the steps.

"Who is this, if you don't mind me asking?" Elerrina asked.

"This, my friend, is Prince Legolas of Mirkwood, and Prince, this is my best friend Elerrina Gil-Estel." She made the introductions, and they clasped hands.
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2004 08:54
((lol... yes, I'm noticing a pattern with the names... ))

Legolas was still puzzling over the device Prince Eldarion had- the Princess hadn't explained too clearly what it was.

I'll have to ask him later, he thought.

As they left the tower, another approached Elanor.

"Hey, wussup?" the Elanor shouted, running down the steps to greet her friend.

Wussup?

"Princess Elanor, it is good to see you again. Your father sent me a letter saying that he wanted to see me right away."

That was fast, I had thought it would take longer for them to begin arriving, he thought as he and Eldarion descended the stairs.

"Who is this, if you don't mind me asking?" Elanor's friend asked.

"This, my friend, is Prince Legolas of Mirkwood, and Prince, this is my best friend Elerrina Gil-Estel." Elerrina extended her hand and Legolas took it uncertainly, quickly letting go in order to give her a quick bow.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, milady,” he said, smiling gently.

Estel. Yet another thing to remind him of Aragorn.

“So you received the summons, then?” Elerrina was still staring at him, and he once again found himself feeling out of place. She nodded. “Good. Then we have only to wait for the others to arrive.” There were several moments of silence, until Legolas remembered something he had been wishing to see since he arrived at the city.

“Elanor, would you take me to see the white tree?” he asked quietly.

“Sure,” she said, shrugging slightly. He followed her and Elerrina in contemplative silence.
Aranel_Laivinelen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2004 01:51
"I then, take my leave." Eldarion bowed smoothly, kissed Elerrina's hand (causing her to blush, Elanor noticed), and walked off in the direction of the garage. They soon saw a silver 360 Modena farrari speeding off. Elanor waved as the car disappeared and led them up the stairs.

As Elanor led Prince Legolas to the High Court, she remembered how beautiful the place was. The white tree, something that couldn't be seen anywhere else, was a marvel to look at. She did not know what the full significance of it was, but felt that Legolas would be able to answer that question for her.

They entered the High Court after climbing many stairs, and found the white tree in the middle of the court, beautiful and majestic. As they approached, Elanor stepped up, for the guard would stop anyone who came near, unless it was someone of the royal family.

"It's ok, Darren. They're with me." Elanor spoke, and the guards parted.

"So tell me, Prince Legolas, what significance does the tree have?" Elanor asked softly as Legolas gazed intensely at the tree with a faraway look in his eyes.
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2004 02:49
"So tell me, Prince Legolas, what significance does the tree have?" Legolas started at Elanor's voice, having retreated deeply into his own thoughts. He shook his head slowly.

"Everything has changed so much since I was last here. I simply wished to see if such an important symbol was still around." He didn't feel the need to mention that it was also another thing to remind him of Aragorn. He was rapidly realizing, however, that Elanor reminded him more of his long-dead friend than even her father. This thought brought a small smile to his lips, and with a last look at the tree (it could have been the same tree- it was very large, though then again maybe not) he turned back to the girls.

"Would either of you mind if we went back down to see if anyone else has arrived?"

((I would post them going down and meeting the others, but it seems "the others" aren't around yet. So if they haven't posted by tomorrow I'll begin the council. ))
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 25, 2004 05:36
Elerrina smiled at the prince, "I wouldn't mind at all." She was still staring at him and suddenly realizing it she said quickly, "Oh sorry.... It just...... well.... My father told me of the elves and how my ancestor and Aragorn fought closely through the years. Even though he was not in volved in the fellowship my ancestor saw much of the elves. after the elves left for the Grey havens, stories of the elves have been passed down through my family. I never imagined I would see a real elf though...... sorry I'm rambling.' She quickly turned an began to walk away, feeling quite silly.
Aranel_Laivinelen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 25, 2004 07:54
"Oh Elerrina. Come back." Elanor dragged her friend back. "That is nothing to be embarrassed about. In fact, it's something to be proud of. The elven race is a fair one, and to know about them in such detail is a blessing indeed." And she winked as she whispered to Elerrina, "You weren't rambling."

As they descended the stairs, Elanor noted how Legolas had not fully answered her question, but kept it to herself. It must be hard for him to reminisce about the past, she realized.

They descended the stairs in thoughtful silence and entered the council room again.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 25, 2004 06:15
(OOC: Lo! I have returned from my...um...expansive trip! I don
't think that was the right word...oh well. As stated before, I am playing Legolas' sister, Falaswen and I think I will go with my standard quartet of warriors: Kahn, Shadah, Besuu and Yaro. Kahn is a shape-shifter; is that going to be a problem, foshpoppet? 'Cause I really like playing him...)

Yaro sighed as he entered the small house and dropped his backpack on the ground.

"Hang it up!" his mother, Sanweh shouted from the kitchen. The nineteen year old scowled heavily; how in the world could she tell?

Behind him, his elder brother Besuu snorted in laughter. Yaro shoved a sharp elbow in his ribs.

Althought brothers, Besuu and Yaro looked nothing alike. Besuu was tall - over six feet - and had a rugged, muscular build. His face was plain, but friendly and honest and his brown curls fell slightly into his grey blue eyes.

Yaro, by contrast, was slightly shorter than average height and had a wiry but strong build. His skin was darkly tanned and his brown eyes were filled with a boyish enthusiasm. Straight black hair nearly brushed his shoulders.

Sanweh, their mother, appeared in the door way, waving a letter in her slender hand. "You both have letters. They look official."

The two boys immediately became serious and came into the kitchen. They ripped the letters open and Besuu sighed.

"A council." Yaro stated blankly. Sanweh looked at them then nodded.

"Then you'd better get." she said softly. The boys didn't answer but immediately left.

"We're going to be late." Yaro moaned as they ran out.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 26, 2004 06:25
"Thanks..." Elerrina said quietly as they walked down the stairs. She kept looking over at Legolas, still unable to believe that he really existed. She had heard all of the stories, but thought they were just that.... stories.
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 26, 2004 07:21
((Jaid! Kahn is no problem, perhaps he could be the sort of Maiar-ish touch our group needs? I dunno... anyways, Amythyst should be joining us soon enough. I can't post the council in full tonight as my Grandma is sleeping on the couch 6 feet away from me... and my typing drives her nuts. ^^'))

As they reached the council room, Legolas' expression changed from reflective to serious. He approached the King.

"Have they arrived yet?" Failon nodded.

"Most of them, I believe. They're in there," he said, gesturing to a small room nearby.

~~~

Eruanna looked up as two others entered the waiting room- two boys, one well over six feet with a rugged appearance, the other was shorter with very dark skin.

They must be friends, she thought.

The two took the bench next to her, and silence ensued for a moment before she found the courage to speak.

"Did the two of you get letters as well?" Her voice was soft and shy.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 27, 2004 07:50
Elerrina entered the room and saw that others were in there, "I assume all of you received letters?" She asked.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 27, 2004 03:30
(OOC: Ooh, that would be so great, fosh! He has the perfect personatliy for that. ^__^)

Yaro and Besuu looked up as the girl seated on the opposite bench finally spoke. They had no time to answer, when anotehr girl entered and stated, "I assume all of you recieved letters?"

"That'd be why we're here." Yaro answered sarcastically. Besuu scowled at him. Yaro didn't care about being polite at the moment; he wanted to know what was going on. Besides, he was beginning to get hungry. Besuu, knowing his brother's thoughts, sighed to himself. He looked at the girl who had been in the room when they entered. "Uh, hi. I'm Besuu." he offered, somewhat awkwardly.

Up in the branches of a thickly leaved tree, sat the slender form of a young elf. His violet eyes scanned the area around him, habit of too many battles.

There were many tales; tales among his people of war and of hard times. But there were also tales of peace. He was too young to remember what life had been like before darkness had begun to overcome Valinor. And all his life, he wondered why the Valar had been unable to drive the darkness away.

The young elf gripped the hilt of his elvish sword tightly, eyes darkening. Then, light voice floated upwards and he looked down to see two elvish maids.

One was his twin, a beautiful elven girl with long black hair and violet eyes. Beside her was Falaswen; no other elf had such large and clear green eyes. Their conversation seemed serious, but the elf, Shadah, had no interset in eavesdropping tonight. With the slightest rustle of a branch, Shadah dissapeared.

Although it had been a long time since the days of King Aragorn, but the royal palace of Gondor had changed little. Gaurds clothed in the black and silver stood at attention as a cloaked figure made it's way towards the council room.

One might have wondered why the person was even in the palace; the worn grey cloak fluttered and it's tattered edges showed bare feet. The hood fell over the figure's face, but sharp golden eyes were aware of all that surrounded it.

Pausing before the council room, the figure stayed unnoticed by the four in the room. Two women and two men...no, children really. Kahn sighed to himself. So young these four...but Falion had little to work with, he admitted. The man decided not to enter; not for a little while at least. He wanted to observe these cubs for a little while longer. It had been some time before he had ventured freely into the world of men and time had taught him caution.

(OOC: I hope that was okay...sorry to be somewhat long-winded)
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 27, 2004 09:39
((Hey you guys- I won't be around until Sunday, I have to be at my dad's and I should be doing my homework now... eek... so see you all then! ))
BingoTook
Radical Humor Mathom & CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 28, 2004 04:14
"Dap bap bap ba deep-a dap bum ba....!"
"Jude."
"Da da DEE da da da dum-pa dah...!"
"Jude!"
"Da dat DA-A-A--!"
"HEY! JUDE!"
"Owwf!!"
The hobbit was knocked off his feet as the large, burly man threw a sack of letters at him, and he tumbled into a small pile on the floor, blaring headphones sent flying.
"Curse it all, Jude! You could pay attention to your JOB every once in a while!"
"But, but I did..." Jude stammered. "I finished--"
"Then what're you sittin' on?"
The hobbit looked sheepish.
"A sack of...letters?....That you just threw at me?"
"YES. Now get to work."

Jude sighed and stood up, adjusting his headphones before picking up the sack of mail and taking it back into the dead letter office.
"Lovely," he mused sarcastically, riffling through the undeliverable envelopes.
Jude Burrows was a tiny thing--a hobbit, or halfling, as they were also called--one of the small, fur-footed peoples leftover from the earlier ages of the world. He worked as a proud civil servant, in the dead letter office, and, as much as he butted heads with his boss over the constant music-blasting, the spikey, purple hair, the eyebrow ring, the tattoo, the lack of shoes, he kept his job because he was unmatched at deciphering the unintelligible scrawls that sometimes served as mailing addresses, which was what he was doing now.

"Huh," Jude spoke aloud to himself. "Get a load a' this. 'URGENT'. Boy, YOU should'a never wound up here. From th' top-o-th'-line an' everything, judgin' from the stationary. Well, I hope it weren't TOO 'mportant, Mister....Z---no, J-V--no, Jud---Holy!! That ain't MY name, is it?!"
Jude's head darted back and forth questioningly to an invisible jury.
"IS it??"
He looked back down at the letter, hesitated, then ripped it open and devoured the printed lines inside ravenously, finally looking up again with eyes several times larger than his head.
"Whoa."
And that said it all.

Moments later Jude was dashing out the door of the postal office and running towards the busstop as fast as his short legs would carry him, oblivious to his boss' angry shouts behind.
Aranel_Laivinelen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 28, 2004 06:04
The King beckoned his daughter to him.

"Come here, Elanor."

Assuming that he wanted her to change out of her comfortable clothes, she spoke as she approached. "Dad, you know I am miserable in dresses...don't make me change."

Failon laughed. "Actually, I wasn't going to speak to you about that."

Now curious, Elanor's eyes twinkled. "Then what about?"

"I would like you to sit in the council with us. But not as my daughter, mind you. As an advisor." Failon spoke, with a smile.

Elanor bowed to him curtly. "Of course, sire."

Failon raised his daughter's face with a hand, and kissed her forehead. "You make me proud, Elanor. Very proud."

"My king." A messenger interrupted. "They have all arrived...all except one."

As father and daughter exchanged looks, and smiles, Legolas spoke up. "We cannot delay any longer."

King Failon sighed. "No. I guess not." He gestured to the seats around the round table. "Legolas, Elanor, please be seated. Varnon, show them in."

"Yes, my Lord." The messenger bowed, and went out of the room as they sat. King Failon hoped that their last member to arrive wouldn't be too far behind. Failon sat next to Legolas, and Elanor sat across from her father. A pretty big group filed in, and the King bid them to sit wherever they will.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 29, 2004 07:12
Elerrina entered the room with the others and found a seat. She sat quietly, playing with her raven black hair, waiting for the council to begin.
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2004 09:39
Nessa drove down the streets to the palace, her motorcycle's loud noise alerting eveyone of her coming. She guards stopped her in front of the palace and she pulled her helmet off, a long sheet of raven colored hair flowing behind her. She nodded at the guards.

"Evening. I presume you want to know why I am here?"

The guards both nodded in reply. They took in her state of dress with raised eyebrows. her leather pants, black tank top, and leather jacket marking her as a person from Mordor. The rumors and history of the place gave the inhabitants a bad name.

She pulled a letter out of her pocket. "I believe this is the seal of your king? I was asked to come here for a council."

The guards gave her a suspicious look, but let her through. She placed the letter back into her pocket and her helmet back on her head, driving into the palace lot.

She was lead into the council room, her thick boots clunking on the floor heavily with each step, chains from her pockets jingling. She looked around at everyone with dark eyes, smiling slightly. "I am sorry if I have delayed you," she said. "Traffic was horrible, blocked for miles." She sat in an empty chair and placed her hands in her lap. Her black fingers blended in perfectly with the leather, but her pale skin bright white against all the black.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 03, 2004 01:10
Kahn had stayed within his hiding place until it seemed that all who had been called to the council had arrived. Then, he quietly made his way to his seat, ignoring any stares he recieved and keeping his hood well over his head.

He knew he must be a sight; his dingy gray cloak with it's tattered edges was something only to be found in museums these days; the rest of his wardrobe was equally as outdated.

Kahn sat down and folded his arms underneath his cloak. From the safety of his hood, his golden eyes studied the others in an amused way, but he said nothing.
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 05, 2004 04:06
“Eruanna,” she replied to Besuu, smiling softly. “And you are…”

Before the other boy could answer, a woman opened the door.

“The others have arrived. You may enter now.” Eruanna stood and followed the boys into the council room, where she took a seat to Besuu’s right. There were others there as well, and Eruanna studied them with interest- until King Failon spoke.

“Nearly everyone has arrived, though it seems a few are late. But this matter cannot wait- and so I have summoned you all here.” There was a moment of dead silence, as the King studied them all. “But I believe it would make more sense for Legolas to speak now, because he was the one who whose you.” The king stepped back and the tall, blonde elf stood. “I present to you Prince Legolas Greenleaf, son of Thranduil of Greenwood.” The king took his seat.

As Legolas stepped forward, his sharp ears picked up the whispers and murmurs that began at the mention of his name. Could he really have been the one to represent elves in the fellowship of legend? To have battled in the Pelennor just outside this city? He took them all in for a moment- quite a diverse group. He had chosen them all, those with the largest amount of Elvish blood, and there was one even with the blood of a wizard. All with Failon’s help on a machine called- what was it? A com-pu-ter. Yet another thing he hadn’t heard of before. He raised a hand for silence.

“As Lord Failon has said, my name is Legolas. I come on behalf of Valinor, and I have chosen each of you because you are the only ones able to withstand the threat that faces us. Morgoth has somehow escaped imprisonment, and Sauron, though it was thought he was destroyed completely after the War of the Ring, has returned and they are now slowly conquering Valinor. In Valinor, Morgoth is turning elves to his will, creating an army as he goes. Sauron can do this as well, but since he isn’t nearly as powerful as his master he prefers to do so to humans- which is why I have chosen you. Each one of you has traces of Elvish blood- which should protect you from becoming part of Sauron’s army. There should also be—“

At that moment, a short person with purple hair burst into the room, through the waiting-room door.

“I’m here,” he said, breathing heavily and flopping into the nearest seat, blushing at the looks people gave him.

“—a hobbit,” Legolas finished, smiling slightly. “The hobbits in the original fellowship were of great importance- putting aside the fact that it was Frodo and Sam who took the ring to Mordor, without the hobbits it is doubtful any of us would have had the will to go on as long as we did. Since Frodo was resilient to the ring’s evil, it is thought that a hobbit would be resilient to Sauron’s mind-control. Sauron has other devices as well, of course- other ways to fight us. Our quest will be to go to Mordor and find something he hid there long ago, while Frodo was on his way to Mount Doom. It is a device of tremendous power he planned to use to aid in controlling Middle-Earth once he had taken it over completely, though we are unsure what or where it is. Once we find it, we will destroy it- for we have heard that Sauron plans to return and take it back so he might help Morgoth rule Valinor. It is possible he’s already sent out soldiers to make sure no one tries to stop his coming. After we destroy this device, we must somehow go to Valinor to help drive them out- a near impossible task, but one that must be attempted nonetheless, for surely once they have taken Valinor they will take Middle-Earth. I need to know who of you will be willing to join me.”

The silence was heavy as he waited for someone to respond. But finally, a girl stood.

“It is an honor to have been called here. I will go with you,” Eruanna said. She was blushing horribly, her stomach doing flips and her mind whirling at what she had learned. Not to mention she was scared out of her mind- this was the bravest (or possibly stupidest) thing she had ever done. She remained standing, hoping someone would join her soon.

[Edited on 6/6/2004 by foshpickle~greenleaf]
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2004 05:53
There was as soft rustling of fabric as Kahn rose to his feet. "As will I." he said quietly.

Yaro turned and looked at Besuu. The two brothers stared at each other for a moment, communicating without words. Finally, Besuu gave the slightest nod and both young men stood.

"We will join you as well." Yaro said quietly; in a polite tone that was uncharacteristic of him.

"It is an honor to be considered." Besuu added in the same quite, sincere tone.
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2004 06:17
Nessa sighed. What could she possibly have to loose? She stood, brushing her raven-black hair behind her shoulder as she did so.

"I will join you also," she said in her soft, slightly haunting tone. She looked around at everyone else. "I may be of some help, seeing as I am from Mordor ..."

Acheron
Realm of Tulkas Leader
Send Message
on: June 07, 2004 04:46
A figure cloaked in black sat in the bar nearest the royal palace downing shot after shot of Vodka, he had seen many things in his many years and had little intrest in interfering with the world event. But he had felt it, the return of the darkness he had once called his lord. He couldn't ignore this and simply sighed slapping his shot glass down on the polished wooden bar. " Put the drinks on my tab Thranor," he said to the burly bar keep who just grunted somthing incoherint, outside he looked to make sure no one was around and called his faithfull companion Shadow to his side. Few people reacted well to the presence of the giant wolf who in days long past was often mistaken for a warg, " time for another bout of saving the world my friend," he said rubbing the animals now graying muzzle. Dusk too had become somewhat gray, his hair being specked with gray here and there. The assassin still wore his trade mark helm and armor but only on jobs, today he wore his tattered old travelers cloak over a pair of simple loose jeans and a loose tee-shirt. Both black of course, the black clad man mounted the large wolf and they shifted out of the normal world. And into a raging torrent that was now the realm of shadow, they braved the storm and made their way through the maelstrom to the ethereal mansion.

Dusk slipped in part way through the elvish princes speech and slid into a seat unnoticed. Time seemed to drag on, as did the elfs speech and soon Dusk was asleep but woke when the call for members went up. "Aye i'll join you on your quest your highnesses... thats in none of you mind a very old very grouchy old assassin and a very old wolf," he said several people eyeing the new arrival.
Aranel_Laivinelen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2004 10:58
Elanor had remained silent through the exchanges, lost in deep thought. Then she made up her mind.

"Aye. I'll join you on your quest your highnesses... that's if none of you mind a very old very grouchy old assassin and a very old wolf," the man dressed in all black said, standing.

"I'm sure we do not mind." Elanor stood, nodding to him. "I'm going. I will contribute my knowledge of the geography and weapons, along with whatever services I may be able to offer the group regarding protection." She spoke firmly, meeting her father's gaze directly.

"Absolutely not, Elanor." The King spoke in the silence that followed, his commanding voice clearly heard ringing through the halls. "You were not to be part of this fellowship. You were merely to be an observer."

"Did you think that I would stand by and do nothing when I heard what was going on?" Elanor's equally stubborn voice pierced through. She met her father's gray eyes with her own, and the air intensified between them. She knew that was not the primary reason why he objected to her going. He did not trust her to take care of herself. She had proved herself capable all of her lifetime, over and over again, and when she thought that she had finally convinced him, here he was, distrusting her.

She forced her anger down beyond where she could reach it, and spoke, her voice calm. "King Failon, as your advisor, I strongly advise you to let me go with them on this journey."

She knew that she had caught him in a web when he sighed. His next words fell out of his mouth, slightly marked with dejection. "You may go then, Counsel Elanor." She smiled. She hated being a minor still, having to ask for her father's permission to go in front of all these people. But she had won in the end. She would be able to put her skills into good use. To help people. Not stay locked up in some castle, behind courtly gestures and manners that was only a front. Eldarion was better at that. It did not suit her well.

She turned her head to Legolas, waiting for his reply to her proposition.
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2004 03:16
Nessa sat back down and slouched over slightly, hiding her face in shadow. Her moment of heroism was over, and she wanted to sink back into her own world. She looked at the edge of the table and ran her finger along the edge. She grimaced, 'Tables in Mordor have sharp edges, so you don't lean on your elbows.'

Mordor was not as bleak and black as it had been, but some of its architectural and cultural aspects still remained.

She rubbed underneath her eye, then inspected her finger. None of the kohl she used to line her eyes had come off, but she really didn't understand why she should have cared. She leaned back in her seat, stretching her legs out in front of her and yawning slightly, not bothering to cover her mouth as she did so.
BingoTook
Send Message
on: June 08, 2004 03:52
Jude glanced around. There was a lot of tension in the air, none of which he understood. Everyone looked very impressive, very important, and very dangerous, and Jude was sure that he was there by mistake. That in mind, he made the decision to turn down the volume on his blasting headphones, and to creep away towards the door, trying very hard to avoid the large, hungry-looking wolf curled around the feet of a man in black.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2004 04:31
(okay I am still i mexico but i managed to find a computer though I will be leaving this city for another tomorrow so I dont know when i will be able to post again, so please don´t forget Elerrina.)

Elerrina stood up and said, "I too will join you on this quest. It is an honor that you would deem me worthing of undertaking such a misson and I will not fail you."
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2004 05:12
Kahn, who was seated near the door, smiled as he saw Jude's attempts and reached out a hand. He caught the hobbit's shoulder and the small being looked up in surprise. Kahn gently took off the hobbit's headphones.

"You were called here for a reason, hafling, as were we all." he said in a kind voice. "It was no mistake. Make sure you really want to leave before you do."
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 09, 2004 11:21
((Sorry you guys- my computer decided I wasn't worthy of the net for a few days. :s))

Legolas listened to what the others had to say, a stoic look upon his face. There were three things in particular which caught his attention: the assassin with his wolf, Elanor's stubbornness, and the hobbit's attempts to leave. The purple-haired hobbit's mannerisms reminded him of Pippin- he was sure there was courage hidden somewhere under his frightened appearance.

He nodded slowly- those reluctant would have to be swayed eventually.

"In that case, we have our Fellowship. King Failon has graciously offered rooms for all of you, and we leave tomorrow at dawn. I suggest you all take this time to get to know one another- and if you don't know how to use a blade, perhaps Elanor would kindly agree to show you how," he said, giving her a glance, "for it seems she is very skilled already." He gave them all a swift bow before following the king out of the room.

Eruanna looked around with a sigh- it seemed that judging by appearance only, she would be the only who had things to learn when it came to fighting.

But why would we use a sword? she thought with a bit of confusion as she followed Elanor out of the room. Aren't guns better?

Elanor led her to a large room with high windows, empty of anything save an enormous cabinet at one end and the various weapons hanging on the walls.

"I'm Elanor," the princess introduced herself. Eruanna smiled and shook her hand.

"Eruanna- and I"m sorry to say I have no experience with any kind of fighting," she said, a bit sheepishly. Elanor smiled.

"Well, I'll show you a few things, then," she said, going to the cabinet and taking out a sword.

~~~

"We should discuss which roads to take," Legolas said. Failon nodded.

"That's what I had in mind." He led the elf to another room, this one seeming to contain nothing but computers, maps, several bookshelves and a table. The king pulled a book off of a shelf and took out a map, which he laid upon the table.

"You can take this road to Mordor. I'll give you a car- you could probably even get there by tonight, if you had wanted to. Your best bet is to start looking in the area where Barad-dur used to be," he said, pointing. Legolas shook his head.

"No- it was farther east." He placed his finger where maps of old would have placed Barad-dur, a few centimeters to the right of where the king placed it. Failon turned his head to the side.

"Yes... well... either way, it's not that far." Legolas nodded, and the king folded his map and placed it back in the book. The elf turned and began to leave, but Failon placed a hand on his shoulder.

"By the way- few people use swords anymore. It's more common to use one of these," he said, handing him a small object made of cool metal. Legolas turned it over several times, studying it.

"But what is it?" He was unsure of how such a small object could provide protection from anything. The king smiled slightly.

"Ask my daughter to show you how to use a gun," he answered. The prince nodded, watching the man's face carefully as a look of worry crossed his features. He placed a hand on his shoulder.

"You have many things to worry about now without your daughter being one of them. She'll be fine- I promise you." Failon nodded slowly before smiling and taking his gun back.

"She should be in the training room with the others who needed help," he said, pointing vaguely in the direction of the room. With a small smile of thanks, Legolas turned and walked rapidly in the direction of the room- he could easily hear the sounds of someone practicing with a sword, although no one seemed to be practicing with them.

Approaching the door, he could see it was none other than Princess Elanor, demonstrating to one of the women he had seen at the council.

Eruanna, he thought. That was her name.

He joined her in standing near the wall until Elanor paused for a moment and noticed him.

"Your father said you were to show me how to use a... a..." he frowned, having forgotten what the king had called it.

"A gun?" Elanor prompted. He nodded.

"Yes, a gun. That was it."
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 09, 2004 12:02
Nessa stood, walking out of the room in her slow stride. A servant showed her to her room, which she stayed in long enough to take her jacket off and throw across the bed.

She walked out of the room, out of the palace, and into the rather large garden. She looked around and spotted a rather comfortable looking tree. She climbed up easily, despite her heavy boots, and sat on a branch the size of a bench. She laid back, her arms underneath her head, and closed her eyes. She was not looking forward to this, being around so many strangers for so long. She planned to get as much peace and quiet as possible while she still could.
BingoTook
Send Message
on: June 10, 2004 04:58
Jude sat quietly on a corner of a large staircase, wondering if "they" wouldn't mind if he went out for a pizza or three. He was to stay in the palace at "their" insistence, after he'd seemed to have found himself having agreed, or been agreed for, to do....what? He still didn't know. It had something to do with the long-distant past. And it had something to do with himself, he had been made to understand. Well, not himself, personally. But they needed a hobbit, and Jude was one that could be found. Not many could, anymore. Over the years the halflings had grown smaller and scarcer, and now those that remained were content to keep to themselves in whatever out-of-the way places they could find to set up their own communities in, Jude being an odd exception to the rule.
Aranel_Laivinelen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 10, 2004 07:13
"No problem. Hold on." Elanor spoke, and walked over to Eruanna.

"Here, practice these series of moves, while I show Prince Legolas what guns can do." Elanor demonstrated the basic stance, which surprisingly, Eruanna had a natural inclination towards. She then showed her how to hold the sword so that her hand would not tire so quickly, and to hold it firmly and with enough force to parry and strike. She made her practice on a wooden practice sword, after having Eruanna hold the real sword to have her feel what the real thing feels like. She showed Eruanna the fundamental series of parries, and left her to practice it over and over again, after making sure that she had gotten it correctly.

Elanor felt the eyes of Legolas on her while she talked to Eruanna, and saw him give her looks of approval out of the corner of her eyes. She also saw something like recognition or rememberance in his eyes, and wondered what the Prince could be thinking about. She walked over to Legolas, and pulled her Glock-23 pistol out of her holster.

"This, Prince Legolas, is called a gun. It is a metallic weapon that can fire metal pieces such as these," Elanor pulled out a few bullets to show the prince, who took them to examine them more carefully. "called bullets. They fire them at such high speed and to such great distances that they beat the old-fashioned bow and arrows hands-down. They pierce through virtually anything."

Elanor showed the Prince how to hold the weapon, and let him feel the weapon in his hand. Then, walking to a separate cabinet than the one that stored swords, she pulled out a Glock-17T, a training pistol.

"Here. I'll show you what this small thing can do." Elanor aimed at one of the targets across the room, and fired. A shot rang out, and Legolas flinched at how loud it was, not having expected it. Elanor pushed a button on her watch, and the piece of paper moved across the room to Elanor, attached at the top to metal clips. Elanor beckoned Legolas to her, to examine the paper target. A hole appeared on the center of the paper target, and Elanor smiled at the Prince's reaction.

"That was only a rubber bullet. If it was a metal one, it would have done much more than break through a piece of paper. It would have planted itself deep in the wall. That would be why we use these to train with. Having too many holes in the wall wouldn't be too good, right?" Elanor smiled, and handed Legolas the training gun. He held the gun as she had instructed him, and he aimed the gun at a different paper target, among those across the room. Elanor returned the paper target back to its position with another push of a button on her watch, and watched as Legolas took careful aim.

"Keep your hands steady and firm. Right. Now curl your finger around the trigger, the thing that is above the handle. That's it. Now pull." Elanor directed, and Legolas obeyed. The shot made him jump, and the gun flew up. Elanor caught it expertly, and held it out to Legolas for him to try again.

"Practice makes perfect." She smiled encouragingly.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email