Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: A Desperate Search (See OOC please)
on: June 10, 2004 10:01
Legolas frowned as he took the weapon back from Elanor. Though the the advantages of such a small, powerful weapon were obvious, in his mind it lacked the grace, strength, and coordination needed to master a bow. And it was excessively loud, to add to the list of complaints.

He glanced at Eruanna, whom was moving through the training exercises shown to her by Elanor with a fluid grace. He smiled slightly- after all, that was what her name meant.

He shook his head and decided it would be best to get back to learning with the gun. He took his cloak off for the first time since he had arrived and tossed it off to the side, his thoughts momentarily dwelling on the brooch given to him by Galadriel that was still the only he Even used. He quickly rolled up the sleeves of the tunic he wore before raising his arms as Elanor had shown him, using his knowledge of aiming with a bow to aid himself in aiming for the paper target across the room.

He pulled the trigger carefully...

...and flinched, turning his head to the side as the gun went off. The noise was just too loud! Perhaps it wasn't so much to Elanor and Eruanna as it was to him, but then again, neither of their ears were as sensitive as his- which were ringing painfully. He sighed as Elanor watched him with a slight frown- at least he hadn't dropped the gun this time.

He tried it three times more with the same results- though he was hitting the target- and getting closer to what would have been a kill shot each time- it still wouldn't do.

"Are your guards going to give me my weapons back?" he called. She turned her head to the side.

"I would think so... why?"

"Because I would rather use my bow." She sighed.

"Just keep trying. You'll get it." He wanted to ask if Eruanna was to learn as well, but knew that would sound childish.

It was his turn to sigh now. "Aragorn never was very good with a bow, no wonder his descendants aren't fond of it," he said to himself, getting ready to fire again.

Eventually, when his skills with a gun were satisfactory to Elanor, Legolas moved on to helping Eruanna with a sword- and this time, it was clear that he knew more than Elanor in this matter, being several thousand years older. Although she was highly advanced- to a point where he would consider her a dangerous foe- she let him take over with Eruanna, watching as he coached her in things such as footwork and dodging the blow of an enemy she wasn't able to block.

"Good!" he said enthusiastically, using the two blades Elanor had provided to block a vicious attack from the young woman. "You're learning... now, move your feet, so I couldn't trip you."

Eruanna did as she was told- she had eagerly been soaking up every bit of her short training session. It was as if she was being re-introduced to something she had learned as a very small child, and she was actually enjoying every minute of it.

...Even when she failed to notice how the prince had slipped around her and caught her feet with one of his own, sending her to the ground. She frowned a bit at his lighthearted smile as she rolled over.

"You're learning very well. I think you just need a bit of practice in hand-to-hand combat," he said, offering a hand to help her up.

[Edited on 6/11/2004 by foshpickle~greenleaf]
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2004 05:35
(OOC: lol, Fosh! luv your signature...but aren't you already cracked? ^__~ Where is the Purple Duck Pub? It sounds like fun. *grin*)

Kahn had decided to walk in the gardens for a little while. It was a full moon tonight.

The man paused and looked up in a tree. The girl from Mordor was there...her name had been Nessa, hadn't it?

Yaro ran his fingers through his shoulder length hair and sighed moodily. Having accepted...whatever this quest thing was, all that was left to do was to send word to their mother. Besuu had gone to tell her; they figured he was too big for her to kill.

A tuft of purple hair caught his eye and he saw the hobbit sitting on the stairs. Walking over, Yaro said, "Hey."

The hobbit looked up.

"Mind if I sit?" Yaro asked, motioning to the space beside the hobbit on the stair he was sitting on.
Acheron
Realm of Tulkas Leader
Send Message
on: June 11, 2004 08:07
Dusk sat in the room he was given and removed his pack, Shadow was in the other realm retrieving somthing for him. From the pack he removed his two trade mark weapons, Spinesever the crimson shortblade and Slitter the sentient green longblade. The weapons felt natural in his hans for he had wielded them through over a thousand battles, he smiled as he touched the hilt of Splitter feeling the familiar conciousness of the blade. Shadow returned lugging his crimson armor and his black robes, he hadn't worn his armor for the last three hundred years and he was happy to be in its presence once more. Dusk rubbed the scar on his side remembering his battle with the evil necromancer Bartuk, his mind returned to mor pleasant things as he donned his armor and weapons. He slid his robes onover the armor keeping it from the average eye, he returned his veil and hood to his head and left the room Shadow by his side. He took an elavator to the roof avoiding several guards who would most likely have taken his weapons. He reached the roof to find a small garden at the top, the white tree of Gondor stood in the center and other more lively trees were planted in a circle round it sheltering it from view. Dusk sat in a lightly padded chair near a pond that glittered in the moon light feeling the wind blow on his face, he patted Shadow and looked up into the sky.
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2004 09:12
Nessa had been humming to herself, a soft tune she remembered from her childhood. She did not quite recall having been sung to, but this tune stuck in her head. She suddenly opened her eyes, having felt more than heard the person below her.

Without giving any sign that she was aware of him, she said in a very soft and slightly haunting voice, "You are Kahn, am I correct?" She then rolled gently over onto her stomach, peering at him with her very dark eyes. Her hair spilled over her shoulder, hanging down and brushing the side of her face. "And yes, I am Nessa, the girl from Mordor." Her face showed a little discomfort at this proclaiment.
BingoTook
Radical Humor Mathom & CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 11, 2004 07:03
Jude blinked at the tall man hovering several feet overhead, and nodded dumbly, scooting over to make room.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2004 08:05
Kahn nodded his head a little. "It is a pleasure to meet you." he said in his quiet voice and smiled slighlty. "You find that tree more comfortable then your room?"

Yaro sat and then sighed a bit. "So...did you die your hair that color?" he asked curiously
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2004 09:39
Nessa shrugged. "I have always preferred the outdoors. While my room does look comfortable... I need the peace and tranquility I can only find in nature right now." She sat up on the branch, her legs dangling off the side. "What brings you outdoors on this lovely day, may I ask?" She tilted her head to the side slightly, brushing her hair over her shoulder and watching him with inquisitive eyes.
Aranel_Laivinelen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2004 11:35
Elanor observed the proceedings silently, amazed at Legolas' fluidity and agility. She knew that she would never possess such skills, and felt humbled. She had thought that she was the best swordswoman around, but she lacked the smooth continous movements that elves were born with. She picked up a few pointers from watching Legolas teach Eruanna, and found herself going over some of the moves herself. She drew her katana, and closed her eyes. Her hands and feet moved in sync, to bring the image imprinted in her mind to reality. She felt the air dance around her, and breathed deep. The quietening of her mind came as soon as she slipped into her inner self, and she grew aware of her surroundings. She was one.

She opened her eyes, and resheathed her sword with great care. The meditative state she was in took control over her, and she felt every molecule of air, every vibration of the earth, currents flowing and feet pounding. She stood in silence, and closed her eyes.
BingoTook
Send Message
on: June 13, 2004 07:57
"Yeah," Jude answered suspiciously. "Why?....Did you dye yours?"
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 13, 2004 08:36
Yaro laughed. "Nah, my hair is naturally black. I wanted to dye it blue once, but my mom would have killed me." He said. "She insisted it would ruin my hair and she made such a fuss, I finally gave up on the idea. She did let me grow it out though." He glanced at the hobbit. "So...um...what about your family? Did your parents make a fuss about you having purple hair?"

Kahn smiled and looked at the greenery around him. "I dislike the indoors, no matter how comfortable." He shrugged.
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 13, 2004 06:55
((Jade- Fosh is crazy, but she hasn't cracked yet. The Purple Duck is in the Realm of Nienna.))

Eruanna gave Legolas a small smile.

"Thank you... your highness," she said, somewhat uncomfortably. He smiled back at her. "But I need to go tell my roommate goodbye and pack my things... so can I go?" He nodded in response, and she handed him her sword and left.

She rolled up her sleeves as she went down the stairs, still breathing a bit heavy for the fact that she had just spent the better part of her evening learning to use a sword. Once in her car, she made her way home as fast as she could without breaking the speed limit.

Her roommate wasn't there, and she frowned sadly. "I hope I see her again soon," she said to herself. She left a note to her before going to carelessly toss some clothes and other items in a duffel bag. She then threw said bag into the passenger seat of the her car, took a quick shower, and changed her clothes before heading back to the citadel.

As she went back up the stairs, she realized she had left her bag in the car. With a sigh, she turned to get it.

Her light brown hair was dark and dripping as it hadn't dried yet, and as she hadn't had time to put it in a bun in her haste it was in her face. She muttered to herself about how much it bugged her as she shook it out of her face, spraying water everywhere.

She didn't see Besuu coming towards her, back from talking to his mother, presumably lost in his owns thoughts as he didn't say anything until a spray of water hit his face. But by then Eruanna was too close to do anything but let out a startled squeak as she realized she was going to collide into him- both were too surprised to do anything.

Eruanna fell- more like bounced off of him, so to speak. For her, it was yet another case of "run-into-something-larger-than-you-and-no, it-will-not-fall-over, but-you-will". For a moment all she could do was stare back up at him in shock- after all, she hadn't expected to run into anyone.

~~~

Legolas put his knives away quietly- Elanor was deeply engaged in her training, fighting a foe whom he could not see. He picked up his cloak and glanced back at her as he left; from simply watching him with Eruanna it was easy to see that she had learned much.

He made his way to his room, and was very pleased to find that everything he had arrived with- two small bags and weapons both- was laid upon his bed. There was a small plant hanging from the ceiling, a sight he was glad to see in this room of cold white stone.

The night was warm with a pleasant breeze, and casting his cloak carelessly upon the bed he decided to take a walk in the city.

[Edited on 6/14/2004 by foshpickle~greenleaf]

[Edited on 6/14/2004 by foshpickle~greenleaf]
BingoTook
Send Message
on: June 13, 2004 07:19
Jude shrugged.
"They prob'bly would. I haven' exactly heard much from 'em in a while. Haven' seen 'em in years."
He shifted his small weight uncomfortably, trying to explain the awkward situation of his home life, not knowing why he was.
"Y'see...I'm kinda the, uh, black sheep of the family. An' by 'the family', I mean every hobbit back home in th' North. In, uh, in Bree county, y'know. They say I was, uh...not...hobbity."
Jude's cheeks flushed a little. Why the heck was he saying all of this to someone who really probably couldn't care less about the outcast of the paranoid hobbit survivors. He tried to change the subject.
"So,uh....Do you know what it is we're doing here? I mean...those letters an' all. There was a lotta talk earlier, but I, uh...It went over my head. So to speak."
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2004 01:21
Yaro sighed. "Well, as close as I can figure, there is some sort of guy named Sauron who is the evil dude from the old stories and he's back. He's got some sort of weapon and we have to travel to Mordor; the base of his old operations and destroy it I guess."

The boy frowned. That had sounded an awful lot like a cheesy movie trailer. He looked at the hobbit and shrugged. "I'm kinda hungry; what about you?"

Besuu blinked and stared at the girl on the sidewalk in front of him before his brain kicked in. "Oh, sorry." he instantly apologized and offered his hand. Eruanna accepted it - her hand was a good deal smaller than his - and Besuu pulled her up. "Are you okay?" the tall young man asked anxiously.
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2004 04:11
((Sorry I spelled your name wrong last time I posted, Jaid... ... that's how my friend spells it and I guess I'm just so used to spelling it like that... :blush: ))

"Yeah, I'm fine... I'm just kind of clumsy, that's all. Sorry about that," she said, rubbing her left elbow- it had struck the stone stairs quite hard and was a bit sore now. She gave him a giant smile while digging in her pocket for a hair tie.

"I was headed back to my car to get my stuff," she said, putting her hair in a ponytail. "I'm assuming you're headed back inside?" He nodded. "Then wait a second and I'll walk with you." She ran back to her car and unlocked it, grabbed her bag, and headed back to where Besuu stood.

"So are you from around here?" she asked as they walked. "I haven't seen you before."
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2004 12:44
Nessa drops out of the tree, landing easily on her feet. She sighs. "Would you like to go for a walk, then? It shall be a while before the sun sets." She smiles very slightly. "But, of course, if you prefer to be alone, I will not intrude."
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2004 05:19
(lol, okay then! Eh, don't worry about it, poppet; most people mispell my name.)

Kahn paused, considering, then smiled. "I would be happy too."

"Yeah." Besuu answered, sticking his hands in his pockets and staring at the ground as they walked. Nice as he was, he always felt clumsy around girls close to his own age. "We live in the lower sections of the city, I guess you'd say. Um...where do you live?"

BingoTook
Send Message
on: June 15, 2004 06:48
"Food?" Jude's head popped up instantly. "Food is always good."

Much better than something that sounded like a cheesy movie trailer.
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 16, 2004 07:22
"Fourth level," she answered before they both lapsed into silence. She shifted her bag so the strap wasn't digging so harshly into her shoulder. "I suppose I might have seen you in school or something... maybe..." she said, more to herself. She really wished there was something to talk about, but she wasn't horribly good at talking with people she didn't know well.
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 17, 2004 09:39
Nessa nods. "Alright then. Where shall we begin?" She says the last to herself, looking around. She picks a random direction and begins walking, gesturing somewhat for him to follow her.

"So, where are you from, sir? You already know that I am from Mordor."
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 17, 2004 03:57
Yaro grinned and stood. "Let's go then!" he said enthusiastically. "Eh...oh wait, where is my head? I'm Yaro by the way. What are you called?"

Besuu shrugged. "Maybe...are you in college? I was attending ___ Academy, but I guess that will have to be put on hold for now." He looked upwards. "I was...well, I was studying to be a veternarian. You know, an animal doctor." The plain young man grinned rather sheepishly.

(OOC: Bleh, can't even think up a decent name for a school...O.o)

Kahn was quiet. "I couldn't really tell you." he said after a short laspe. "I suppose I cannot call one country my own; I have wandered Arda for as long as I can remember. Although, I must admit that I have not visited Mordor extensively." He looked at her with his golden eyes. "Whereabouts are you from? More towards Gondor, or further to the South; towards Harad?"
BingoTook
Send Message
on: June 17, 2004 06:22
The hobbit's face broke into a wide grin.
"Jude Burrows," he answered as his fingers were enveloped in a handshake.
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 18, 2004 08:45
"Towards Gondor," she answers shortly. She looks over at him. "You should visit Mordor sometime. It is not as dark as it once was, and I could show you around." She gives him a ghost of a smile, which is a rare occurence for her, then looks back down the path they are walking.
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 18, 2004 04:43
((lol, Jaid... since I'm not much up to thinking of a name either, let's just say there's only one there. :s

I've got a bit of bad news- since we're moving right now, my mom's getting rid of the net until we're settled in, and then she might even get rid of the computer as well as it hardly works. So I'll try to get to the library, but I can't promise anything... ))

Eruanna nodded. "Well, I should have seen you there then. Odd that I haven't..."

By now they had reached the top of the stairs, and Eruanna paused.

"Have you had dinner yet?" she asked.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 18, 2004 05:47
(OOC: Oh dear...well, we'll just have to bear it with ya, foshie. )

Besuu shook his head. "No, I haven't actually." He grinned. "When we got the notice, we sorta dashed out the door."

Yaro shook the hobbit's hand and was pleased to see the shorter being smile at him for the first time. "Okay, then Jude." He stated. "Off to the kitchens!"

Kahn inclined his head slightly. "I would be honored." he said graciously, then studied the scenery for a little while.

"A well planned garden." he said softly, after a few moments. "Well planned...but..." he smiled and shrugged depreciatively. "I prefer a little more wildness."
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 18, 2004 09:43
Eruanna shook her head, and in a tone that made her sound more than a little motherly said, "Well that won't do. What do you say we go get something to eat? Then we can come back here. Besides, I'm a bit hungry myself." She gave him a smile.

Besuu agreed, so after bringing her bag to her room they walked to a nearby cafe. It was quite pleasant, sitting outside in the sunset and talking while they had a small dinner. Afterwards, they made their way back to the citadel, and after wishing each other goodnight, Eruanna went to her room to see if she could get some rest.

She passed Legolas along the way, giving him a smile. He nodded in return, seemingly lost in his own thoughts, and she was left to wonder how much elvish blood she really had in her. Her family had never really kept track of it's ancestors, so she had little to no way of telling where the elvish blood came in. In her mind, she was nowhere near graceful enough to be remotely elvish- the collision with Besuu proved that. But then again, during the short experience she had wielding a sword, she had felt as if there was no way she could trip or stumble or run into anything. It was like the blade was her partner in some sort of fluid dance- one that she had picked up on almost instantly.

She shook her head as she opened the door to her room. It was large and pleasant, with plush, dark blue furniture. There was a couch on one side, in front of a television. On the other was a bed with a canopy, though the posts didn't quite reach halfway up the wall of the high-ceilinged room. In the corner on the same side as the couch and TV was a desk with a computer. In the opposite corner was a table. There were also several plants, and a bookshelf built into the wall behind the computer desk. There was a door between the TV and desk to the spacious bathroom.

Walking straight through the room she came to the window- or rather, door, for there was a balcony through it from which she could just see the Anduin glittering in the setting sun. She went through this door and leaned over the railing with a sigh. This room reminded her of a suite in a very expensive hotel- and she wasn't paying a thing. The thought made her smile a bit. She stayed there for a while, watching the sun set before going back in to do a bit of research on the computer. If she was to go on a quest such as this, there were some things she needed to know.

~~~

Legolas eventually found his way to the courtyard again, where the sight of the White Tree made him smile. There was a bench on the grass beside the fountain, and he took a seat to watch the first stars emerge.

I haven't seen a sunset such as this for a long time... or stars so bright, he thought bitterly. The darkness that was spreading over Valinor was causing the light of the day to dim, and the nighttime to deepen. He sighed, thinking of the last time he had watched the dusk in Middle Earth, before he sailed away with Gimli.

"Legolas, are you sure this thing is going to float?" Gimli asked, eyeing the small vessel skeptically. The elf smiled a bit.

"And why wouldn't it?" The dwarf grumbled to himself, and Legolas laughed, causing Gimli to look up in surprise.

"You haven't laughed like that for a long time, laddie," he said, a grin slowly forming through his gray beard. "Now hurry up."

Laddie... Legolas sighed as a fleeting memory of Aragorn came to mind. Gimli had always called him that- he knew the dwarf found it odd that the youngest member of their trio was the leader, but over time that became the natural thing, and neither of them would have it any other way. He looked at the trinket in his hand- something a young Aragorn had given him when Legolas had been teaching him about archery. They boy had been having a hard week, not really getting along with anyone but his Elvin teacher. He remembered the day he had been sitting outside, reading as he waited for the child to come out and join him.

Aragorn had finally stormed out, fuming about something that Legolas had never figured out. But later that day, after a particularly successful lesson, Aragorn had given him a small polished stone of blue.

"Because you're a good teacher," the boy had said, blushing shyly and smiling at the same time.

Legolas held that stone in his hand now, turning it over. He had worn it down considerably over the years of handling it, and he could feel it's familiar smooth texture, warm from the heat of his fingers. In it's shiny surface he could see the reflection of the first few stars, and looking up he saw them twinkling in a gray-blue sky. He could also feel Gimli's eyes upon him, though the dwarf remained silent.

Isn't it strange, he thought, that I knew him when he was so young, and now he's gone? That it all seemed to go by so fast? That...

"Legolas?" Gimli called softly. He shook his head.

"I'm coming." He looked at the water on the side of the pier, and without a second thought dropped the stone in, watching for a moment as it sank before continuing--

"Legolas?" Elanor's quiet voice rang through his mind like the gunshots he had heard earlier that day, sending every thought scattering. He started in surprise.

"I didn't hear you coming," he said, turning to her. "I had forgotten that earlier you mentioned you wished to speak to me. I'm sorry, I should have gone to find you." He moved over on the bench to make room for her should she wish to sit down.

[Edited on 6/19/2004 by foshpickle~greenleaf]
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 19, 2004 04:35
Nessa nods. "Yes, more wildness... gardens always seem so unnatural to me. But, this will have to do for now." She glances over at him. "Have you ever been to Lothlorien?"
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 19, 2004 09:01
(ooc: Im back from my trip. I am not sure what is going on but i think we are still at the castle right? if not tell me and i will change or delete this post)

Elerrina sat quietly in a garden thinking as she watched birds fly tree to tree. The light breeze ruffled her raven black hair and she breathed deeply, glad to be in fresh air instead of the filthy city air of her home.
Aranel_Laivinelen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 19, 2004 11:51
"It's ok." Elanor said softly as she sat down next to Legolas. She looked into his eyes and thought that she saw something familiar in them. She recognized it quickly, and smiled sadly.

"The past has caught up with the present, eh?" Elanor asked, her voice still soft and gentle. "As for me...there's not enough of either..."

She let her words hang in the air a bit for open interpretation, and then continued. "I still am waiting for your response to my question."

Legolas met her gray eyes with his blue, his expression blank. "What question?"

"Why these trees are so significant."
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2004 07:10
Legolas uttered a sigh. It shouldn't have been so hard to tell her the truth, but at the same time, it was.

"A beautiful tree in such a city of stone as this is a welcome sight to and elf's eyes," he said. Not a lie, but certainly not the truth she had been looking for. "I think you'll find in our travels that I hold all such things in high regard- trees especially." There was a pause, and he looked at her- blue eyes that had been warm a minute ago were now cold and icy, filled with hatred and anger. "During my travels through Valinor from one battle site to the next, and finally back to the sea, everything was dead. Plants, animals- elves, even. All cast aside along the road as if their lives meant nothing. Whole families that had been trying to escape a terror they couldn't possibly outrun lying in pools of their own blood, not dead for a day yet and already forgotten by their survivors."

And Enelya... but no one will forget her. I’ll see to that.

For a moment he felt as though he was losing control- falling off the edge of a cliff at which he had been standing for so long, ever since that fateful day. There was a sharp stab of pain through an old wound- though this was in his soul rather than on his body. The whole struggle could be witnessed in the blue depths of his eyes- though after an instant it was over, and he was in control again.

“I’m sorry, it’s getting late and we’ll all need our rest for tomorrow. I think I’ll need different clothes if I’m going to ‘blend in’ for our journey- perhaps your brother could help me with that.” He stood and gave Elanor a small smile and bow. “Goodnight, Lady Elanor. I’ll see you at sunrise.” Without another word he turned and retired to his room for the night.

When he got there, however, he knew he would get little rest. This was due to the fact that he had just thought of something that never allowed him any rest when he did think of it. Coincidently it was the same thing he had painstakingly avoided thinking of for the past few years.

Enelya.

Entering his room, he crossed it and went to the balcony, where he sat upon the wide railing. It was several hundred feet down to a landing that most people wouldn’t consider soft, but to a graceful elf it was no problem to simply sit upon it and think. He watched the sun’s final plummet and then the rising of the moon, bright and full, before leaning his head back upon the cool stone with a sigh.

~~~

There was a knock upon the door, waking him from his trance-like sleep with a jolt. Sometime during the night he had made his way inside to his bed, and he kicked off the light blanket and stretched before going to answer the door. On the other side was a maid with a stack of clothes.

“I was told by the princess to bring these to you. She says not to worry, and that her brother won’t mind.” Legolas smiled and nodded his thanks, taking the stack of clothes and setting it one his bed as he went about getting ready.

The sun was just beginning to rise as he emerged from the room with his things, wearing something considerably different than the previous day: a pair of dark blue, baggy jeans and black shoes with a black sweater. He wondered how people could even move in these clothes, much less consider them comfortable. However, he couldn’t help but glance in the bathroom mirror and was a bit surprised at how different he looked- the dark colors contrasted his pale skin, eyes, and hair drastically, the latter of which was tied back into a low ponytail. Yes, it was certainly different, but it would have to do for now.

He made his way to the council room to wait for the others. Eruanna arrived shortly later, still half-asleep, but braving the early hours of the morning nonetheless.

((Could you guys please check out the OOC? Thank you! ))
Aranel_Laivinelen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2004 10:27
(((Don't worry. We won't leave without you, fosh!)))

Elanor woke up before dawn, and took a warm bath (for it would be long before another chance came). She wrung her hair and got dressed in her black baggy workout cargo pants and a black tank top. She strapped a black cloth wrapping dagger holder that she had devised herself on her arms, the elastic cloth made to respond to a quick flick of the wrist to release the daggers from their sheaths and drop the weapons in her hands in a blink of a second. She strapped a black belt which held her Glock 23s (one on each side), her extra ammunition ready to discharge and reload, her pouch to hold odds and ends, and her throwing dagger holders towards the back. And of course, her katana had its own special place on her right side. She wore her favorite black socks and her black hiking boots, along with her thigh-length black jacket. Inside her hiking boots, she had made a special compartment to hold a dagger, one on each boot, for concealment and quick access.

She pulled her now dry hair away from her face in a simple ponytail, and started packing: minimal clothing, massive amounts of ammunition, dry, non-perishable food rations, extra throwing daggers, shuriken, and other small weapons, a first-aid kit, and a blanket. She donned the heavy pack, and was glad for the many times she had carried heavy packs filled with dumbbells on her many excursions with her trainer. Although the pack was heavy, it did not hinder her speed or movement, for she had developed muscles and had gotten used to the bulk. She grabbed some pairs of ear plugs, thinking about how Legolas had reacted to the sound of guns going off. She slipped one pair in her pockets to give to him later, remembering reading somewhere about how elves had naturally honed senses.

She went downstairs to the armory, which was now a dual practice room and a place to hold their weapons. She inspected each weapon carefully, making sure that all were in excellent condition, and decided that she should bring everyone down here before they set off so that each can choose their own weapons.

She heard the familiar gait and was not surprised when she heard the voice filtering over her shoulder from the doorway. Instead she turned with a smile, putting away the last gun she was inspecting.

"You know, I was going to make you my weapons and tactical advisor." Eldarion spoke, leaning on the door post with arms crossed, a smirk on his face.

"Oh, what a shame." Elanor replied with a wink. She walked over to her older brother casually. "It's not as if I hold that title already." She punched him lightly on the shoulder.

"Father's waiting. And our guests are waking." Eldarion continued, an indecipherable look on his face. "Are you leaving today?"

"Yeah." Elanor replied, catching on. She put her arms around her brother's neck and stood on her tiptoes to kiss his nose. He crinkled his nose in protest, but his smile widened. He drew his little sister into a firm hug, and let go with a pat on her shoulder. "I'll see you out then." Eldarion said, as they walked out of the room together. They continued on their way to the council room without any further exchanges.
Acheron
Realm of Tulkas Leader
Send Message
on: June 20, 2004 11:16
Dusk awoke early and headed down stairs to the training hall, their he passed the princess and prince. He nodded a greeting to them and began his dayly warmup, he set his feet apart as wide as his shoulders and drew Splitter bringing it diagonally in front of him. He pictured foes of old and began his battle, he fought for a half an hour and returned to his room to the long awaited hot shower. He was no stranger to the luxuries of the modern world though he prefered the ways of old, he donned fresh clothes and sword belt. Shadow met him outside his door holding his master's lightly stuffed satchel in his grey rimmed jaws, Dusk patted the old wolf's head as he took the bag and headed downstairs. He met several of the other members of this "new fellowship" on the way to the main hall and joined them silently only offering a nod of greeting. They glanced at his strange clothes but thought nothing of it. Dusk saw another in the group who wore traditional clothes and observed him, he had the feel of power about him and the assassin could sense his age. Kahn he had heard him called a kindred in body, he would have to get to know this other being who was like him.
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2004 06:11
Nessa woke up early and groaned, covering her face with her pillow. The sun was way too bright to be legal this early in the morning. After letting herself adjust to the brightness, she took the pillow off her face and blinked a few times. The sun was never this bright in Mordor. She stood and stretched, yawning loudly.

She went to her motorcycle bags, which had been brought in for her, and opened one. She removed a pair of baggy black pants and her black tank top, slipping into the clean clothes and out of her dirty ones. She fastened her belt, which held her two pistols in the middle of her back, and let it hang on her hips. She then opened the second bag and carefully removed the package. She laid it gently on the bed and opened it, the sun glinting on the blade of the well-made sword. She smiled and picked it up, giving it a few practice swings before also placing that in her belt. She pulled her hair into a loose ponytail that hung down her back and pulled her boots on, then crouched down and made sure everything was in her bags. She looked around for her journal and found it on the bedisde table, where she had left it the night before. Having gotten packed and ready, she tossed her leather jacket over her shoulders and made her way downstairs, wondering if it was time for breakfast yet.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2004 05:41
Elerrina awoke beofre the sun came up that day. She got up and put on a pair of black, slightly baggy jeans, a crimson red t-shirt, and her black leather boots that were knee high. She pulled her ebony black hair into a ponytail, letting her crimson red highlight hang out. She slung her small traveling pack over her shoulder and left her room, making her way down the hallway. She saw a man wearing baggy jeans and a black sweater ahead of her. He has long blond hair that was pulled in a ponytail. 'I don't remember him...' she thought to herself as she approached. She came up beside him and looked over........." Legolas?!" She said, surprised.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2004 08:42
Besuu had joined Yaro and Jude for breakfast, but had remained silent as the two chatted about...the wonders of cold pizza for breakfast.

The tall young man looked up as Eruanna entered and smiled at her.

Kahn followed soon after, having dressed in modern fashoin as Legolas had. Besuu had to do a double take at both of them before he recognized either. Kahn looked younger without his tattered cloak and robes - having traded it for blue jeans and and a grayish blue shirt.

Kahn glanced over at Dusk, who nodded in a silent greeting. The red-head returned it and then smiled at the wolf, sending a silent welcome at the animal as well.
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2004 09:25
Nessa walks into the room where obviously everyone else is. She sighs and brushes the strays pieces of hair out of her face. She glances around and spots Kahn. She walks over and nods in greeting. "My, you look different," she says in her form of a hello, always one to state the obvious.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email