Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Lady_of_Lore
Council Member
Send Message
Post 'Forgotten Realms' (((See OOC)))
on: June 11, 2004 02:56
Lurael exausted from her hurried journey from Candlekeep arrived at the town of Beregost, her dark hair had become wet by the forehead, and she didn't stride in her usually confident fashion but waded as if in water through exaustion. It was late afternoon and the town was bustling, she came to the town centre marked by a stone pillar. The ' Burning Wizard' Inn stud to her left, it was the most entertaining tavern in town, one of the comfiest too.

Urging her weary body up the steps and heaving open the heavy door, the sound of laughter and music and the smell of ale awakened her senses. She seated herself at the bar, removing her travel stained cloak
"Ah, it is good to see a traveler in here, what can I get you?" asked the jolly barman. Lurael ordered an ale, as she sipped the cold liquid her body relaxed. Glancing round the room she saw many smiling, laughing faces, enjoying a drink and each others company. Although a favourable sight, it was not the one she needed. She needed to see the faces of adventurers, through who's eyes shone experience, through who's mouthes uttered spells and who's arms could wield a sword.

She remembered her peaceful life in candlekeep, the softly spoken monks who had been her mentors, the familiar faces of her friends, she missed them all, nearly as much as she missed Gorion. Here she would rest, contemplate the road ahead and hopefully meet some adventurers, for many did pass through this small city.

((Only post if you have posted in the OOC and I have replied, thanks people! BTW its under a different title: Dungeons and dragons rp ideas. Ok whenever your ready guys ))

[Edited on 12/6/2004 by Lady_of_Lore]
Fëawen__Nénharma
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: 'Forgotten Realms' (((See OOC)))
on: June 12, 2004 08:42
(Ok!)

Gareth walked in the "Burning wizard" He was tired, he had been walking through Larswood, he ordered a drink and sat down and thought back to his journey, he had fought many Trolls, and Goblins, but never saw a dragons. They were the real reason he went. He drank some from his pint and sat it down.

Eve sat on a tree in CloakWood, she was exhausted, she was on her way too see her friend, then all of sudden she was attacked by bandits. She managed to kill all of them, but also ended in a forest. She knew she was near Candle Keep so thats were she was headed .

(never mind with the dwarf i will just go ahead and do theses 2)
Lady_of_Lore
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2004 09:12
Departing from her thoughts Lurael looked to her left where she saw a man wearing a red cloak, he had the demeanor of a military man. "Exuse me, my lord, you look a well traveled man, would you happen to be in the proffesion of adventuring?" She asked in a girlish voice, she felt uneasy approaching a stranger and feared that he would get angry and tell her to leave him to his ale, but she had no choice. She held her breath waiting for his reaction.
thaliondragon
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2004 09:24
A figure cloaked in black and hidden in shadows sat in a dimly lit corner of the Burning Wizard Inn. The figure seemed like she was around the age of eighteen. Under her cloak she was wearing a blood red riding vest tied tight over a black satin off the should blouse with long flowing sleeves, a blood stone lies around her neck in a ancient rune, she also wearing tight black riding pants and knee high black leather spiked healed boots, and a black leather cuff around her right wrist. In her left boot she conceals a elven dagger and a sword around her waste, along with bow and black poision tipped arrows at her back.

She sat there in the shadows watching intently as others entered the tavern and smiled from within the shadows of her hood knowing things could get interesting very easily in these up coming nights. She was safe for now un-noticed so she at least thought and her secrets safe within.
Fëawen__Nénharma
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2004 09:37
Gareth looked up at the girl, "Sure, I do not mind" He left his ale of the table "What sort of adventure

Eve left Tasloi towards a small town centre, and on a sign it said "Hullo friends, welcome to Burning Wizard" She decided to go in and when she did she looked around her a man dressed in red cloak and a some elf stood talking she need no drink and sat by a giant staircase until she saw the man looking over at her and then she grew aware of a person standing next her, she jumped and turned and saw a fat man standing by her "Excuse me? What would you need in the Burning wizard I may ask" she backed away next to the man
Fëawen__Nénharma
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2004 09:54
Gareth nodded, Nashkel he thought to himself, he never had been there but heard legions, of people losing there lifes in that mine. "Sure, but hold on one of my friends" he looked at the fat man giving eve a hard trouble "Will like to go"

Eve backed up and pushed the man over a table with her legs, and she heard a conversation going on and she walked over towrds Gareth "Nashkel is a horrible place, but I would love to go!'
Lady_of_Lore
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2004 10:07
Lurael saw a woman back into the cloaked man she was talking to, but carried on speaking "Have you heard about the trouble in Naskell, you know abou their ore being tainted an their mines being inhabited by evil creatures...Well that is where I have to go, their mayor is expecting me to investigate, only I can't do it alone. Which is why I am in need of adventurers would you join me?"

((sorry something strange happened then, just ignore it))

"Well that is good news! I am Ebony, tell me the names of my new comrades?" she said cheerily, glad to know she wasn't going down there alone, for the rumours she had heard were quite horrific.

[Edited on 12/6/2004 by Lady_of_Lore]
Fëawen__Nénharma
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2004 11:24
(That was odd.)
Gareth and Eve both glanced at her, "Sure I would love to go" Eve replied she knew of the danger in the mines, but what else would she do. Gareth nodded "When do we leave?" Eve asked agian
Lady_of_Lore
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2004 12:05
"Tomorrow, at dawn. Rest and enjoy yourselves, get what supplies you need, it will not be a safejourney, as you know." She finished drinking her ale and put her glass on the bar. "I have a few things to do, so you'll have to exuse me". She turned to leave but glanced to a darkened corner, where she could make out a figure. Being a master of stealth herself she could often see those who did not wish to be seen. Nodding to Eve and Gareth she left to go to the local smith Taerom Fuiruim.
Fëawen__Nénharma
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2004 12:25
Eve walked outside and sat on a tree, long has it been that she saw the stars, Gareth walked behind her and he walked towards the Bakery, and read "Closed" he sighed, he was starving, he looked at Eve with a confused face
Lady_of_Lore
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 13, 2004 02:19
Restocking her arrows and helmit, Lurael walked back to the tavern, it was filling up with more people as afternoon approached evening, people finishing their days work. She ordered another drink and some food and sat down, she hadn't eaten since the morning and she'd gotten quite hungry. She sat eating chicken with her fingers, with her equipment piled around at her feet.

Finishing her meal, she took a book out of her pack, her journal and began writing:

1373, Flamrule, day 5
Reaching Beregost, in the afternoon, i met Gareth and Eve who will journey with me to Nashkel, where the mayor is expecting us. Rumours of demons in the mine is quite frightening but probably false, there must be an explanation which we will find. I know there is some evil behind this, I can sense it. But why Gorion meant for me to help here and how this links to me at all I have no idea. Being without my foster father is hard indeed, it worries me why we had to rush from Candlekeep and who attacked us along the way...there are so many unanswered questions.

She put down her quil and closed the book, to carry on drinking her ale.

[Edited on 13/6/2004 by Lady_of_Lore]
thaliondragon
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 13, 2004 06:29
"Tomorrow, at dawn. Rest and enjoy yourselves, get what supplies you need, it will not be a safejourney, as you know." She finished drinking her ale and put her glass on the bar. "I have a few things to do, so you'll have to exuse me". She turned to leave but glanced to a darkened corner, where she could make out a figure. Being a master of stealth herself she could often see those who did not wish to be seen.

She noticed the girl looking at her and from within the shadows of her hood her eyes flared a blue glow and then quickly died back down soon after and she went back to her drink. Soon she took out a map and scry and unfolded the map across the table. She then stood up and held the scry over it and said quitely "where art thou now hiding from thee?" her voice had a mysterious ring to it as if she was alot older than she seemed and had been traveling for many years as if she spoke of many different tongues fluently. The scry then began to move around in circles hovering the map until its crystal landed down marking her next destination on the map. "So you hide there my sweet, well run all you want but I will find thee..." As she was putting away her things getting a girl who had spotted her in the shadows walked in once more. She said to herself "time to go" and slithered out the door unnoticed or so she had hoped.
Saturn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 13, 2004 06:46
Quarion walked into the Burning Wizard. He, himself, was a wizard. He didn't look like a normal one, though. He didn't wear a wizard's hat. All that he wore that were even closely related to a wizard were robes and a dark green silk cloak. One thing that made him stand out were his ears. He had pointy ears. Quarion was an elf.

A few days back he had recieved a letter. It was from one of his good friends, Lurael. She talked about an adventure that she wanted him to go on with her. There will be others, too she had written. The letter explained everything. The last sentence told Quarion to meet her and the Burning Wizard.

Quarion looked around the Burning Wizard for a couple of seconds, then he saw Lurael. He walked over to her. "Hello, Lurael. We meet again. Where are the others that you talked about in your letter? I would like to meet them to see if they were fit for a journey like this."
Lady_of_Lore
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 13, 2004 12:12
"Quarion, it is good to see you! I believe they are wandering round the city. I told them to rest and enjoy themselves, before we set off in the morning. I am sure they are fit, they have to be, I have seen no others" she said subtley gesturing with her head to the people in the tavern who were just ordinary people; shop keeps, merchants, stableboys. "Anyway
we have Quarion with us, who's power is second only to the great Elminster" she smiled playfully "
Saturn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2004 06:04
"It's good to see you, too, Lurael. Before we leave I must see with my own eyes if they are fit for a journey like this. It could be dangerous for inexperienced people," he said, "It might seem great that you have me, but even the most powerful of beasts could be a tough battle." He sat down and said, "Bring the others in."
Lady_of_Lore
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2004 07:19
"If you insist. I will see if they are nearby" said Lurael, opening the door. She walked into the street and saw Eve and Gareth standing outside a bakery. She called out to them and rushed over "A friend of mine who is coming with us on our journey wishes to see you, come on, I'll buy you some food, since this bakery seems to be closed". She walked back towards the tavern and gestured for them to follow.
thaliondragon
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2004 10:56
She walked back towards the tavern and gestured for them to follow.

The shadowed figure was leaning against the taverns outer walls lurking in the shadows just outside the entrance to the tavern. It was as if she had reappeared out of no where and was watching the three head back to go inside the tavern. She then thought to herself *I wonder if they are a key to what I'm indeed searching for most never notice me and yet this girl did and strange company she does keep, I wonder if it is possible to tap into one of their thoughts when they are in the tavern and see what their wizard friend knows by bringing up what most think to be a legend...* her thoughts then trailed off as the three became closer and she once again vanished out of sight.
LizzyB
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2004 02:35
Byrim watched them enter the tavern. Suddenly it began to rain and she smiled to herself "Perhaps it will be profitable to listen to their words." She began to walk to the tavern door but suddenly stopped. There was another dark being. "Show yourself my sister. You need not be afraid." When the other did not show Byrim waved her hand and the rain stopped around the two figures.
Fëawen__Nénharma
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2004 06:07
Gareth and Eve nodded, Gareth swung his sword on his back.
And walked in the tavern, "hello!" he said to the person
Lady_of_Lore
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2004 06:13
"Quarian this is Gareth and Eve" she said "Gareth, Eve, this is Quarian" when she'd introduced them she gave Quarian a stare a sign that he would be polite and not say anything bad about them, at least in their presence, well she hoped he wouldn't, as she waited for him to reply.
thaliondragon
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2004 07:10
((Ooc: Lady_of_Lore hope you don't mind that I went and posted it. Also this is I guess you could say one of my famous long posts hopefully I won't do to many long ones like this and drive you all crazy.))

The shadowed figure was now standing just outside the taverns main window looking in at the small group of adventurers now talking amoungst each other. The figures eyes then began to glow a vivid blue from within her cloak and she tapped into Lurael’s thoughts and began to speak through her.

Lurael as if in a strange trance began to speak, “Have you ever heard a legend dealing with a great warrior king named Cerbus and his wife Rosenthyme?” she asked Quarian.

*before Quarian could answer her however she began reciting the story as if she knew it by heart.*

“Many, many years ago there was a time when all races lived in harmony including the race of dragons with humans. It was during this time when a new race was born. This race was a race of mighty warriors they were called dragonytes. This race was half human and half dragon. Years later a prince was born of the human race, his name was Cerbus. Cerbus was born of two sub human races one of great warriors and the other of sorcery of the earthly magic referred to as gypsies. Around the same time a girl was born her name was Rosenthyme she was born of two races High Elf and Dragonyte. They both grew up in practically two different worlds it seemed but however one day fate seemed to bring them together. Rosenthyme was out wandering in the woods and Cerbus was on a great hunt and both bumped into each other unexpectedly as if fate had brought them together. They fell in love instantly and soon were wed although they were still of a young age. Before they were married however Rosenthyme cast a spell on herself to hide her wings so she would be better accepted by Cerbus’ subjects however Cerbus’ family knew her truest form. When they were wed Rosenthyme was the age of 16 and Cerbus 18, soon though Rosenthyme bared Cerbus an heir to the throne, and when Cerbus turned 20 his father passed away and Cerbus took his place on the throne. Shortly after Rosenthyme was once again due to have another child and this child was a baby girl and she very much took after her mothers looks. Both Rosenthyme and Cerbus thought it best that their daughter’s wings be hidden as they had hid their son’s tail and cast a spell to hide her truest form. The girls silver wings were then hidden however there was a catch to the spell. If and when she was old enough if she decided it best to show her truest form then all she would have to do is think of it and she would once more take that true form, however if she did so her brother too would take his true form as well.”

The shadowed figure then let Lurael go back to her own self and her eyes stopped glowing, and disappeared into shadow once more and went back into the tavern making sure she went un noticed and sat herself at a table that was enveloped in shadow and yet close enough to the adventurers to hear what was discussed next for she was Cerbus’ and Rosenthyme’s daughter and she was looking for the one wizard that knew the story and could help her find the one she oh so seeked.

[Edited on 16/6/2004 by thaliondragon]
Lady_of_Lore
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2004 08:10
(((I just pm'd you back saying it was ok! I like long posts anyway )))

Lurael put her palm to her forehead, not understanding what had happened "I..I'm sorry I do not know what happened, I could hear my voice but I was not in control of what I was saying." The three of them looked at her strangeley, confused if not concerned. "I'm just going to get some fresh air". She told them, walking away. She felt as though some strange magic was afoot, the thought of someone else having control over her worried her, no amount of ale could make her feel quite like that, and also she wondered where that story had come from, it did seem familiar and yet she did not know it. Her head was spinning, there were so many questions she wanted the answers to, she almost felt like a child inside a womans world. She sat on a wall outside a tavern, trying to pull herself together.
Saturn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2004 10:35
I wonder who did that Quarion thought. He felt that some magic being was in the Burning Wizard. He looked around. He felt someone's energy in the shadows. "Who is there," he said.
Fëawen__Nénharma
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2004 01:04
Eve saw a shadow moving in the corner, as she disapeered eve called out to the shadows "The one you seek, is not here little girl, show yourself and I might help you" Gareth stared at her surpised "You've been to the dragon lair have you not Eve?" Eve seeked in her thoughts finally staring at her with wise eyes. "Yes, gareth. Yet they are beautiful and worth a lot of money, they seek human flesh only, I befriended a dragon Delinor who was killed by a spearsman who turned out to be part of a Town not so far from here, maybe you would like to visit him so he can recall the story to you, maybe even give Delinors Scales too, a sacred key to open part of the Mines, do you not know the story of it? Maybe I may tell you" Gareth shook his head, "My mother told me about Delinor, but it isn't really possible that you befriended him, he was a wild beast"

Eve rose with anger "He was not, he was my love." She heard men laugh at her emotions, and gareth as well "He was my love?" She thought to her self, was he? No, he was a dragon, a flying beast of burden, she was a dark elf, there is alot of difference there, she ran outside. And climbed a oak tree, turned to the stars, and sang

[Edited on 15/6/2004 by Fëawen__Nénharma]
LizzyB
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2004 03:38
byrim listened as the figure told the story. She laughed inwardly. She was looking in the wrong place. "You needn't look to them- the one you are looking for is here. will you tell me your quest?"
thaliondragon
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 16, 2004 04:29
((Ooc: sorry about this but I had to edit my long post because I got the name that she was directing the story too wrong lol still getting used to this RP I guess. Sorry again.))

I wonder who did that Quarion thought. He felt that some magic being was in the Burning Wizard. He looked around. He felt someone's energy in the shadows. "Who is there," he said.

"I am" the cloaked figure said from within the shadows of her table her voice having a mysterious ring to it but did not come out of where she was sitting nor did she say anything more.

Eve rose with anger "He was not, he was my love." She heard men laugh at her emotions, and gareth as well "He was my love?" She thought to her self, was he? No, he was a dragon, a flying beast of burden, she was a dark elf, there is alot of difference there, she ran outside.

The figure read the girls thoughts and then using her mind said to the girl *it is not crazy at all my dear not crazy at all...* She then turned her head sharply at the other figure there and slightly hissed and said to her *I shall not for I know who I seek and my dear it is not you who has what I need.* She then was once again in complete silence eccept for what she was listening to the adventurers.
Lady_of_Lore
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 16, 2004 05:33
Lurael returned from outside, seeing the cloaked figure she instantly realised it was her that controlled her to speak that tale. "I think you and I need to have a little chat" she said seriously, but not neccessarily out of anger. Afterall, all she wanted to know was the truth and why this person wanted to use her in such a manner. "I will cut to the chase, what is it that you want?" she asked her, her blue eyes looked deeply at the stranger, searching for an emotion, an answer.
Fëawen__Nénharma
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 16, 2004 01:35
She looked to the stars, and grumbled as she remembered the Poem the children sang, as she crossed towns.

Nothing sad as any folk tales say
Then a lay of a dragon who came to a mind
Of a beautiful fair lady
Their love was forever
and forever it was,
Who's love came to a end
as they say it never had began.

She saw Gareth walk out the doors and looked into the bakery sadly
thaliondragon
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 16, 2004 04:58
"I did not mean to make you uncomfortable however it's hard to know who you can and can not trust these days and as of right now I am still uncertain. It all depends on your wizard friend over there truely." she said. "As for what I want well yet that is still to be determined..." she then faded off. Her voice had a very mystical ring to it and she had a straight face however no one could tell because she was still hidden well in the shadows of the hood to her cloak.
Lady_of_Lore
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 17, 2004 01:02
Lurael looked at her confused and tried to make out her eyes from the shadow of her cloak "What we want.....yes we all need to figure this out and then decide whether is is attainable, or indeed worth having". She looked from the stranger to Quarian and decided to leave them alone, sitting at the other end of the tavern. Again she began writing in her journal:

I experienced something strange today, my life has never been mundane, and seems it will never be. We have met with a mysterious woman who somehow got into my head and took control of my voice, making me speak a tale of old. She wants something from Quarian, of what I do not know and neither does she I suspect. Indeed she has a strange, magical presence about her, I feel that she isn't human but none could tell for she hides under the shadow of her cloak. Eve, has also been acting strangley spewing something of a lost love. I am coming to realise that we all search for something, and in turn something searches for us.
Fëawen__Nénharma
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 17, 2004 12:11
Eve fell asleep, on a Birch tree. As she did a unusual thought came to her mind, More like a voice, that scared her. For it was Delinor's voice, a strong voice and it said "Do not fear the dead Eve, for you do not fear me. Come to Nashkel to meet your doom, come to Nashkel to meet me." she woke up tensely. She thought "Delinor is that you?" but it did not answer. She remembered what had happened, Raelfor was his name, the one who killed Delinor. She thought back:

She had walked to a cliff, looking strangely down at sea level. There Delinor was sleeping, she was about to run down there and wake him up, but something happened she didn't except, a group of greedy hunters were near by, walking aimlessly, towards the dragon, she cried out to Delinor, which woke him up but not soon enough, the hunters closed in on him, Raelfor the leader of the group walked towards the dragon as she turned ran towards him, skidding on hard rock down the cliff, Raelfor stabbed the dragon in the head with him, sword and pulled it out, she remembered tears in her face, and then she remembered him, being trapped in the sea. As they skinned his crystal scales, she turned away and promised revenge

She glared at Gareth who was yelling at everyone.

[Edited on 17/6/2004 by Fëawen__Nénharma]
Lady_of_Lore
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 19, 2004 06:11
The sound of birds roasting filled the air, the sun had disapeared yet its glow had not totally vanished. The sky became a darker hue of blue and the low floating clouds became illuminated with pink. Lurael retired to an upstairs room and sat on the window ledge of her room thoughtful and noticed Gareth seemed to be shouting at people but she couldn't tell why. But it didn't really matter, she sang to herself quietly in almost a whisper, so that her voice could almost be the sound of the wind. She wrapped her arms round her legs and rested her chin on her knees, looking at the beautiful sky, not seeing or caring what was going on in the world around her. Her world had been turned apside down in a matter of days, she felt so alone. This was the furthest she'd ever been from home and soon she would be even further away as adventure awaited in Nashkel. She couldn't deny that this would be exciting, but it was hard to let go of her past life style and take up this new one as a traveller, an adventurer.

thaliondragon
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2004 04:03
"Well I guess time will be the only keeper of the old tales now..." she said and her words drifted off. She then stood up from where she sat and walked out of the tavern and down a back alley way heading towards the old church. When she reached the church she went inside and headed up the bell tower and then out onto the roof where she then sat looking out at the town and everthing else that surrounded it. As she sat there she removed the hood of her cloak allowing her medium length brown hair to flow in the wind and her crystaline blue eyes shown ever so brightly as she sat and watched the sun set in the horizon lost in great thought...
Fëawen__Nénharma
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2004 04:17
Eve sat there as the light beamed through the tree, she climbed off and restocked her arrows at the nearest weaponry, she was shocked how many poison-tipped arrows they had there and bought 4 silk feathered arrows, as she walked out she saw Gareth having a conversation with a young girl, she turned and he waved goodbye and she came walked by him he ran out and called to her "Eve!! Wait up" she stopped and looked at him as he ran up to her. "I'm sorry, I laughed at your childish love" she slapped him across the face "What did you say to me?" he backed up a little and ran away towards the "Burning Wizard" she sighed and walked towards the graveyard.
Lady_of_Lore
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2004 03:00
Hearing raised voices Lurael had looked down as she heard the raised voices of Eve and Gareth. Seeing Eve strike Gareth, she raised her head off her knees, watching Gareth retreat and come back into the inn and a melancholic Eve walk away. Lurael sighed and shook her head, she hoped that they would make up some of their differences before morning,it would not help things if they were distracted or arguing along the way she also doubted Quarian would be able to stand it.

She had a flashback of Gorion, she closed her eyes as she saw the weatherd face and those kind, wise eyes. His deep but melodic voice spoke to her as when she was a child, putting his hand on her head "Child, there is nothing wrong with fear, a true hero has fears, but faces them anyway. If someone was affraid of nothing, how can he show braverey?". She then remembered another occasion when she had asked him if he'd been lonely before she had come along, living on his own, he had chuckled "My life has indeed been improved by your presence, but I wasn't alone here. I did have some friends when i was travelling and when I was alone, I had their memory and also the most loyal friend of all...myself". He had then bent down to her level "Nobody can stay with you forever, no matter how much they love you, when they are gone and you are alone, you must carry on, always be a friend to yourself". She then had hugged him, too young to hear the warning in what he had said, thinking he would be there forever.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email