Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1314151617Last >>
Author Topic:
mableb25
Council Member
Send Message
the realm of Lorien supposedly has a sig file, but I can't get it.
Member of the Realm of Lorien Be at peace, Son of Gondor.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
I would suggest that you send a PM to your Realm Leader and ask her if there is still access to them. When the site was moved to the new server, much of the Gallery went AWOL.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
I just have a general question...

When will the linking be fixed? It seems many of the links take you somewhere other than where the link should. member listing is pretty much useless. Anyway, all the basic stuff seems to work, which is the important part, but I never seemed to remember the old CoE having these issues.They seem to of only happened after migration to this version. Anyway, keep up the good fight.
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
There is, somewhere in the deepest catacombs, a list of all the broken links. It is foretold that one day someone will arise and fix them. Others say this is but a childish myth.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, I kind of guessed that wa the case. Fixing these things takes time and resources. No worries, at least the front-end is working well.
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
I go this message when I tried to log in from home last night:

"Denied access by Sucuri (ip blacklisted). Please contact the site owner to get it re-opened. Your IP address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"

Is there a reason this is suddenly happening? This is a dedicated IP for my modem, so I'm unsure why it would be blacklisted without notice. If there is a reason, may I have an explanation? If not, can you correct this so I can log on from home?

I tried to contact you last night using the 'Contact Us' feature but I got the same IP blacklist message. I've sent it from work today, and am posting from work. I would like to get this matter resolved as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

Arveleg
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Others have gotten that message when they have tried to embed videos(particularly from youtube) into posts. It happened to me a few months ago. I am not sure who that Contact Us message goes to, whether Rivka or another staff member but Rivka is the only one who can fix it. I would suggest sending her a pm directly and giving her your ip address to correct the problem.

[Edited on 12/02/2013 by Dolwen]
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Doesn't look like Rivka will be fixing it any time soon since its been weeks since PMing and it has been read. Thanks for trying Dolwen.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
New problem...is anyone having trouble with chatting? Chats do not post. This was going on for most of us last night and now it is happening again. Hope it is an easy, fixable problem..Thank you.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Main page log in stopped working for me.

It's working again.

[Edited on 01/13/2014 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
Main page log in not working for me. I had to use a COE members link. I made it a favorite but I am wondering what is the matter?
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
You have to log in from the forum section. If your logging in from the right hand side on the main page, it usually doesn't work.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Same with me, after calling up the site with my favorites tab I immediately click on "Forums" at the top of the page and do my login there, have been doing it for quite a while and it works every time. It has become automatic for me.

[Edited on 02/02/2014 by Gandolorin]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I think I may have posted this in the wrong thread...

Well, about two months back, I accidently tried to upload an avatar that was too big. Since then, I have been unable to get to the "Edit my Account" or even the "My Account" page. It loads, but then has the message, "Catchable fatal Error has Occured", and then gives a huge string of numbers. What on Earth does that mean, and is there any estimation of when this will be fixed? I feel so bad asking, because I know that there are so many more things to the upkeep of CoE.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Have you sent a PM to Rivka?
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I was told she already knew of the problem, and, in addition, I do believe her inbox may be full.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
It's 19:44 CET (7:44 PM in Germany) and "Members Online" at the bottom of the page is empty. "Who's Online" Chat shows three User names. "Users Online" in the column on the left is also empty. Odd.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
It's 11:17 PST (West Coast of Canada). The forums and threads are loading extremely slowly and, if fact, I have "timed out" on a couple of occasions.

I am using the popout feature in the chat box and there is a considerable lag when posts are made.

[Edited on 02/05/2014 by Evil~Shieldmaiden]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I PM'd Rivka about my problem.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
My chat bar does not show up and I cannot contact anyone or be contacted even though my name is on the bottom of the screen. This has been going on for several days now. I can do anything else, post on forums, write a PM, but cannot chat.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Have you tried clearing your browser history?
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I have my chat bar back at this moment. Sometimes I have it when I log in but then it is gone hours later. I did clear my browser history as you recommended. I hope that helps the issue. Thank you so much for your advice.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Nope, didn't help. I am posting now but have no chat bar.

Update: I switched to Google Chrome and now have a chat bar. I was on Internet Explorer when I had no chat bar.

[Edited on 02/11/2014 by Lindarielwen]
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
My browser is Mozilla Firefox and I have rarely had more than temporary problems.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Internet Explorer seems totally inadequate these days. I use Firefox, but like Chrome as well.
tarcolan
Send Message
Dear Uncle Billy eh? Microsoft likes to do things differently to everyone else. Web designers have to make special allowances for IE which is a real pain. I would recommend Firefox, it's got lots of cool plugins and stuff, but mostly because it is developed by sensible people. You can also have fun editing style sheets, turning COE pink!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I just want the thing to go to the pages I click on and give me my chats. I was using IE a little while ago and all the avatars disappeared. I switched to Chrome and now all is fine.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Has anybody noticed the Members Online at the bottom of the pages is blank?
tarcolan
Send Message
Rivka is making some changes to the way the site works and will also be fixing stuff in the near future. Keep your eye on the Announcements forum. Meanwhile the link in the left-hand pane still works.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Alrighty, thanks much, tarc.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
22:20 (10:20 PM) CET. Have gotten dumped with an "Error 522" message at least five times tonight, first time approximately 18:30 (6:30 PM) CET, with several unsuccessful attempts to reconnect at that time. The other times have come fairly closely to each other, starting about 21:45 (9:45 PM) CET, always while jumping back and forth between Forum entries. Anyone else also having similar problems tonight (today)?
tarcolan
Send Message
Error 522 is the general timeout error and is usually temporary. The problem could be anywhere between your computer and the server but is usually caused by heavy loading at the server. I was on at the same time and I didn't notice any problems. Has anyone else had this error?
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I come on behalf of someone I love...-Elrond, RotK

OK, all jokes aside, I do come here on behalf of a friend. lotrelessar94 accidently blocked her IP address after trying to embed a video. She has asked me to tell you about it in hopes it can be fixed. I will be in contact with her, so if you have any messeges for her pretaining to the state of her account, please tell me and I will pass it along.

Thank You!
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
@ maxie: I have copied your post and will paste it in the mods forum under one of our threads.
tarcolan
Send Message
Maxie, tell lotrelessar to switch off the router for half an hour or so to get another internet address.
<< First1314151617Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email